LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » what good health habits will you continue when you are cured?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what good health habits will you continue when you are cured?
flygirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all!

let's think positive thoughts!

when you are cured of this affliction, what good health habits have you learned/made a part of your life, that you are going to continue?

For me, it's for sure:

drink a lot of water (prior to this I was so awful, I could go all day without water)
keep taking acidophilus
likely keep taking milk thistle (why not, it is good for you)

what good habits are you just waiting for the freedom to break? (tee hee)

for me, I cannot WAIT to have a beer. or a glass of wine. it's funny, I never drank much, but now that I cannot, I seem to crave it! although I'm sure I'd nurse my first beer, anyway. ha ha!

Beth

------------------

Posts: 167 | From Ashburn, VA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachcomber
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You ask a good question.

I have always eaten a relatively healthy, organic diet and have always exercised. So, that part of my life will remain the same or better.

I think the most important thing I have learned from Lyme so far is patience and learning to take some time for me. Prior to LD I was a workaholic. I still work lots because I like what I do. I think I will continue to take the time to rest and relax when my body and brain need a break. I will also be as patient with those who have been patient with me through all of this. Slowing down has opened my eyes to the things around me that I took for granted before.

It is interesting that much of my work involves those with special needs. I have a new appreciation for what they experience daily.

Bc

Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.) Keep all negative ( and psychotic ) people out of my life, questions asked.
2.) NEver be a human doormat- again
3.) Keep takign supplements, vitamins
4.) Yoga
5.) Meditate
6.) NEVER TAKE ANYTHING for granted

and yes,

I want to drink a beer,just one.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlkeen
Member # 1260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlkeen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think in addition to the healthy eating and suppliments I will continue the daily exercise. It seems to make the biggest difference when I don't get out and move for 20 minutes. Also the daily hot tub soaks are staying.

Mel

Posts: 1572 | From Pa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6380

Icon 7 posted      Profile for James H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My kitty says... 'Kitty petting is the BEST therapy there is, and you should NEVER forget to pet your kitty, no matter how cured you get'.

As long as you remember to pet your kitty, life will be good... But if you forget... THE COUCH GETS IT!!!

[This message has been edited by James H (edited 06 March 2005).]

Posts: 714 | From San Antonio TX | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't read the other posts yet. But, I will give myself down time.

I was usual active from the time I got up to the time I went to bed.

I don't like to be around people who like to dwell on the negative and will continue to watch who I am around when I am well.

I will take time to be around family and friends.

I will take the time to watch TV. I never watched TV before coming down sick. I have found that there are some interesting shows to watch and it is OK to zone out in front of the tube.

I will continue to eat fresh fruit, vegies, protein, nuts, beans and limit white flour, white rice, white potatoes, sugar, etc.

I will continue with the epsom salt baths, podi patches and clay detox.

I will continue with what supplements I can afford.

[This message has been edited by kam (edited 07 March 2005).]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ivebeentricked
Member # 6944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ivebeentricked     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will continue to eat as much organic foods as I can, continue to eat greens, vegies ect. ect. continue to not drink soda, bassically I will continue to eat as healthy as i can and know how to,

i will continue to not trust most doctors,

continue to take and research supplements

continue to be as nice and understanding of other peoples situations even if i don't understand them

continue to do things that i enjoy and hopefully start doing them way more again,

continue to keep my life clear of BS and clutter

drink a few beers every so often

just to name a few,

if i ever actually start feeling better, and not too much is lost i know i will look back and be thankfull for the changes getting sick has caused in my life, even if it has wreaked as much or more havock

Posts: 99 | From California | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Continue your vitamins and mg and cq10 and acidophilis for few months.
Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will continue as I have for over a decade diet-wise, i.e. low-carb, low/no junk.

Like COL I want to have a beer, just one!!!

I want to be able to exercise and keep exercising - possibly by then I can try out for the geriatric olympics.

About petting kitties - I like that too, but I am petrified of anything with fur or feathers now - it might bring me another tick, and renewed misery.

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great question Flygirl,

When I'm better I'll continue with the very healthy anti yeast diet I'm on now. I'll add a little more grains but definitely won't add much flour or sugar back.

I'll continue to buy only organic foods and will be especially careful to avoid mass produced meat & dairy.

I'm so grateful to be able to move again I'll be sure to exercise more.

I'll avoid doing way too much and will get enough sleep.

I'll continue to detox: podipatches & epsom salts. I might also start more cleanses like chlorella or cilantro.

I'll keep on wearing hats & scarfs!

hatsnscarfs

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement