LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Liminting paragraphs to 6 lines of text & hitting enter!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Liminting paragraphs to 6 lines of text & hitting enter!
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have so many newbies, I wanted to mention this topic to help us all out.

To all, please limit your paragraphs to 6 lines of text only.

We late stage lymies have to much brain fog, and can NOT comprehend screen after screen of CONTINUOUS typed text.

When anyone copies a lengthy article here, please break it up into smaller paragraphs if it's LENGTHY...ok.

We all want to learn as much as we can about our lyme disease, treatments, and share experiences.

We can't help you out unless you help us all out having SHORT paragraphs for each post/reply.

SUBJECT LINES -- also the MORE specific your post is, the more readers/replies you will get.

We all have to pick & chose for our limited time here ... let's all work on making this board to our advantage vs. disadvantage.

Thank you for being receptive to this.

Please forgive me, but I do not know how to contact Cigi privately on this board....

Cigi, I looked for a post from you, but couldn't find any. Today in 1 of posts, you had 3-5 screens full of continuous text. Please break it up....ok.

Thank you all; I'm not looking to pick a fight with anyone. I'm sharing my views and know others like me have this terrible problem since we have been misdx for many years....me for 34 years!

Betty G., Iowa

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And to the newbies that dont know this, you can simply recopy their post and repost it for them with the spaces.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up

and by the way.......tic is spelled "tick" and Lymes is spelled "Lyme"

from the teacher

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StrengthToStrength
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StrengthToStrength     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about no 1-line paragraph posts either? There is not enough continuity for many of us to follow. I haven't read a Tincup post in months.
Posts: 236 | From D.C. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheryl
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also find the one-line paragraphs EXTREMELY difficult to follow.

quote:
Originally posted by StrengthToStrength:
How about no 1-line paragraph posts either? There is not enough continuity for many of us to follow.

------------------
Lyme Disease Information By Email:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lymeinfo/
Lyme Disease Information Online:
http://www.lymeinfo.net

Posts: 1547 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one-line paragraphs.....

Do you mean like this?

or when someone posts a lengthy paragraph

and splits it right in the middle of the sentence? [like this?]

Are you now driven crazy?? [really, I'm wanting to know which one you mean....or both!!?]

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheryl
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES!!! LOL That was cruel. HEHEHE

It's both for me.

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:

Are you now driven crazy?? [really, I'm wanting to know which one you mean....or both!!?]

Posts: 1547 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, looks like I struck a nerve and we have additional input from others on this wonderful board.

Tutu, love your teacher graphic! Tutu, the first thing I learned on this board is that we call each other "lymies". So my spelling was right on that one.

I did not show "tic" anywhere and know tick is correct. If you saw it elsewhere & my fingers weren't cooperating, it was my mistake.

Thanks for your input as well folks.

Betty G.

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:

and by the way.......tic is spelled "tick" and Lymes is spelled "Lyme"

from the teacher

NO, NO, NO, BETTY!! I didn't mean YOU!

I was talking to newbies who keep insisting that Lyme is really LYMES! "Lymies" is another word entirely. [I guess I can live with "tic"....maybe.

Cheryl....I didn't mean to be cruel. Thank goodness you have a sense of humor! I was a little surprised that both ways bothereed you.

Well, we're all in trouble then! It's gonna be hard to please everybody, huh?

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

James H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6380

Icon 7 posted      Profile for James H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(I tried to write a sentence in vertical columns. Serves me right... it got all scrambled when I posted it!)

L_T
i_h
k_i
e_s
__!

...but without the underscores.

[This message has been edited by James H (edited 10 March 2005).]

Posts: 714 | From San Antonio TX | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

James, was that a secret code? Yep, all caps is a big no, no around here. We gently tell the person that that is the same as shouting. It's very difficult to read, that's for sure.

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Aw, c'mon James! Play fair! You make me look like I'm talking to myself!!

[well, it happens sometimes!]

Biting Back
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biting Back     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Computer help for those with low vision:

You can greatly enhance text visibility in internet explorer by doing the following:

At the top, left in internet explorer you will see view. Select it and scroll down to text size. Select largest.

Posts: 703 | From Almost Heaven | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Gee, that's pretty neat, BB! I never knew you could do that! Probably won't help when the paragraphs are all crowded up....but hey, it will help other times! Thanks!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Cheryl
Member # 75

Y� J� T� I� T� B�W�F�L�|

E� A� H� S�H� E�A�O�Y�|

S� M� A�� �E� S�Y�R�M�|

��� E� T���� �  T����� �I� |

�� S��� ��� ��� ���� ����E� |

���� ���������� �� � �����S� .

I think u finally discovered a format I can understand.

[This message has been edited by Cheryl (edited 10 March 2005).]

Coyotecrazy
Member # 6707

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Coyotecrazy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you build it, they will come ..........

If you write it, they will read it .......

This thread made me laugh, thank you !!!!!

Posts: 66 | From AL, USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cigi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cigi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty -

If you look at my last post, I tried to edit about 3 times and I ended up double

spacing. I don't know if this helped or made it worse. I've been writing about

experiences, not just questions.

Sorry if it's not helping to double space. After fooling around with it, this is what

my end product came out with.

Good health -

Cigi

Posts: 320 | From Upstate, NY USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caveman
Member # 35894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caveman         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My two cents worth to this discussion.

Yes, all caps in a message is horrible to read. And smaller blocks of print (paragraphs) are easier to deal with. No more than 6 lines seems good. Can they be too short? Maybe.

But consider this. Since many people with LD (Lyme disease or learning disabled ) have trouble with their spelling or typing, constantly dropping and reversing letters, it's a good thing we are all suffering from typoglycemia.

Here's a message a friend sent me recently.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to rscheearch taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the
olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit
pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a
porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Such a cdonition is arppoiately cllaed
Typoglycemia.

Amzanig huh? Yaeh and yuo awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

Caveman

Posts: 10 | From Maryland | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I haven't read a Tincup post in months."

Well...

Looks like you're reading one now.

Could it POSSIBLY be that some of us have trouble with even 6 lines and we need it broken down to smaller sections so the eyes can focus.. even with the print on LARGE? And with a LARGE screen?

I really can't separate the words to check what I have written unless it is opened up and "clean looking". Otherwise the letters from one line run into another line.. and the words in lines together get wavy.

Sorry if my disability irritates others.

It irritates the HECK out of me.

My next step will be brail.

How are your fingers feeling today?

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheryl
Member # 75

Tincup,

I personally don't feel IRRITATED by your disability. But likewise, the other preferences that were discussed here are because of the disability and special needs of others. There is obviously no one-size-fits-all approach here.

See, paragraphs that are single lines break up the train of thought, and make things difficult-to-impossible for certain Lymie BRAIN problems. It's hard for the brain to stop and start stop and start with each new line. Paragraphs that are continuous with several sentences help the brain to track what is being said. Single sentence paragraphs usually lose me by the second sentence.

Further, I find that normal paragraphs help with VISUAL TRACKING and focussing as well, ie. when the eyes jump or don't want to work together, and need to find their way back, but I guess that's different for everyone.

Anyway, people can just choose not to read what is difficult for them since there is no form that's good for all. Perhaps you aren't even reading this as I'm using paragraphs. I usually don't follow for more than the first few sentences (of anything) anyway due to screwy attention. Oy, the issues we face, LOL.

I'll continue to type several sentences per line, but I still prefer James' method.

Cheryl

quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:

Could it POSSIBLY be that some of us have trouble with even 6 lines and we need it broken down to smaller sections so the eyes can focus.. even with the print on LARGE? And with a LARGE screen?

mikken
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikken     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheryl,

Is James' method really easier for you? I'm just curious about the horizontal/vertical thing with how the brain processes...

I wonder if it helps your brain slow down enough to see each word, without losing the "flow" of the thing...just because your brain is dealing with a new format.

I have to confess, as a non-Lymie (Mom's the resident Lymie), I find this interesting. Mom sometimes has trouble with reading or focusing on stuff and I wonder if changing the format/approach would help her during these times?

Posts: 369 | From Ohio | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, since I manage to stur the pot...I do not really care how it is written if it helps and sometimes if we tell people what they have to do, they will just stop...So we can say it helps us personally but we can't impose rules for others when they type.

People are not well enought to worry about all of the rules.. You can suggest...

Now for Tincup, if you do not read her info you are often missing important info that will benefit all of us..And others..And I enjoy the humor. I have read her posts about her horrible vision problems so it is amazing that she is able to even read this stuff and all of the research and make postings.

We are fortunate that she is able to do what she does and she is currently going without sleep (by the look at the time she posted last)to fight the good fight for lyme disease in Maryland..The second bill is introduced today..

Many of you have helped with her efforts but not sure we can tell her how to type..I am just very thankful that she is a pioneer that is still alive to fight for us..

Now I will also say that none of you that have criticized her, or set rules for posting are mean people and I hope I did not come across mean..Most of you are in this fight with your sleeves rolled up and are constantly helping the fight.

Just my 2 cents and possibly mispelled words..I have dyslexia..And I won't touch the lymes thing..I have been blasted almost to Hell with my thoughts on that before.

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

To all, we have had a lively discussion here, haven't we?

We all have special needs and we continue to find out how LYME has touched each of us from those with early lyme to the many of us with late stage lyme.

Tutu, thanks for clarifying that. I looked & looked for what you discussed and couldn't find it mentioned in my typed comments.

BB, yes I use that all the time..VIEW, SIZE, LARGEST.

Here's another tip on this same issue. For those with a MOUSE WHEEL, hold down the control key and use WHEEL same time. You can enlarge/reduce using the wheel...sames time doing it this way! Try it; you'll like it.

CIGI, I forgot you & coming back now. Thanks for understanding and trying for our benefit.

As stated, no ONE rule is going to help us all since we are all at different stages in our lyme disease. Thanks for sharing your views.

Betty G. ... hope I haven't forgotten to answer anyone directing their comments to me.

[This message has been edited by bettyg (edited 11 March 2005).]

Cheryl
Member # 75

"Ok, since I manage to stur the pot"

OK, I'll take the bait.

Now for Tincup, if you do not read her info you are often missing important info that will benefit all of us..

Of course. But uou seem to imply that people are ABLE to read her posts if they only want to enough. You have missed the point of the discussion. And, you have ignored my explanation that causes certain people, myself included, to not have much of a choice in this matter. It is a DISABILITY just as significant as Tincup's.

Many of you have helped with her efforts but not sure we can tell her how to type.

I don't see a single person who told her how to type. In fact, Betty emulated her posting style. Only one person mentioned Tincup aside from herself and then you, and that was just to express s/he has difficulty reading the posts. That is a fair assessment and I don't see it as a criticism. This viewpoint should be equally respected, not dismissed.

We are fortunate that she is able to do what she does and she is currently going without sleep.

I am VERY grateful for all Tincup does, and think she is doing amazing work despite having to overcome many physical obstacles. I don't even think this should be a discussion about her or any person in particular. I also don't think her response would have been quite the same if she wasn't under such stress right now. And I think your response is more to her than to the real content of what anyone else wrote.

"Now I will also say that none of you that have criticized her, or set rules for posting are mean people and I hope I did not come across mean."

I encouraged you to re-read this thread to see that NO ONE criticized Tincup, and to correct that statement. But you stood by it. I think it's clear that no one has criticized Tincup, and yes I do feel you "come across mean" by twisting people's words who have been expressing their (our) own difficulty. In doing this, you are minimizing, not respecting, the disability of others.

Many of you have helped with her efforts but not sure we can tell her how to type.

My statement: "Anyway, people can just choose not to read what is difficult for them since there is no form that's good for all."

HOW on earth is that telling Tincup how to type? Until I saw your post, I thought this was a productive, light-hearted conversation.

Respectfully,
Cheryl
Expecting equal respect for equal disability

quote:
Originally posted by lymemomtooo:
Ok, since I manage to stur the pot...I do not really care how it is written if it helps and sometimes if we tell people what they have to do, they will just stop...So we can say it helps us personally but we can't impose rules for others when they type.

People are not well enought to worry about all of the rules.. You can suggest...

Now for Tincup, if you do not read her info you are often missing important info that will benefit all of us..And others..And I enjoy the humor. I have read her posts about her horrible vision problems so it is amazing that she is able to even read this stuff and all of the research and make postings.

We are fortunate that she is able to do what she does and she is currently going without sleep (by the look at the time she posted last)to fight the good fight for lyme disease in Maryland..The second bill is introduced today..

Many of you have helped with her efforts but not sure we can tell her how to type..I am just very thankful that she is a pioneer that is still alive to fight for us..

Now I will also say that none of you that have criticized her, or set rules for posting are mean people and I hope I did not come across mean..Most of you are in this fight with your sleeves rolled up and are constantly helping the fight.

Just my 2 cents and possibly mispelled words..I have dyslexia..And I won't touch the lymes thing..I have been blasted almost to Hell with my thoughts on that before.

------------------
Lyme Disease Information By Email:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lymeinfo/
Lyme Disease Information Online:
http://www.lymeinfo.net

Cheryl
Member # 75

Hi Mikken,

No, I was just being silly

But I suppose anything is worth a try with your mom. Never know!

Cheryl

quote:
Originally posted by mikken:
Cheryl,

Is James' method really easier for you? I'm just curious about the horizontal/vertical thing with how the brain processes...

mikken
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikken     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

No, I was just being silly

But I suppose anything is worth a try with your mom. Never know!

Aw, rats! I was going to teach her Chinese or something! )

Posts: 369 | From Ohio | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok. let's see.I think I have been misunderstood. I have had 6, 7 or more emails from Cheryl and most are trying to rip out my intrals..And to put something in one of them about my daughter's illness was a very low blow..I am wondering if she is really that mean to have said it and meant it or just didn't think about how rough it was. I will pray that I misunderstood her intent.

I will continue to pray for her and all others that are ill..I have even asked for her to take me off of her email list and she continues to mail me at home.

My points were taken as if I was yelling at everyone and making fools out of them..Which is very wrong..Part of my intention was to say that some people will not respond with such implied rules as only 6 lines, etc. I apologize that it was not taken that way.

There are many people that are afraid to post and when people start saying do this or that it really restricts some newbies from participating..

I have no intent of belittling your disease or disabilities or anyone elses..If anyone is sick, they are in need of help and accomodations..I never said you or anyone else does not need accomodations..

And Betty,my intent was not as accused to sabottage your post..I only wanted to state my opinion..But guess I have learned another rule, those that disagree must not be allowed to respond..Sorry.

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheryl
Member # 75

Ruth Ann,

WHOAH

For starters, to state that you have received that many emails and that I have continued to email you at home is blatently misleading. What you failed to mention is that each email was in reply to separate emails from you. I sent the first one to discuss the problem, but after that they were all replies. For all I know you have continued to email me and they are bouncing.

Before blocking your email, I asked you what email list you were referring to, but when you sent me a snippy response instead of answering that question, I blocked your email and haven't emailed further. I am not a mind reader about the email list.

I hoped to handle this issue offlist in a friendly manner, thinking perhaps it was a mistake but you continued to insist people were criticizing Tincup. You choose to take it to personal attack and when I am bitten, I will gladly defend myself. Rip out my intrals about my own illness and it's not fair to not expect the same in response. I don't know why you think you are entitled to do it, but should be immune to it in response.

You didn't want to address my concerns I initially emailed you about, instead telling me to post them here. SO I did.

Your points on this board were taken exactly for the comments they were. You haven't said anything to convince me you were misunderstood. And I don't need to hear anything further, as I can read them for what they are. The part about having to follow rules was not the issue, so no need to reduce it to that. But as far as people afraid to post, getting a response like yours certainly doesn't help.

I don't really think this is the business of the board, but was put in a position to make the facts clear.

I pray for healing for you too.

Cheryl

quote:
Originally posted by lymemomtooo:
Ok. let's see.I think I have been misunderstood. I have had 6, 7 or more emails from Cheryl and most are trying to rip out my intrals..And to put something in one of them about my daughter's illness was a very low blow..I am wondering if she is really that mean to have said it and meant it or just didn't think about how rough it was. I will pray that I misunderstood her intent.

I will continue to pray for her and all others that are ill..I have even asked for her to take me off of her email list and she continues to mail me at home.

My points were taken as if I was yelling at everyone and making fools out of them..Which is very wrong..Part of my intention was to say that some people will not respond with such implied rules as only 6 lines, etc. I apologize that it was not taken that way.

There are many people that are afraid to post and when people start saying do this or that it really restricts some newbies from participating..

I have no intent of belittling your disease or disabilities or anyone elses..If anyone is sick, they are in need of help and accomodations..I never said you or anyone else does not need accomodations..

And Betty,my intent was not as accused to sabottage your post..I only wanted to state my opinion..But guess I have learned another rule, those that disagree must not be allowed to respond..Sorry.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

BTW, this teacher does not think everything here should be spelled correctly. I make my own share of mistakes, and often write sentences without capitals and such....who really cares?

You should see my dyslexic typing before I fix it all!

I just think it would be NICE if those with Lyme could spell LYME and TICK. Just a pie in the sky idea, I guess!

And Tincup can write weird stuff anytime she wants to. She can even write like James if she wants to!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laserred     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa..you guys..if this is what Lyme rage is all about I'd stay out from behind the wheel of a car till it passes....and make sure there are no guns in the house....

Sweet dreams everyone...
-laserred-

Posts: 493 | From MidWest NorthWoods | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheryl
Member # 75

Yup, the emails from Ruth Ann have been pretty rageful. Hopefully that will pass now that I've blocked her. I feel every right to speak out against her lies if her hostility does not pass.

Regards,
Cheryl

EDIT: Editing at a later date b/c I was previously blocked from responding below, unfair censorship, but I did want to put it in the record that I would have gladly posted all the emails sent to me for all to see the lymemomtoo's behavior for what it really was, but THAT would have violated lymenet's rules as there was profanity and below-the-belt insults BY lymemomtoo directed at me. Further, I had not recognized Ruth Ann's paranoia over her name and that it was a secret. What am I a mindreader?

quote:
Originally posted by laserred:
Whoa..you guys..if this is what Lyme rage is all about I'd stay out from behind the wheel of a car till it passes....and make sure there are no guns in the house....

Sweet dreams everyone...
-laserred-

[This message has been edited by Cheryl (edited 23 July 2005).]

daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 12 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when I first starting posting on lymenet years ago... spelling, grammer, and intelligence were all at a minimum.

The way I can write and speak now amazes me every day...

So it is very hard for some to write ....I know..
I like to think that everyone is doing the best that they can do....

daniella

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Cheryl,
I suggest you post all of the personal email to and from me in sequence(by time sent) and let everyone see for themselves..But do not leave any of it out. I still fail to understand why you have done this. And I thought we did not have to use our real names on lymenet, however you took it upon yourself to use mine.

[This message has been edited by lymemomtooo (edited 12 March 2005).]

Kara Tyson
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kara Tyson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is so silly.

Yes, it is easier to read if people break up their posts..but geez. No one lines and no more than 6?

What if 5? What about 4? What if 2 if the natural paragraph breaks up?

Come on.

Posts: 6022 | From Mobile, AL | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biting Back
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biting Back     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa. Post gone awry.

I have visual problems myself and find it quite difficult to read long posts. In such cases I copy the post and paste it into a word document (or text edit document for us mac heads) and break it up/enlarge it myself.

Posts: 703 | From Almost Heaven | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement