LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lyme Radio Show This Weekend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme Radio Show This Weekend
jimw
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

The Canadian Lyme Disease Foundation will be on national radio this weekend and it can be heard all over the world.

It can be accessed live at www.cknw.com (in the upper right corner click on Listen Live)

Broadcast time is 11 AM Saturday, Mar 19th, 2005.

Please tune in and ask your doctors to tune in also.

Posts: 144 | From British Columbia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What time zone is this?
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimw
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry that is 11 AM PST Mar. 19th

It'll be broadcast world wide at www.cknw.com

After the show if all who listen, from whichever country, could email the radio station thanking them and telling them where you are from then they will be encouraged to do more shows.

Posts: 144 | From British Columbia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maxy
Member # 6650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are many radio stations who we may be able to access, as a global entity which is what the lyme community is.

This ain't only an American, Canadian or any other countries disease. It's the whole world.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. Put it on my calendar.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymiecanuck
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys,

Reminder the show is today 11:00 PST, for me I beleive it is 2 pm, so lots of time to catch it.

Lymiecanuck

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Sending this back to the top to remind people. Just one hour from now.

Hope you have better luck than I did tuning in. Thought I should try it early and am not succeeding for some reason. Normally, real player pops up with my on line radio stations, but not this time. Something else is there, and no sound! Curses, foiled again.

daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 5 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anybody get a link to listen to this?....
How was it?

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Excellent show.

You can still listen. Go to the website and click on their audio vault. Plug in the date and time of original broadcast - March 19 and 11 am. The lyme segment starts about 8 minutes into the hour.

[This message has been edited by lou (edited 19 March 2005).]

lymiecanuck
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My media player won't work, tried many times to get it, but wont work want husband to hear show. Says proxy server not found.

Lymiecanuck

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really good show....
Has there ever been air coverage like this in the us?....

They really hit on all the key issues..wow.

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posting I did on Gen Support:

I just heard the radio program Jim Wilson told us about.

He had Jim and Dr. M from BC on. The point of the program was that the Canadian Health Dept. was essentially doing a cover up so as not to disturb tourism etc.

They were contacted by people from England, and two women from the US - one from VA and one from CA. It was really good.

Here is where you can go to write to encourage the host,Peter Warren to do another program on Lyme. www.peterwarren.ca

You can also read the comments from other people who heard the show.

Good Job, Jim and Mr. Warren!
Ann - OH

[This message has been edited by Ann-OH (edited 19 March 2005).]

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just listened, great show.
Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC
Member # 6633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NM

[This message has been edited by DC (edited 20 March 2005).]

Posts: 96 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I listened to show, and saw this so here is what I just sent Peter:

Peter, I really enjoyed listening to the show from the vault today! I'm from Iowa, and someone from www.lymenet.org gave the link of how to hear it, etc. So I just finished listening to it as I read the message board today.

GREAT SHOW! Dr. was excellent as well Jim's presentation. Most informative for the amount of time you had.

For your next show, please address these issues more:

1. giving the web site below on 300 OTHER illnesses that lyme mimics; it's a long name so I don't know how that would work. It has info from Natl. Institute of Health, USA, of citations for various illnesses.

2. Since lyme attacks the major 4 body parts: kidneys, lungs, heart, and brain, I'd like to see more info on the brain portion.

I know Dr. mentioned something about a cat scan or MRI taking photos of the LESIONS in the brain. Please clarify that for next show so others can think about having this expensive test done.

I resultly had neuro psychiatric testing done as I want to know if I have neuro lyme of the brain or is it early-onset Alzheimer's/dementia?

I had memory, intelligence, and MMPI..Minnesota multi-phasic index of 567 true/false questions if "if, and, or" used in each question so you could determine either way.

My results showed 3 areas of concern plus these diagnosis: depression, HYPOCHONDRIAS, and SOMATIZATION disorder....meaning I have the real physical pain "but I'm not dealing with this effectively and thereby developing more physical health problems"!

You don't know what a slap in the face that is being called a hypochondriac and "it's all in your head" issue again by a psychologist who knows NOTHING about lyme disease even though I gave him specific info written on neuro lyme! He didn't use any of the comments at all.

3. mention more about having WESTERN BLOT IGM & IGG done testing ALL 16 protein bands for ALL strains of lyme. In USA, that means these 2 diagnostic labs only:

Igenex, www.igenex. com or

md labs, www.mdl.net

ANOTHER TOPIC: I have tried getting Social Security Disability Insurance, SSDI, benefits since Aug. 2000 without any success.

They really fight to aprove: lyme, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, depression, mental illnesses, etc.

I'll have my 2nd administrative law judge, ALD, hearing next month in Des Moines, Iowa unless this ALJ would approve me on the latest 150 pages of medical reports, labs, sleep apnea, and neuro psy testing recently sent to him.

Wish me luck..ok.! If I am not approved this time, I'm dropping it. I need to move on to a more relaxing atmosphere vs. stress of redundant red tape paperwork from SSDI.

Turning 56 this week, and I did work 30 years 7 months! Thanks for letting me sound off like this Peter.

Betty G

Here is my brief story too.

July 04, I was finally diagnosed with late-stage, chronic lyme after being misdiagnosed for 34 years! I'd seen 50 plus drs. to date to get this diagnosis.
I've been diagnosed with 30 illnesses/symptoms including:

late stage lyme disease, diabetes 2, sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, fibromyalgia pain, chronic fatigue, migraines, TMJ, osteoporosis, multiple chemical sensitivities (allergic to most smells including cigarette smoke & on their clothing, perfume, after shave, hairsprays, office & cleaning supplies, etc.); acid reflux, hiatal hernia, and extreme super sensitivities to light/glare/reflections and sounds/noise plus more!

In Iowa, I discovered does NOT have 1 full-time lyme literate MD, LLMD, in our state! We do have some infectious drs. who are not lyme literate and do NOT treat patients with lyme full-time.

Iowa does have a handful of LLMDs who will treat only ONE lyme patient per week for a maximum of 20 lyme patients. We take a lot of time to see because we have so many things wrong with us, and on so many different types of meds for our countless illnesses.

Lyme disease mimics 300 OTHER illnesses, and that's why it's so hard to get the correct diagnosis! I was raging mad until I found this fact out.

See this site for the list of 300 other illnesses and NIH, Natl. Institute of Health's citations about them including these:

Parkinson's, ALS, mental ilnesses, MS, FMS, CFS, IBS, etc. and was posted on www.lymenet.org. Hope you each find some good info there. Saw it's from Art Dougherty, Calif. in 2001.
http://www.geocities.com/lymeart3/misdiag-links.html#disease

other 300 medical condtions mimicking lyme disease w/citations and author's

name, Art Dougherty, Calif., 2001, is at bottom of site page!
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Oasis/6455/misdiag-links.html

We need to have the WESTERN BLOT IGM & IGG blood labs sent to ONLY 2 USA diagnostic labs: IGENEX and MD LABS.

======================================

They are the only 2 labs who test for ALL 16 protein bands for ALL strains on lyme disease!

Elisa is NOT effective; my 2 were both negative.

My western blot IGM & IGG were also sent to the prestigious Mayo Cllinic in Minn, which came back NEGATIVE. They tested 1 for 2 bands only, and 2nd for 5 bands only...both NEGATIVE! From Mayo's results, I lost my previous faith in Mayo Clinic's reputation.

Lyme disease eventually causes us to lose, quit, or be asked to resign from our jobs since we no longer can perform to our previous potentials.

Then we file for Social Security Disability Insurance benefits based upon our lifetime of employment.

SSDI fights our "invisible" illnesses like: lyme, fibromyalgia pain, chronic fatigue, and the mental illnesses. I've been in this frustrating, endless red tape of sending me the same forms over & over now for 4.6 years!

Maryland NEEDS to pass LD SB 596.

All states need to be approving long-term treatments for all of us late-stage lyme disease patients, insurance coverage, and NOT prosecuting the LLMDs who have chosen to try to get us back to "remission" since we can NOT BE CURED!

We can not thank these LLMDs enough for taking their medical oaths seriously, to treat ALL patients. Thank you all.

Betty G, Iowa

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement