LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Cavitat anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cavitat anyone?
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aliyalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anybody heard of Cavitat or had it done? My LLMD recommended that I do it since I have 7 root canals. Yes, unfortunately I said 7.

Any other way of dealing with these? Thanks.

Posts: 830 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mycoplasma1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mycoplasma1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out Dr. McClure at NIHA in Washington, DC. You can find him online.

The best cavitational surgeons say remove them if you are ill and forget about the cavitat.

I am doing this myself in the next month.

Chris

Posts: 216 | From Upstate NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aliyalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you heard of Dr Kulacz? He is outside of NYC.
Posts: 830 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to be evaluated for this.....WHEN, I don't know.

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slm214
Member # 5913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slm214     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by aliyalex:
[B]Has anybody heard of Cavitat or had it done? My LLMD recommended that I do it since I have 7 root canals. Yes, unfortunately I said 7.

Have you heard of a Dr. Hussar in Reno, NV? He is published and also is very familiar with Lyme; feels it has a lot to do with our oral infections.

Posts: 23 | From Phoenix, AZ US | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mycoplasma1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mycoplasma1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hussar and Kulacz are among the very best and only I recommen after alot of research.

I've never found anything published by Hussar. Where did you find it?

Kulacz recently closed shop after pressure from the powers that be. So unfortunately I have to either fly to Reno to see Hussar or possibly McClure in Wash, DC (though some reports I've heard say he's not the one). Dr. Keramati in LA, CA is also very good and recommended.

Chris

Posts: 216 | From Upstate NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi aliyalex,

I have had my jaw evaluated by the Cavitat. There is a certain measure
of skill in doing the scan and in the reading of the result. It is an ultra sound technology.

The Cavitat was developed to detect cavitations. They can also be spotted by a skilled dentist
on a panorex x-ray. Read about cavitations here:
http://www.altcorp.com/AffinityLaboratory/cavitation.htm

Within the article there is a link to Cavitat which will give more info on that.

The only safe approach to root canals is to eventually remove them. After the procedure to
remove a root canal, a special procedure is used to remove the dental ligament
and thoroughly clean out the extraction site to prevent a cavitation from forming there
in the future.

The approach to cavitations has been evolving over the last 15 or so years. It was once
believed that if there were cavitations at extraction sites...it automatically called for oral
surgery in that area to scrape the bone again and "get rid" of the cavitation. Unfortunately,
many of us have had this done by highly qualified dentists multiple times only to still have
cavitations still turn up either
on the panorex or Cavitat or both.

Because of this, more and more bio dentists are saying......if you have no pain, leave it
alone.

Happy researching........and good luck!!!

Healing thoughts......lightfoot

------------------
C O L O R A D O * S U P P O R T * S Y S T E M
[email protected]

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart
and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words".
Unknown

Posts: 7228 | From CO | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Has anyone heard of the Hal Huggins facility in Tijuana? Looks interesting on the web. Too bad Kulacz isn't practicing. Where did he go?
SunRa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3559

Icon 6 posted      Profile for SunRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO these are very important issues to address in the healing journey and but they need to be done by someone very knowledgeable. A very trained dr can gather what he needs to know from a high quality panoramic of the jaw.

Dr K is amazing...its definitely upsetting that he isnt practicing anymore b/c hes a brillant dr. but hes still "around" and I think he might still do consultations, just not the surgery - check out his website or call him to find out. I've heard very mixed things about the Tijuana clinic. Wish I could help further, but only had experience with dr K.

Posts: 1563 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Thank you I will call him right now.
mycoplasma1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6377

Lightfoot,

I have no pain, but according to Hussar and others, have cavitations.

I will have the 2 root canal teeth extracted even though there is no pain.

I am assuming you have done this and had bad experiences.

Would love to hear about them, as I know all surgery is risky and I don't want to have to repeat it over and over. Maybe I will see the Washington D.C. Dr. with the Cavitat first, although Kulacz did not recommend using the cavitat.

I am confused!

Chris

Chris

aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

I just got off the phone ffom a very long conversation with Dr, Kulacz. Mycoplasm and Lightfoot, I would like to continue the converstion about this very important issue. Dr K said he helped 80% of his patience. That is pretty good. The meds my neurologist that cost the insurance cos $1200 per month only have a 40% efficacy.

This seems to be one of the teschings of this body journey for me. Listening to authorities and getting conflicting stories and becoming confused and hopefully making a good decision. Nothing is black and white these days, is it?

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://hiddenmysteries.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16523

Review:

BEYOND AMALGAM
The Health Hazard Posed by Jawbone Cavitations

Cavitations are holes left in the jawbone by an incompletely extracted tooth - and they can cause just as many problems as infected root canals. Susan Stockton's much needed book supplements Dr. George Meinig's explanation of cavitations in Root Canal Cover-Up, showing how they can be a little-appreciated source of disease.

Dr. Christopher J. Hussar, a dentist and osteopath, has performed surgery for cavitation removal for many years. "I have been privileged," he writes, "to be able to remove small areas of chronically infected dead bone from people's jaws, resulting in the cure of such diverse conditions as headaches, blindness, migratory arthritis, auto immune disease, tinnitus,

fibromyalgia, ear pain, neck pain and many others. I have performed oral surgery on patients and have subsequently seen what appeared to be a cancerous mass essentially disappear from that patient's abdomen ... 80% of patient illness I find in my practice to originate in the mouth. Daily,I continue to be astounded at the worldwide impairment that oral disease has on human heath."

To prevent cavitations, there is a specific technique required when removing teeth, particularly those infected teeth that have been treated with root canal therapy. Left behind, the presence of infected matter is infrequently discovered, but it can cause and perpetuate virtually any disorder in the body. Dr. J. Bouquot, at the medical and dental schools of the University of West Virginia, claims that 73% of trigeminal neuralgia patients had total relief by eliminating cavitations.

Ms. Stockton writes from her own experience and intensive research, outlining the various problems caused by cavitations, how to detect them and the protocol for treating them.This is a must-read book - for both the layman and health professional.

Health and Healing Wisdom Newsletter, vol.22, No. 2

Excerpt:
Page 24:
Following extraction, bacteria and their toxins become trapped in the periodontal ligament. These bacteria mutate due to the anaerobic (lack of oxygen) conditions and begin the job of decomposing dead tissue. In time, therefore, the periodontal ligament will be broken down, but areas of necrosis will still remain in the bone and can spread to other portions of the jawbone if proper treatment is not received.

This lack of proper healing is not at all apparent from a visual inspection of the mouth. The top of the socket will ultimately heal over with bone and new gum tissue. However, it is only a superficial healing, for holes (cavitations) frequently remain a couple of millimeters below the bony cap of the socket as a result of avascular condtions.

Deadly Toxins

Biopsies of tissue removed from jawbone cavitations have revealed the presence of as many as 20-30 species of bacteria..

End Excerpt.

Here is the address fro Susan Stockton's site, she has several articles of interest to the discussion: http://www.healthcarealternatives.net/index.html

------------------
[email protected]

Unknown

[This message has been edited by lightfoot (edited 18 March 2005).]

Posts: 7228 | From CO | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Thank you. So this seems to support the procedure of removal. Does she address the recurring problem of re-infection? Or Dr. H?
lightfoot
Member # 2536

Hi again!

I talked to her a few years ago (around 99, 00 or 01) and she'd had cavitation surgery performed by the best of them at least three times!!! She has been a real pioneer for all of us in this.

I know that Dr H was one of her docs.....maybe she finally has had resolution. I just sent her an e-mail and asked her that very question. I was hoping there would be something more current on her website. I would strongly recommend her book..."Beyond Amalgams".

That's when I decided to hang out until more was learned.......I had meticulous extraction of all my teeth save 12 in front total (top & bottom). Latter that year (92) we went back and did surgery again on all four quadrants due to lingering discomfort...pain might be too strong a word.

I have never had partials at all due to the lingering doubts etc due to the cavitation problem. This year I felt I was finally well enough (lyme wise and in continued treatment) to face this dilemma of partials. That meant revisiting the cavitation issue.

Although many bio dental professionals are still advocating oral surgery in every case of cavitations......others are beginning to scratch their heads!!! They are now beginning to think that they don't even know the true cause nor do they really know what to do about them if anything.

To quote aliyalex:
"Dr K said he helped 80% of his patience. That is pretty good. The meds my neurologist that cost the insurance cos $1200 per month only have a 40% efficacy."

I have heard lots of claims of "cures & improvements" by doing amalgam removal and a few for cavitation surgery. I have also seen & heard of many patients who did NOT improve!!!! Where's the science? Anecdotal stuff is only good to a point!!

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT discounting the seriousness of these issues: root canals, mercury and cavitiations!! Never!! I believe these are major health issues.

I am one who did NOT improve after amalgam removal, removing root canals and cavitation surgery. Would I do it again?? Yes, I would remove the amalgams but slowly. Yes, I would still remove all root canaled teeth. Cavitations.....well, I'm glad I held off from doing a third surgery. I have already spent untold thousands of dollars and now to get the partials and needed crowns done, I'm looking at the price of another new car!!!!

I wonder what other pieces will come together for the total puzzle in the future?! Some of the known players are hypercoagulation, lyme and others. Who knows?

I was not dx with lyme until 9-99 after many many years of looking for solutions to my health dilemmas in all the wrong places, some of which I was sure would be the answer. One of those I was sure would be the answer was traveling 1200 miles one way to the Huggins Clinic for the total "deal" and amalgam removal (a two week or so commitment).

Yikes, sorry this got so long. I'll be glad to tell more of my story if you think it may be useful.

Healing thoughts.....lightfoot

------------------
[email protected]

Unknown

aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

That was a cliffhanger. What happened at the Huggins clinic? Dr K had recommended the same procedure. Removing all but 12 teeth. So it sounds like you are glad you did it. Please let me know when you get a return email. If you want to continue this directly I am at [email protected]. Thanks.
marblenose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6477

Icon 5 posted      Profile for marblenose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
Dr. K. removed 2 root canals 2 other teeth and opened up all the empty wisdom teeth pockets and found infection he could not even identify.
I had been migraning 3-4 times a week and now I barely migrae and if I do it seems to be hormonally related.
My only problem with him was that I warned him my tolerance for pain was horribly low and he decided to not listen to me until I was in such a horrible pain cycle it took forever to get over.
He was willing to own it when we talked about it.
I'm glad I had it done.
I wonder if the other infections he found were lyme cooties??
Blessings,
Marblenose

Posts: 287 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mycoplasma1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6377

Marblenose,

Are you better?

How is your Lyme now?

I have chronic Lyme (found out in September) and am only doing IV C with Glutathione until after I remove my two root canaled teeth and clean out wisdom teeth sockets. I will then proceed to a yet undecided antibiotic regimen.

Curious if you still feel the Lyme.

Thanks!

Chris

marblenose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6477

Icon 11 posted      Profile for marblenose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am on IV Roc and have been since Dec 7. I have different symptoms now that I am dealing with. Apparently I have had lyme for 10 years undiagnosed. So I guess I am am right on schedule.
Blessings,
Marblenose

Posts: 287 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mycoplasma1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6377

Marblenose,

I had 10 amalgams out 3 weeks ago in three sessions and am still feeling it, but will survive. There are moments of extreme brain fog.

My Lyme tests were all negative except for an indeterminate test from stonybrook and an equivocal IGG and negative IGM from Igenex with some positive bands.

I also have HHV-6, CMV, and Candida positive IGA, IGG.

I don't know if it's the viruses or Lyme thats getting me down.

I have some symptoms dating back 10 yrs (heart arrythmmias and chest pain episodes, panic attacks).

But when I think about it I had anxiety in my early teens, so who knows!

I have some strange episodes of SOB (more like suffocation feeling) and night sweats and break out small lesions in between my breasts. Could be Babs?

My PCR's from MDL were all neg for co-infections as were other labs.

Did you treat co-infections first?

I will fly to LA, CA in three weeks to have surgery on my root canaled teeth and clean the wisdom teeth sites. I hope I am ready for the trip and the surgery. Hussar recommended the surgeon and I have friends in LA, that's why I'm going there.

Did the surgery put you down for a long time?

My Dr. is having me show up a week early so he can really check me out first. I probably will stay for three weeks.

I think I will do the new Immunoscience test (immunoserology of Lyme or Panel A) that they talked about at the recent Lyme conference. Can't do that one in NY state.

My LLMD in Rhinebeck, NY wants me to do IV Rocephin, but I am going to wait until after the surgery to think about that. I heard people do well with IM Bicillin, but don't know whether that can pull it out of the Neuro system.

I heard there is such a relapse problem with Rocephin and complications with the gallbladder.

Thanks for your input.

Chris

aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Chris, why didn't you have Hussar do the surgery?
lisag
Member # 6798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lisag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris:

Who is tghe surgeon in LA...Kermati?

Posts: 92 | From berkeley, ca, usa | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marblenose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6477

Icon 11 posted      Profile for marblenose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme didn't even enter the picture medically even tho' I had been tested 4 x's until my wonderful doc told me that she knew I had infection we couldn't touch and to get over to mount kisco to dr.c.
I had the teeth done 2 years before that.
Holy Moly we go thru so much before we now the little buggers are lurking inside us.
I send you all the healing of your choice.
Blessings,
Marblenose

aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Dr C. Mount Cisco? Must be a different LLMD than my new Dr C in Mo.
mycoplasma1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6377

Yes LisaG it's Keramati in LA.

Kulacz and Hussar said he was good, but now I'm a little worried because I did a search on him and one of the biological dentist sites said FRAUD ALERT below his name.

Do you know of him?

Chris

pab
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. C in MO gave us a list of dentists with a Cavitat machine.

I have the list in a pdf file. Email me if you want a copy.

------------------

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Icon 5 posted      Profile for aliyalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the list, thanks. I have just heard such controversial things about the ambiguity of the Cavitat process, I am not sure if I wasnt to go ahead and do it. I heard it might be expensive, too. Not sure about that. Does anyone know?
lisag
Member # 6798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lisag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Chris:

I've heard of him...think it wasn't such good stuff. My suggestion: go over to delphi forums, there's an osteomyelitis of the jaw group. They have lots of info on this topic and lots of opinions of Docs who do debridement surgery.

I just had surgery done in Jan by an OS in Milipitas, Ca. The jury is still out on my results.

I think there is a Dr. Pana in LA that was recommended by Jerry Bouquet...the expert on this jaw disease. There's also a good surgeon in San Diego...Dr. Berger.

Good Luck.

Lisa

Posts: 92 | From berkeley, ca, usa | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowboarder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowboarder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

Yes it can be expensive. No I'm not a fan of root canals either but I was referred to someone in my area by Chris Hussar and he wanted to charge me $20,000.

Sorry folks I don't have that kind of money right now and this dentist said that some patients got better others didn't.

He also said anytime you have dental work and they give you long acting anesthesia it can cause problems with cavitats and apparently that's what I have going on with me according to him.

I've never had wisdom teeth but he states they need to be surgically cleaned out and many other teeth that have fillings he wants to extract.

Again, My opinion is it's not a for sure thing and for me $20,000. is a lot of money for a big maybe.

I do have amalgam fillings that need to be replaced and I'll definitely start there.

Posts: 738 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Dr K said that he had an 80% success rate. I wonder what that means more specifically. Tho it sounds inviting.

I appreciate hearing people's experiences and opinions.

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Yes.....Cavitat is expensive and it can be read many ways...ambiguity.....

I would not spend my money on another one.

------------------
[email protected]

Unknown

mycoplasma1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6377

Thanks Lisa!

I will look into that.

I heard Pana is good and goes to all the conferences.

I spoke with the Dr. in Washington, DC today and they beleive it is better to detox from the Mercury first and then have surgery. Too much toxins at once.

I just had 10 amalgams taken out 3 weeks ago.

They will check me out next week and do ART testing to see what my next move is.

Chris

GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is against all rules to mention full names of doctors, without their permission, on this board.

We have less than a handful of superb people who perform this work. Don't be surprised if you won't have a single one to go to tomorrow. If I were the doctor and read your comments here, you would not be treated in my practice. You can bet on that.

There is no doubt that an infected mouth and jawbone needs to be treated if you ever want to get rid of all the infections, not only Lyme, but all others that have taken up residence there. Mercaptans and thioethers are the worst brain toxins ever and as long as these toxins are produced by root canals and in your body readily moving up into the brain, getting well remains a pipe dream.

I am very well, but would not be alive without having done extensive work in my mouth. I am very happy also that my husband was able to leave his wheelchair following (after seven month) the dental work. We are both very well.

The treatment needs to be followed by extensive detoxing of the thioethers and mercaptans supervised by a physician who understands the stuff. Many of our doctor's patients use the KMT 22 on a regular basis for an hour here and there or while sleeping (or in the tub) to eradicate every last bit of infection, regenerate tissue and use the microbial inhibitory frequencies to not let any daring bacteria/virus/parasite, etc. get the upper hand ever again. It is too involved here to go into the device. If you want to know more, e-mail me for person to call.
I consider it my weekly facial and love it. started to live again once I had my teeth removed.

In my case, it was all teeth and all the mushy bone around it. How else can you remove life-destroying root canals tied to bridges and other dental work.
I am so happy with a wonderful set of dentures. They look great and need no fillings and chew everthing from apples to almonds - better than I ever could before.

That does not mean that one needs to go that far. But for me it was the best choice
Twelve root canals was just one too many.

If you are in doubt about the health of your root canals, have the TOPAS test done. Have it done properly. The tooth has to be agitated, tapped, irritated a few minutes before the test. If the test is not performed properly, you will not get a true answer.

As long as heavy metals are disrupting your hormone producting glands, not much will work well in your body. Age and lifestyle has a lot to do with it.

So kinldy, mentioning a doctor's name is a taboo - unless you have his/her permission

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mycoplasma1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6377

You are right Gigi, I am sorry about that.

Won't happen again.

All of us are ust trying to get well.

Chris

Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wallace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been reading the archive and come across this interesting thread.

Certainly gives me food for thought as I am about to have my cavitat scan.

Certainly surgery must not be the end of your healing journey.

Sunny thoughts,
Wallace

Posts: 654 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.radiologyinfo.org/content/ultrasound-pelvis.htm

If you read through this article and other articles related to ultrasound you will see that ultrasound is not a good tool for detecting bone abnormalities. It is used for soft tissues. An x-ray or MRI is better.

Having said that, I had a cavitat done and an excellent panaramic x-ray of my jaw. The cavitat showed supposed holes in the jaw. The x-ray did not. After going to the biological dentist for this I had an oral surgeon who practiced in Lyme Connecticut and knows about Lyme look at them both. He said my jaw was fine and as I have no teeth problems and only 3 alagrams that surgery was a ridiculous option(although it was proposed by the biological dentist).

I know Gigi may disagree, but I would exercise caution in this area. Once you start scraping the bone and hoping it will fill back in you are inviting infection. We already have poor immune systems that are trying to fight Lyme. I decided against the surgery.

Certainly one must find an ethical biological dentist and I don't believe the one I went to was, although he came recommended by Dr. C of MO.

I am very glad that Gigi and her husband got their problems resolved in this way, but I don't think it is the way for everyone. (Plus very expensive and the surgeon would only use local anesthetic for a several hour procedure--I didn't think I could stand that and keep my mouth open that long). Hiker

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8934 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Hiker, you are misinformed re our surgical procedures. So please do not discuss this especially if you do not know the facts. It is only misleading others.

Thanks.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtnwoman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtnwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a twist on this conversation re cavitations ya'll might want to check out the use of infrared lights, www.lumenphoton.com.

See patient testimonials and on the home page see the link to Suzin Syockton's article "Nogiers (light) frequencies for cavitations and other ailments".

Posts: 211 | From NC | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi,

Respectfully, I am not misinformed about the surgical procedures. I had the surgery scheduled and met with the oral surgeon. As a biological dentist type of oral surgeon he doesn't believe in knocking patients out for the surgery. It was to be a local anesthetic. Then he would slit the gum down to the jaw bone and scrape the jaw until he got past infected tissue (if there was any) and then sew the gum back up. I backed out and sought a second opinion. Perhaps your surgeon did it differently than the this one would have.

I do not mean to be disrespectful to you in any way. You help so many on this board and many people who get well go on their merry way, but you persist in helping others. I thank you for your input.

Hiker

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8934 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Hiker, read my post again --- "you are misinformed about our surgical procedures". Our. In other words, ours were not done as you described it. I probably would not have wanted to go through it that way either.

Hope you find a solution.

Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wallace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody tried this for cavitations? Thanks another thing to consider!

Sunny thoughts,
Wallace
NOGIER'S (LIGHT) FREQUENCIES FOR CAVITATIONS AND OTHER AILMENTS

Suzin Stockton

The sun nourishes us in the same way that a well-balanced, nutrient-rich diet provides nourishment. Such a diet provides us with all necessary nutrients in balanced proportions. The nourishment we receive from the sun is not limited to the vitamin D we produce from it. On a more fundamental level, the sun nourishes us with its rays because it provides all needed wavelengths or frequencies of light in balanced proportions. Some of those wavelengths are seen as colors - the rainbow colors - while others, like ultraviolet and infrared, are unseen. Just as we need the full spectrum of nutrients from food to maintain health, so too do we need the FULL SPECTRUM of light frequencies. When we are deficient in individual nutrients, balance is upset, and we become ill. Likewise, when we are deficient in specific wavelengths or frequencies of light, we become ill. In both instances, the basic cause of our distress is imbalance. Thus the solution lies in part in restoring that balance, through diet and through adequate exposure (not over-exposure) to full-spectrum (sun) light.

Today most of us spend the bulk of our time indoors, exposed to artificial lights, which radiate imbalanced wavelength patterns, making us deficient in some frequencies. Light or photon therapy can help restore the missing or deficient frequencies and thus restore balance - and health. In the words of Charles T. McGee, MD:

Quantum physicists have objectively and scientifically measured how biophotons (tiny beams of light) interconnect the body's molecular and sub-molecular systems with meridians [energy channels] and acupuncture points. The importance and efficacy of acupuncture points, zones and segments as extraordinary therapeutic areas have been validated both on a scientific and clinical or empirical level. Since meridians are circuits where bioelectric, vibrating, pulsating energy flows to sustain and give life to every organ, gland and system of the body, using light energy to treat the body is like turning the key in the ignition of a car. Turning the ignition activates a whole series of events (fuel is injected, gears can be shifted, electric power is distributed to lights, radio, and the air conditioning, etc.). Likewise, stimulating the body's higher dimensional anatomy results in activating a multitude of biological functions.

Dr. McGee's 2000 book, Healing Energies of Heat and Light, introduced me to the work of the late French neurologist, Paul Nogier, who is best know for his innovative work in the development of auriculotherapy (ear acupuncture). After reading about Dr. Nogier's findings and innovations, it occurred to me that they could have profound implications for cavitation patients, helping to increase blood flow, reduce inflammation and assist in bone healing. That thought was prophetic with regard to later applications of Nogier's work. Before going into this, however, let me explain the basics of Nogier's work as described in Dr. McGee's book:

Dr. Nogier developed a unique pulse test, unlike that used in Traditional Chinese Medicine. This test enabled him to determine that all tissues and organs throughout the body (which develop from three basic embryologic tissues - ectoderm, endoderm and mesoderm) are in resonance (sympathetic vibration) with specific frequencies. Dr. Nogier identified these frequencies as harmonics of the musical note D. This is to say that all the tissues of the body resonate to harmonics of D. Nogier found that these and other harmonics of D have healing effects. Based on these findings, he designed electronic instruments that delivered seven pulsed energies into the body for the purpose of healing injured or diseased organs and tissues. These pulsed energies induced healing by exposing damaged tissues to their normal resonance frequency. The importance of Dr. Nogier's finding that specific body tissues are in resonance with specific frequencies according to their embryologic origin cannot be overemphasized. According to Dr. McGee, it may (and certainly should) one day be recognized as one of the greatest discoveries of medicine.

According to Dr. Nogier, sickness results when cells, molecules or particles of matter are out of their normal resonance or vibratory pattern. By repeatedly exposing damaged tissue to the normal resonance frequencies associated with that tissue, healing often occurs, sometimes quite rapidly.

In McGee's book, I was introduced to a hand-held light therapy device that consisted of light emitting diodes (LED's) pulsed at Nogier's frequencies. According to Dr. McGee, such a device ``...appears to have far stronger healing effects than non-pulsed lasers set on low power outputs or non-pulsed LEDs regardless of their wavelengths (color).''1 I purchased Dr. McGee's ``chi light'' and started using it just before my final (and successful) cavitation surgery. I also used it to help heal the area post-surgically.

A few years later, as a consequence of the work I've done in cavitations, I was contacted by a man named Ron Patterson of Lumen Photon Therapy, Inc., a company in North Carolina that makes such devices. Ron had called to tell me of the success he'd had using his Lumen Photon device with cavitation patients, success that was verified through the use of Cavitat (bone sonography) scans, which were done by Carolina Cavitation Diagnositics (see http://www.lumenphoton.com/cavitat.htm). As he described the Lumen Photon device, I recognized it as similar to the chi light. Ron confirmed that the two devices indeed incorporated Nogier's frequencies. The Lumen Photon device, however, also emits a mild heat from an infrared source and has a much greater photon output. The frequencies and their applications are described below:

1. (Frequency F, 73 Hz) For use when cellular activity is hypoactive, such as chronic recurring problems, nonunion fractures and chronic splints and for stimulation of osteoid. It is also helpful in activating humoral and endocrine functions. Field work has shown setting 1 helpful in stimulating (tonifying) acupuncture and trigger points and increasing circulation in areas being treated, such as wounds when past the acute stage.

2. (Frequency G, 147 Hz) For areas of yellow scar tissue that are generally formed internally on tendons, ligaments and sub-acute (lingering but not chronic) conditions. Field use has shown setting 2 to be helpful in reducing inflammation associated with injuries and infections. This is often called the ``universal frequency'' because most problems involve inflammation.

3. (Frequency A, 294 Hz.) For tissue of ectodermal origin, such as body openings, skin and nerve. Field applications include wounds, eye injuries and after surgery. Setting 3 tends to tone tissue while minimizing the chance of hemorrhaging fresh wounds or recent surgical sites. It is also good for the treatment of acupuncture and trigger points, corneal ulcers and ulcerated mucous membranes. This is called the ``universal frequency'' in acupuncture.

4. (Frequency B, 587 Hz.) For circulatory and lymphatic stimulation and treatment of tissue of endodermal origin, such as GI tract, liver and pancreas. In field applications, setting 4 has been used in conjunction with 5 and 2 for tendon, ligament, joint and other injuries where reaching secondary levels of tissue is needed.

5. (Frequency C, 1174 Hz.) For tissue of mesodermal origin, such as bone, joints, ligament, viscera and tendon. Field experience has shown setting 5 to be especially good for tendon and ligament injuries when used with 4 and 2. It also helps in relaxing large muscle groups.

6. (Frequency D, 2349 Hz.) For chronic conditions not responsive to setting 3 or 5. Field experience shows setting 6 to be a good supplement to 3 when healing processes appear to reach a plateau.

7. (Frequency E, 4698 Hz.) For pain control, primarily when C nerve fibers are transmitting to dorsal root ganglia and when involvement of neurotransmitters is of physiological importance. Field experience shows 7 to help suppress pain and to sedate acupuncture and trigger points and aid in diminishing excess calcification associated with chips, spurs and arthritic conditions.

The relevant settings for cavitation patients are:

#2 for anti-inflammatory effects
#3 for nerve involvement
#4 to improve circulation
#5 to encourage new bone growth
#7 for pain (if applicable)

Ron points to Cavitat studies showing healing of cavitation sites as a result of using the Lumen Photon (a minimum of three minutes per setting, twice daily). He does state, however, that while treating infected root canal-filled tooth sites in this manner results in an improvement as shown on Cavitat scan, this improvement is not lasting. The light therapy thus will not obviate the need for surgical intervention in such cases. It can, however, be used to speed post-surgical healing.

By the time I connected with Ron Patterson, I'd already solved my cavitation problem through extensive surgery. Would the Lumen Photon have obviated the need for such surgery? Perhaps. Or, maybe it would have simply reduced the severity of the cavitation problem. Or, maybe my case was too severe. I'll never know. But I can tell you what I believe. I believe that, in some cases, cavitation surgery can potentially be avoided through consistent and appropriate use of such light therapy. Certainly there is no harm to be done in trying such a non-invasive approach before embarking upon more aggressive treatment. The Lumen Photon devices are much more affordable than major surgery, and if their use fails to solve the cavitation problem, it can be later employed to assist in post-surgical healing. SO, the bottom line in my take on this unique therapy is that it has great potential application with regard to cavitations - and certainly other health problems, as well. While it is too late for me personally to put the device to the test with regard to cavitations, I have used it successfully for other purposes (such as wound healing), and consider it to be an important healing tool with a wide variety of applications. See the Clinical Studies pages of the Lumen Photon site (http://www.lumenphoton.com/studies_1.htm) for a list of other conditions that have been successfully treated with light therapy and for more detailed information on the subject.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Dr. Charles McGee, MD, Healing Energies of Heat and Light, MediPress, 2000, p. 117.

Home

[email protected]
POWER OF ONE PUBLISHING, c/o Renew Life, 2076 Sunnydale Blvd., Clearwater, FL 33765, USA
727-539-1700

Information on this site is for educational purposes only and is not to be construed

Posts: 654 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

I agree its good to discuss these things.

To Hiker et al I would say that in Robert Kulacs book Roots of disease he points out that occasionally he would do an incision and despite the X ray showing no cavity he would find one.

If its healthy bone there is nothing to scrape or remove! You can only remove stuff that is rotten!

A caring dentist wont want to do surgery unless it is neccessary.

At the end of the day I think its about finding a good dentist you can work with who you have confidence in. Or are they extinct!
Sunny thoughts,
Wallace

GiGi
Member # 259

Wallace, we did the light, the sound, the ozone therapies; the neural therapy; the trigger injections; we did Stabi-dent. The KMT. Dr. K. uses all, because he is fully aware of the damage caused by cavitations, etc.

We did them all before and after surgeries. If the infection is in the jawbone, and neurotoxins have obviously moved from there into other areas, it is really necessary to use e v e r y avenue to eliminate them from the body. The surgical intervention removes big portions of the problem. But does not end there.

For us, the surgery was neither painful nor debilitating. Symptoms did not disappear instantly, but took several months. It depends on the severity of the infections. Dr. H. also uses a growth factor and several other tricks that I am not able to describe here. But we never even had to take a painpill afterward, and swelling faded quickly and healed quickly.

We used drops of Rechts-Regulat on the area
afterward!

Take care.

Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

I have lots of good quality clay I will propose to my dentist about using some of it for post surgical care.

I agree what you do post-surgically is key.

Sunny thoughts,
Wallace

Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

I have had my Cavitat scan done and X rays but am getting a second opinion about what action I should do.

Apart from having cavitational surgery I have been told to have one tooth removed and my one bridge replaced with a non-metal bridge.

Are non-metal briges so much better?

What causes cavitations? In my view it is primarily root canals(which I have never had) or devitalised teeth. I dont see much point in tackling the cavitations if I still have a mouth mostly full of devitalised teeth, causing me more problems in the future.

My first dentist held to the view that even if its 10% alive its still alive and should be retained. I would argue but its 90% dead!

I have written a letter to my second dentist arguing this point!

Weston Price, Dr Issels, Dr Klinghardt etc all see devitalised teeth as major problems.

Maybe I will be following Gigi down the dentures road! Hopefull I wont need to go to Germany to find some dentures!!

Sunny thoughts,
Wallace

efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for efsd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A full CAVITAT scan in British Columbia (Vancouver and Victoria area) is running $500 US or about $600 Canadian, depending upon the clinc.
Posts: 546 | From Cascadia subduction zone | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Yep Cave,
this thread is for "oldies" only!

W

Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

The author here mentions how new bridges can create new trauma.
W

Preparing for Tooth Loss from Cavitation Surgery
� 2004 Suzin Stockton
Since publishing Beyond Amalgam in 1998, I've received a steady stream of inquiries from readers, most of whom are dental patients trying to make decision about treatment of suspected jawbone cavitations. In those early years, I had more questions than answers myself despite being the person who ``wrote the book about cavitations.''

A turning point in my understanding of jawbone necrosis (dead bone), both personally and professionally (as a writer/teacher in the holistic health field), came last year (2001) when I spent the better part of the year working for CAVITAT Medical Technologies in Colorado. Here I got to see the Generation 4 CAVITAT in action on numerous occasions and was able to come to an understanding of how this new technology works. I also had the opportunity to listen to and speak with some of the great pioneers in the cavitation arena. I got to watch as dentists across the country were introduced to bone sonography, a technology that is very different than the x-rays they're accustomed to routinely using. While most caught on readily to the technique of scanning the jaw and understood how to interpret the scans, all were faced with the dilemma of coming to terms with what they saw in them -- invariably a good deal more necrosis than they suspected. While the dominant response could probably be termed `cautious acceptance' of the technology, there were a minority who went into denial, refusing to believe what they saw. On the other side of the spectrum was another minority - those who dared to believe what they were looking at and act upon it. These were people like Wes Shankland, Columbus OH dentist who did surgery on my maxilla (upper jaw) in March of 2001 and surgery on my mandible (lower jaw) 4 months later. What I experienced in his office during my first appointment that March would make an indelible impression on both of us and lay the groundwork for a deeper understanding of the disease process with which we'd so long dealt - he as a dentist, and I as a patient. It would also mark my initiation into the world of dentures.

When I first saw Dr. Shankland, I knew (from recent panorex evaluation by another dentist) I had a root tip from an old wisdom tooth extraction at site #1 that had migrated into my sinus cavity. I also knew I would need to lose the adjacent tooth and probably a few others due to spreading necrosis, based upon our previous discussion of my panorex. However, neither Dr. Shankland nor I were prepared for what we saw on the CAVITAT scan of my maxilla - every tooth site on the left side of the upper jaw was showing an abundance of red (necrosis) on the CAVITAT scan, as were most on the right side. Since Dr. Shankland had just purchased his CAVITAT, and I was the first patient with whom he used it, he was shocked to find necrosis that was much more widespread than he'd determined based on panorex analysis. To his credit, he dared to act upon what he saw. Over the next two days, he removed 13 of my maxillary teeth, along with the root tip from site #1. Any doubt that he may have had initially about the accuracy of the CAVITAT scan was dispelled soon after he cut into the jawbone. Biopsy reports and analysis of the pulp chambers of the extracted teeth also later confirmed the accuracy of the scans and the necessity for removal of the teeth. The bone healing from that surgery was rapid and complete. Four months later, the scan of my maxilla was showing green (healthy bone) at all sites. This taught me that a thorough removal of necrosis (sometimes necessitating extraction of seemingly `good' teeth) is the key to successful surgery and good bone healing. It gave Dr. Shankland the confidence to repeatedly act upon what he saw in CAVITAT scans. Now, over a year later, he says he'll never again practice without a CAVITAT, and credits bone sonography with greatly improving his surgical outcomes.

Before flying from Denver to Columbus in March of 2001, I had the foresight to consult with a local dentist and have an impression made of both upper and lower jaws since I knew I'd be losing some teeth but wasn't sure exactly which ones or how many. After the surgery, Dr. Shankland phoned the Colorado dentist to tell him which teeth had been extracted so that the work on my denture could be initiated immediately. I knew since I'd only be in Columbus for three days, there was no way Dr. Shankland could do anything about fitting me with a dental appliance. Since that time, I've spoken to numerous patients who are flying out of town or out of state for surgery and have fielded their questions regarding what to do about filling the space left when teeth are removed.

The patient who travels to consult a dentist about possible cavitations should be prepared to lose teeth. The possibility, of course, exists that extractions will not be necessary; however, if the patient has a history of root canals, large restorations, chronically sensitive teeth, implants, periodontal disease and/or surgery or other jaw trauma, it is likely that necrosis can be found under treated and adjacent teeth -- and possibly elsewhere. A point that I want to make very strongly is that we need to be prepared for extractions in the event that they are found to be necessary. If it is just one or two posterior (back) teeth that are lost, there will be no hurry to have a partial denture made, and the patient can wait several months to have impressions made of the jaw so that an appliance can be fabricated. I should say here that I believe a partial denture to be the safest choice where restorations are concerned. Crowns, bridges, implants -- these all subject the jaw to further trauma which can give rise to development of cavitations or spreading of existing ones. A partial denture, on the other hand, provided that it is made of biocompatible material, does not cause any trauma to the jaw. Such a prosthesis, since it is removable and generally taken out at night, has limited extremely limited potential to cause harm.

If more than a few teeth need to be extracted, or if critical anterior (front) teeth are removed, it is advisable to have an appliance made as soon as possible after surgery. (It can even be made beforehand, if it is known which teeth are to be removed.) I found that placing a denture (with a soft lining) in my maxilla early on served as a sort of bandage for the fresh wound. As the jaw heals and the gums shrink, the soft lining of the appliance is replaced to accommodate the shift until maximal healing has occurred, at which time a `hard' reline can be done.

It is important for the cavitation patient to select his partial/denture material beforehand. This selection should be based upon biocompatibility testing. Serum antibody (blood) tests are available which will rule out incompatible materials. Those materials testing as compatible should be further screened through bioenergetic testing or applied kinesiology (muscle testing) to assure compatibility. See my separate article on Serum antibody testing for more information on this subject.

There are two further considerations with regard to complete and partial dentures - these have to do with aesthetics and fit. I had worn a bottom partial for several years before being fitted for an upper denture and found it quite difficult to get a good fit. Apparently some people (those with wide dental arches) are easier to fit than others (with narrow arches). I have also found that the prosthetics skills of some dentists leave something to be desired. Again and again I would experience the same scenario: A partial denture would be fabricated by an out of town lab. It would be too tight, so the dentist would adjust it. It would then be too loose and have to be sent back to the lab to be relined. Each time I'd lose a tooth, the attempt to add a tooth to the existing denture failed, necessitating an entirely new plate.

I have largely solved the problems of aesthetics and fit by finding a prosthodontist who is willing to work with biocompatible materials. Prosthodontists are dentists who specialize in making partial (where some, but not all, teeth are missing), and complete dentures (for a totally edentulous arch) and other dental appliances, both fixed and removable. They can be expected to have a higher skill level in this regard than the average dentist. However, it is rare to find a prosthodontist with both an understanding of the concept of biocompatibility and experience with fabrication of biocompatible non-metallic materials. Finding such a dentist can be difficult and may require that the patient once again travel for the best results - OR educate a local prosthodontist about biocompatible materials.

Aesthetics is a subject that took on importance for me when I got my first complete denture, the denture I now refer to as my ``horse teeth.'' Here a picture is worth a thousand words. Note the difference in my appearance with this denture (far left) and a new smaller, more contoured one. The first denture showed way too much pink when I smiled, with the teeth set down too low. It also took up a lot of space in my mouth so that I found it difficult to talk and eat.

My experience with cavitations and tooth loss has taught me that we need a revolution in dentistry to undo the iatrogenic (physician-induced or dentist-induced) harm that has been done. The new `army' in that revolution will be the front line guys, the cavitation surgeons, flanked by dentists with a general practice and other practitioners who screen for cavitations, and holistic prosthodontists who can skillfully fabricate functional, aesthetic partials and dentures using biocompatible materials. I envision a day when every cavitation surgeon shares office space with a prosthodontist who has his own lab on the premises so that safe, good-fitting, attractive dental appliances can be fabricated without delay for the cavitation patient.

Home

[email protected]
POWER OF ONE PUBLISHING, c/o Renew Life, 2076 Sunnydale Blvd., Clearwater, FL 33765

GiGi
Member # 259

Wallace, Dr. K. often says - "get five dentists together in one room and you will get five different opinions" ...

What remains for most is still the question -- why can't I get well? after all I have tried. The years I have spent trying to subdue the microorganism? Why can my body not respond to all the good treatments I have been given. Why can't I get well? Normal, the way I used to be.

Don't look at me. I am a poor example when it comes to teeth. Few people have eleven root canals, several serving as the pillars for bridges. If one goes, all go.

On the other hand, even a couple of root canals can become a problem. I have met the person whose one root canal kept her in a wheelchair. The day it was removed, cleaned up, she started to walk again. The same for the woman who had one root canal removed. She no longer has cancer.

Infected wisdom teeth and heart problems are closely related. Overload of mercury with heart problems and Lyme is well established.

So how do you decide what to do?

I lost a good friend, "healthy"; he was the one who always "carried" his wife to the doctor for her regular appointments for Lyme Disease. He ignored an infected wisdom tooth site which her oral surgeon warned him about. It had never bothered him. Wife got rid of her infected teeth and cavitations and is doing great. He died a few weeks after he was told about the wisdom tooth site, chosing to ignore it - why fix it if it isn't broken?

The decision is yours. Everybody's.

Cave, kindly stay out of this. Most people can think for themselves. Most who have found their way to this board are a lot smarter than you give them credit for. There is a special link where you can post your warnings to Newbies. It seems that no matter what I talk about, you voice your negative opinion about it. I am tired of it - it is insulting to me. I have made it through this disease and I am totally well today. So give me, the doctor who treated and taught me, and what I have learned in that process some credit.

I am merely reciting what goes on in a doctor's office where many chronically ill move in and out; what can happen if the dental situation, certain toxicities are ignored, overlooked, avoided.

I had the misfortune to have had lousy dentistry by "first-class dentists" during the early part of my life.

I had the fortune to find a doctor who took one look at me, the cripple I had become in body and spirit, and recognized that my choices were limited. He said -- "it's your teeth!!" And looking back, I don't mind it a bit.

I am just telling it the way I see it; the way my doctor looks at it and know that some people can be helped if they chose to go that route, i.e. address their dental situation and toxicity caused by teeth.

Take care.

jbgoth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jbgoth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do some dentists/oral surgeons NOT believe in CAVITAT? The doctor im thinking about seeing does not agree with it. He is one of the top doctors who had done MANY cavitation surgeries.

Do you know Gigi?

I sent my pano xray to him and he reviewed it. I have 10 root canals in my mouth right now. He said 5 of them display apical evidence of failure (infection.)

I am going to call him to discuss possible treatment tomorrow.

A couple of years ago, I have had a CAVITAT scan done which showed areas of red. I had cavitation surgery on that area by a doctor in Florida. I had a horrible time with recovery.

Whats funny is, the doctor i might see, says i have a large cavitation in the area where i had cavitation surgery done??? I dont understand how that is possible.

If anyone knows, he knows, but, i just dont get it.

Any thoughts?

Jordan

Posts: 593 | From Miami, Florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Thanks for your thoughts Gigi. Even Biological dentists disagree. It will be interesting to see how the treatment plan from the second biological dentist differs from the first.

If a dentist is very skilled in this area I can understand him saying you dont need a cavitat done.

Sunny thoughts,
Wallace

Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Near the end of this article by Weston Price he says that arthritis(which I have) infects the teeth.

Sunny thoughts,
Wallace
The following are summaries from Dr Weston Price's book
" Dental Infections and the Degenerative Diseases".
source: BCD

The Italicised sections represent the dental professions old and current beliefs- the bold print represents Price's conclusions from research on literally thousands of patients. I include these summaries to demonstrate that the knowledge that Dr price gave to the world is still far ahead of the current dental thinking and teaching. It should be noted that the techniques and beliefs are not different to any great degree today as they were at the time of writing 1923. To date there is little research which refutes the findings of Dr Price. By far the majority of current endodontic research supports the findings listed below.

No 1 Roentgen Ray limitation
Roentgen rays of teeth will reveal the presence or absence of infection
The apparent extent of the resorption will indicate the extent of the infection.
An area of absorption if present can be disclosed by the X-ray.
A] Roentgenograms do not reveal infection and may or may not reveal its effects.
B] The extent of the absorption does not express the extent of the infection, except in part as the individuals reaction to the infection is understood.

C] An area of absorption of the supporting tissue at the apex of a tooth or laterally, may not be disclosed because of any of the following conditions; 1- being hidden by a part of that tooth, such as another root. 2- A heavy mass of bone such as the malar bone. 3- a layer of condensing osteitis obscuring the area of rarefying osteitis.

No 2 Bacterial Cause

If dental infections produce disturbances in other parts of the body, it is because the organism that has changed to invade that tissue is one having the specific qualities for that invasion and localisation regardless of the host, much as the organisms of erysipelas and mumps will respectively select the skin and parotid gland.

Dental infection involving root canals and their apices and supporting structures practically always contain streptococci, of which, biologically , there are many types or strains any one of which may be the important causative factor for any of the types of rheumatic type group lesions, regardless of biological classification. The elective localisation and attacking qualities are developed by the environment and are, consequently of the soil or host.

No 3 Local - Oral - Structural Changes

A) Dental infection in bone will express itself as absorption

B) A given dental infection will express itself in the local tissue of the mouth approximately the same in all people

A] Dental infection in bone may express itself as absorption , even extensive absorption , or may be attended by very little absorption, or may even be attended by a marked increase in bone density.

B] A given dental infection will not express itself in the local tissues of the mouth approximately the same in all people. People tend to divide into groups with regard to this matter of local reaction, which groups are very dissimilar.

No 4 Systemic reactions - Are Human Beings comparable?

Human beings are similar in their susceptibility to reactions to dental infections or sufficiently so that they may be considered comparable and be so judged by the same standards.

Human beings do not react with sufficiently uniform similarity to justify the premise that they can all be judged by the same standards and, therefore may be comparable in their susceptibility to systemic involvement form dental infections. They can however be divided into groups , the members of which are sufficiently similar to be judged by the same general standards , and they of that group may , therefore be considered comparable. On the basis of this quality of susceptibility , they readily classify in to three groups : those with an inherited susceptibility , those with an acquired susceptibility , and those without a susceptibility to rheumatic group lesions..

5 - Relationships between local and systemic reactions.

Since, according to the presumption all individuals are similar ,and since dental infections are entirely dependant for their characteristics upon the type of organisms which has chanced to secure access therefore there are no characteristics upon the type of organism which has chanced to secure access therefore there are no characteristics of the local tissue pathology which are related to the degree of susceptibility or nature of systemic involvement.

Local dental pathology about an infected tooth has variations which make grouping and classification easily possible on this basis, which groups have a direct relationship with similar groupings that can be made on the basis of susceptibility to rheumatic group lesions. The local and systemic expressions are not only related, but are both symptoms of the same controlling forces and conditions.

No 6 Visible absorption and tooth infection

A) A tooth without visible absorption at its apex is not infected.

B) A tooth with visible absorption at its apex is infected.

A] Teeth without absorption at their apices can be, and frequently are, infected in the pulp, dentine and apical tissue.

B] Teeth with periapical absorption can have the same produced by irritating medication or trauma.

No 7 Caries and pulp infection

Pulps of teeth not exposed by caries are not infected

Teeth with moderate caries frequently and with deep caries generally , have their pulps already infected to some extent through this channel.

No 8 Periodontitis and pulp infection

Pulps of teeth with pockets from periodontitis not involving the apex are not infected.

Teeth with shallow or moderate pockets frequently and with deep pockets usually, have their pulps already infected to some extent from that source.

No 9 Caries and Systemic involvement

Their is no relationship between caries and systemic involvement.

Susceptibility to caries and systemic involvement from dental lesions are proportional, both as cause and effect and as related symptoms.

No10 Periodontitis and systemic involvement

With an increase in susceptibility to periodontitis there is a marked increase in susceptibility to rheumatic group lesions.

Individuals with marked susceptibility to periodontitis have, as a group , a decreased susceptibility to rheumatic group lesions during the period of its active development (In its secondary stages it may contribute to rheumatic group lesions) ; or very marked susceptibility to rheumatic group lesions tend , in general to be free of periodontitis; and when rheumatic susceptibility does develop it would generally be classed as an acquired factor

No11 Periodontal and Apical reactions

There is no relationship between the extent of apical absorption from a pulp involvement and the presence or absence of periodontal absorption from a gingival irritation.

There is a direct relationship between tendency to absorption of alveolar bone in response to irritation , whether at the gingival border or at the root apex. and individuals with extensive periodontitis have for a given dental infection much more extensive areas of absorption at the apex of infected roots , than do patients without a tendency to periodontitis.

No 12 Relation of apical absorption to Danger.

The quantity or extent of the absorption is a measure of the danger, or otherwise expressed , the size or extent of the disclosed area of absorption at e apex of the root of a tooth is directly an expression of the quantity of infection and, therefore a measure of the danger from it.

Since different people react differently ,through a wide range, to a given infection , the extent of the are a of absorption is not a measure of the danger; but on the contrary it may be, and frequently is true that the patient suffering severely from a systemic reaction caused by a dental infection, shows very little absorption compared with that which the same dental infection would produce in a patient with ample and high resistance.

No 13 Nature of fistula discharge.

Flowing pus from a fistula is necessarily, very dangerous to the patient since it is an expression of the quantity of local infection and therefore a measure of the danger from it.

Since an adequately active defence against a dental infection, both locally and systemically , produces a vigorous local reaction with attending extensive absorption and the products of inflammatory reaction, namely, exudate and plasma in sufficient quantities to require an overflow, usually spoken of as pus from a fistula, this overflow may be, and usually is , evidence of an active defence, and is constituted almost wholly of neutralised products and is often sterile, and such a condition is much more safe than the same infected tooth without such an active local reaction.

No 14. Root Canal Medications

A) Infected teeth can be sterilised readily by medication

B) Usual medications do not injure the supporting structures

A] Infected teeth can be completely sterilised in the mouth only with great difficulty, or by the use of medicaments whose irritability readily injures the vitality of the supporting structures of the teeth.

B] Many of the usual methods used for the sterilisation of infected teeth do serious injury to the supporting structures about the teeth.

No 15 Root Canal Fillings.

Root fillings fill root canals and continue to do so.

Root fillings rarely fill pulp canals sufficiently perfectly to shut out bacteria completely or permanently. Root fillings usually fill the pulp canal much less perfectly some time after the operation than at the time of the operation , due to the contraction of the filling material. The ultimate contraction of the root filling is approximately the amount of solvent used where a solvent is used with gutta-percha as a root filling material. Infection is a relative matter , and quantity and danger are both related to defence, which defence may vary from high to incredibly low.

No16 Comfort as a Symptom

Local comfort and efficiency of treated teeth are an evidence and measure of the success of an operation.

Local comfort is not only not a certain index of success or safety , but may constitute both what is probably one of the greatest paradoxes and one of the costliest diagnostic mistakes through injury to health, that exists in dental and medical practice , because it may only mean the absence of local reaction which would , if present, incidentally make the tooth sore ,and fundamentally destroy the infection at its source whereas, the absence of this local reaction and the consequent destruction of the infection products, permits them to pass through the body to irritate and break down that patients most susceptible tissue, which tissue can be anticipated very frequently, if not generally.

No17 Capacity for infection of root filled teeth

When infected teeth produce disturbances in other parts of the body, it is primarily because the patient is overwhelmed by a large quantity of infection.

When infected teeth produce disturbances in other parts of the body it is not necessary that the quantity of infection be large, nor is it demonstrated that it is necessary that organisms always pass through the body or to the special tissues involved, but the evidence at hand strongly suggests that soluble poisons may pass from the infected teeth to the lymph or blood circulation, and produce systemic disturbances entirely out of proportion to the quantity of poison involved. The evidence indicates that this toxic substance may , under certain conditions, sensitise the body or special tissues, so that very small quantities of the toxin or of the organism which produce it, may produce very marked reactions and disturbances in that tissue.

No 18 Studies of pulpless teeth.

Have pulpless teeth injurious contents other than micro organisms?

Infected teeth may contain in addition to micro organisms, toxic substances which produce very profound effects upon experimental animals, and which tend to prepare the tissues of the host, at least in some cases, for a more ready invasion by the organisms from the tooth.

No 19 Haematological Changes in the Blood

What changes are produced on the blood and sera of the body by dental infections?.

Dental infections may produces very serious changes in the blood and sera of the body, some of the most frequent of which are leucopoenia, erythropenia, lympocytosis and haemophilia.

What are the chemical changes that are produced in the blood by acute and chronic dental focal infections.?

Dental focal infections tend to produce in many instances, one of several chemical changes in the blood, which changes also tend to be produced in animals when an infected tooth is placed beneath its skin, and similarly, with certain methods of inoculation with the culture grown from these teeth. Some of the changes most frequently found involve;

a] the Ionic Calcium of the blood.

b] the presence of a pathologically combined quantity of calcium in the blood.

c] a reduction of the alkali reserve of the blood

d] the development of acidosis

e] an increase in blood sugar

f] an increase in uric acid

g] the development of nitrogen retention

h] the development of products of imperfect oxidation

No 21 Contributing overloads which modify defensive factors.

What are contributing factors causing a break in resistance

Dental infections, while potentially harmful, may not be causing apparent or serious injury until the individual is subjected to some other overload, at which time a serious break may come. The chief contributing overloads are;

influenza, malnutrition, exposure, grief, worry, heredity, and age.

No 22 Effective localisation and tissue and organ susceptibility phenomena.

do the organisms of dental infections posses or acquire tissue affinity and elective localisation qualities.?

Dental infections may or may not contain organisms with a specific elective localisation quality for certain tissues of the body. When they do so it is generally because the host is suffering , or has previously suffered, from an acute process in that tissue, which acute process frequently, entirely and permanently, disappears with the removal of the focus of infection. There is evidence to indicate that the complete removal of an organ so affected, does not destroy that elective localisation quality in the micro organisms of the focus. Defence and absence of defence to streptococcal infection as an organ and tissue quality, seems definitely to be related to inheritance, and as such obeys the laws of mendealian characteristics.

No23 Environment produced by infected pulples tooth.

What are the characteristics of the habitat and environment furnished for bacteria in an infected pulpless tooth?

Since an infected tooth is a fortress for bacteria within the body of the host, and since , in accordance with the laws governing solvents and solutes , the dissolved substances within the tooth can pass to the outside of it, and, similarly, the dissolved substances outside the tooth, san pass to the inside of it, together with the fact the defensive mechanisms of the body are quite unable to enter and reach the bacteria within the tooth except in exceedingly small numbers through the natural openings of the root, which openings will, however , permit the organisms to pass at will from within the tooth to the outside, we must conclude that an infected tooth furnishes a condition and environment that is tremendously in favour of the invading organism inhabiting it, as compared with the host, since the latter may only rid itself of the menace by exfoliating it or absorbing it.

No24 Elective localisation and organ defence.

Do diseased organs and tissues modify bacteria growing in the distant focus, or create in them a capacity for localisation for those diseased tissues?

We are led to conclude from the available data, that we do not as yet have sufficient information to draw a close distinction between the influences of the organisms on the affected organ, in contradistinction to the influences of the diseased organ upon the organisms in the focus. The available data suggest strongly, if they do not definitely indicate, that both these conditions exist, in some instances, either one acting entirely alone, and in some others there are indications that both exist at the same time.

No25 Relation of Irritant to Type of Reaction

Have we different products from dental infection?

The evidence available indicates that infected teeth elaborate two distinctly different products, one being bacteria, and the other a toxic substance or group of toxic substances, which, independently of the organisms developing them, may produce various and profound disturbances in tissues in various parts of the body, one of the important group of disturbances being that of the blood stream.

No26 Chemotaxis as a Means for Increasing Defence

Can defence for streptococcal infections be increased by introducing enterally or parentally (by ingesting or injecting) chemicals?

These preliminary experiments would seem to suggest that, means can be developed which will eventually assist, by chemical means in the defence of the body against the invading streptococcal organisms of dental origin or from other sources which produce the rheumatic group lesions.

No27 The Effect of Radiation on Dental Pathological Lesions.

Can periodontoclasia and apical abscess and inflammation be cured by various types of radiation?

a)These three formes of radiation - namely, Roentgen-ray, radium radiation, and ultraviolet as generated from mercury vapour and quartz tube - have definite effect on cell resistance and proliferation, and thus directly upon tissue reaction expressions such as pus, bacterial invasion, and granulation.

b)Some of these forces are apparently definitely harmful; others are apparently definitely helpful.

No28 Gingival Infections, Their Pathology and Significance

Are the present theories regarding the aetiology of periodontoclasia, or so-called pyorrhoea alveolar, correct?

a) Inflammatory processes of the tissues about the teeth are a direct expression, and therefore a measure of the vital capacity for reaction of that individual to an irritant, during those stages of these lesions, characterised by an abnormally high vital reaction.
b)The individual, who has had this capacity for a very active reaction to the presence of irritants, may pass into a condition or state in which he or she has lost that high defensive factor, at which time several changes develop including a cessation of the absorption of alveolar bone, a lowering of the alkalinity of the periodontoclasia pockets, a change in their bacterial flora, all of which may provide under these later conditions a focus for systemic infection of the most dangerous type, though they may have ceased to have evidence either of local inflammatory disturbance, or exudate as pus.

c) To the ordinary observer, lay or professional, these two very dissimilar states are considered to be similar or identical though they potentially very different.

d) These different periodontal expressions or reactions to irritations are accompanied by, and doubtless related to, changes in the ionic calcium and alkali reserve of the blood.

No29 Aetiological Factors in Dental Caries

What are the dominant aetiological factors in dental caries?

Dental caries is dependent upon the following factors:

a) A reduction in the hydrogen ion concentration of the normal environment of the tooth.

b) An acid producing bacterium.

c) A change in the chemical constituents of the pabulum bathing the tooth.

No30 The Nature of Sensitisation Reactions

Do dental infections produce sensitizations of an anaphylactic character?

a) Teeth contain substances other than bacteria to which the individual may become sensitized, and which substances may, in addition, have strong toxic properties.

b) The evidence here presented suggests that dental infections are capable of producing in an individual a state of anaphylactic sensitisation, which condition may entirely and apparently permanently disappear with the removal of the dental infections. These disturbances may occur in dermal tissues, mucous membranes of the nose and throat, lacrimal tissues, mucous membranes of the bronchioles and air passages, as asthma, and the mucous membranes of the digestive tract and a number of other types of tissues.

No 31 Pre cancerous Skin Irritations

Are there relationships between pre cancerous skin irritations and dental infections?

The evidence available suggests:

a) That dental infections may produce localised anaphylactic reactions, as irritations of the skin and mucous membranes.

b) That these sensitizations may develop into pre cancerous conditions.

No32 Dental Infections and Carbohydrate Metabolism

What, if any, is the relationship between dental infections and carbohydrate metabolism?

Dental infections may produce marked changes in carbohydrate metabolism and probably structural and degenerative changes in the islets of Langerhans of the pancreas, with the production of hyperglycaemia and glycosuria.

No33 Marasmus

Why do people with rheumatic group lesions tend to be underweight?

Dental infections, when they affect the patient systemically, frequently, if not generally, produce a depression of the individual's weight; and marasmus, whether mild or severe, may be considered one of the diagnostic symptoms in studying the relation of dental infections to general health.

No34 Pregnancy Complications

Do dental infections have a bearing on pregnancy complications?

a) These researches have shown that in animals, infections from dental origin may have a very far-reaching effect on each the expectant mother and her foetus, which latter may be prematurely expelled or may be rendered lifeless.

b) Inasmuch as a large number of our serious cases of rheumatism, heart, and kidney involvements, have their origin at the time of pregnancy in humans, in which cases our clinical histories show that there have been present extensive dental focal infections, it is suggested as important, if not imperative, that expectant mothers shall be free from dental focal infections, both for their own safety and efficiency and for the continued vitality of the foetus.

No35 Spirochaete and Amoeba Infections

Do organisms other than streptococci enter the human system through dental infections?

While the streptococcus seems universally to be present in dental infections in practically all cases of systemic involvement, in addition to this variety the evidence seems to establish that each staphylococci and spirochaetes may pass from infected teeth to other tissues and proliferate in localised areas; and, similarly, that when certain mixed strains are injected into experimental animals, localised spirochaete infections may develop in their tissues. Systemic involvements from spirochaete infections and their localisation in experimental animals are, however, relatively rare.

No36 Nutrition and Resistance to Infection

What is the relation of nutrition to resistance to dental infection?

The data at hand suggest:

a) That the effects of variations in the diet do not express themselves quickly in specific defence.

b) That variations in diet by the limitation of various vitamins produces effects which, in general, are similar to those of overload.

c) Deficiency diets, particularly disturbances resulting in a calcium hunger, tend directly to lower the defence to dental infections.

No37 The Relation of the Glands of Internal Secretion to Dental Infections and Developmental Processes.

What is the relation of the glands of internal secretion to dental infections in developmental processes?

We would summarise these studies as follows:

a) Dysfunctions of various of the glands of internal secretion are often very materially corrected, and sometimes completely so, by the removal of dental focal infections.

b) Involvements have frequently been produced in similar endocrine tissues of the animals by inoculating them with the cultures from the teeth of the involved patients.

c) The administration of the extracts of the glands of internal secretion, particularly of the parathyroid, is shown to be of distinct benefit in certain cases of depressed ionic calcium of the blood, due in part to dental focal infections, where this improvement has been absent or slow following the removal of the dental infections.

d) An improvement has been produced in individuals, which we interpret to be due to a stimulation of the pituitary body, which in turn doubtless stimulates other ductless glands and together with them produces a marked change in both physical and mental states.

No38 The Nature and Function of the Dental Granuloma.

Is the dental granuloma a pus sac and its size a measure of the danger?

a) The so-called granuloma is a misnomer, for it is a defensive membrane and not a

neoplasm.

b) A normally functioning periapical quarantine tissue is Nature's effective mechanism for protecting that individual by destroying the organisms and toxins immediately at their source, and thereby completely prevent the tissues of that individual's body from exposure to either of these agencies.

No39 Changes in the Supporting Structures of the Teeth, Due to Infection and Irritation Processes

What are the changes produced in the supporting structures of the teeth, which are due to infection and irritation processes?

Characteristic localised structural changes develop in the supporting structures of teeth when the latter carry infection within their structures. These changes are, however, determined chiefly by the host and are an expression of the reacting characteristics of the host rather than an expression of the invading bacterium.

No40 Dental Involvement Caused By Arthritis

Can arthritic infections of the body attack and devitalise the Teeth?

a) It will be seen from these data that a systemic involvement of multiple arthritis may, while attacking various joints of the body, also attack those of the joints of the teeth; and, further, that this process of inflammation with degenerative and proliferative processes may cause the involvement and ultimate death of the pulp.

b) The involvement of these teeth as a result of the progressive systemic arthritis may in turn, and doubtless frequently, if not generally, does aggravate the general condition, for the tooth structure when it becomes infected is even less capable of vasculariztion and therefore less amenable to the processes of defence than is bone. This stresses the very great importance that individuals having deforming arthritis shall have most careful dental inspection and care, and also, since it is one of the most horrible of living deaths, every effort should be made to prevent the beginning of that process; and since the evidence is so overwhelming that the initial infection frequently, if not generally, comes from the teeth, helpless humanity deserves pity until the powers that be shall make a worthy effort to find the means that will prevent this needless catastrophe in so many lives.

No41 Variations in the Defensive Factors of the Blood

Is there a difference in the defensive factors of the blood of susceptible and non-susceptible individuals to systemic involvements from dental infections?

There is a marked difference, which is readily measurable in the bactericidal properties of the bloods of individuals of high defence, as compared with those of low defence to systemic involvements from dental infections.

No42 Methods for Reinforcing a Deficient Defence

Can a temporarily or permanently low defence against the streptococci of dental infections be increased or enhance either temporarily or permanently?

In some individuals a low defence may be materially strengthened by the use of vaccines and also by the use of all available means for stimulating metabolism and increasing a supply of essential nutritional factors.

No 43 Serophytic Micro organisms

What are the growth factors of micro organisms of the mouth in juices of living tissues?

When the mixed flora of the oral cavity are planted in the normal blood serum or lymph, the varieties that grow are almost entirely limited to the strains of diplo-and strepto-cocci, with occasional staphylococci, with the diplo- and strepto-cocci largely predominating.

No44 Calcium and Acid-Alkali Balance

What is the role of calcium to the maintenance of the acid-alkali balance of the blood, other body fluids, and tissues?

In the proper functioning of the body the end products of metabolism are carbon dioxide, urea, and water. When metabolic functions are abnormal, resulting in the imperfect oxidation with the development of less simple acids than carbon dioxide these must be neutralised with bases taken from the body and its fluids. In the absence of an adequate supply of these from other sources, the demand must be met by the calcium of the body, first from the circulating ionic calcium, then from the calcified tissues. This latter is the characteristic end reaction involved in periodontoclasia, or pyorrhoea alveolar. This enters into and complicates the aetiology of many, if not most, of the rheumatic group disturbances studied in detail in subsequent chapters.

No45 Symptoms and Danger

Since individuals are similar in their reactions to dental infections, both locally and systemically, and since freedom from involvements is dependable, the danger is proportional to the quantity and to the type or virulence of the dental infection involved and the patient's symptoms.

Since patients largely determine the biological qualities of the organisms involved in dental infections by the culture medium they furnish the bacteria, and since the sufficiently high defence of certain individuals will, under ordinary conditions, protect them from systemic injury resulting from their dental infections, and since the local oral expressions of the dental infection are an indication and a measure of that individual's reaction to the dental infection rather than a measure of that infection, therefore, it becomes apparent that the operation that is indicated is an individual factor and concerns the relation of the efficiency of the patient's defence to the attacking power of the dental infections and, accordingly, operations which are strongly indicated for some individuals are as strongly contraindicated for others.

No46 Diagnosis

An adequate procedure for making dental diagnosis is a roentgenorgraphic study of the patient, for which the only requisite training is a working knowledge of the apparatus and a familiarity with dental anatomy sufficient properly to call the teeth by their names.

An adequate procedure for making a dental diagnosis will involve, as a minimum, the following:

A knowledge of the patient's systemic defence and systemic involvements, both present and past. The securing of this will involve:

a) A knowledge of the various systemic disturbances that may be produced or aggravated by the dental infection, with or without the patient's recognition of their existence. A knowledge of the systemic disturbances includes, for differentiating purposes, a knowledge of the aetiological pathology of the involved tissues of most of the morbid conditions of the human body, regardless of the type of tissue or the involved nature of the functions. These are based upon a thorough knowledge of the gross and minute anatomy of the various organs and tissues of the body, and the normal functions of those tissues, with special reference to the nervous system.

b) A roentgenographic study, with a knowledge that is physically impossible for the Roentgen-rays to disclose much of the essential information, the roentgenogram being simply a record of relieve total densities of the planes involved.

c) A familiarity with the use of the microscope and such laboratory technique as serological study of the fluids of the body, since many of the lesions, being produced or aggravated by dental infections, are in evidence by microscopic and chemical methods long before they appear clinically as symptoms.

No47 Diagnosticians

Dental diagnosis is so simple that any dentist or physician, osteopath, chiropractor, electrical engineer or laboratory assistant, is competent to perform this simple service.

Dental diagnosis is so intricate and involved that it requires a greater knowledge of the human body, its structure and diseases, and of the various means for understanding the normality and abnormality of the same, than any specialty of the healing arts; and probably no specialty finds such great opportunity for doing injury to humanity, or for extending human life, as does the highest application of intelligence in this field. A competent diagnostician of the local and systemic expressions of dental infections must be familiar with the clinical and structural pathology required for a general medical diagnosis, and, in addition, be completely familiar with each dental anatomy, dental pathology, and dental operative procedure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GiGi
Member # 259

"Why do some dentists/oral surgeons NOT believe in CAVITAT? The doctor im thinking about seeing does not agree with it. He is one of the top doctors who had done MANY cavitation surgeries."

Do you know Gigi?"

Jordan, I think it is because only a dentist who is not as skilled in reading an x-ray needs the CAVITAT for diagnosis. A good oral surgeon, a good MD as mine, can read a pano x-ray and diagnose a "diseased jaw bone". When the two agree, a Cavitat is really not necessary - just added expense. For the dentists who can't interpret an x-ray, maybe the CAVITAT is necessary. But the CAVITAT does not do the surgery! It's the oral surgeon with a skilled assistant on his/her side.

The problem is - when the surgery is in process, the oral surgeon still has to know how far to go, where to stop, and what he has to do to get all the diseased bone out. If he/she doesn't, then it's more surgery and more surgery. If he leaves some behind, it could spread to other areas. Just like any infection.

Also my surgeon used abx before and at least ten days after. He also used some other methods to help the growth of new bone, to help it along. Some have various devices in their office where the patient can spend a day afterwards to further healing. If close enough, the patient can go there severl days afterwrd.

Neither my husband I had any severe swelling beyond the normal for a day or two, and neither of us needed any pain pills. My symptoms that had been brought on by the infections gradually decreased, slowly; the toxins spread by root canals are literally everywhere in the body and that takes time. It took me about four months before I started to feel that I was now finally getting a handle on Lyme, etc. My husband finally got out of the wheelchair after seven months following the surgery. The thios enter the brain readily - we both had it there. So don't expect overnight miracles. You hopefully stop the infection, but you will need to work a while on getting rid of the damage from the neurotoxins that were spread by the infection.

We have a CAVITAT here in the city. Dr. K. never sends anyone there as far as I know. The most important part is the surgery and that takes experience. It's the human hand with the touch. I observed my husband's surgery - I would not want to do that kind of work for a million dollars. It requires real skills to navigate around these nerves -- wiggly nerves. Go only to the best. It's not the CAVITAT doing the surgery. It's the oral surgeon.

The man who invented the CAVITAT is one of the best, per Dr. K. I have met him. He is a scientist, and his main work is the research of thousands of root canals, the various huge problems brought about by them, mercury problems, government involvement, etc. about root canals - you want to just get rid of them, if they are already causing problems. He was a guest speaker of Dr. K. recently and I really was glad that he enlightened many a dentist in the audience as well as other doctors.

I hope you get a written report about your pano. I remember every single tooth was detailed in mine and I knew what my choices were right then and there.

I do feel for you - having to make these decisions is tough.

Mine was easy - I wanted to live again

Take care.

GiGi
Member # 259

Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Gigi

I am looking into dentures!

You mentioned you had to go to Germany to have yours fitted. What brand was it?

www.candulor.com is a Swiss brand that I am interested in. I may go to a shop and have a look at them.

Sunny thoughts,
Wallace

GiGi
Member # 259

Wallace, I have the same brand of porcellan teeth in my denture as you mentioned. That refers only to the teeth. My husband has a ceramic type tooth that is nice too. I do not know the brand. The teeth are not the problem.

The denture-making is. I had 12 appointments to have dentures made, spanning over three weeks. It is done layer by layer. The 5 different sets I had made in this country went bang, bang, bang, done and doesn't fit and isn't fit for eating. I would only go to a place where the lab works hand in hand with the denture maker. He has to be on the premises, or you have to be able to go to his premises. Sending an impression out to some lab that has no clue of what you look like and then expecting that denture to fit and cosmetically look right is a waste of time and money.

The dental technicican is either right there with the dentist/ or is on the same premises.

However, the most important for your future health and for the detox mechanism of your brain to work besides using compatible material follows here.

I quote from some article of a good friend (whose permission I have not sought):

"Dental occlusion plays an extremely important role in the kinetic chain that determines the postural system.

Chronic dysfunction of the system will affect the central nervous system and health in general. The stability and proper function of the occlusal structure is determined by the balance between the tensional and compressive forces on the hard and soft tissue of the maxilla, mandible, head, neck and shoulders. The balance between the counteracting forces of tension and compression is called tensegrity. \

In living organisms the continuous tension between its parts creates awareness of posture. This is referred to as proprioception, and tensegrity drives proprioception. It is the result of tensegrity that a change of tension in one part of the structure produces a chain reaction of changes throughout the structure.

The principles of tensegrity apply at the molecular level with the interaction of amino acids, fatty acids, proteins and cells as well as at the skeletal level involving muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones.

By recognizing and understanding the genetic and environmental background of different facial types and cranial divergencies of individuals, appropriate functional orthopedic devices can be utilized in a growing child to ensure optimal functional occlusion is achieved. Proper occlusion in turn will positively affect the biomechanical function of joints, which in turn will create normal reflexes, correct posture, gait and equilibrium.

Over the past several decades due to human intervention in environment, food quality and dental treatments (both preventative and invasive) dental structure has been affected and this has affected the Righting reflex. The Righting reflex is primordial.

It enables an animal to maintain its body in a definite relationship to its head by keeping the eyes focused on the horizon. This in turn preserves equilibrium and balance. It is for this reason that the Righting reflex is a primary mechanism for survival.

A distorted maxilla with a roll, pitch or yaw will influence the entire cranial mechanism, which will also affect the visual field. The central nervous system via cranial nerve X1 (accessory) sends signals to contact the trapezius or sternocleidomastoid muscle to correct the head position in order to keep the eyes focued on the horizon. Extended periods of incorrect posture will create musculoskeletal pathologies such as nerve entrapment, trigger points in the musculature and uneven wear of the dentition.

This distortion of the head whether it is roll, pitch, yaw or a combination, will alter the level of the shoulders, which in turn will change the level of the hips and finally will affect leg length and stride. The neck and thoracic cage position will also be indirectly influenced which introduces a host of neurolotical and structural symptoms.

Primary proprioceptive areas in the body are C1, atlas/occiput. TMJ capsule, head of first rib, sacroiliac joint and subtalor joint. The proprioceptive system is designed to keep the head, shoulders and pelvis level.

Whenever there is a distortion, the nervous system sends signals to the musculature to contract in order to correct the alignment of the skeletal system. This in turn can cause such problems as scoliosis, lordosis, rotated pelvis, mandibular shifts, Achilles tendonitis and sciatic lesions to name a few."

Bad teeth - bad dentures are a pain in the neck - are a pain in the butt.

Keep your teeth if they can be made healthy -
IF - is the big word. And your health falls and rises with that.

Take care.

Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Thanks Gigi

Porcellan teeth apparently are more likely to break, I don't know if that has happened to you yet? Thanks again.

Sunny thoughts,
Wallace

GiGi
Member # 259

Wallace, porcellan look like natural teeth. I have never had one broken. I did get extras from the dentist (six front, both mand and max) to have on hand because I am so far away. Nobody not even myself would ever suspect I do not have my own teeth.

Hope you don't have to go that route. But if that is what you end up doing, do it with only the best that you can possibly afford. It does not pay having to do it over and over - someday I am going to make a showcase of my different dentures I had to live through and exhibit them at the next Klinghardt Doctor Dentist seminar.

Take care.

bel1268
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bel1268     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a permanent porcelain bridge and have had no problems with it. I have had it since 1995 and even hit my front teeth many times. It hooks on to both eye teeth (six front teeth total).

Once one of my mom's young bulls slammed his big head right in the front of my mouth and I thought for sure my bridge had to have broken but did not. If you have been around horses or cattle you know how hard they can throw their big heads around.

Anyway, they look very nice and I get many compliments on my teeth. Everyone thinks they are real. Now hoping the eye teeth are not dead when I go see Dr. H as I do not want partials but will do what I have to do...

Posts: 240 | From Southern Maryland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

My second dentist is planning to remove 3 teeth and one new bridge.

With regards to complete removal he says while he wont disagree he cant see the logic in it. Possibly he may want to talk to me about it on the phone.

I want to be sure I remove any possible focal infection. I hear too many stories of cavitation surgery having to be redone. This way I am sure! Time will tell if I was right!

Sunny thoughts,
Wallace

Neil M Martin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil M Martin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone asked if jawbone infections can be painless. YES. They nearly killed me.

My Lyme disease followed a 6/95 tick bite.

My jawbone osteomyelitis followed wisdom tooth extractions 7/94 & 7/95.

From 7/94 I lost strength in a subclinical, non specific, subjective sort of way. Following the lead of my HMO I tried to ignore my decline but in 6/97 was hospitalized with quadripalegia.

Still, no jaw pain.

The DDS who pulled my teeth in '94-95 did not believe in cleaning out alveoli post extractions.
As chief oral surgeon for my HMO, he did not believe in chronic jawbone infections.

In 3/98 when shown solid evidence of infection in my wisdom tooth extraction sites he held his ground. I complained to the dental board - but found that DDS had read from their play book.

I went out of state 4/98 to have my osteomyelitis surgerized. It seemed odd to be forced out of state to deal with an infection. Especially when my life was on the line.

In 5/98 an MD (who will remain unnamed) said the 4/98 oral surgery saved my life.

In 2/99 I asked my HMO to treat my Lyme disease. More high-handed denials. In 5/99 I crawled out of state for help.

By now I've almost lost track of the times I left state to get help for oral & tick borne diseases.

Due to long term treatments I recovered enough strength to process claims through my HMO.

It took 6 years but the HMO paid what covered most of my Lyme disease expenses and '98-99 oral surgery office fees.

The temporary discomfort and inconvenience of jaw surgeries were minimal in light of their help.

I may not be able to prove that osteomyelitis made me vulnerable to chronic tick borne disease but the link seems reasonable.

--------------------
Neil

Posts: 697 | From Tucson, AZ USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Gigi if you see this and if its not too personal I wondered if your husband had also had significant tooth loss?

Is Lyme connected to tooth decay on the lower jaw?

Its not decided but its possible I may loose all my teeth on the lower jaw and also have cavitational surgery there as well, keeping most of my teeth on my upper jaw.

I note that Suzin Stockton also lost all here teeth after her 3 cavitational op's.

Sunny thoughts,
Wallace

GiGi
Member # 259

Neil, I also never felt any pain in my mouth. I guess most everything was dead.

Wallace,

My husband never had such rapid decay until I infected him with Lyme. From that time on it went rapidly downhill. We did a lot of crown work, redoing what was necessary and when it still seemed to be worthwhile doing the repair.
Another year later into Lyme Disease, the teeth deteriorated even more rapidly. He lost more teeth and by then the jawbone was affected.

In order to safe the jawbone to be able to have enough left for dentures, we decided to finally remove all remaining teeth. By that time he was in a wheelchair unable to walk.

Seven month after complete removal of all infected jawbone/cavitations and teeth, he got out of the wheelchair and was able to drive again.

It is wonderful not to have to worry about dental problems any more. It was not an easy decision; but one we should have made a lot earlier. For me, good health starts in the mouth, not the gut as many say. Don't forget to find the best denture maker and that detoxing the thioethers and the mercaptans and the heavy metals is a must. That's also not easy and you need a good doctor, specifically one that also does Neural Therapy. It helps a lot to mobilize the toxins.

I am convinced today that trying to safe teeth under any and all conditions just for the sake of "save this tooth" is not a very good thing to do.

Have you talked to the ART practitioner in the UK?

http://www.autonomic-response.co.uk/

I understand Institute of Neurobiology/ now also have an office in Scotland with an ART practitioner.

Take care.

P.S. Don't know a S Stockton.

Tooth decay is accelerated with microbial infections. The jaw and nearby areas are saturated with mercury and other dental metals
and it makes a perfect terrain for anaerobes. They can live there undisturbed; little oxygenated blood flow and they dig in. Bartonella especially. Read about the dig in Finland - the remains of Napoleon's army - still finding the Bartonella in teeth.

Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Thanks Gigi.

Its not an easy decision, particularly as dentists are focussed on the health of the teeth rather than the jaw.

S. Stockton wrote the article posted earlier in this thread.

Sunny thoughts,
Wallace

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement