LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lyme T-Shirts!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme T-Shirts!
arg82
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 161

Icon 10 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

Well, someone suggested having t-shirts made for Lyme awareness. I looked into this and found a place where this can be done relatively easily with a small minimum order requirement but reduced price for larger orders. I used the phrase "Lyme Sucks!" for the front and on the back it says:
Learn About Lyme Disease www.lymeinfo.net

And then there's a green awareness ribbon. The colors are flexible, I did a mock up with a black shirt and green writing. Here's the mock up:

I'd love some feedback on it and whether or not people would be interested in it! They can be made in short sleeved t-shirts, long sleeved shirts, sweatshirts, hats, bags, etc. but the minimum order for each thing is 6 and the more you order the less they cost per piece. This would be mostly just to get the shirts made and would be sold for close to cost, with a small amount going towards the Lyme Out Retreats.

Peace and healing,
Annie

------------------

Click here to join Lyme Pals.

Click here to see my Lyme journal.

Lyme Out Retreat Information Webpage

Posts: 2184 | From Rochester, MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BRENDA2003
Member # 4442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BRENDA2003     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Annie,
I would like some of those shirts!!Do you have a link or an address to order them!!!Please e-mail me with info,Straight to the point!!I like that!!

Thanks Much
Brenda

Posts: 36 | From PITTSVILLE,WISCONSIN | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Member # 161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad there's a positive response to this. I'd just like to get an idea of how many to order and then I can figure out how much they each would be and go ahead with it.

Also, there's some concern over the word "sucks". Would anyone object to changing it to something else? Like "Lyme Stinks" or "Lyme Bites"?

If you're interested in getting one or more, e-mail me - [email protected] - and I'll start a list.

Peace and healing,
Annie

------------------

Posts: 2184 | From Rochester, MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coyotecrazy
Member # 6707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coyotecrazy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd rather see a slogan of something like "Lyme Really Ticks Me Off" so that I could wear it anywhere. Just my opinion ;-)
Posts: 66 | From AL, USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Member # 161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How's this?

Or this?

The back would be the same. Any thoughts?

--Annie

------------------

arg82
Member # 161

Or, here's another one:

Which one would you vote for?

--Annie

------------------

BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
Even tho it does SUCK, that may be uncomfortable for some people, kids to wear.
I like the other two better.

Or Top line:

THE
GRAET IMITATOR
LYME

Keep the back the same.

Thank you for doing this.
Peace, Belva

Posts: 468 | From IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Member # 161

I think I like this one the best:

So, let's say that that's what it will be.

Now, how many do you all want and what sizes? I'll wait until I have a fairly good number (I'm thinking at least 20?) before ordering and at that point I can let you know how much they'll be. Right now I think they will be somewhere between $12 and $15. The more shirts ordered, the cheaper they are, so spread the word and try to get a lot of people in on this! We should all have a big get together and wear our shirts!

--Annie

------------------

Corgilla
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corgilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I like the Ticked Off About Lyme Disease too.

I'll definitely want at least 2. What kind of material are the shirts made of? Once I know that, I'll tell you the sizes.

Great idea.

Corgilla

Posts: 694 | From PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Member # 161

Corgilla,

Glad you like that phrase, too!

They are 100% cotton short-sleeved T-shirts.

Hope lots of people get in on this!

--Annie

------------------

bel1268
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bel1268     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the LYME SUCKS one and would be proud to wear that shirt. Would also love a baseball cap for hubby. Let me know when you get this going. [email protected]
Posts: 240 | From Southern Maryland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Member # 161

Okay, here's the latest update:

I'm going with the "Ticked Off About Lyme Disease" version because that seems to be the best overall. I like all of them, but I understand completely the concerns over "Sucks" and I want to make this into something ANYONE would be happy to wear.

I have looked into other products, too, and here's what I've come up with. I can have short-sleeved T-shirts, long-sleeved T-shirts, sweatshirts, caps, and bags made. BUT, in order to order a product, I have to order at least 6 of them and the price goes significantly down as the number goes up. Here are links to the mock-ups of the different products and I'm including approximate prices underneath each link:

T-Shirt
6 - $26 each
6-10 - $20 each
10-15 - $18 each
15-20 - $16 each
20+ - $15 each

Baseball Cap
6-10 - $38 each
10-15 - $30 each
15-20 - $25 each
20+ - $22 each

Long-Sleeved Shirt
6-10 - $28 each
10-15 - $21 each
15-20 - $18 each
20+ - $15 each

Totebag
6-10 - $28 each
10-15 - $20 each
15-20 - $16 each
20+ - $14 each

Sweatshirt
6-10 - $38 each
10-15 - $30 each
15-20 - $28 each
20+ - $25 each

So, as you can see, the prices get cheaper the more you order. But, I'm willing to order any item that there are at least 6 orders for, as long as the corresponding price is okay.

Let me know what you're interested in of the above choices and I'll let you all know what it looks like I'll be ordering sometime in the next few days. I can wait longer, though, to order if you're unsure. Just give me a general idea of what you think you might want so I can try to plan it out. I'd also need pre-payment before ordering so keep that in mind - it will take a few weeks at least (probably closer to a month) to have them made and get them out to everyone.

--Annie

------------------

IMHisda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6998

Icon 6 posted      Profile for IMHisda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Annie:

Hi. Like the "Ticked off about Lyme disease" one too but wouldn't it be great in white to emphasize wearing white in woods, etc. What do you think. Would love to wear a white one to a park (if I ever go back to a park to remind people.

Renee

Posts: 249 | From Healing in USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the "ticked off" in black. Kinda tired of white myself...though the black will be hot.

I want one. Thanks, Annie!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Member # 161

I personally like the black better than white. I have so many white shirts and I just like wearing dark colors more than light colors. But, if there's an interest in getting some in white, I did a mock-up of that. You can view it here. The white is slightly less expensive but really nothing to be a deciding factor (less than a dollar difference).

--Annie

------------------

chainsaw joseph
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chainsaw joseph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a good idea,your a go getter.I will take one t-shirt and maybe a baseball cap if you can get them on the low end.How about Lyme bites,an estimated 200,000 victims a year t-shirt.That would show people howseriouse it is.And on the back it could say there is no reliable blood test for lyme disease.We would be a walking wake up call.Annie if you could get these into the LLMDs waiting rooms I bet you would sell tons.Keep up the good work,you are always doing something,a big applause for Annie.
Posts: 308 | From new bedford,Ma. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShelleyA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShelleyA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Lyme Sucks but then I'm an adult...

I like less on the front.........how about

GOT LYME (!) or (?)

I have cats so white would be my choice....one in ? large probably.

Are visors available? I get too hot with a hat.

Posts: 575 | From Houston, TX | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Member # 161

Icon 10 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the enthusiasim you all have about this! That certainly makes it easier for me to just run away with my ideas.

I looked into visors and they are available but very expensive (even more than the caps, go figure). I think for now it's best to try to get more of a few different products than a few of a bunch of different ones - that keeps the costs down as much as possible. I'll say that T-shirts are a definite. I personally would love a sweatshirt. And if there's enough interest in the other products, I'm happy to order those, too.

Keep the feedback coming! And e-mail me if you know what you'd like so I can keep a record of it and keep track of the interest in the different products.

--Annie

------------------

arg82
Member # 161

UP!

As of right now, I can say t-shirts and sweatshirts are a definite. If you're interested in any of the products listed above, e-mail me at [email protected] with the number and sizes. I'll be putting together an order probably sometime in the next few weeks but I'd need pre-payment for all items.

--Annie

------------------

arg82
Member # 161

Okay, a quick update on this.

There has been some interest in getting some white t-shirts, so I made a mock up of them:

And here's what the black ones look like:

And the sweatshirts:

[This message has been edited by arg82 (edited 25 March 2005).]

arg82
Member # 161

The baseball caps:

Totebags:

And tank tops are also available, but I'm not sure if there will be enough interest in these:

As of right now, the only one I have enough orders to be sure to go ahead with it is the black t-shirts. So, e-mail me if you're interested in any of the above products. Here are the approximate prices (what I can estimate right now):

T-Shirts (black or white): $18 each
Sweatshirts: $38 each
Baseball Cap: $38 each
Totebag: $28 each
Tank Tops: $18 each

I have also found a cheaper cap, but it's not really a baseball cap. It's a mesh cap (like trucker type caps) but it's significantly cheaper (with a minimum order of 12). Here's what they look like:

They would cost $15 each with a minimum order of 12.

Okay, so e-mail me at [email protected] with your orders!

--Annie

arg82
Member # 161

UP!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in! I want a black T-shirt......size small. thanks!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deb obrien
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deb obrien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if you wouldn't get a larger market if you had
tees with directions on the back on how to remove ticks and sold them with tick removal kits - if something like this was marketed, outdoor chains such as REI might be interested....just a thought,
deb

------------------

Posts: 122 | From richmond, ca, usa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Member # 161

UP!

So far I definitely have enough orders for white and black t-shirts to go through with ordering them. Still taking orders for any of the items!

--Annie

------------------

Lyme Out Retreat Website

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement