LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » symptoms cyclic?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: symptoms cyclic?
suttles
Member # 5984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suttles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if anyone has there symptoms rotate? What I mean is I have been having the burning neck back pain, the last time a little over a weak ago my arms got weak and almost shakey. They cleared up but this happens ever so often. I had a pinced nerve a year ago. The last visit my MD gave me an order for a MRI now I don't know if I should do it because its not huring anymore. Other things come and go. Flue like weakness, it is a real problem, sleelpiness and then just plain fatigue. I don't want to run out and have tests that don't show something but this pain seems to be cyclic.
Does this happen to anyone else?
Suttles

Posts: 67 | From moving soon | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rene
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rene     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes lyme symptoms are cyclic, and may seem to disappear for awhile only to return later. I personally have a herx every 21 days like clockwork. I'm sure others will be along to share their experiences.
Posts: 366 | From Louisville KY. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, my symptoms are cyclic. At first there was a predictable 28 - 30 day cycle where my fatigue and brain fog would increase for up to a week and lots of other symptoms would pile up making me miserable.

The next 3 weeks various symptoms would come and go. Some stick around for a few days, others, weeks and others months. Other symptoms appear randomly and may only happen once or may re-appear. For example the tip of my thumb went numb for 2 days in November. It returned to normal until March when It went numb for a few hours! Other symptoms last only a second before vanishing completely.

When I started getting my period again (after 6 months without one) the cycle changed. Now I feel incredibly awful during my period. The other 30 day cycle is less pronounced. I've heard others say they get worse at the full moon.

Keeping a Lyme journal helps me keep track of my progress. Some of my symptoms get much worse before they suddenly get better. When I feel really bad I remind myself that I always feel worse before things get better.

Hatsnscarfs

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docdave130
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the answer is yes. Rotating joint pain is actually diagnostic of lyme disease and how i diagnosed mine after 5 years undiagnosed.
the rotating joint pain can more from week to week, month to month, or during my last episode 1 month ago, day to day.
you should keep a log of symtoms every day, good documentation may be necessary in the future ie ssdis.
it also give you a good idea of where you stand with the lyme better, worse same.
the last new llmd i went to in florida, since i moved from pa was very good.
i brought in my symptoms from the previous week, look at my 300 page chart and said"I GUESS YOUR HAVING A RELAPSE OF LYME DISEASE"
HE WAS THE FIRST DOCTOR TO ACTUALLY COME OUT AND SAY I HAD LYME DISEASE EVEN WITH ELISA 5.6 AND 9 POSTIVE WESTERN BLOT BANDS.
an he remarkably did this without 1 blood test. yes he ran tests for chemistry and cbc but no lyme tests. he asked me if i wanted them, and i said it was not necessary since we both know i have lyme disease from the symptoms.
gOSH A REAL LIVE LLMD THAT THINKS, WHAT DO YOU KNOW, NEXT WE MAY EVEN HAVE DOCS THAT LISTEN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement