LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » You are so good- so darn good- They said so!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You are so good- so darn good- They said so!
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings you little angels you!

I wanted to pass along a couple of notes directed to you.. or AT you??? Something like that.

I have been hearing comments about the efforts you all have made.. and the education you have provided to so many lately. Here are only a few.. as I only have so much brain left to store everything. But trust me..

YOU have made a HUGE impression and a positive one.

You done good Cowboy!

"We have so many emails and letters from Lyme patients. I never knew it was that serious."

"I noticed the CDC web site is saying one thing here and another one there."

"The Senators and some of the House members have friends with Lyme disease but they didn't know it was so much of a problem in Maryland."

After being in the Senate building all day long.. and searching out more help for us in this office and that.. one of the assistants said to me... "I have a dog with Lyme disease but he seems to be doing fine now .. except he walks just like you do."

From a secretary who gathered our literature and emails... "I took the literature and notes that were sent in and shared them all with a friend of mine who has been sick with Lymes* disease for years. She was very anxious to read what you all sent in and just got an appointment with a doctor out of state somewhere."

"Delagate XXXXX was reading the information and even took it home for his wife to see."

"We are going to help you."

In a letter from an aide in a Delegates office about a letter they recieved.. " Your gentle, gracious letter touched me. It is not unusual for bills to be gutted, amended into meaninglessness, or simply ignored. .... I hope all of you have a safe and tick-free spring, summer and fall. (aide)"

A letter from a Delagate.. "The legislative process is much like making sausage and not a pretty sight to witness.... I am concerned that lyme disease is a very serious disease.."

From a Senator in the area.. "I appreciate your email, and thank you for your interest in this issue. I will forward this message to a member of my staff who will try and contact you in regards to this issue."

From a Senators office... "I wanted to acknowledge receipt of your message and let you know that Delegate XXX is very aware of the change from previous individuals who supported this bill and now DO NOT."

From a Senators office... "Thank you for the heads up. I will do what I can to promote HB1323 and stop SB596."

From a Senators office.. "you will never know how much attention this brought to the issue. It seems everywhere we go people are talking about it. With the exposure you have had it seems the Health departments and doctors will have to be more careful about how they treat you in the future."

Soooooo little angels.. we are being heard and we are educating others.

Keep up the good work!

And THANK YOU for helping... as always.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/033108.html

------------------
If you get the choice to sit it out or dance...

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trillian
Member # 6857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trillian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

------------------
My living with lyme blog:
http://maypanic.tripod.com/blog/

Posts: 91 | From Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's wonderful! Thanks for all your hard work too, Tincup!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After being in the Senate building all day long.. and searching out more help for us in this office and that.. one of the assistants said to me... "I have a dog with Lyme disease but he seems to be doing fine now .. except he walks just like you do."

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laserred     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is wonderful news, Tincup...like music to the ears!!

Now we got to get 'em to sing the right song!!!!

Good job everyone, and Thanks Bunches to You, too, Tincup!!!!!

Posts: 493 | From MidWest NorthWoods | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinchotGail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinchotGail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw that's great to hear Tincup!!

Thanks for passing that on, it is nice to hear those things and know we made an impact!

Well I tried earlier to email the senators and reps.....their mailboxes are FULL!!!!! I would say they got bombarded today with emails!!!!!!!!!!

Gail

Posts: 562 | From Wellsville, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JavaBeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JavaBeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for passing this on TC..

As a group, we really need to hear/see these responses and see how the power of our "collective strength in numbers" really can work. We may be ill for now, but silence won't help us overcome this...only efforts like this.

Thanks again for all your hard work TC, you are indeed one of our guardian angels!

Health and Healing,
JavaBeing

Posts: 208 | From Portland, OR USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richtersl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richtersl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww.....Tincup...

Linda

Posts: 749 | From New Hope, PA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JRWagner
Member # 3229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRWagner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tinny...you have made my day...I just LOVE when a woman tells me I am so darn good!!!!!

Actually, I have had this lovely disease so long I forgot what "it" was like!!!!!

No longer make money on 42nd Street...

But seriously folks...your efforts are very much appreciated.

I have emailed to NBC...the Today Show, as well as called their ingnrant butts, to express my indignation with their stupid Children's Camps features...NOT ONE has ever mentioned the dangers of Lyme Disease!

Please add your voices to the mix!

These poor kids will never know what hit them, especially out in the woods!
www.nbc.com

Peace, Love and Wellness,
JRW

Posts: 1414 | From Ny, Ny | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The replies:

Thanks for expressing your views on this issue. Your opinion is hsared by many others. I will keep them in mind should the legislation come before me.

-----------------

Dear Jill,

Thank you for your letter concerning SB 596. Delegate wants to view the finalized version of the bill before making a decision on the matter. Thank you again for the letter and stay active.
-------

I wanted to acknowledge receipt of your message pertaining to the changes in the lyme disease legislation. Delegate has received it for consideration.
----------

Thank you for your e-mail concerning SB 596. This bill has be referred to the House Government Operations Committee. Should it come to the floor of the House for a vote, I will certainly keep your concerns in mind as I listen to the debate.

-----------------
Thank you for your e-mail regarding SB596 Lyme Disease. As of 4/4/05 this Bill was referred to Health and Government Operations, should this Bill make it out of committee and on the House Floor, I will keep your views in mind.

If I can be of assistance to you in any way, please contact my office.

------------
As a member of the Ways and Means Committee, Delegate will not have a chance to participate in a public hearing for SB596 as it will be heard before the Health and Government Operations Committee. I will be sure to share your e-mail with him for his review if the bill makes it to the House floor.

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail our office

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for letting us know, and thank YOU for all you do..
Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RJPII
Member # 5876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RJPII     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup and friends - I just wanted to say Bravo! This is inspiring indeed. I have hope that someday more action and acknowledgement will be seen here in NJ. It has seemed to be out of reach, but your story makes me ask myself what can I do in the state to out some action into place. I have to admit there may be a lot of action that I am not aware of though.
Have a great day!
Bob

Posts: 77 | From Morris County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And just when you think NO ONE is listening...

From a wonderful Senator.. "Per your recommendation I will vote NO on these Bills."

Zippity do dah! Three cheers!!!

Someone DID listen!!!!

Never quit trying. I am darn near give out.. but this made me keep going.

I blasted off another letter yesterday.. this last one 4 full pages of HOT stuff.. so hopefully we will see some results from it.

BUT.. without everyone helping and doing what they can.. YOU ALL... we wouldn't have a chance. So thank you again and please do keep it up.

And.. your nice notes are the only smiles I get.. so thank you VERY much!

Here is the site where you can go to "do your duty".

And for that.. you don't need a scooper and little bag. he he he

On second thought... with what I am dealing with... maybe THAT would be appropriate! It sure can get DEEP in the places I've been hanging out in lately.

THANKS for helping ALL of us!!!

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/033158.html

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting their comments back about all of our efforts.

Bettyg

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MammaLyme
Member # 1257

Icon 3 posted      Profile for MammaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually emailed my testimony again with a few choice words that this is not what we had intended. We needed to protect the few lyme literate doctors that we have in Maryland without the insuarnce companies and Hopkins getting involved. Regular doctors do not know how to treat lyme. They felt sorry for me from my testimony but I told them they have done nothing to help us.

I emailed all of the House members with a cc to the SEnate members.

Keep us posted Tincup. Thanks for everything.

Posts: 2173 | From Maryland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

My latest replies:

I did get this message from one of the House members from my last email. Is this a good reply, it's hard to tell:

Dear Ms. Fleury,

Thank you for writing me concerning Lyme Disease. I appreciate your
taking the time to share your views.

The seriousness of Lyme Disease cannot be underestimated and it is
important that Maryland's doctors are provided with the resources to
effectively diagnose and treat the disease. I will take your views into
consideration when thinking about this issue.

Once again, thank you for your letter. Please don't hesitate to contact
me with any further issues or concerns.

Sincerely,
------------------

I appreciate hearing from you and wanted to immediately let you know that
your email was received. Given the volume of e-mail I receive each day
during the General Assembly Session, it may take some time to provide an
individual response to the concern you have raised. However, I appreciate
you contacting me and will certainly keep your comments in mind as we
deliberate this issue.

If you need to schedule an appointment or need immediate assistance, please
call my office @ 410-.

Again, thank you for contacting me.

daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 12 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all you do Tincup!....
Without you we wouldn't know to do these things...WE need you to keep prodding us along... LOL

Here's a very positive response I just got..

Thank you for writing me concerning Lyme Disease. I appreciate your
taking the time to share your views.

The seriousness of Lyme Disease cannot be underestimated and it is
important that Maryland's doctors are provided with the resources to
effectively diagnose and treat the disease. I will take your views into
consideration when thinking about this issue.

Once again, thank you for your letter. Please don't hesitate to contact
me with any further issues or concerns.

Sincerely,

Peter Franchot

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement