LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I am sleeping about 20 hours a day??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am sleeping about 20 hours a day??
marblenose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6477

Icon 5 posted      Profile for marblenose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the past 3 days I have been sleeping about 20 hours a day. I have never had this symptom in all the 10 years I have been dealing with this.
Anyone else experience this?
I started Ketek on the 31st other than that nothing is new. I am exhausted and weak. Help!
Blessings,
Marblenose

Posts: 287 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had this happen to me at various stages of treatment. I was very very tired my first weeks on Ketek. Then it got steadily better until I added tinidozole. Fatigue is a known side effect of Ketek.

There are quite a few warnings associated with Ketek -- I don't know what else you are on, but you might need to do some checking with your pharmacist. See http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic3/ketek_ad.htm

Always a good idea to let the doc know what's up.

My sympathies. Exhaustion of this sort is very distressing.

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aligondo Bruce
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aligondo Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome to my world. there have been times i literally slept for 36 consecutive hours.

somnolence is commonly seen in CNS lyme of long duration.

you need intensive IV therapy with a cephalosporin preferrably.

quote:
Originally posted by marblenose:
For the past 3 days I have been sleeping about 20 hours a day. I have never had this symptom in all the 10 years I have been dealing with this.
Anyone else experience this?
I started Ketek on the 31st other than that nothing is new. I am exhausted and weak. Help!
Blessings,
Marblenose

Posts: 523 | From Stillwater,OK,USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachcomber
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marblenose:

I spent Easter weekend and the following Monday going from the couch to my bed with pitstops to the bathroom in between. Sometimes I just get slammed with fatigue that will last for 24 - 36 hours.

Your body needs rest. Listen to it. Not much else you can do.

I have even fallen asleep sitting upright in a chair with a cup of tea in my hand.

Bc

Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marblenose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6477

Icon 12 posted      Profile for marblenose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all.
I have been on IV Roc since Dec. 7 with zithro (didn't work) in between.
I also get regular accupressure session and chiro stuff.
I am now going back to sleep!
Blessings,
Marblenose

Posts: 287 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz28
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might be a terrific herx. Could you check in again when you have been on your new abx about two weeks?

I've had the experience you describe with IV rocephin, minocycline, and flagyl--and always on the first go round, when they were hitting Lyme that had not been reached before. Especially minocycline. I couldn't walk, couldn't eat, just lay in bed feeling like this would never end.

If it is a herx, you deserve to get through it and get better. Ten years of Lyme is unconscionable.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paisley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paisley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
marblenoe,
gosh I thought I was just a loser lately. In my 20 years with lyme I haven't experienced the kind of crushing exhaustion as the the last 3-4 weeks. I'm on doxy since dec.

i don't care about food or water. I just want my pillow. my kids now take care of themselves. i hate this. slept 24 hours yesterday. i also feel so weak and i don't want to do anything. i should want to pay my electric bill before they turn it off, but I don't care until it's a crisis.

confused about why i need so much sleep.

sweet dreams
paisley

Posts: 298 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marblenose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6477

Icon 11 posted      Profile for marblenose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey All,
I hear you. I have always paid everything on time. With the severity of the Lyme at this point I can't even correctly write a check. Brain drain is BAD
The silver lining is if you wait it out they call you and you can pay them over the phone!!!
Not really funny but at least no one has turned off anything yet.
Today the legs don't work either so I will sleep the day away again.
My dogs are so generous with their little legs crossed.
Actually this morning they got a god run in so I will only feel slightly guilty.
I go to LLMD tomorrow.
The other good thing about all the sleep is I have not had to take as much pain med. my organs are happy about that!
Thank you all so much. Keep the feedback coming!
Blessings,
marblenose

HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 14 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I happened to me for about a week on 3 separate times in my life. Before antibiotics.

Anyway maybe it will only last a week.

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mentioned paying monthly bills, etc.

If you haven't set up an automatic withdrawl for your utility bills, please consider doing so. Hubby & I have done this for 5+ years & love it.

Bettyg

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marblenose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marblenose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 gm IV Roc/ 800mg. Ketek
I hope it helps.
Blessings,
Marblenose

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement