LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » KMT22 - unlike a Rife or any other frequency device

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KMT22 - unlike a Rife or any other frequency device
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are more of my notes on the KMT (Klinghardt Matrix Therapy):

The KMT is a series of FDA approved instruments used for pain control. I used some of these devices already a number of years ago.

For those who do not know me, please know that I am well and very cured for several years now from a horrific Lyme infection and major dental infections, which made me totally dysfunctional, semi-paralyzed and held me in a severe brainfog for a long time
(until I met my doctor).

My husband is also beating all records when it comes to an 80-year old who at one time got only around in a wheelchair, walker sometimes, and by my pulling him on the floor from one room to the other in the house. This is all in the past and we attribute part of our well being to KMT (Klinghardt Matrix Therapy).

Our doctor developed an off-label instrument applying this sophisticated technology to patients with neurological and neurodegenerative disorders, including Borrelia and co-infections that most of you are familiar with, but also the many other infections which many Lyme sufferers carry (often unknown). I had not heard of many of the other co-infections/pathogens that the KMT addresses (bacteria, viruses, parasites, retroviruses, fungi, mold, etc.). But I knew that I tested positive with ART for many of them and that I had to be treated to eliminate the overgrowth before they were going to take me over completely.

Superimposed on the pain-relieving frequencies are the so-called "microbial inhibition frequencies', which are proprietary harmonious frequency patterns published and obtained from a wide variety of scientific papers and resources.
The frequencies of the KMT are different from the commonly used Rife frequencies in the EM or B3 or other devices.

The energy delivery is very d i f f e r e n t from Rife instruments.

Microcurrent is gentle and non-invasive. The application does not result in killing, but has a rather wide variety of other effects: The current entrains the immune system to recognize the pathogens. The pathogens are inhibited in their metabolic and reproductive activity.
They will quit having babies!!!!!!!!!

The selected wave lengths increase the medication uptake in the body area where the targeted microbes actually live, not in other unrelated areas.

The instrument also uses pulsed subfrequencies that trigger a specific pathogen and toxic-metal related neurotoxin release. Like any other TENS unit it also modulates the neurotransmitters and creates vasodilation and lymph drainage.

The KMT22 is part of a frequent regimen in our house. Our kids come to borrow it when the flu hits or they sprain an ankle. It is our ready weapon when the mosquito season comes around; though we only have a few, we will not take a chance at taking on any new toxins transmitted by any of these critters
(which is strongly suspected). Our KMT serves as prophylactic and general maintenance and promotion of health.

To me, this device is the best thing that I have encountered during my years of battle.
There are I am sure a few more yet unknown beneficial effects and I will let you know as I keep track of things. Most Klinghardt patients use the instruments.

I have heard that the multiple chemical sensitive people use it successfully. Some use it while soaking in the tub.
Since I am in my 70's when it seems the whole world starts to declare most of us as "demented", I am often using the instrument just in an effort to keep out the cobwebs. I used the Brain Clarity Channel
(#4 of the four channels) the other night while asleep - it runs about 5 hours. When I awoke in the morning, I was able for the first time in the last fifty years to read my wallclock ten feet away without first putting on my glasses!

The little gadget runs (it seems forever) on a 9V battery and thus avoiding any electromagnetic frequency exposure which is detrimental to many Lyme sufferers. The size of the KMT22 is 5.5 x 3.5 x 2 inches.
Dr. K. has treated chronic disease for many years and knows the underlying infections, involved in many diseases, etc. only too well, and has also figured out that unless all are treated, health will not return. All of these pathogens are included in the instrument.

The KMT is always "ready" to be put into action -- when these desperate moments happen where we ask "how much longer" and whine"another few weeks before I can see a doctor again"? Do channels #1, 2, 3, &4, one a day; take a couple of days off and start with #1 again.

It helped us reach our goal - a normal good day every day.
Take care.
If you want to know more, e-mail me or call Nancy at 541-488-6770 of AANT. She knows the different machines very well.

More Notes from Klinghardt Lectures:

Here are some notes that I have taken re KMT that might be interesting for some.

....the healing potential of any
electromagnetic device depends on several things:

one is the amount of voltage used, the amperage used - those are the two parameters that define a current; then it's the wave form.

We know that if you bombard the system with a strong current - if you put a strong current on the skin, the body works like a Faraday cage, that means none of the current is penetrating the body, consequently floats on the outside of the body through the skin into the ground or wherever the person is touching.

The art in microcurrent-technology is how to design a current that actually doesn't flow around the body, but through the body, and then each cell is like a Faraday cage; that means, any current runs on the outside of the cell, but doesn't penetrate into it, and of course the objective with deep healing is that you want to reach inside the cells of the body. To do that, the current has to be very weak, has to be in a biological range (just like when we use our ozone equipment - it has to be in a certain biological range). If the current is too strong, it is deflected by the cell wall. If it has a certain biological range, it will penetrate through the cell wall into the cell and can reach the cell organelles.

And so - there are wave forms where the current rises very sharply and then drops off slowly; then there is a pause, and it rises and it drops - all these currents are pulsed. If you give the body a constant current, the current simply is deflected off the skin, travels in the skin, and just never reaches into any deep tissue. So it needs to be pulsed, and the rise and the pulse decide which part of the cell it is reaching, whether it travels inside the cell or outside the cell.

These are just some basic principles, and so, this machine is unique - it uses the most sophisticated harmonious frequency patterns, four carrier waves, that has these different kinds of pulse raises in it, different kind of amperages, different kinds of voltages, that create a synergistic, harmonious frequency pattern that penetrates the body very easily and reaches the cell organelles.

We know that -- there is a lot of research out now that you can stimulate the mitochondria to create ATP outside the cell;

we know we can sedate the autonomic nervous system, and so forth. So, some of these functions are built in here, but on top of that, the wave patterns are spiked with other wave patterns that are the inhibitory frequencies for these microorganisms.

So it is two things in one. It is stimulating the cell's own health; the normalization and balance in the autonomic nervous system; lymph drainage; increases blood flow in the tissue; and at the same time inhibiting the growth of these microorganisms.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi,

Is there a website that sells these devices? How much do they cost?

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GIGI, what year did Dr K invent this and/or begin marketing this?
Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for efsd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi,

Great Post GIGI! I am trying my new unit out, I like the no- herx aspect of this machine. Thanks for sharing, you have helped so many people

Ernie

Posts: 546 | From Cascadia subduction zone | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suttles
Member # 5984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suttles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GIGI,
I emailed you privately and ask about this and I never heard anything from you .

Suttles

Posts: 67 | From moving soon | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi, I have a TENS unit in my closet. It only uses a few frequencies but can modulate them. It works wonders for pain and I found it alternative to the side effects of Percocet.

Alike Rife, does the KMT allow one to dial in specific frequencies?

Thanks for posting this interesting tid bit.

Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aliyalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi, Is this at all like a bioresonance unit that uses electromagnetism and sound waves? I know you said that it was unlike any other frequency device, but I didn't hear about bioresonance. I have one that pulses and you can use it in the bathtub, as well. Bryan said bior was a fancy name for rife, but sound waves is different from rife and I don't herx from my unit.
Posts: 830 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Answering some of the questions:

Settles, I do not recall getting an e-mail from you. But Nancy/above can answer better than I can.

n the larger unit, the KMT 240, you can dial in your own frequencies. Not in the 22.

The problem with only using a few frequencies is that if they happen to be the right ones for the person, you can get either really really good results or really really bad (herx) reactions. Dr. K. was looking for a unit that could work for everyone, without having a major herx reaction.

The other problem is that your body adapts to frequencies. This means you only can get results for so long with few frequencies. These units deliver tens of thousands of frequencies per second and you can never adapt to them.

The KMT units combine the best of all worlds. You get the frequencies with the benefit of the current to be receiving lymph drainage, cellular repair, tissue regeneration, balancing of the polarity in the cell (when the polarity in the cell is out of balance due to health issue, as the body balancing the cells eliiminate what shouldn't be there--a bug or whatever).

It also delivers the frequencies to the cell. The units measure the individual's skin more than a 1000 times per second adjusting to the skin resistance constantly insuring that the current and frequencies actually get to the cell.

The current stimulates ATP production, which is the stored cellular energy, thereby stimulating the body to heal itself.

Many other frequency units only have Rife settings. The work from Dr. Royal Rife in California in the thirties continued by Hulda Clark's work are "primitive" forerunners of this method. Science has moved on. The KMT's incorporate the most recent research from all around the world. Rife is only a minute part.

You can find a lot of info on microcurrent today. What Dr. K is doing is unique, however.

He has been using these machines in the more present form for almost five years now. He took the best microcurrent technology and added to it.

I asked him at one time long ago to give me a comparison to Hulda's zapper and the KMT. "just like a bicycle and a jet engine" - was his answer."

Re Bioresonance: There are so many instruments around the world called this and called that. If it helps, use it. The KMT22 and KMT240 were developed mainly with Lyme and all the inherent opportunist other infections in mind. We figured out years ago that Lyme will not be cured if you address bacteria only, because most Lyme patients are not only battling the Lyme bacteria, but a host of others, many of which I had never heard of. All of these pathogens are in the program of the KMT technology.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zipzip
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zipzip     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this all sounds like a conveinant soft sell to me.

a representative's phone number, no price for the unit, a personal testimonial. fits the classic bill.

seriously how much does this thing cost 8 grand?

has he ever subjected the machines to any studies vis a vis claims of bioresonance, electric fields, etc?

Posts: 795 | From nyc | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi posted one time that it was around $1200 to $1400.
Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I called Nancy today and the cost of the KMT22 is arond $1400. The KMT240 is $4750.

[This message has been edited by hiker53 (edited 14 April 2005).]

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My TENS was $350, and required an Rx. The insurance comp reimbursed me.
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My tens was 37.00...

and I bought it online.. no prescription required

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

To clarify:

KMT is not a TENS unit as they have been around for many years. I also used TENS in about 1996.

This is how Dr. K. described the KMT technology in his lecture at OHM Lyme Conference recently a few weeks ago:

Quote: "For this aspect of treatment we use pulsed electromagnetic fields (KMT-microbial inhibition frequencies), niacin in high doses (12)herbs, minerals, bee venom (6) and - sometimes - antiparasitic medication and antibiotics.

The KMT microcurrent technology is new and revolutionary(17). The instruments are FDA approved for pain control. Designed by Japanese engineers they use 4 different - but simultaneously applied - high frequency superimposed biological waveforms.

The interference pattern is creating thousands of harmonics which are then manipulated into the specific published microbial inhibition frequencies ( against Bb, mycoplasma etc.) This stealthy microcurrent travels freely through the body reaching every tissue. The instrument measures the skin conductance over a 1000 times/second adjusting the amperage constantly (so that the body never creates habituation/resistance against it). The microbes are inhibited in their metabolic and sexual activity and gradually die out or disappear from the body. The instrument looks not much different than a TENS unit and is applied via 4 electrodes to the skin or used by translating the electric field into a vector force field using signal enhancer technology.

The KMT frequencies are designed to not only interfere with the reproductive mechanism of the microbes and parasites, but also to awaken the immune system, entrain the white cells to recognize the invaders and at the same time help to absorb and shuttle the effective medication to the body compartment, where the infection actually is. Otherwise, most treatment substances given never reach the target in sufficient concentration." End quote.

No TENS as they are known and as they are available for a few dollars does as described. TENS usually work for pain, as I recall, without addressing any microbial invasions. KMT as it stands today is very new. I used the forerunners of it, S21, etc. until the KMT22 came out, which specifically addresses the problems surrounding Lyme Disease, which we all know is not only Lyme and a couple of co-infections. No TENS covers "specific published microbial inhibition frequencies", much less addresses every infection that comes along with Lyme. I wish it did, so that every Lyme sufferer could afford one.

Take care.

[This message has been edited by GiGi (edited 14 April 2005).]

beachcomber
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. Nancy quoted me "around $1500". Not sure why the price isn't posted on the website. Also, the email address goes to no-one. Nancy said Dr. K. doesn't have time to check it. I was hoping for some more information, like any clinical studies. Nancy said I could purchase a video that explains it all for around $35.00.

Am confused as to why any info isn't on the website if it works so well.

Since I can't afford it, I will wait and see if any testimonials come out before hawking my bicycle to pay for it.

Bc

Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ZipZip - totally agree with you.

This is too 'infomercial'-ish for my taste.

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

I have seen all the negative comments by some of you.

Let me clear the air: I don't manufacture the device; I don't sell the device; I don't repair the device; I have no financial interest in the device, either directly or indirectly. I only own one along with many other people. And it works for us and it works for them.

As the saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink".

So continue to do your own thing wherever it leads you.

Best wishes to you.

P.S. I could make the same infomercial on the "Coney Island Hotdog" or on "Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream".........

troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Folks,

Gigi is NOT involved financially with this...stop the conspiracy theories...my gosh, you are being silly.

Trout

------------------
Now is the time in your life to find the "tiger" within.
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
Iowa Lyme Disease Assoc.
www.ildf.info

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachcomber
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Trout and Gigi:

I don't think anyone is saying that Gigi is doing a hard sell of this product. As a matter of fact, I think we can agree that it has helped Gigi and her husband. That is great.

What is puzzling is that Dr. K. has not published any substantiated information on the product, how it works or why it is better. He is simply selling it as the (and I quote one of his staff) "only micro-current equipment with true Lyme frequencies". If that is so then there should be some testimonials and clinical trial studies and a little bit of backup info on his website, at the very least.

I am not saying it doesn't work. I just want to understand why and how it works best for Lyme. The only explanation I got was that Dr. K. bought every Rife and Micro unit available, tried them (on whom?) and developed the one unit that has all the right frequencies. I was also told that Dr. K. is too busy to answer questions and/or publish his research. I understand that. But, some of us just want to know why it is the best because it isn't cheap.

I wouldn't buy anything for $1500 that didn't come with some research that supports the claim that this might work.

I for one am not picking on Gigi. I honestly believe she has benefited profoundly from this and all her other protocols with Dr. K. She is a true success story and a wealth of information. I just think that some of us are skeptical because it is mentioned on a large forum as one of the best treatments for Lyme related pain with only one testimonial to that.

That said, we are all smart enough to know that not everything works the same for everyone. More info on the success & technology of the KMT22 would be helpful in substantiating its success.

One thing that is a plus is that it does have FDA approval and could be covered by insurance because of that. Can we find the research that was submitted to the FDA for that approval? Dr, K's office doesn't offer that, as far as I know.

Gigi: I am very happy that this has helped you so much. That is why I have tried in vain to get more info on it.

Bc

Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good explanation Beachcomber.

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zipzip, BeachComber and Jill,

I am right there with you all.

I have a nephew who is in physics and is going to go on to med school. He just took a test recently that the average test score was a 32--he made a 90! Yes, I'm proud.

this kid had Rocky mountain Spotted Fever and almost died ten years ago so he is open to my problems. He said that a frequency of electricity could not distinguish between a good cell and the bacteria.

If I could find some good web sites that were very scientific I would send them to him--but I can't find anything.

I talked to my dentist a lot about the dental question and he was very supportive and understood were I was coming from...agreed to give me new fillings, but I get no positive feedback on the rife from medical people I talk too...

I am afraid this wont work on my family--money is so tight I need to see a study for the percentage that were helped, but Gigi I am not questioning your veracity--youu have been very helpful to me and helped me with the whole dental question--I just can't spend this kind of money without proof.

If anyone finds any websites please pass them on--I want to get this--I want it to cure my whole family...

I want candy and nuts for Christmas too.

Linda

[This message has been edited by Linda LD (edited 15 April 2005).]

Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marks
Member # 6965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a great thread. I have been researching the KMT22 for a few weeks now myself. I got the video from Nancy and it
is very informative. Dr. K does a great job of explaining how to use it.

I just don't know enough about these types of machines to make an intelligent decision (even after watching the video - I am not electronically minded at all) so I like to rely on feedback from people who have used them also - not just what the person who is selling it says.

If it does everything Dr. K says it does - then it would be well worth the money. As many of you here, I believe Gigi knows her stuff and if she says it worked for her and her husband then I believe that.

I think it is great to question these things and have open discussions.

I have talked to two other people who own the KMT22 and see Dr. K. They both said the same thing - that they couldn't tell much difference YET. One had used it about a dozen times and the other person just said she hadn't had hers long enough to see a difference.

Gigi says that Dr. K nor anyone else can give you a time frame as to how long it will take to get better because everyone is different and this disease requires a multi-faceted approach. The KMT will not be all a person has to do as we all know.

As to how I found two other people to talk to, I asked Nancy at Dr. K's office if there was anyone who would be willing to talk to me about the machine and (after she checked with this person) she gave me the name and number of someone to call. I only got to talk to her briefly but she said the hadn't seen a difference but had only had the machine a short while.

The other person posts on lymenet and I e-mailed him. He said the same thing basically - that he had only used the machine a dozen times or so and couldn't tell much difference. Of course he is also doing Dr. K's other protocol specifically
for him based on ART.

This is a lot of money to spend. I, like many of you have wasted money on many types of treatments, drs., tests, alternatives, etc.

SO, I think we should pursue this and try to find out all we can about this machine.

If I order one, I will post here often to let everyone know how it does for me. Anyone else please do the same.

Posts: 74 | From MS | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

It is hard to know what to do in such situations, especially when you do not have the money to waste, in case it does not work.

I was looking into rife machines. I have been told that the rife machines are great BUT have been emailed by many others who tell me that it was a total waste of their money and time.

My husband is very analytical. He works with computer, microchips, circuitboards, motherboards, security networking for the govt, etc. He can fix everything on any car, including engine, audio, transy, etc. The guy can do everything right the very first time w/out directions. It is a gift he has.

He has been researching this and the rife machine. He does not believe it will work (either one). He could even make it himself if he had the time. His techy nerd friends also do not think it will work.

He also could not find enough 'real' research to prove otherwise...

Sooooooooooooooo, I don't know what to think.

I used to think that magnets were a waste, until a coworker let me try a Nikken pad. Cut my backache by 1/2. Still wouldn't believe it if I hadn't tried it myself.

[This message has been edited by JillF (edited 15 April 2005).]

GiGi
Member # 259

Kindly refrain from insults or accusations of any sort. If what I post brings forth some of the typical negative Lyme reactions, that makes you want to punch me, you yourself most of all do not benefit. So just scroll by. For the rest of you who are interested in the microcurrent/KMT technology, here is just some of the info I have in my stacks of files on the subject.
Disagreement, yes. But insulting me as a person and my integrity, no.

"MICROCURRENT THERAPY - AN OVERVIEW

Excerpts from the following articles: Microcurrent Therapy- What Is It All About? published in the Cramer First Aider, Volume 62, Number 1; Microcurrent Therapy- Part II published in the Cramer First Aider, Volume 62, Number 2; and "MicrocurrentTherapy- Does Polarity Make a Difference?" published in the Cramer First Aider, Volume 63, Number 3. Authored by Linda Manley Teahen M.Ed., A.T.,C., P.T.A.

Electrotherapy has truly become revolutionized in the past fifteen years. Clinicians have begun to change their philosophy from the more stimulation, the better, to lesser is better, or, it is more effective to whisper to the cells rather than to shout, as we have in the past. This new philosophy of electrotherapy, at low-voltage, pulsed micro amperage levels, is referred to as Microcurrent Electrical Neural Stimulation. .

Microcurrent is a subtle but very powerful current. The treatment levels are usual1y sub.sensory (below the level of sensation). Researchers believe that the effects expected to occur are at the electrochemical level within the body's tissues; literally at the cellular level. More often than not, the patient will not feel the current to achieve desired results as many patients have been programmed in the past. The "no pain, no gain" theory, is not true for Microcurrent Therapy. At most, the patient may feel a slight tingling or warmth in the treatment area.

_Because the current is often not felt during treatment, it is sometimes an obstacle in convincing patients that treatment is actually occurring. Patients must be reassured that even though they may be used to a muscle contraction, that this modality is a different type of current with far different physiological effects.

In comparing Microamperage to Milliamperage, Microamperage is a much smaller current;

1 Microamp (uA) = 1/1000 of a Milljamp (inA)
or
1000 Microamps = 1 Milliamp

Milliamperage current as you know is traditional1y used in electrotherapy modalities such as EGS and TENS. Milliamperage can produce a muscle contraction, whereas Microamperage current density cannot excite motor nerves and therefore cannot produce a muscle contraction.

There are several theories and hypothesis as to how Microcurrent works. Researchers in biological electricity and regeneration such as Dr. Robert O. Becker and Dr. Bjorn Nordenstrom have indicated that Microcurrent may have the ability to stimulate the healing process as wel1 as aid in pain control. Dr. Becker has authored two books, " The Body Electric" and "Cross Currents". These books discuss electrical currents in the body as well as in the environment and its effect on living tissue in the human body.

One of the most widely used studies on Microcurrent amperage is by Ngok Cheng, MD entitled "The Effects Of Electric Current On A TP Generation, Protein Synthesis and Membrane Transport in Rat Skin." This study, conducted in Louvain, Belgium produced some very interesting results which appear to be applicable to the Arndt-Schultz Law, the underlying theoretical concept of low-volt pulsed Microamperage Therapy.

Arndt-Schultz Law states: "Weak stimuli increase physiological activity and very strong stimuli inhibit or abolish physiological activity. II

The results of this study showed the following:

"Electrostimu/ation of the tissue resulted in remarkably increased ATP concentrations. With currents from 50 uA to 1000 uA, the A TP levels were increased threefold to fivefold. With currents from 100 uA to 500 uA, the stimulatory effects were similar. With currents exceeding 1000 uA, the ATP concentration leveled, and with 5000 uA, they even were reduced slightly as compared with the non-treated controls.

Similar effects were also noted in regard to protein synthesis. At about 500 microamps, there is a tremendous enhancement but when you get over 5000 microamps (5 milliamps), the trend reverses into suppression.

This does not mean that other previous forms of electrotherapy are not effective, but it does indicate that if we are looking for results beyond those of pain relief, for example, stimulation of the healing process, then perhaps we must look deeper into Microamperage stimulation and its clinical efficacy.

The following is a simpl.ified explanation of the cell physiology of muscle trauma and the potential effects of applying Microcurrent to the area:

When a muscle sustains a trauma, it goes into spasm as a protective response. Muscle spasms decrease the blood supply to the area, which reduces the amount of oxygen and foodstuffs that are able to reach the cells. In addition, metabolic by-products accumulate because muscle spasm results from tonic activity.

Therefore, trauma to a muscle decreases A TP, disrupts the sodium pump, and increases metabolic wastes. All of these events are perceived by an individual as pain. When A TP is replenished in the injured tissues, the membrane active transport is increased, thus allowing the intracellular flow of nutrients and the extracellular flow of waste materials. This process allows the emergence of healthy tissue. A TP also provides the energy source that tissues need to build proteins. MICROCURRENT therefore, initiates the healing process by replenishing A TP, increasing the membrane transport of ions, and facilitating protein synthesis.

It had been observed by Galvani in 1792 that injured tissues generate electrical currents that differ from those of healthy cells. It is also known now that electricity plays a vital role in cellular function. By altering the internal electrical signals with an external electronic microcurrent, it may be possible to regulate the growth, development, and repair of injured tissues.! By adding artificial external microstimulation that is similar to the body's physiologic electrical currents, the body's homeostatic mechanism can be facilitated, thus setting the stage for healing and recovery.

According to Dr. Robert O. Becker, in a healthy state, the body is normally polarized relatively electropositive along the spinal axis and relatively electronegative distally. This polarity is reversed in hypnosis, during anesthesia and following an injury which creates a positive potential at the site of trauma and iniury, which reverses the normal polarity in the body. As Dr. Becker speculates, this sets up a current of injury which initiates and signals the beginning of tissue repair and regeneration. Dr. Becker believes that this current of injury is conducted by means of direct current signals conducted throughout the Schwann cell and Glial cell sheath surrounding neurons. He also speculates that so-called acupuncture points may actually be amplifiers along this d.c. system compensating for downstream signal damping as the signal diminishes in strength as it proceeds distally, and thus perhaps the stimulation at these acupuncture points is a means o(amplifying these bioelectric signals which can in turn enhance the signaling of tissue repair and regeneration.

There are many books, articles and studies that have become available to clinicians for further explanation of the theories behind the application of Microcurrents. A bibliography can be found at the end of this book to assist you in locating additional Microcurrent studies and abstracts.

GENERAL CLINICAL INDICATIONS

Microcurrent instruments are FDA approved for marketing as a Class II device in contrast to a Class III device which is experimental. Microamperage is approved under two categories: both as a transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation device as well as an electronic muscle stimulator.

MICROCURRENT THERAPY HAS BEEN USED TO TREAT THE FOLLOWING:
Chronic and acute pain, swelling, musculoskeletal dysfunctions, soft tissue injuries, synovitis, arthritis, fractures, disc disease, neuropathies, temporalmandibular joint dysfunction, intractable pain syndromes, wound healing and post-operative care.

GENERAL CLINICAL CONTRAINDICATIONS

The Food and Drug Administration restricts its use for pregnant women and should not be used in individuals with demand-type cardiac pacemakers. It is not recommended for use with wound infections, through malignant (cancer) or benign tumors, through the eyeball, through the carotid sinuses, or on pain syndromes that are undiagnosed until the etiology has been established."

The information available to day is unlimited.

From me personally, the exception to KMT22 is that it most of all addresses Lyme and all the hundreds of co-problems - If you think Lyme is only BB and a couple of co-infections, you might want to think again. I have my doubts about anybody getting well with that approach. I have not met that person yet.

Take care.

[This message has been edited by GiGi (edited 15 April 2005).]

notime2work
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notime2work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was also unable to find any results-based information on the KMT. IMHO, I would be hesitant to purchase a machine that you are not able to program frequencies into. I understand what the theory is behind the KMT, but a machine that is programmable is much more versatile.

I have been using the GB4000/Amp for 3 months without abx, and am feeling wonderful. It has been a blessing for to be med-free.

Posts: 142 | From Flyover Country | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bobdavis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobdavis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JillF,
I was a geek before the word was invented. I started fixing computers back in 1975. When someone first showed me some info on electronic treatment devices I almost laughed.

Then later, out of despiration I made every device I could get the plans to. After testing them on myself I concluded that the magnetic devices do work. I have been off antibiotics over 2 years by using PEMF (Pulsed Electromagnetic field) devices.

These PEMF devices are FDA approved for broken bones but they have also been proven effective on arthritis and migraines.

The real problem is the frequency, and the power level. Millions of studies have not found one frequency or power level to be better than another.

NASA even did a study and I think they used 8 Hz to quadruple the rate of growth of nerve cells.

Posts: 499 | From Western NY | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heyyy...what if people from the same areas got together and chipped in? We could swap off. Just a thought. I kind of believe GiGi, but I can't afford it.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Bacteria need to divide rapidly in order to thrive in new niches. Each failed division is a lost doubling.

Even if E. coli avoids guillotining its DNA, it must avoid wasteful minicell division that occurs when division occurs at the ends of the bacterium.

The bacterium must manage this division accurately but without wasted energy. It manages to do this with a reaction-diffusion system of three proteins --- a persistent oscillation of proteins is observed.

We've captured this phenomenology in a quantitative model. The images to the left represent two proteins that coherently oscillate from end to end of a two micron long bacterium to determine where the bacterium divides. The blue protein is MinD, which with another protein MinC suppress division.

The red protein is MinE, and it keeps the MinD away from the center of the bacterium. The bacterium then divides in the middle. Shown are 4 periods of oscillation."

http://www.physics.dal.ca/~adr/

(Click on "research")

Specific frequencies can disrupt the oscillation and thus the bacteria can't divide (multiply).

Just as strobe lights...another "stronger" form of electromagnetic energy (light)... disrupts calcium channels and can cause seizures in some people(the treatment is to open more "reactive" sodium channels via Depakote, for example).

We are very "electromagnetic" and so are the pathogens.

Without sunlight (a small part of the electromagnetic spectrum) all life would cease to exist.

There is validity in these therapies once you understand HOW this is possible.

Microwave ovens work on frequencies to heat food and in doing so, also destroy pathogens (as well as deplete minerals).

To preserve minerals, we normally add a little salt to water when we boil (heat) our vegetables...this conserves the "lower" reactive minerals...Ca, Mg...etc.

There is a "reactivity" to the various minerals...which one will react with acids (neg. charges) first to produce hydrogen...maintain our pH. Lithium, potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium...and so forth. (Calcium is the most abundant.)

To make hydrogen, we need a lot of acids reacting with a little mineral/glycogen. Then we have to get that hydrogen INTO the cells. Hydrogen is ONE of the things needed to make ATP.

Keep an open mind. There is indeed science behind all of these "new" therapies.

High powered pulsed frequencies are used to shatter kidney (calcium...whoa, hard!) stones.

Listening to Mozart causes dopamine release. Documented.

Amazing.

Too many neg. charges = problems.

After Chernobyl, Russians gave the kids spirulina. Think about WHY. Restore the balance (of the minerals).

It's all a matter of degree and replacing the electrolytes that maybe destroyed in the process.

Phototherapy (light therapy) is now in the experimental stage as a cancer tumor adjunct treatment.

Far infrared is now used (approved) for treatment for cerebral palsy (to relax the muscles).

Light therapy is "gentler" than hitting a tumor with radiation and more targeted than making the entire body toxic with chemotherapy.

Frequencies are even more "gentle"...from an electromagnetic standpoint (if you look at the entire electromagnetic spectrum).

Directly targeting an infection or a tumor is much safer, IMO.

I know this is all so hard to believe. So much is being discovered so fast.

The treatments of the future are going to be entirely different than what we use today.

Years ago, to treat TB, persons were sent to sanitariums to be exposed to sunlight to cure this devastating disease.

History has a way of repeating itself as we now understand HOW these treatments can possibly work.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for break the chains   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tailz:
Heyyy...what if people from the same areas got together and chipped in? We could swap off. Just a thought. I kind of believe GiGi, but I can't afford it.

We've got an exta refurbished KMT24 we've been trying to get rid of. I am lowering the asking price to $850 because I want the new owner to have a decent amount of time still waranty. If anyone has any questions or anything let me know.

Brett

Posts: 245 | From connecticut, the lyme state | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2mag
Member # 10153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2mag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi everyone,

just a quick thought --- that we can all use

lots of fish in the sea- different fins for different folks
so pick and choose what works for you

My opinion - the spirocytes are picking on each one of us internally -- big time ----
so how about not picking on GiGi ----
and by the way thank you GiGi

takes some guts to expound on the disatrous situation that we encounter with the bugs

just an opinion
you can scroll by and say thanks
2 mag

Posts: 20 | From Northern California | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement