LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone using Benicar along with antiboitics?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone using Benicar along with antiboitics?
luvmycat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvmycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was reading in the new Lyme and Rife book that's out about Benicar making the antibiotics more effective. It was a very interesting article. I was wondering if anyone was using this along with their antibiotics without the doing the full Marshall Protocol (becoming a cave dweller).

Carol

Posts: 268 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lla2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 2364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lla2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I"m not sure I agree with benicar in the first place..here's what the FDA says about it with regard to long term use:

WARNING: www.marshallprotocol.com advocates dosages higher than the FDA maximum recommendation. Other drugs in this family have been reported as effective below their FDA maximum recommendation. There is no FDA data on the risks of long term high dosage Benicar. There are long term studies suggesting that it may trigger life threatening Addison Disease.

lisa

[This message has been edited by lla2 (edited 19 April 2005).]

Posts: 4713 | From saunderstown, ri Usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warning

WARNING: www.marshallprotocol.com advocates dosages higher than the FDA maximum recommendation. Other drugs in this family have been reported as effective below their FDA maximum recommendation. There is no FDA data on the risks of long term high dosage Benicar. There are long term studies suggesting that it may trigger life threatening Addison Disease.
Benicar does not cross the blood-brain barrier. CFIDS cognitive issues may persist while physical energy increases significantly.

RisksLink

Protocols

BENICAR PubMed

FDA Pdf

FDA Pdf2

[This message has been edited by treepatrol (edited 19 April 2005).]

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on pulsed abx since 8-04:

3 days of biaxin 1000 mg/daily for 3 days; 2 days off;

3 days of doxycycline 200 mg/daily for 3 days; 2 days off;

benicar of 20 mg day since 9-04 with above

benicar increased to 40 mg day since either 1-2 05.....

Bettyg, Iowa

I'm NOT on MP....never have been.

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on pulsed abx since 8-04:

3 days of biaxin 1000 mg/daily for 3 days; 2 days off;

3 days of doxycycline 200 mg/daily for 3 days; 2 days off;

benicar of 20 mg day since 9-04 with above

benicar increased to 40 mg day since either 1-2 05.....

Bettyg, Iowa

I'm NOT on MP....never have been.

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another thing that apparently helps antibiotics to work better against bacteria is Serrapeptase.
http://smart-nutrition.net/serrapeptase-research.htm

If you do a google search for "serrapeptase, antibiotics" you'll find alot of information.

Hope this helps.
Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
billclo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for billclo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on a combination of Benicar (initially ramped up to 40mg/day, then my doc increased it to 80mg/day), Cefzil, Tindmax, and Vit-D3 supplementation for 8 months now, and it's shown good results.

My doc uses the 25-Hydroxy levels to judge how much inflammation is present in the body. The 1.25+25-hydroxy levels were always "normal"; we saw no real change at all, despite very little sun exposure on my part (had a close call with melanoma and have to stay out of the sun).

I started treatment with a 17 score, 32 minimum desired. After 7 months, it went up to a 55, and my CD-57 scores are still rising. It appears that I don't have much/any inflammation/Lyme in my body left as far as we can tell.

It'll be a watchful waiting time to see if the Lyme comes back; hopefully not.

Posts: 131 | From PA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buckfever
Member # 9876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buckfever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on benicar for blood pressure for almost 3 years . When I showed my pcp the info about the marshall protocall, she upped it from 20mgs /day to 40mg/day.

My blood pressure has never been this good.120 over 75. As far as it helping the lyme and babs treatment I really don't know.

It seams like there's conflicting information on every drug,suppliment ,food , exersise, sun exposure, etc etc ! I think one has to be a genuine genious to know all the facts! [confused]

Posts: 97 | From West Chester ,Pa. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carol in PA:
Another thing that apparently helps antibiotics to work better against bacteria is Serrapeptase.

and heparin

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenin98
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenin98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my doc is giving me benicar with the mino.
I only take 2.5 mg 2x day. It is supposed to help with the inflamation. My llmd says I need to take 2000 units of vit D (disagress with the MP on that subject). I am waiting for the blood work to come back to see if I am low on Vit D.
Jenin

Posts: 455 | From Maryland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement