LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Hot Sauna, Advil help symtoms.. Make any sence?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hot Sauna, Advil help symtoms.. Make any sence?
tom63376
Member # 7220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom63376     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some guesses and I wanted to ask to
see if they make any sence. Feel free to
comment whether this make sense to you or
is just a co-incidece.

Hot Sauna - Helps with Fatigue
For me, once I sweat a bit my joints
loosen up, the pain goes down, and I
feel less fatigue for the rest of the
day.

Ibuprophen - A miracle worker for me.
a steady diet of 3 a day seems to help
cut down the flu feeling. (for me)

Lifting Weights - Helps with Brain fog
Also helps me with a fatigue. I can
only do a little bit before I tire out
but it seems to help.

Treadmill (30 mins light jog) - Death!
I'm wiped out for the rest of the day
and feel like sleeping for a year.

Sugar/Bread/Beer/Wine - Death for me
Makes all my symtoms worse. Seems
to increase the swelling feeling.

Sun - brings on fatigue for me. I need
to limit my time outside.

Damp days - Symtoms become 5x worse.

Let me know what you think..

Posts: 57 | From St. Peters, Mo | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amyb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amyb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am pretty new here so i am SURE more intelligent people will be by but:

hot sauna reminds me of ozone therapy

i have never really tried it...i went to an "llmd" that swore by it ( right jodie )

my sister swore he had a hidden camera in that room

anyway...i waitress along with my full time job and i swear my muscles feel better when they are active then when i am sitting at a desk all day....

sugar is bound to make you feel worse..yeast...all the GOOD stuff is a no-no....

by the way.....question while i am rambling....does any see a problem with hot pepper ...like should i stop eating them???..i love them....should i worry since abx is already hard on the belly???

sun either makes me tired or i get a rash or creppies under the skin....

damp days are like being old with arthritis
all my joints and symptoms multiply..i think it is the case with all lyme folks...

hope this makes sense...do i ever

amyb

------------------
Good friends are like stars... You don't always see them, but you know they are always there!!!

Posts: 362 | From west chester, pa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you aren't taking the ibuprofen on an empty tummy - it can cause problems.

I believe heat kills spirochetes. You probably also release toxins through persipiration in a sauna. Personally, I can't breathe in saunas so I can't speak from experience.

I've started doing Ashtanga or Flow yoga and feel incredible. I try to do it at least 3-4 times a week. I definitely have more pain, particularly in my legs, hips and upper back/shoulders, when I don't do the yoga. It's also given me much more energy and made a good impact on my figure

I stopped straight cardio work, because I found I was getting woozy and tired from it. Dr. B says to stay away from cardio, and focus on light strengthening because cardio gets the spirochettes all worked up. I refused to believe it. But the switch from straight cardio to yoga (which is still some cardio) was incredible.

The sugar and carb thing makes it sound like you may have a yeast overgrowth. Are you on any anti-yeast regimen?

I've always noticed I get tired when I go to the beach. I've had Lyme since I was 12, so I never put 2 and 2 together...

It was damp the other day and I just wanted to cry because everything hurt.

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom63376
Member # 7220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom63376     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I take 1 Ibuprophen as soon as I get
up. Another 2 hours later and then 1 in
the afternoon. It seems to clear me out
of whatever is making me feel that flu-like
feeling. The first 1 is always on an
empty stomach. I notice nothing bad
happening... Just relief...

So what damage is taking 1 on an empty
stomach doing to me ???

Posts: 57 | From St. Peters, Mo | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Advil can cause stomach bleeding. I think it's pretty rare, but you may just want to check with a doctor about it.

I hope I didn't scare you.

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom63376
Member # 7220

If I have stomach bleeding than I wouldn't
even know it. All I know is that without
it i would never get out of bed or leave
the house. I guess it helps remove the
toxins that Lyme creates.

I am also awaiting people to add things
to this list that helps them....

beachcomber
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom:

1 Softgel Advil will get me through 4 hours of working with clients. It has been a life saver. However, it is contraindicated for those with Leaky Gut and Candida. So, please use it cautiously. In excess, it really can cause bad stomach problems, especially if you have yeast overgrowth & it sounds like you do if sugar sends you over the edge.

Ashtanga yoga has also been a life saver for me. When I couldn't walk I got my mobility back with abx and yoga. I try to do it every day to keep my joints working.

I feel crummy for a whole day after a sauna. But, I do believe it is helping to clear out the bugs and yeast.

Massage helps to stimulate my lymphatic system. After an hour massage I am wiped out. But, the next day I generally have more energy.

Bc

PS: Advil on an empty stomach is probably not a good idea. JMHO.

Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hot Sauna - Helps with Fatigue
For me, once I sweat a bit my joints
loosen up, the pain goes down, and I
feel less fatigue for the rest of the
day. ****

Saunas release toxins. SO that does make a lot of sense.

Ibuprophen - A miracle worker for me.
a steady diet of 3 a day seems to help
cut down the flu feeling. (for me)***

Thats an antiinflammatory. Lyme is an inflammatory disease. That makes alot of sense.

Lifting Weights - Helps with Brain fog
Also helps me with a fatigue. I can
only do a little bit before I tire out
but it seems to help.****
Can ALSO release toxins and puts oxygen into ya. Yep, that makes sense too.

Treadmill (30 mins light jog) - Death!
I'm wiped out for the rest of the day
and feel like sleeping for a year.**

maybe a little bit TOO much oxygen

Sugar/Bread/Beer/Wine - Death for me
Makes all my symtoms worse. Seems
to increase the swelling feeling.***

Lyme feeds off sugar. Also, sugar suppress the immune system making it less able to fight. You're still making sense

Sun - brings on fatigue for me. I need
to limit my time outside. ***
Lyme hates heat. It also dies under it.

Damp days - Symtoms become 5x worse.***
Damp=mold=yeast=dampened immune system. Plus, lyme likes to cause Multiple Chemical Sensitivities. Yeup! You made all kinds of sense.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jellybelly
Member # 7142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jellybelly   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if this is typical of Lymies then I'm not on the right track. Saunas and jacuzzis have made me feel terible. Nausea, fatigue, achey. I have come to suspect that this has been a herx.

As far as Advil, 1-3 a day would have done nothing for me. I used to take 14 a day just to cut the edge. I know, I know, really bad. There were no other options 15 years ago. I am happy to say that now, just 2 Advil take down pain like they should.

Cardio, always made me really wiped out. Felt really stupid trying to do jazzersize. Such brain fog, I could never figure out what the class was doing. I always stood in the back so no one could see me. I HATED it when everyone turned and I was then in the front.

I haven't seen a correlationm with the sun, It could be though.

When I am in a slump I do notice sugar can give me an instant headache.

I used to live where it is damp, lots of mold. I moved 6 months ago to a very dry place and I do feel much better.

Posts: 1251 | From california | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Other things that help me are:

Yoga, 3-4 times a week. I feel it releases toxins in my system, uses all my muscles and joints, and builds strenght.

Increased protein. I was a vegetarian for 14 years (I started about the same time my Lyme symptoms started...oddly enough). I began to eat meat again for the anti-yeast diet. I actually believe the increased protein helped me build muscle and helped my muscle and soft tissue heal.

Law school. Call me crazy, but starting an evening law school program was the best thing I could've done for Lyme. It got my mind off of it. So anything you can do that you enjoy that keeps you from thinking about Lyme is good.

For foot pain, I use elastic ankle braces and shoe inserts. And advil

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement