LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I haven't heard about xango juice lately

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I haven't heard about xango juice lately
HEATHERKISS
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6789

Icon 5 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone on xango,

So all the people that tried the juice whats the story?

does it taste ok?

do you feel any improvements?

It's an expensive purchase for me............

Heather

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WEll, I TRY to behave myself over here!

It's worth every dang penny ... not expensive when it gives you your life back!

Tastes wonderful! Wish I could drink the whole bottle at once!

If someone says it didn't work for them .... ask them how long they took it and at what dosage. Many people don't give it enough time, and are too cheap to take enough of it to do any good.

Lymies are tough nuts to crack! [me included!]

I couldn't afford to buy my first bottle, but now mine is free. Nice. And if you do it right, it's a legal tax deduction!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigmamma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigmamma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:

I couldn't afford to buy my first bottle, but now mine is free. Nice. And if you do it right, it's a legal tax deduction!

Yours is free because you sell it, right? How is it a legal tax deduction?

Posts: 199 | From here | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz28
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is xango the same thing as mangosteen?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walnut
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6585

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walnut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is Xango juice? What are the ingredients? What is it used for?
Posts: 187 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys,

I've posted the name of this stuff before, but did not want to advertise a product within this support forum. I would say that a bottle is approx $40. I've signed up as a distributor and that takes about $15 off a case of 4 or a total of $105 for 4 bottles.

You do a shot glass worth in the am, depending upon your personal fluctuations with immune system. You can do another shot or 2 at night.

I would say that I noticed almost like an entire cleansing. My skin looked better and I felt improvement in my energy level.

The ingredient is mangosteen. Not just the juice. "it is a whole fruit puree, utilizing the pericarp as well as the pulp of the tropical fruit. Delivers the benefits of Alpha Manostin and Gamma Mangostin, the xanthones that have proven to be so rich in life enhancing qualities. " Xanthones have positive effects on nearly all the body's systems. from increased energy to protection from free radical damage, xanthones deliver a wide range of benefits."

Posts: 519 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bigmamma:
Yours is free because you sell it, right? How is it a legal tax deduction?

Not everyone who sells it gets it free. It depends upon how many people you share it with.

Lengthy explanation on question 2. Feel free to email me for the explanation. It truly is legal. Part of doing business.

Word of caution to those interested. Don't buy just "any" mangosteen juice. All are NOT created equal. Get the real thing!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time for me to chime in...been involved with Xango since July of last year ...thanks to Tutu.

It has done wondeful things for the many people that have taken it correctly, ie; at the right dose, frequency and length of time. (Just like Tutu said)

I haven't had anyone NOT feel results that have taken this product CORRECTLY.

Lymies have experienced pain relief, increased herxes, body cleansing, (my liver titers improved SO much that I no longer take Milk Thistle), reduced cholesterol, better sleep, clearer thinking, NO more depression, etc, etc....the list is lengthy.

The best thing about it is this.....the LONGER my customers/distributers take the product....the more benefits they receive.

In fact....after being on it for 5 months...my wifes hot flashes disappeared, her thyroid started working right, and her peripheral neuropathy disappeared....just recently...she stopped SNORING. I asked a Chiro about this...he said it made sense considering the fact that studies show that the Xanthones have anti-inflammatory properties and inflammation of the cranial nerve that goes to the soft palate is implicated in some snoring.

Also.........BUY the correct one..not a copy cat. Folks...it makes a HUGE difference in quality...you truly get what you pay for with this product.

Xango, LLC has a 20 year patent on the use of the Xanthones contained in the outer rind...called a pericarp...in the US...they have all the copy cats in court for violations of this Copywrite...important to know when considering your source for this wonderful supplement. Why? Going with a copy cat and then losing it as a source when they are shut down by THE LAW...is important.

I invite you to visit my website;
www.iowamangosteen.com www.researchmangosteen.com www.mangosteenmd.com

I don't feel guilty telling you about this product because I sell it..I was para;yzed from the neck on down at one time from Lyme...so to implicate that talking about something such as Pharmanex, Trivita, Shackley, Miracle II soap, etc is immoral is rediculous.

Those of us that have found things that help ourselves and other Lymies have suffered just like you.

We are trust worthy and have no reason to "pull one over on you".

Sincerely;

Trout

------------------
Now is the time in your life to find the "tiger" within.
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
Iowa Lyme Disease Assoc. www.ildf.info

[This message has been edited by troutscout (edited 30 April 2005).]

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is some more info

Xango is Systemic
Healthy people and those who are not healthy take vitamins every day because they want to STAY healthy. Consider taking mangosteen juice regularly like you would any vitamin. Actually you can take your vitamin(s) with mangosteen juice as part of your health routine. Vitamins are taken regularly over time by millions of people and are a multi-billion dollar business.

The AMA endorses the benefits of taking vitamins; they issued an article in their monthly publication last year in 2003 stating that all Americans are encouraged to take a multi-vitamin. The benefits of taking vitamins and supplements are cumulative; think of plant food -- as the plant is fed you don't expect a bloom in the next 10 minutes or the next day or even next week.

This holds true for the human body as well concerning the xanthone phytonutrients found in mangosteen juice. As these powerful molecules get into the cellular level of our different systems we begin to balance those systems out. Xanthones are like tiny ``keys'' that unlock changes at the cellular level. The molecular structure of a xanthone is actually very thin which allows it to easily penetrate cellular walls and create changes on an intra-cellular basis. This characteristic of being thin as well as very stable is what enables xanthones to benefit us on the cellular level. Xanthones are just like small cellular keys. Intra-cellular changes take time versus those effects that can be felt right away.

There are actually various types of health levels in the human body: homeostasis = balance and optimum health; acute health issues = are those that come on suddenly; then there are chronic health issues that took time to build and will take time to correct and balance back to better health. We can think of a sort throat as an acute situation.

I have experienced multiple times myself as well as seen with others that mangosteen's anti-bacterial qualities have impacted a bacterial sore throat in a matter of a few hours. Also, certain types of headaches are reduced in intensity and/or are permanently eliminated by intake of mangosteen juice. Chronic migraines, however, which are repeatedly triggered again and again due to systemic patterns at the cellular level require more time for the xanthones to do their beneficial work at the cellular level; much like ``Miracle Grow'' takes time to create results in the foliage and blooms of plants. Bottom line: Give it 90 days of staying on the product time enough to get into all the body's systems.

Independent Lab Abstracts;

Inflammation

Inhibition of cycloNakatani K, Nakahata N, Arakawa T, Yasuda H, Ohizumi Y.
oxygenase and prostaglandin E2 synthesis
by gamma-mangostin,a xanthone derivative in mangosteen, in
C6 rat glioma cells.
Biochem Pharmacol. 2002 Jan 1;63(1):73-9.
PMID: 11754876 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Inhibition of cyclooxygenase and prostaglandin E2 synthesis by gamma-mangostin, a xanthone derivative in mangosteen, in C6 rat glioma cells.
Nakatani K, Nakahata N, Arakawa T, Yasuda H, Ohizumi Y.
Department of Pharmaceutical Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba-ku, 980-8578, Sendai, Japan.
The fruit hull of mangosteen, Garcinia mangostana L., has been used for many years as a medicine for treatment of skin infection, wounds, and diarrhea in Southeast Asia. In the present study, we examined the effect of gamma-mangostin, a tetraoxygenated diprenylated xanthone contained in mangosteen, on arachidonic acid (AA) cascade in C6 rat glioma cells. gamma-Mangostin had a potent inhibitory activity of prostaglandin E2 ( PGE2) release induced by A23187, a Ca2+ ionophore. The inhibition was concentration-dependent, with the IC50 value of about 5 microM. gamma-Mangostin had no inhibitory effect on A23187-induced phosphorylation of p42/p44 extracellular signal regulated kinase/mitogen-activated protein kinase or on the liberation of [14C]-AA from the cells labeled with [14C]-AA. However, gamma-mangostin concentration-dependently inhibited the conversion of AA to PGE2 in microsomal preparations, showing its possible inhibition of cyclooxygenase (COX). In enzyme assay in vitro, gamma-mangostin inhibited the activities of both constitutive COX (COX-1) and inducible COX (COX-2) in a concentration-dependent manner, with the IC50 values of about 0.8 and 2 microM, respectively. Lineweaver-Burk plot analysis indicated that gamma-mangostin competitively inhibited the activities of both COX-1 and -2. This study is a first demonstration that gamma-mangostin, a xanthone derivative, directly inhibits COX activity.
PMID: 11754876 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Anti-Bacterial

16: Iinuma M, Tosa H, Tanaka T, Asai F, Kobayashi Y, Shimano R, Miyauchi K.
Antibacterial activity of xanthones from guttiferaeous plants against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
J Pharm Pharmacol. 1996 Aug;48(8):861-5.
PMID: 8887739 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Antibacterial activity of xanthones from guttiferaeous plants against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
Iinuma M, Tosa H, Tanaka T, Asai F, Kobayashi Y, Shimano R, Miyauchi K.
Department of Pharmacognosy, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Japan.
Extracts of Garcinia mangostana (Guttiferae) showing inhibitory effects against the growth of S. aureus NIHJ 209p were fractionated according to guidance obtained from bioassay and some of the components with activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) were characterized. One active isolate, alpha-mangostin, a xanthone derivative, had a minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) of 1.57-12.5 micrograms mL-1. Other related xanthones were also examined to determine their anti-MRSA activity. Rubraxanthone, which was isolated from Garcinia dioica and has a structure similar to that of alpha-mangostin, had the highest activity against staphylococcal strains (MIC = 0.31-1.25 micrograms mL-1), an activity which was greater than that of the antibiotic vancomycin (3.13-6.25 micrograms mL-1). The inhibitory effect against strains of MRSA of two of the compounds when used in conjunction with other antibiotics was also studied. The anti-MRSA activity of alpha-mangostin was clearly increased by the presence of vancomycin; this behaviour was not observed for rubraxanthone. The strong in-vitro antibacterial activity of xanthone derivatives against both methicillin-resistant and methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus suggests the compounds might find wide pharmaceutical use.
PMID: 8887739 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

[This message has been edited by troutscout (edited 30 April 2005).]

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 5 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Troutscout,

You said, "I haven't had anyone NOT feel results that have taken this product CORRECTLY."

What is the correct procedure? amount of time?

Heather

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Was your wife hyper or hypothyroid?
troutscout
Member # 3121

Hypo

She was on 7 meds a day last July...now only 3....saves us ALOT of money.

Kent

HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought hypo thyroid was irreversable. I thought if you were hypo essentially the thyroid is dead. Something dead can't come alive.
troutscout
Member # 3121

As to the correct way to take this product...it all depends on your own personal "Health Deficit".

Your body will determine how long and at what dose...you just have to use common sense in finding that dose, and frequency.

Here is a copy of a handout that I have developed with my group of Customers/Distributors..I update it as I get more "feedback from the field."

How Much Mangosteen Should I take?*

Will I feel its effects immediately?

Probably not. Modern medicine has invented some very potent prescription drugs, and in
most cases the Medical Doctor won't expect to see results in the first 3 to 6 weeks, so you
should in all sense approach the use of a natural substance in the manner. However, we have
had some amazing results happen almost immediately with only 1 ounce daily. Both Dr Sam
Walters, NMD and Dr FJ Templeman, MD agree that depending on the severity and length of the
illness up to the point that you start supplementing with Mangosteen will determine how soon its
effects will be noticed. For many it has been the first bottle, with others it may take 2 or 3 bottles,
yet for some it may take a period of 2 to 3 months...and then they have a profound improvement.
(Distributors have a 60 day money back guarantee on their first order!)

Hints for taking the Mangosteen Properly;
>The Xanthones come from the rind, and this settles in the bottle every time it sits still...so shake
moderately before taking.

>Xanthones are fat soluble, therefore it is best to take Mangosteen just before you eat a meal or snack.

> Xanthones have shown a half life of 4 to 6 hours; so if you have an acute, or chronic problem you may
need to take Mangosteen 2 to 3 times a day in larger amounts to allow your body to put this natural
food to work most effectively.

How much should I start taking?

1) Regular maintenance- This is for a normally healthy person, one ounce with breakfast.

2) Short Loading dose schedule.
Many will do a short loading dose to get the Xanthones built up in the system,
and then titer it down to find their individual daily minimum maintenance dose.
Meal Dose Dose Dose Dose Dose Dose Dose
Breakfast 1 3 2 2 1 1/2 1 1/2 1 1/2
Lunch 2 2 2 1 1/2 1 1/2 1 1/2
Dinner (You may take a Dinner dose if you have severe acute problems or severe chronic
Problems.)

After the initial seven days you may adjust the dose and time down as you feel better.
The goal is to take enough so that you feel the effects and then hold that dose for a while
Occasionally backing it down until you have determined your daily maintenance dose.

3) Chronic Ailments may need higher doses for longer periods of time due to many factors.

What is a healing reaction?
In the world of nutritional medicine and supplementation there may be a short period where
flu like symptoms appear; ranging from diarrhea, headache, or dizziness. This will usually
subside in a few days or a week, however if they persist see your physician.
(There have been very few cases of allergic reaction...ask your Physician for info about allergies.)

*Please keep in mind that your Doctor or nutritionist should be made aware of your FULL supplementation regimen. The above are adapted from the many books printed on the use of Mangosteen and the experience of local Distributors..of which none are physicians, so this should not be taken as medical advice. There are currently no known toxic levels of Mangosteen.

I hope this helps.

Trout

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather, would you also believe that an astigmatism is "forever?"

I would have thought so. I've had an astigmatism for more than 40 yrs.

I no longer have it! The mangosteen "fixed" it.

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

troutscout
Member # 3121

Heather,

That is not necessarily true...it is just under producing hormones....

After listening to Dr Scott Taylor, DVM (free2reckon) explain that there are 2 types of inflammatory responses in the body...my eyes opened and my jaw dropped...there are the following...

1)Immune Response Inflammation
(Chronic or Acute)
2)Endocrine Based Inflammation

I have MANY Diabetics...completely off of their insulin or pills now, too...why? Well...the biggest benefit of the Mangosteen Xanthones...seems to be anti0inflammatory...and in many cases they have linked chronic inflammation to diabetes.
(AS well as breast cancer, prostate cancer, hypothyroid, arthritis, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, etc.)

The link of onflammation to chronic illness was SO strong that Time Magazine had a Cover story based on this emerging information....control the inflammatory response and possibly reduce/irradicate disease of different origins.

Trout

PS....I'm not sure who told you that the Thyroid would be dead..that is certainly not true. (Except in cases where they have irradiated the thyroid to kill it.)

HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 7 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK thanks so much.
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple of questions:

How long does one bottle last?

Is the Xango in the UK same as in US - this link here: http://www.mangosteendrink.co.uk/?fr=overture&OVRAW=mangosteen&OVKEY=mangosteen&OVMTC=standard

Does it interact with any antibiotics or other medications?

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dontlikeliver:
A couple of questions:

How long does one bottle last?

Does it interact with any antibiotics or other medications?

DLL

DLL...I'll check that link in a minute. I know Xango is available in the UK [and 12 other countries]

How long it lasts is very individual. If you took 2 oz a day, that would last 12.5 days.

I would think Lymies would need at least that, depending upon whether or not they have pain, etc. It works great for pain!

It will not negatively interact with any abx....if you are on coumadin you would want to take it for 3 days and then get your levels checked.

My mom is on coumadin and has no problems with it. I know quite a few others who are also taking it with coumadin.

The link you gave is someone's Xango website. It is the same product. Here's my website.

http://www.goformangosteen.com

you might also be interested in reviewing testimonials here: http://www.mangosteenstories.org
Click on "messages"

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

[This message has been edited by Lymetoo (edited 01 May 2005).]

lla2
Member # 2364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lla2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
be careful though,...if you have a problem with preservatives and dyes, this is loaded with it. check out the ingredients before you buy it...

for me i'm allergic to xanthum gum and sodium benzoate as well as some of the dyes in it...can't take it...get severe migraines...

just ask to see all the ingrediants first as it is expensive..I wish I could take it..sounds wonderful!!

Lisa

Posts: 4713 | From saunderstown, ri Usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetutu,

It looks to be the same. I am considering trying it, but as I am currently in the UK, it is not cost effective to order it from anywhere outside the UK as the shipping would be prohibitive, despite the cost of the Xango here being a little higher. (nearly $65 a bottle). For 12 days that's a lot.

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

There are no dyes in this product.

The fruit juices and puree ARE organic.

But yes...there is Xanthum Gum, Sodium Benzoate, pectin, and citric acid.

Trout

troutscout
Member # 3121

just ask to see all the ingrediants first as it is expensive..I wish I could take it..sounds wonderful!!

Lisa[/B][/QUOTE]

Lisa,

I disagree...on expense. Why?

It has REDUCED our prescription/pain killer/supplement costs at our house by OVER
$300 a month.

My children haven't caught half as many colds as their classmates, we now have a social life, (because I can go out now)
I don't go to the Chiropractor half as much.
Our Dental bills are also reduced...my receeding gums have returned after years of chewing tobacco use, etc.

There is a difference between "perceived" and "end-result" cost.

In otherwords....if you buy a Vitamin at a Chain Store vs your local health food store...beware the quality. You may end up having to spend twice as much to get the same benefit...

The change this product have provided for my customers lifestyles is phenomonal. Some are actually back to work ONLY because of this stuff...their words NOT mine.

Trout

dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

As it is a fruit juice/puree, any idea of carb content/poss yeast problems?

DLL

Lymetoo
Member # 743

DLL....I wonder if you'd actually save money by ordering it through me? I could check on that for you.

Trout is absolutely correct about the cost. I have also eliminated several meds and thus spend less.

People on cholesterol lowering drugs can save several hundred dollars a month by using the mangosteen instead. Same with drugs for diabetes, pain, and blood pressure meds. Those are all very expensive!

Hey, I even save money on my contacts now since I only have to use ONE instead of TWO!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by dontlikeliver:
As it is a fruit juice/puree, any idea of carb content/poss yeast problems?

DLL

3 grams of carbs, 2 of that is natural fructose "sugar."

You would only run into yeast problems if you drank alot of it. It's anti-fungal, so that offsets it some.

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

beachcomber
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think someone mis-spoke about the juices being organic. I know that the mangosteen is organic but I am not 100% sure the other juices in Xango are all organic.

Other than that, it tastes good and has helped me slightly with my Bicillin headaches. Might be too soon for me to see a significant difference. My sister says she has more energy while using it. She must be right because I opened my fridge and saw that she had swiped a bottle. :-)

Bc

Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulscha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulscha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have an opinion on the juice, but all of my suspicions are fueled when people say, "Anyone who didn't improve on this didn't use it right."

That is not an honest approach. Calling people "cheap" is not an honest approach. I hope we will see less of that. As it is, my general loathing of multilevel marketing makes the presence of this topic on Lymenet an exercise in trying to make charitable assumptions.

Please folks, if its as great as you all swear you don't need to cast a shadow on people who tried it and said 'nope, I won't be spending a very finite health budget on this stuff.'

"If it didn't help, you didn't do it right thing" is cheap trick number 1 on a certain despicable website I have come to know and loathe. Let's keep that kind of hoo-hah off this site, please!

My two cents (neither of which will be spent on products marketed by berating patients who report poor results).

Posts: 199 | From Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

The truth is paulscha, some don't give it an honest trial. Simple as that. Don't accuse me of character assassination or of being dishonest.

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone who is fructose intolerance may want to avoid this like the plaque.

I use it on my daughter, and it REALLY DOES work. I couldnt take it for a while however. Recently found out that corn and fructose are a HUGE and REAL allergy no no for me.

But it helped my kid, big time.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
24bit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 24bit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paulscha:
I don't have an opinion on the juice, but all of my suspicions are fueled when people say, "Anyone who didn't improve on this didn't use it right."

That is not an honest approach. Calling people "cheap" is not an honest approach. I hope we will see less of that. As it is, my general loathing of multilevel marketing makes the presence of this topic on Lymenet an exercise in trying to make charitable assumptions.

Please folks, if its as great as you all swear you don't need to cast a shadow on people who tried it and said 'nope, I won't be spending a very finite health budget on this stuff.'

"If it didn't help, you didn't do it right thing" is cheap trick number 1 on a certain despicable website I have come to know and loathe. Let's keep that kind of hoo-hah off this site, please!

My two cents (neither of which will be spent on products marketed by berating patients who report poor results).

I can understand your concern about multi-level marketing because I also very much am tired of seeing it in spam emails, commercials about fad diets pills, etc. However, I checked it out and there's documented science behind this product. Forget the empirical evidence we see in people reporting things for just a minute. There's a lot of studies showing how the ingrediants work.

Yes, with any company of this type there's going to be hype, and maybe even a few far reaching claims about what it can do, but in general it's pretty legit as far as I'm concerned....and I'm a pretty skeptical person. Just like any medicine, you have to take it regularly for it to work. A lot of Lyme people are forgetful and don't remember. It's not a personal knock against them, it just happens. But they shouldn't knock it if they didn't do it correctly, and they shouldn't be included in the survey of how people responded on it. That's the point trout was making I think.

I'll be trying it pretty soon and if it doesn't help me any in three months of loyalty I'll say so. I'm just so glad that it's helping even one person. Very cool.

Posts: 600 | From Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

OK....been doing some soul searching. I realized that I was referring to myself when I said some were "cheap." That's what I did when I first got the product.

I didn't take very much because I couldn't afford very much. I finally decided to give it a good honest trial....and lo and behold, the results came rolling in!

I was not referring to anyone here, anyway. Lyme patients aren't cheap. They've been bludgeoned to death by expensive antibiotics and other medical expenses, while ending up without jobs and not qualifying for disability. Not their fault!!

I'm one of the lucky ones. I've been on disability for 11 years. So I know the score when it comes to being without any money.

This product has given me my life back, and I'm not the only one. You haven't seen the "miracles" I've seen over here with this product. That's my opinion. That's all.

2 grams of natural fructose is not much

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

troutscout
Member # 3121

Yes,

COL...you are right.
(IN fact, I had to 'back-off' when my yeast flared up.)

Beachcomber...ALL of the fruit IS organic...that is NOT a misquote.

Paula....stop assassinating MY character....I stand by what I say...
Those that took it correctly....which means, long enough AND in high enough doses.

The science exists...the documentation is there from the past 40 years.

Paula.....don't go after me as if I intend to defraud people of fellow Lymies of their money...this is a group of people I hold dear to my heart....how dare you implicate me otherwise...

Trout

------------------
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
Iowa Lyme Disease Assoc.
www.ildf.info

lla2
Member # 2364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lla2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
being allergic to the sodium benzoate adn xanthum gum as well as corn products makes this a very expensive product for me to order ...yes! iF i SPEND THE MONEY ADN CAN'T USE IT!!

all I was doing was mentioning to people to read the fine print BEFORE they order it in case they too have problems with some of these as well, so as to save them the money..thats all...it's an expensive mistake!

and it's not totally organic by the way if it has preservatives in it...organic products have a much shorter shelf life because it doesnt have preservatives etc in it.....just so you're aware..I know because i have to special order many of my foods because i'm allergic to all preservatives...

just for a little info...but i'm glad there are many out there that can benefit from this

thanks,

lisa

[This message has been edited by lla2 (edited 02 May 2005).]

Posts: 4713 | From saunderstown, ri Usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachcomber
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may be wrong but, I do believe "certified Organic ingredients" does not preclude using some preservatives, especially if they are organic as well.

As for Xango being 100% organic, Trout, I don't see a certification label on the bottle I am holding. As well, the promotional video only mentions mangosteen as beeing harvested organically. I don't recall it making any reference to the other fruits as being organicically grown.

If it is 100% organic, then it whould be a great marketing tool to mention that and label it that way. I eat 99% organic food. The 1% is Xango and when I eat at someone else's home or in a restaurant.

That said, I still think the product is working for many, including my sibling. AND, I ran a 5K race yesterday, crossing the finish line in 44 minutes. That's not Road Runner speed but, I have not had enough energy or muscle to do a race in over 3 years. I do think perhaps the Xango was instrumental in this. Just an opinion - still weighing the benefits.

Bc

Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lla2
Member # 2364

100%organic DOES mean no preservatives ...grown naturally and no pestisides or preservatives to keep it from rotting...I KNOW that for sure..I shop in a totally organic grocery store because of my intolerance to them..and there is not a preservative to be found..even in the toothpaste..!

it means that things rot much much faster, most things have a shelf life of only a few days...but that's the only kinds of htings i can eat...in the regular grocery store even the fruits and veggies are sprayed with preservatives to make them look so pretty adn last so long..same with the salad bars etc...I can't eat any of htat..

so i know that organic means no preservatives AT ALL...had to learn that one the hard way..

but for those of you that it doesn't matter for...this is a great product! Lymetoo has been helped tremendously by it..and tried to get me to try it to help me a long time ago..I wish i could try it...

Lisa

troutscout
Member # 3121

Beach....the BOTTLED product is NOT organic!

I am talking about the fruits as they are GROWN...OBVIOUSLY the marketed product contains sodium bezoate, xanthum gum, pectic and citric acid.

I eat ALL organic food myself.

Reread my posts...I never said that the end product is Organic...I said that the FRUITS used are ORGANIC. Sorry that I didn't go into detail.

The "thrush" I suffer from is NOT caused primarily from the Xango....it is caused by a mechanical problem that pinches the nerves to my thoracic region and causes a condition called; "positional reflux". This has been confirmed by 3 MD's, a Neurologist, and 2 Chiro's.

Lisa....calm down girlfriend...it would be rediculous to ask someone that is actually allergic to something to consume it.

When I speak of the people that didn't take it correctly...I speak of those that are NOT allergic to it...and chose NOT to take it as suggested. It is neither my business nor my fault when THEY make the choice NOT to take it correctly.

I have people that call me after taking it for 6 months...and STILL have things improving. :wow:

remeber....I am also talking about people OTHER than Lymies here...we aren't the only sick people in the world.

There are also healthy people taking this product..I have a slew of nurses taking it.

In fact, next weeek I am slated to speak at a regional Hospital with the staff....about the benefits of this product.

It isn't a cure-all...in fact I don't believe it would cure ANYTHING...it is supposed to enhance your life, and possibly help your health.

I stand by what I say also.

Beach/Lisa...sorry you didn't get what I said...it is OBVIOUSLY not Organic...in fact my family is SO anti-chemical...we drive our extended family nuts.

Trout

PS>>>People that look for fault is others...will always find it.

[This message has been edited by troutscout (edited 02 May 2005).]

hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa,
Many thanks for alerting mr to the preservatives in Xango. I am very allergic to Sodium Benzoate among other things it makes my throat swell and gives me migraines.

A quick glance at the website made me think this "all natural" product might be OK for me but I now know to stay away.
hatsnscarfs

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lla2:
iF i SPEND THE MONEY ADN CAN'T USE IT!!

For the benefit of others. There's a money-back guarantee [which is rarely used.]

Anyway, thanks for everyone's input. At least we all know what we're talking about now!

I also wanted to refer to what Trout said about other people taking this product. 95% of my customers are NOT Lyme patients.

So please, no one take offense. We're just trying to help.

Beachcomber....that's awesome about your running a 5K!! WOW!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

troutscout
Member # 3121

Once again...for the benfit of others...I nEVER said that the end product was Organic!!

I stated that the FRUITS and FRUIT Puree were organically grown.

Please stop implying that I said otherwise...that is very irritating.

I huess the next time I say somehthing about an anti-biotic..I should just post the whole disclaimer about the possible side-affects caused by it.

People...sometimes you would rather shoot the gift horse in the mouth than thank it.

Sorry,
But you can really turn peoples words on them here.

What a shame.

Trout

lla2
Member # 2364

thanks for straightening it out for us trout...sometimes it does get confusing...

as I've said before this has helped many people...and I"m glad that it has helped you as well.

Lisa

troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 12 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lla2:
thanks for straightening it out for us trout...sometimes it does get confusing...

as I've said before this has helped many people...and I"m glad that it has helped you as well.

Lisa

Lisa,

I have always liked you....I appreciate it.

I was just trying to help others...some times people always look for the negative...and don't see where folks such as TuTu and I are coming from.

Have a good one.....

Trout

Cheryl
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I took Xango CORRECTLY and I did not experience a single benefit. I wish I did see the improvement that others have. At least it was tasty.

Cheryl

------------------
Lyme Disease Information By Email:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lymeinfo/
Lyme Disease Information Online:
http://www.lymeinfo.net

Posts: 1547 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Well there we go....

Of course I am referring to my personal customers only.
(90 day commitment)

Sorry it didn't help.

Trout

PS...Did you check your cholesterol levels?

[This message has been edited by troutscout (edited 02 May 2005).]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Cheryl,
As Trout indicated, there were probably benefits you weren't necessarily aware of, such as regulated blood sugar or lowered cholesterol. [these are not guaranteed and are not product claims]

Just wondering, Cheryl.....How long did you take it and how many ounces a day?

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 11 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
W O W !

This is my biggest most contreversal thread. I'm going to try XANGO soon. Maybe next month.

I will follow proper procedure and in 3 months report back. Or maybe I'll do a weekly report.

My husband thinks it's hogwash. But I think Lymetoo and troutscout are tops. My gut says get it.

Maybe it will be the healthiest, tastiest drink ever. I'm going to mix mine with selzer and have a big spritzer. Yum.

Later,
heather

lookin4answers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookin4answers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather, it does taste wonderful by the way!!
Posts: 688 | From SW Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Heather....tell your husband to read the research on my website [ www.goformangosteen.com ] or on www.researchmangosteen.com It's hard to argue with INDEPENDENT research. This research was done before our company was even in existence.

I've heard of Zangeritas ... doesn't interest me, but hey!

testimonials on
www.mangosteenstories.org [click on "messages"]

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

[This message has been edited by Lymetoo (edited 02 May 2005).]

troutscout
Member # 3121

Hey,

Take a bath in it...lol....just kidding.

Trout

------------------
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
Iowa Lyme Disease Assoc.
www.ildf.info

beachcomber
Member # 5320

Icon 12 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,Trout:

Sorry the discussion on "organics" got your britches in a knot. Chill. No harm meant, just wanted to clarfiy for those who thought this product might be all organic. Sometimes statments CAN be misleading and misunderstood. Now we are all clear on the issue.

I like Xango. It tastes good. Not sure yet if it is helping - too soon to tell. It's a big step for me to consume anything that has preservatives in it. I am impressed with how it has helped people I know and you and Lymetoo so, I will give it at least 3 months (organic or not). ;-)

Bc

HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Anyone else try xango?
troutscout
Member # 3121

Beach...sorry, I did get a little testy...wasn't trying to 'rage'.

At least its 'out there'

Say....My cholesterol levels were
December 2004
Total Count 300
LDL(bad) 194
HDL(good) 133(that's correct..very high)
CardioVascular Risk Index Rating 2.25

In April I had this rechecked;
Total Count 240
LDL 112
HDL 130
CardioVascular Rating 1.85

Didn't do ANYTHING but add this product to my diet in November last year.

I have a BUNCH of people with the similar results...not everybody.

I just tell people...you have your OWN Health Deficit to correct...your body will put this where it NEEDS it. It may not be where you want it to go....body your body knows best.

Try it...I think you will like the results.

Trout

snowboarder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6346

Icon 7 posted      Profile for snowboarder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heatherkiss,

My 8 year old who has lyme and I both take it and we are doing so much better. Pain is a lot less and I almost feel normal at times.

I've been on abx for 9 months and am taking a break because of stomach problems.

I'd highly recommend it. If I forgot my daugters dose, she goes to the frig and knows exactly what to take.

Give it a try this stuff really works!

Posts: 738 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krazykt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for krazykt1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does one look for to be sure we buy the "real" mangosteen product and not a look-alike??
Posts: 740 | From BC Canada | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by krazykt1:
What does one look for to be sure we buy the "real" mangosteen product and not a look-alike??

In a word, XANGO Accept nothing less.

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did someone say..Xangorita?

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krazykt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for krazykt1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey thanks lymetoo..I really love simple!!
Posts: 740 | From BC Canada | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

The saying we use in our house..."Get XANGO-fied"....even our kids friends love coming over...and drinking Xango.

Since I can't drink anymore...I do a few shots for a 'relaxer' before meeting with friends, etc.

I just get real COOL baby.

lol

Trout

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement