LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Does anyone have a intrathecal pump for pain management?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone have a intrathecal pump for pain management?
Smokey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1169

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Smokey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone here has a intrathecal pump (implantable, programmable drug infusion system) for their pain and if so how is it working for you?

I will be doing the trial the beginning of June, and if it works they will implant the pump about a week later, please pray the the trial goes well and specifically, it works on my headaches.

Thanks and God Bless
Cindy ><>

------------------

Posts: 906 | From San Francisco Bay | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let us know how you do, Cindy. I would like something like that for my son's (neverstop) headaches.

Good luck!

Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulscha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulscha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smokey, As I understand it on the level of pain relief an intrathecal pump is a very smart, effective way to go that requires much less medication to achieve the same effect of other delivery methods.

Please let us know how this goes for you, I may be shopping for some such remedy myself in the future.

I encourage you, if you haven't already, to become familiar with this site:
http://painaid.painfoundation.org/

The message boards are outstanding, the site is run by and for patients with severe chronic pain, and they welcomed me there as a Lyme patient which as you know is not always the case.

As one person whose life has been disfigured by pain to another, all my best to you and yours,

Paul

Posts: 199 | From Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GEDEN13
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GEDEN13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i to i'm thinking about this pump.i just had a 3rd surgery on my right knee,last week.(lyme arthritis.)

i have also been dxed with r.s.d.(reflex sympathetic dystrophy).pain and burning in both my leg's and lower back is unbearable.

i use the duragesic patch along with about 100 percocet ,weekly.

the rsd is caused by nerve damage after the open synovectomy i had on my right knee,2 year's ago.(never healed).

i hope you find relief with this pump.could you keep us updated on the effect's it has on you?

good luck and be well,gary

------------------

Posts: 1108 | From PA. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kissis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4165

Icon 13 posted      Profile for kissis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had one inserted about 4 years ago for stiffnes / spasticity .Once in I could not urinate on own for weeks,had to catherize .DR. said I was a rare case. A year later I had it removed, yes I was no longer stiff but my limbs were like a wet noddle so what was the point. It left two ugly scars one in front and one in back, no more bikinis for me and the worst part was it made my lyme/ms so much worse,I could walk before the surgery with the aid of a cane and after I have never been the same I must use a walker now for it gave me severe balance problems and constant ear ringing as well as weakend me much more than previous.If I could do it over again I wouldent! sorry for the sad story, Terri
Posts: 203 | From tipp city oh.45371 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement