LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Funniest/Dumbest Lymie Mishaps

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Funniest/Dumbest Lymie Mishaps
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After work today I walked to a dinner meeting. After the meeting I walked home. It was cold, very windy & raining. I got home around 10:30 pm. For some reason I tried to remember if I had emptied some boxes from my car.

Suddenly, I remembered that I drove to work today. My car is now parked 20 minutes from here at a meter that switches to Tow Zone at 1:00am. It's almost midnight and I need to get dressed again and head out for a walk in the rain. I hope I remember to bring my car keys. I wonder where I put them! Oh well, at least I'm well enough to walk to work again.

*** OK, now it's your turn.***
It's been a few months since the last thread and I'm ready for some more laughs.

hatsnscarfs (& umbrella)

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Lymester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the laugh...

just when I was thinking I was the only one

I've been talking dyslexic lately and can't remember phone numbers that sometimes are so easy and dialed often. I'll try to follow up later, but this is a tough act to follow.

Lymester

Posts: 519 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docdave130
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got dizzy and no feeling in my left hand fell down the steps and tore my achilles tendon, not funny at time but funny now.
also never call the right phone number, for some reason i'm number dyslexic rather than letters

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
christelleny
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christelleny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I reported my car stolen. Turned out that I didn't remember where I parked it.
Posts: 159 | From CT, USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brighty
Member # 6808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brighty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drive early morning 30 miles one way to work. At the end of my trip, as I pulled into the office parking lot, I realized that I must have left my office keys at home.

I turned around and got within 5 miles of home when it dawned on me. I am driving. My car key is in the ignition, my office keys are on the same key chain as my car key. I looked down, there they were.

Lyme brain!!!

Posts: 66 | From BC Canada | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveInMinnesota
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveInMinnesota     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I addressed an envelop upside down. Now that may sound almost trivial, but I had actually stamped the envelop and written the return address on it. Somehow rotated the envelop 180 degrees and wrote the destination address on it.

I stared at it for 5 minutes before I realized that the stamp and return address were upside down in the lower two corners

Posts: 133 | From Rocheser, MN, USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphire
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sapphire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and i thought it was lyme brain but now my teenage daughter cant find her car keys or her purse lol and is blaming it on genetics
Posts: 154 | From NH | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richtersl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richtersl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This happened years ago but it scared me so much at the time I never forgot it. But I can look back and laugh at it now.

I was in the drug store waiting for a prescription to be filled for my husband. Suddenly I found myself disoriented and didn't know where I was, why I was there, nor how I got there. It took a little doing but gradually the memory returned. WHEW!

I go pick up the prescription, pay for it, walk out the door and then it happened again. I didn't know where I was, why I was there, had no idea how I got there, no idea where my car was, and no idea who to call.

Fortunately I did manage to find my memory and got home. It was pretty scary. I prayed back then that as long as I had LD, I hope that the very least I could remember to do was find my driver's license in my pocketbook to look up who I was and where I lived.

Often I would go look for something and find it. I would forget that I found it and then go look for it all over again!

At the time I worked at a job that required me to talk on the phone. And yep, it happened on occasion where right in the middle of a sentence I would forget the name of the person I was talking to and what the gist of the conversation was...LOL.

Linda

Posts: 749 | From New Hope, PA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laurie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm completely "spacially dyslexic." Some time ago I was staying with a friend who had a house with 2 thermostats. My room was in the back of the house. When I went to bed I turned my thermostat down to 60. I thought I would be so smart and check the other thermostat. Sure enough he had forgotten to turn it down, so I did. The next morning when I got up, he told me I had actually turned his thermostat up to 90!! He and his daughter who also slept in that zone had practically baked in their beds!!

More recently, I had an interesting day where 1)I put conditioner on my hair in the shower and got out without rinsing it, 2)I drove to do some errands and when I left the store I walked out to my car and got in the backseat and 3)I put a frozen dinner in the microwave, timed it and set it but never turned it on, later wondering why I was so hungry (forgot I hadn't eaten). This was all in one day.

Posts: 459 | From Connecticut - just across the river from the Lymes (Old Lyme, Hadlyme, East Lyme, South Lyme & Lyme) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6789

Icon 12 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah come on the best is watching the same movie over and over. Just wait three months in between.

I know the ring is a good movie. Probably in one more month I could watch it again.

Yes watching movies definately the best.

P.S. I forget to brush my teeth in the morning alot. I now have a toothbrush & toothpaste at work.

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notime2work
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notime2work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, for me it's movies -- and books. I can watch a movie or read a book, and five minutes later, I couldn't tell you any details about it. I've even rented a movie a second time, not remembering I watched it before. My kids even told me before I re-rented it, and I didn't believe them!
Posts: 142 | From Flyover Country | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sandygf
Member # 3516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sandygf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in the drug store with my daughter the other night and she picked out a beauty product that supposedly gives you fuller lips.

She was embarrased to purchase it and asked me to do it for her. Ofcourse I didn't mind.

I put it on the counter, asked the young man how much it cost, and when he told me the price I looked at her and said loudly...."Well, do you want it or not?"

She turned five shades of red and we burst out laughing at my 'lyme moment'!!

Sandy

Posts: 99 | From central NJ | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henson2
Member # 463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for henson2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got one!

I was at a professional academic meeting where someone delivered a paper and then there was discussion.

The speaker started the paper with a key quote from the book in question, to which she responded in her analysis. She read the quote out loud and then discussed it.

Discussion followed. The other scholars were trying to find relevant passages in the book that would supplement her work.

I said, "Well, speaking of xyz, HERE is a good quote for you" -- and I read out loud to everyone the quote she had started the presentation with and had discussed for 30 minutes!

Oops. People were very nice about it, but I saw a senior professor who knew me well give me a very, very funny and confused look.

I was clueless until I got home and looked at her paper again.

Major oops!

Posts: 1066 | From East Coast | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salydega
Member # 7309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for salydega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hatsnscarfs: when I read your post I laughed and realized thank god I am not the only one.

Yesterday, I was in a home improvement store with my hubby. We were at the cashier ready to pay and leave. I told him wait a minute I am going to the bathroom.

I proceed down the hallway to the bathroom, went inside and did my business. I heard the door open 2 different times and water running.

I thought.. hmmm.. that's strange. 2 different women came in here just to wash their hands.

I finished and came out of the stall and starting walking to the sink, looked up and noticed 2 MEN at the urinals. They both turned and looked at me and I said "Oh, my god, I am in the Men's Room" and I ran out.

I immediately found my hubby and told him what happened. I said hurry up and bring me home I really am sick in the head. I did not even notice the urinals on my way in there.

Its funny now,,, but that was soooo embarrasing.

Posts: 73 | From phoenix, az | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll tell you, the next time I have contact with an Alzheimer's patient, I am going to be very, very kind.
Someday that will be me.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docdave130
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ust finished fourth month of zithromax and flagyl and guess what came up, oh you dirty minds, not that, a yeast infection on my tongue.
no thinking like most lymies i kissed my wife and gave her the oral yeast infection.
that cleared up for her in one day.
now the censored part, i was having oral sex with my wife , not realizing that i still had the infection and gave her vaginal yeast infection, that also cleared in 3 days.
so guys its like this, you can transmit yeast infections to ANY MUCOUS MEMBRANES IN THE BODY, so don't be stupid like me, my wife wouldn't talk to me in a week.
ALSO WASH YOUR HANDS GOOD IF THEY GO IN YOUR MOUTH BECAUSE I ALSO GOT A YEAST INFECTION OF THE EYE LID BY TOUCHING IT BY MISTAKE.
words of wisdom from the mighty oz

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laurie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EEWWWWWWWWW...
Posts: 459 | From Connecticut - just across the river from the Lymes (Old Lyme, Hadlyme, East Lyme, South Lyme & Lyme) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Member # 161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, mine is kind of long (needs an explanation). I'm on daily IV hydration (a liter of saline everyday) and I have a little portable pump and backpack so I can go about my day while I infuse over 8 hours. Yesterday I was working on some costumes and props for "Alice in Wonderland" which I'm directing. I was down in the studio painting some props and things. I look out the window (which is street level - the studio is mostly below ground) and I see a car starting to back up to get out of the parking space. At the same time (and I mean the SAME time) I hear this beeping like a truck backing up. My thought is, "That's weird, volvos don't beep when they back up." But then it started going forwards and kept making the noise. After a minute or so I realized that it was my pump beeping at me! (Apparently there was a kink in the line.) I swear, the pump's beeping sounds EXACTLY like the sound a truck makes when it backs up - quite confusing for one with Lyme brain!

--Annie

------------------

Lyme Out Retreat Website

Lyme Disease Awareness Products

Click here to join Lyme Pals.

Click here to see my Lyme journal.

Posts: 2184 | From Rochester, MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two nights ago... true story.

Could you come here for a minute?

If you don't mind... I am making a pot of soup... could you go out to the garden and get me an onion?

Yes.. a big one.. or 2 smaller ones.

Oh.. no, I didn't see the full bag of onions on the counter in front of me. Never mind.. I will use one of them.

5 minutes later...

Sorry to bother you during the game... but would you mind going out to the garden and getting me an onion? I am making a pot of soup and I need one.

Oh, that's right.. never mind. I will use one from the bag here in front of me. I forgot.

5 minutes later as I am putting on my shoes to go outside...

No, don't get up... I am just going to the garden to get an onion for the pot of soup I am making.

Hmmmm.. yes, that's right.. I do have one sitting on the counter on the cutting board that I got out of that bag. Guess I don't need to go outside to get one.

Later that night... while doing the dinner dishes...

That's strange. I peeled an onion and left it on the cutting board. I guess I forgot to put it in the soup?

------------------
If you get the choice to sit it out or dance...

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement