LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » just dropping in with good news

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just dropping in with good news
artbyjessie2
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to stop by with some good news for once.

I have been off medicine for about 3 months.

I am feeling WONDERFUL!

I get the occasional headache..... a stiff neck once in a while - BUT

I am in the gym 5 days/week
I am enjoying my hobbies
I am able to make it through a full day without any naps!

Just wanted to give you all some hope.
You WILL get better!

Wishing you all good health...

Jessica

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you. I too am so much better. I just love it.

It can and will get better, it's just a slow process.

Take care, Pam

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LunchIsland
Member # 7423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LunchIsland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is good news. May I ask how long did it take you to recover? I'm new to all this lyme stuff and am hoping I'm not in for the long haul....but not so sure.

LunchIsland

Posts: 17 | From PA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
secondtimearound
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for secondtimearound     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, it is nice to hear that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

How long were you treated for and what worked best.

Best Wishes,
Scott

Posts: 266 | From Philadelphia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing your good news with us.

I wish you continued success!

Posts: 1757 | From Somerset County, NJ | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Long time no see, sweet pea!

I am dancing right now.. on the table.. with my big hat covered in fruit! JUST for your good news!

Zippity do dah for you!

Thanks for sharing this with others. I know many here are feeling down and out.. and this will certainly help them keep the faith.

Have some fun for me.. if you please?

I will be smiling for your new found energy and good health!

And come by to visit once in a while. We will miss you!

------------------
If you get the choice to sit it out or dance...

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lla2
Member # 2364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lla2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!

I too have been feeling great now since about december...I still do the acupuncture adn take megavitamins and minerals along with omega 3's and 6's , but am feeling wonderful these days...working full time, biking , hiking etc...

it was 3 long years of treatment, but there is a light , however dim..so follow it...it's a slow process. I had lyme, bart and babs...and got treated for all three. never thought i'd make it out of that hole...

but I did, as did my kids...so hang in there...there is hope..a whole list of us!

lisa

Posts: 4713 | From saunderstown, ri Usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats ... there is HOPE after reading your wonderful entry.

Needed it right now; lost my 17 pages of typed paperwork for the ALJudge for my 2nd & final SS disability hearing on June 16....frustrating!

bettyg

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Naomi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Naomi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessica, I would be very interested to hear about what worked for you!!
([email protected])

Posts: 276 | From Boston, MA, UsA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymiecanuck
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Glad to hear you are doing well. I remember you were having a rough time, so it's nice to hear you are better now.

Take Care
Lymiecanuck

DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bless you for the hope and inspiration!

I wish you continued wellness and joy,

-D

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artbyjessie2
Unregistered

hi Everyone,
Thanks for the responses!
Tincup - you're so funny - i can just picture you dancing on the table in your hat!

I have been thinking about all of you! I pray that you all get better soon.

For those of you who asked what worked for me, i wish i could answer that.
I was on so many cocktails and changed ABX so many times, I can't tell you it was any one combination.

I also stopped abruptly because I was feeling that most of my symptoms were side effects. Lo and behold, most of my symptoms are gone!
Wooo-hooo!

If anyone would like to email directly,
please do - [email protected]

hugs to everyone
Jess

treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats great news I hope it never comes back. Ever!
I do want to warn or caution you I felt great for 7.5 months and had to start all over again and did I herx just pay attention to any symptom and right it down and when it occurred date etc.

But I hope you made it!!

Iam now off abx's a third time and sofar pretty good its been since sept 04 on the 27th

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! I remember you thinking the symptoms were from side effects. I know my fatigues is from the drugs and not the Lyme.

My LLMD recently said that most of her patients know when they should stop abx. They tell her that it feels toxic.

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the gym 5 days a week...KEEP GOING!!! YIPEE!

CoQ10 issues...this is why "they" preach to us to exercise. We normally make CoQ10 when we exercise. Some does come from our foods too.

Exercise is VERY, VERY healing. But this is very difficult to do when the infection load is high. This is where certain supplements can help.

Look closely at the "ingredients" in OTC CoQ10. Examine it very closely for the nutrients it contains. Get to the ultimate bottom line. Look at the bottles. They contain either soybean or rice bran oil and what do THEY contain? You will see why this works.

Those who are younger seem to be able to fight Lyme Disease easier. Perhaps because of the amt. of stored minerals in their bodies, the number of mitochondria in the cells (aging AND disease decrease the number of mitochondria - reversible in TIME...Dr. Perricone) or the amt. of activity younger persons generally engage in. All of these factors may help to knock off this pathogen.

It is hard to know when the infection is gone and what is actually a left-over nutritional imbalance which can be corrected in time.

The pathogens are parasites. They take from us many nutrients. We KNOW Mg and Ca are needed to make HEALTHY antibodies (our OWN highly targeted "antibiotics"). If either of these minerals is low or if they are out of balance, we're in trouble.

Jessica, it seems to take about 2 years to completely be "back to normal" whether one does Rife or goes a strictly nutritional/exercise route(www.cassia.org)

So renew that gym package program for awhile yet and...congratulations!

[This message has been edited by Marnie (edited 08 June 2005).]

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artbyjessie2
Unregistered

Marnie
Thanks for the info!
Yes the gym seems to be helping a bit. I am a personal trainer/former triathlete so it's been a lifetime habit/ addiction.
at one point it felt like it was doing more harm than good so I stopped...

now that I am back in there i feel great.

I feel exquisisite when i get into the sauna afterwards but it's been so hot lately that the sauna has lost its appeal
:-)

i will keep you all posted on my progress!

dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is wonderful news and thanks for coming back to let us know that you're doing so well.

Can you give us (me) an idea of how long you were ill and what treatment(s) you did and for how long?

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement