LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » UC Irvine gets $40M grant (Barbour)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UC Irvine gets $40M grant (Barbour)
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laserred     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Barbour is known for his research in isolating the cause of Lyme disease..."

(Hmmmm...My question...Isn't he the one that came up with the Lyme Vaccine that ultimately was stopped in 2002, because it made people sick with Lyme' ?????? )

Article in North County Times (CA) (6/01/05)
http://tinyurl.com/aqgrl

Posts: 493 | From MidWest NorthWoods | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHAT?

Do I hear a bit of sarcasim in your message?

Now now..

We all know Barbutt is only interested in the patients well being.

Yeah RIGHT!

To the tune of getting him 40 million dollars!

By the way.. is it against the law to tie someone up with honey suckle vines, paint their faces with peanut butter and jelly, and hang them up by their feet from the top of the Golden Gate Bridge?

AND throw rocks at them?

Let me know! I hadn't made any plans yet for the weekend.. and this might be added to my list of "things to do".

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laserred     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nooooooo...I've never seen or heard of a law anywhere near that....but we have to be more candid about this...

Shhhhhhhh...a picnic sounds like a great idea...I have 3:00 Saturday open...I can bring the peanut butter and jelly (AND rocks... shhhh)

Who's yer buddy....who's yer pal???

(sarcasm? maybe....disgust? definately)

Posts: 493 | From MidWest NorthWoods | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6886

Icon 13 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Nice middle class welfare check in the form of a grant for a spirochete abattwoir?

[This message has been edited by pq (edited 09 June 2005).]

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.. we shouldn't make any big announcements... should we? You are right! Let's keep it to ourselves.

But.. we MAY have a technical problem of sorts.

I THOUGHT honey suckle vines would be THE thing to use in this situation... but now I'm not too sure.

I really hate to ruin a pretty vine.. just to tie up a scum bag. It just doesn't seem fair to the vine. I mean.. hey.. the vine never did anything to deserve THAT kind of treatment!

Sooooooo.. I was considering using barbed wire instead.

What do you think about the change in plans?

I am good to go Saturday at 3 PM.. and will be pleasured, I'm sure, to meet you at our "picnic".

Shhhhhhh....

And don't forget the peanut butter and jelly, dipstick!

You KNOW how you are always forgetting stuff.

------------------
If you get the choice to sit it out or dance...

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabbytamer
Member # 3159

Icon 14 posted      Profile for tabbytamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally! A Lymenet get-together close to home!!!

------------------
Tabby

Posts: 2098 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Barbed wire, Yeesss, A plan it is!!

You know, I was thinking (I hate that when that happens, ouch that hurts)...but what's a picnic without those darn biting flies...or maybe fire ants ...I'm sure they like peanut butter and jelly...there's a few here that I'm willing to share!

I'm getting really excited about this...Now I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight
( again), Thanks alot, Bud!!!!

(OBTW...did you ever notice, your little dancing guy can keep beat to most any song...i sat and watched him one night dance to a few tunes, easily amused, huh? )

[This message has been edited by laserred (edited 09 June 2005).]

pippy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6005

Icon 13 posted      Profile for pippy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UCI's mascot is an anteater like the one on the "BC" cartoon who just goes "ZOT!" and sucks up ants. Just suck up the jerks like ticks with their own anteater vacuum hose and call it a day

Unfortunately, UCI is my alma mater.

what a crock! All those lovely new buildings.....
and how much will go into a cure for lyme disease? none

UCI is big on stem cell research...stem cells may be a way to cure chronic lyme. but that wouldn't be sexy enough for them since chronic lyme "isnt a huge epidemic" according to most of these folks.

Posts: 446 | From California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Alright!!! We got some homies joining the party, the more the merrier, good input!!!!

Maybe we could all join hands and play 'London Bridge" with 'em first!

Gee, I just love planning a party!

Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey you guys.. good you could join the party!

We are planning a get together.. a picnic.. in honor of someone who is one sandwich short of a picnic.

No.. NOT laserred...

Barbutt! Better known as Barbutt Head.

You all are invited to come.

Laser said.. "I'm getting really excited about this... Now I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight (again), Thanks alot, Bud!!!!"

Well.. I would respond to your cute post in detail.. which made me laugh.. but unlike YOU.. I AM able to sleep.

But ONLY if I get off this computer long enough to find the bed and lay down my head.

Will check in later gator. In the meantime.. stop thinking. I hate when your head hurts!

Now... as your assignment for the evening.. if you chose to accept... go find your flashlight and take a jar outside with you.. and start collecting those fire ants!

If you still can't sleep after collecting a 50 gallon trash can full of fire ants for the picnic...

Go to a web site that lists the top 500 songs of all times.. click on each song and listen to them, one at a time.. and sit there and watch the little man dance.

Weird-o.

------------------
If you get the choice to sit it out or dance...

laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Yea, I'm going to bed , too....and lay there for a while with my "Eyes open wide shut"....somebody should make a movie and call it that

Good night, it's been real!!

I knew I was gonna like ya from the beginning....I just didn't know how much...Ha! Don't let that go to your head now, I am very picky on how I choose my pals, ya know!

Sweet dreams...And 'Thanks" for the grins..I needed that!

[This message has been edited by laserred (edited 09 June 2005).]

pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I hope that barbour's receipt of this grant doesn't give a new meaning for the late Patrick Moynihan's expression of "...defining deviancy down..."

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, we've got the peanut butter, barbed wire, biting flies & fire ants.....
but who's bringing a big ole jar of ticks?

This may as well be a "learning experience", don't you think?

Just be careful catching those ticks.
Want to be sure they all get to the right person.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's 3:00 pm on Saturday.

Am I the only one at the "picnic"?
Come out, come out, wherever you are...

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

It's only 12 noon on the "Bridge", isn't it?
So...did you bring the ticks???

Actually, I think ticks would be too easy on him, as they don't hurt when they bite, and I don't think they bite slimey snakes anyway. And the symtoms may not even show thier ugly head, til it's far too late....

Maybe a swarm of some very mad hornets could be found, so he can experience the "bee sting feelings" ...that's all in our Lymie heads!!!

Glad you could make it!
See ya there

[This message has been edited by laserred (edited 11 June 2005).]

brainless
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6771

Icon 5 posted      Profile for brainless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's Pacific Time, right?

I think I have a vial of Lyme vaccine. I'm sure he'd want a booster.

b

Posts: 210 | From lalaland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Well, here it is 3:00 and no one is here....So I'm presuming TC "took care of business" already (but I didn't get the call...I must of been enroute at the time )....and now it's been a long day, having to catch a flight early this AM....

so I gotta head back home now 'fore dark, as my night vision ain't the best anymore! and I also forgot my meds at home ....and I need a fix ASAP!

Also need to check and see if my house is still standing, as my area is under 'TORNADO WARNING" til 7:00PM CST!!!! for the SECOND time today!!!

How was the the 'P&B' sandwiches TC?....Hope you had all the necessities for a "REALLY GOOD PICNIC"

Take care y'all....
~laserred~

[This message has been edited by laserred (edited 11 June 2005).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement