LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Joyful, joyful, the liquor flows...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Joyful, joyful, the liquor flows...
Thomas Parkman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thomas Parkman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, good people, you are not going to believe this, but yesterday for a little while I was happy. For the first time in ten years or more I received some real, live, honest to God, genuinely GOOD NEWS.

After 27, yes, that is twenty seven, long and dreary months in which I have spent hours on the telephone, hours of frustrations tracking down clerical staff in doctors offices, getting records, getting doctors to write letters (have you ever tried to get a doctor to write a letter? If you haven't you just cannot imaging) hours of meetings, frustrations and enragements like you would not believe-having lyme rage really hots things up-I have finally been granted a fully favorable decision in my Social Security Disability hearing.

I cannot believe it. The hearing was on May 16, the judge handed down his favorable ruling on June 2 and I got the thing in the Mail on June 10. Can you believe it.

Now I can pay some doctors bills. I have said that I want to be cremated and my ashes devided into little portions, each portion put into elegant mini-urns and one each sent to each of my doctors with the notation that "since you have gotten everything else this man had in the world he thought you should be entitled to the rest".

Of course by being cremated I am going to have the last laugh on those microscopic swine and trailer trash, the Boris and Myrtle Burgdorferi clan. Just as they are all having a bit of brandy to celebrate the final doing in of this touch old coot, they are all going to be incinerated and go up in smoke. They do not like heat.

In any case, now I can go from living a life of genteel desperation back to living a life of genteel poverty. There is much to be said for a life of genteel poverty. My experiences of the past years makes me very grateful for such a condition. Things could be worse-I know. I have been there. Cheers. Thomas Parkman

Posts: 341 | From Columbia SC 29206 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thomas, THAT'S GREAT! Hip, HIP, Hooray.

But maybe you want to donate your body to some lyme research for autopsy, if there is such a place.

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done Thomas! I'm happy to hear your long difficult journey has come to fruition.

Stella

[This message has been edited by stella marie (edited 11 June 2005).]

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Thomas, that's terrific. I've been wondering but afraid to ask.

Like my dad says, whether you're rich or whether you're poor, it's always good to have money.

It is a astonishing accomplishment to fight your way through the system when you're so sick.

Victory over the barbarians! Death to bugs! Fight on, mighty warrior of the starving class!

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thomas,
Congratulations on your success.
I'm very happy for you.

Now maybe you'll grace us more often with your presence?

Take care,
Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg2711
Member # 1865

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thomas,

Congratulations! That is wonderful news. Now you can concentrate all your time and energy to trying to beat this damn disease!

It is a wondeful victory for you. All your time and effort paid off. It's hard to get the system to agree to disability benefits. Bravo!!

Barb

Posts: 1131 | From Ohio | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 14 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

That's great! What a relief!

Heather

P.S. These women are celebrating in the rain for you. I thought it was a cool picture.

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome news TP!

Have a drink on me! A soft drink, that is! LOL!

Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Thomas!

You ARE a jolly good fellow!

Hip Hip and all that. So glad for you.

Sending all joyful thoughts and wishes,
Ann-OH

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thomas,
You know how thrilled I am for you!!

There was a beautiful rainbow in the sky Tuesday afternoon.
I just knew it was a sign that something good was going to happen soon.

As the saying goes, "All things come to him who waits" ....and works very hard, is persistent, tenacious, obstinate, etc, etc.

Happy for you!!
Cheers indeed!!

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thomas,
That's great news, congratulations. A round of filtered water, for everyone, my treat!
cheers -
hatsnscarfs

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trailsgrl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7285

Icon 14 posted      Profile for trailsgrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is wonderful news! Congrats to you!

Trails

Posts: 196 | From Mesilla, NM USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thomas Parkman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thomas Parkman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Members of the List:
Thank you for all the kind thoughts. I should have added in this missive the fact the fundamental principle in such matters is really quite simple, If you know you are right:
DON'T GIVE UP
DON'T GIVE OUT
DON'T GIVE IN

I went to two lawyers, including a former administrative law judge. One of them dropped me like a hot potato when I mentioned the word lyme disease. The other, the judge, did not really want to give me the time of day. I then went to a SS representative (not employed by the SS) and this non lawyer, who knew what the rules were (he had worked for them for 33 years) took my case on a contingency and won it.

So you do not need to trust (?) lawyers. I have seen stories of people going to a hearing and their attorney showing up to meet them for the first time 45 minutes before the hearing. So the rule there is:

BE VERY CAREFUL. Cheers. Thomas Parkman

Posts: 341 | From Columbia SC 29206 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement