LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Tiredness under eyes.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tiredness under eyes.
cmichaelo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cmichaelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do any of you feel tired under your eyes, as if you didn't get enough sleep?

I have this heavy, saging and puffy feeling (and appearance) under my eyes just in front of the pointy cheek bones.

I sleep allright most of the time, though generally speaking this eye "problem" gets worse the less sleep I get.

However, even on days when I get plenty of sleep, this eye "problem" may still be there.

Is this due to Lyme or something else?

Michael

Posts: 702 | From NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmichaelo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cmichaelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is this actually a sinus problem and is it "just" a matter of clearing my sinuses?

And what do YOU do about it?

I should add that this eye "thing" didn't start until about 3 months ago. (I've had Lyme at 1 year now though.)

And this puffiness under the eyes can also be seen visibly, though it's not obvious.

Michael

[This message has been edited by cmichaelo (edited 12 June 2005).]

[This message has been edited by cmichaelo (edited 12 June 2005).]

Posts: 702 | From NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ivebinlymed2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ivebinlymed2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Michael, my daughter has these deep dark purplish circles under her eyes. I was reading about this product that claims to reduce this.

They say it is caused by capillaries actually leaking blood that begins to oxidize (through a process called hemoglobin degradation)...creating a dark bluish-red pigmentation that looks distinctly like an ugly bruise.

I hope this is helpful. Also, though I cannot endorse their product (as we haven't tried it), here is the website:
www.Hylexin.com

Anyone use it? It is wicked expensive, at $95.00 for a .78 tube! Youch!

Their ad is in the June issue of Better Homes and Gardens magazine, after page 279. (Apparently they don't assign page numbers to ad pages.)

Their product is avail in some dept. stores and by mail order from their website.

I will say that when my daughter's allergies are flaring, it is worse. I think it can be a combo of things, allergies, insufficient sleep, etc..

I hope something here helps.

Posts: 270 | From Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ivebinlymed2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ivebinlymed2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, Michael I have to say that the picture on the ad website I sent you is a hilarious overexageration, if I have ever seen one.

It has a picture of a perfect faced girl with black makeup under her eyes. Don't know about the legitimacy of the product, but the reason behind the black circles I can buy into.

Blessings!

Posts: 270 | From Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi CM
I have had dark puffie circles for years--
Very dark some times---Mine started
about 2 years after infection--
I think there are many causes for me
--Lyme-- Candida--Sleep loss-
maybe food algeries--
My doctor called them algeric shiners--
before dx of lyme.
I have been on abx 2 years- and the
shiners are much better now---
I still am not sleeping well--
so I think it has more to do
with bactira load for me-Jay-

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickedntx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have experienced tired/sore eyes and sinus pressure for many, many years. It correlates with my fatigue levels.

For me, I believe it is sinus inflammation, and I believe that it is the inflammation caused by Lyme.

Having said that, I used to get sinus migraine headaches which all but stopped (very rare now) in 1992 when I had sinus surgery.

But the inflammatory pressure continues and I suspect it will until I beat Lyme.

Not sure if that helps or not, as I can't tell if it is the same thing you are describing, but I wanted to throw it in the mix, just in case.

Posts: 977 | From Austin, TX, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz28
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/030227.html

Thread on droopy eyelids.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flygirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi

I have had lyme /babs for 15 years and never knew it.

I NEVER had puffy eyes, and I do mean never. never circles, etc.

the past 3 months or so, some circles.

and this wkd for the first time - PUFFY EYES! I about cried.

I think it's the meds, for me. plus I had a wee bit of alcohol.

so it may not be lyme, it may be your meds!

water retention?

------------------

Posts: 167 | From Ashburn, VA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is common in adrenal exhaustion too.

Have you been having any weird symptoms directly ( or within the hour) after taking your medicine also?

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squeegee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squeegee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, liz28, for the thread on droopy eyelids.

I had just been looking at the pictures we took when my inlaws were here this week. I was really tired and in almost all of them I had one really droopy eyelid.

I've never really paid much attention to this before but I guess now I can just add this to my long list of Lyme symptoms.

Posts: 105 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmichaelo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5873

quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimeOfLyme:
This is common in adrenal exhaustion too.

Have you been having any weird symptoms directly ( or within the hour) after taking your medicine also?

Adrenal exhaustion - what is that?

No weird symptoms after taking any meds.

This puffyness started about 3 months ago, sort of at the same time I started
1) taking Malarone,
2) started chelation,
3) stopped eating sugary stuff/pasta/rice,
4) started taking DHEA

Interesting, around the same time my body temperature started stabilizing. I used to have fluctuations between 94-97. Today, it's between 97-98.5.

Also, interestingly, around the same time I started sleeping worse than ever. I'm now taking Elavil and Ambien to make it through the night.

I don't know what's going on.

Michael

arg82
Member # 161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get this feeling a lot, almost every day, but it doesn't always show as darkness (although I am dark under my eyes to some degree all the time now). I tend to have more of this feeling when I haven't slept well. I don't really know much about what it's from, I just attribute it to being tired.

Sorry I can't be more help, but you're definitely not alone with it!

--Annie

------------------

Lyme Out Retreat Website

Lyme Disease Awareness Products

Click here to join Lyme Pals.

Click here to see my Lyme journal.

Posts: 2184 | From Rochester, MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement