LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » troutscout and others on iodoral

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: troutscout and others on iodoral
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 7 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long did it take you to get to the 4 pills of iodoral that Dr. C suggests?

Are you still feeling good on it?

I started with 1/2 pill yesterday and just wanted to know how long before I should bump up the dosage. Thanks.

Posts: 8888 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We were supposed to "ramp up??" YIKES!! I began with 4 pills right away. I was one of the first to go on the pills, I think. He must have changed his instructions.

I feel fine.

How are YOU doing?

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notime2work
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notime2work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't ramp up either, and haven't had any problems. I've been on them for about 2 months. I don't feel any different than before I started taking them, but Dr. C said it could take awhile for any results.
Posts: 142 | From Flyover Country | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started at 2..and then just jumped in after 2 days.

Felt the effect early on......just waiting for the rest.

Trout

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi All,

What is this protocol using Iodoral? I'm interested in it.
I've been using sski drops several times per week. I'm aware of Lugol's solution. Have read material on iodine, but I've seen this protocol mentioned several times.
I can feel the effects of sski in my lower left neck when I take it, and back off a day or two. Don't know why but I just do, on side of caution.

Iodine paint patch variably disappears in a time period of approx.4 hours, maybe even less(as I forgot to inspect it) to less than 48 hours.

In the past I've painted a subsequent patch as soon as I noticed the previous had disappeared within 48 hr. and eventually the painted iodine patch will remain there for the 48 hours. Any comments on this ? Who or what is the meaning of this?

I have to do a more formal timing on its disappearance. I'm familiar with the general meaning/significance of the disappearance, but I'm wondering what else was found to go with oral ingestion.
Any links on it? Rationale? Technical material on it?

Thanx

pq

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iodine interesting artical.

Iodine

Where articals are located.

Iodine Drs Site

[This message has been edited by treepatrol (edited 15 June 2005).]

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Thank you very much, Tree.

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you take too much iodine?

robi

[This message has been edited by robi (edited 04 July 2005).]

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is sski????

robi...Americans have VERY low levels of iodine in their systems...even with using iodine in their salt.

Just think about how many people are on thyroid meds in this country!!

Even with 4 pills a day, the level is low compared to levels found in the Japanese people. They have far less cancer and problems with thyroid.

Say, hiker.......could you post that link to where you buy your iodoral? I need some and I haven't had time to get to Springfield for more. I can't find the link you sent me.

------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice. I am not a doctor, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express!
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This from Dr. K's lecture at OHM in SF early this year - to medical professionals:

"The most critical element for Lyme patients is iodine. To do a less expensive test, before you possibly do an expensive lab test: A 2 inch square of Lugol's iodine is painted on the patient's skin and should remain visible for 24 hours. The sooner it is absorbed, the more deficient the patient.
Oral form of Lugol's is available under the name of Iodoral (Optimox, Torrance, CA)

Filling up the body's mineral reserves has always been the most essential part of our heavy metal detox program. It is also the most essential part of our Lyme treatment."

Lymetoo, the problem with hormone dysfunction did not start because of a lack of iodine. The actual cause is general toxicity, mainly heavy metal toxicity = mercury on the ligand sites of the hormone producing cells, etc. The thyroid is dysfunctional with literally every patient because of this. Starting detox is the first step.

Iodine is often supplemented until the detox can be achieved and hopefully bring back the body to its normal functions. Supplementing everything doesn't fix the real, the very real cause of many of our problems. Getting rid of the real cause does.

Robi, re overdosing - read the Nestle's disaster about excess iodine in some of their products. Children ended up with wasted limbs and swollen heads and some died.
I would not take a chance at any single mineral supplement on my own. It is way too chancy. I would not touch zinc or selenium, for instance, without my doctor's approval. All can take you into an alltogether different direction that you had not intended.

The trick and the famous word is balance.
It took me a few years to figure that one out.

Take care.

P.S. I remember the story I was told when Dr. K. was invited for a lecture in Korea to a group of 20some doctors. He told me he had always been curious about the Asian people and their dental health. So he asked all the 22 doctors if he could have a look into their mouths. In the whole group, he found four cavities and two crowns total!

That's accounts for better health. But he also is convinced that this is also due to the fact that there is no wheat used - everything is rice-based.

[This message has been edited by GiGi (edited 04 July 2005).]

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Lyme 2 and Gigi for the replies.

I di have the Lugol's test and tesuare disappeared in about 2 hours.

I have been taking iodoral since then.
I started it about the same time as tindamax and also added coconut oil to my protein shakes.

I am feeing a bit of improvement in the last month but not sure what is responsible..... anyway I take any and all improvement happily !!!!!!!!

It is hard to do any one thing in isolation ..... I jut continually upgrade my food choices and supplements.

I guess the real test comes when I stop abx .... not sure when that will be though.

Gigi ............ how are you doing?

Well wishes and to all,

Gonna have some gluten free, sugar free ice cream now ...........

robi

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
24bit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 24bit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi, I've had several metals tests (the good ones) and I had no trace of mercury and very little other metals, yet my hormones were a mess. I did detox and my hormones were still a mess. I think you're right in some cases, but I hope you're not saying that all hormone problems come from metal toxicity because that's simply not true.
Posts: 600 | From Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement