LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » There is hope!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: There is hope!
lymeloco
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First time writing, but have learned a lot from everyone here! I would've written much earlier, but the paranoia made me think everything was a hoax...including my llmd!

I am on my fifth year of treatment and feel great! Hope I'm not jinxing myself! Been through hell, and back! You guys saved me, believe me, and now I would like to be here for you!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 6 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to know you are doing better !!!!!

Like me, I am sure there are others who would like to know more details about your success story. It is your choice -- you can share as much or as little details as you like.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to hear, lymeloco! Yay!
*does happy dance*

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeloco
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by seibertneurolyme:
Glad to know you are doing better !!!!!

Like me, I am sure there are others who would like to know more details about your success story. It is your choice -- you can share as much or as little details as you like.

Bea Seibert

Not sure what the heck I'm doing. So hope this goes through the right way!

I have had lyme many, many years! Don't know for sure if it goes back to childhood, but had lots of sickness as a kid, daydreamed constantly in school.

I started with neuro symptoms first, five years ago.
I've been to four neuros within the five years.
I had leisions on mri and also spect scan showed decrease in blood flow.

I have done i.v.. and orals. When I first went on tetracycline, I kept getting sick.
I wrote my llmd, he said it's a herx.
Kept getting worse, my p.c.p. said it was the flu. Finally after a week I drove myself to the doctors, and they ambulanced me out of her office.

I was very dehydrated, and was having lots of pain! They shot me up with morphine, but things got worse, and worse!

It was a gallstone that was blocking the pancreatic duct! I was 3 weeks, 2days in that hospital! Was fed by tubes, had blood, and was given insulin!

Now please don't think the antibiotics caused all of this. I had problems before with my gallbladder, and many of my family members who are not on anibiotics also had there's out! Just possibly the icing on the cake!

I am now taking 3 biaxin with plaquenil.
I am also on a new sleeping pill which is probably helping my immune system to fight.

I felt good enough to regrout my kitchen tile counters, and I'm going to start painting my kitchen walls!

Never followed any diets, never had yeast, but suffered yeast way before antibiotics, and twins were born with it also.

I am writing a book here, so if you want any other questions answered, I'll try to keep it short!
Thanks all you wonderful people who have kept me sane. I even asked to be put away in an asylum, but they said they've seen nut cases in there lives, but I wasn't one of them! So again, it has been all of you that has kept me fighting.
Rhonda

jellyfish
Member # 7390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jellyfish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so glad to hear you are well! Can i ask what your symptoms were? Thank you....jellyfish
Posts: 47 | From port orange, florida | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
secondtimearound
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for secondtimearound     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My best wishes for your continued success!

Scott

Posts: 266 | From Philadelphia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laserred
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laserred     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad to hear you doing well! And offering your story! So many of 'need' to hear that!
Thanks for sharing!

I'm going to say those words one day, too!

Hope you continue in your good health!
Keeping the Faith!
~laserred~

Posts: 493 | From MidWest NorthWoods | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeloco
Unregistered

Icon 13 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jellyfish:
I am so glad to hear you are well! Can i ask what your symptoms were? Thank you....jellyfish

Way before lyme was diagnosed....I had kidney,bladder,gastro, yeast,dizziness,gynelogical problems, and sinus problems.

My symptoms are mostly neuro.. I have had trouble swallowing, shakes, speech slurred, stammering, getting lost, balance, insomnia,
bugs biting, fears, paranoia, social anxiety, depression, pain behind left eye,and swollen left cheek bone, fine motor,burning, numbness, memory very bad!
Have trouble with simple complex tasks, knee joints, floaters, clear lights, high b.p..

lymeloco
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by secondtimearound:
My best wishes for your continued success!

Scott

Thanks Scott! My best to you also!
Rhonda

betsy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for betsy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your news is wonderful and I am so happy for you! I have many of the same neuro symptoms so your news is very encouraging! If you don't mind me asking, how bad was your slurred speech and how long did that symptom last???? And how bad was your balance?? Thanks so much...Betsy
Posts: 107 | From VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeloco
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by betsy:
Your news is wonderful and I am so happy for you! I have many of the same neuro symptoms so your news is very encouraging! If you don't mind me asking, how bad was your slurred speech and how long did that symptom last???? And how bad was your balance?? Thanks so much...Betsy

Hi Betsy,
I have trouble with time frames, but I know the slurred speech happened while I was working two years ago. It was off and on.

Honestly, I haven't had that in a while, but do have stammering, and can't get the right words to come.

I never know when it's going to happen!
I could actually feel what seemed like my tongue was feeling like it was turning with the slurred speech, so was able to wait, and then talk.

I just got over the balance problems. I still get it, but very seldom. Have been doing stretches, and haven't fallen on my butt yet!

How long have you had lyme? Do you still have problems with speech too?

I don't mind when it happens with family or very close friends, but get very embarassed with people I don't know!

I think I'm kinda in a remission. The lack of sleep was really keeping me down.
I just hope this new sleeping pill will keep working!
I have had trouble with all the others!

Please tell me a little about your situation. Only if you feel comfortable about it.
Rhonda

janet thomas
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you please tell us what is the med that is helping with your sleep?
Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeloco
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by janet thomas:
Could you please tell us what is the med that is helping with your sleep?

I'm taking temazepam. I have tried neurontin,trazodone, ambien and lunesta.
So far this one is working!
Are you having sleep problems too?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement