LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » epsom salt baths ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: epsom salt baths ...
Eyal
Member # 6676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eyal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

anyone know how much to put in and how long to bath?

Thanks,

Eyal

Posts: 26 | From E. Northport, NY, US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1620

Icon 10 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotten from this website about antibiotic use: http://www.rheumatic.org/faq.htm

"Oxidative therapy may be useful in reducing these symptoms. Garth Nicholson, M.D., director of The Institute for Molecular Medicine in Huntington Beach, California recommends peroxide baths (four 16 oz. bottles of 3% hydrogen peroxide in 20 inch bath or Jacuzzi, with 2 cups of Epsom salt. Patients soak in hot water plus the Epsom salt for five minutes until pores are open, then add the peroxide solution. This should be repeated three times a week at bedtime. No vitamins should be taken 8 hours before bath. The peroxide can also be directly applied to the skin after a hot shower/tub. The peroxide should be left on for 5 minutes and then washed off."

works great even if you just approximate. Also, I wash off with a shower afterward to get the toxins off.

Trails

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eyal
Member # 6676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eyal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Thanks, trails!

Do you think scrubbing with a Lifa(?) is a good idea?

Posts: 26 | From E. Northport, NY, US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Luffa away. rinse and repeat. Do it at bedtime...it is exhausting for your body believe it or not.

trails

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Luffa away. rinse and repeat. Do it at bedtime...it is exhausting for your body believe it or not.

trails

seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 4 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A word of caution!!!

Try the epsom salts by themselves first. You will be absorbing magnesium and sulphur which helps you detox. This could make you very weak and woozie if you haven't done this before. You may sweat profusely while in the bath. You can stay in up to 20 minutes, but get out right away if you start feeling too weak.

Try just 1/2 cup epsom salts to start and you can work up to 3 cups per bathtub. You can still take vitamins if you leave out the peroxide. Dr Atkins of diet fame said that your body will only absorb the amount of magnesium you need so you can't overdo here.

The reason you add peroxide is so you will absorb the oxygen from it through your skin. My husband tried this once and only once. He started having dry heaves and his tremors became much worse. I thought he might have an actual seizure before I could get him out of the tub. As it was he swallowed some bath water which made him even sicker to his stomach.

If you use the peroxide again start slow -- say with 1/2 a bottle until you see if you have any negative reactions. Some people with cold or sinus problems might start coughing as the peroxide is absorbed.

My husband has had several hydrogen peroxide IV's with no adverse effects. These are done over an hour or so and it is not as rapidly absorbed and the dose is controlled.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(1) 4# BAG of Epsom salts with (1) box - 1# of baking soda in warm, not hot water for 25 minutes.

The sodium helps get Mg INTO the cells. Research psorasis for documentation or wait until I have finished my Na- Vit C research and I will link it for you.

Forgo the H2O2 for now...You are ACIDIC...focus on becoming more alkaline.

Posts: 9426 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement