LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » SuZ-Q

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SuZ-Q
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

In another post you mentioned that your daughter was tested bor a "gene that indicates an inability for her body to rid itself of biotoxins, so they recirculate and keep her sick."

Can you please tell me what this test is called?

I sense something like this may be going on with me. It would be most helpful to know for sure.

Thanks. -DL

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SuZ-Q
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SuZ-Q     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi DL,
It is a DNA typing test of the HLA DR immune response genes. The labwork sheet says "HLA, DRB, DQB Typing" on it. There are actually several genes that alone can cause this problem with neurotoxins; our daughter has 2 of them. We have seen definite improvement in the last few weeks and the only changes have been adding cholestyramine (available at some compounding pharmacies by prescription)and a change in her school & dance school environment (both of which are moldy).

Our doctor gave us an excerpt of Ritchie Shoemaker, MD's book "Mold Warriors" which provides a very good explanation. It is too complicated & technical for me to give a good synopsis, though. The chapter is titled, "The Biotoxin Pathway". I have looked for the book locally, but I think I am going to have to order it online.

We had to find a doctor who took a more holistic approach and who was willing to probe deeper & into some even less mainstream ideas than anyone we have encountered before.

Our doctor also discovered an imbalance of leptin and MSH(a regulatory hormone)which is responsible for her weight gain and a number of other problems. I think the importance of MSH is just starting to be understood.

Mold is just one of many biotoxins that can wreak havoc with the nervous system. Exposure to certain chemicals, red tide algae (& seafood contaminated by it), brown recluse spider venom and a whole host of other agents can create problems.

Hope you are able find some answers. We are very hopeful that we may have finally found some for our situation. Good luck & keep me posted.
Suzy

Posts: 260 | From Virginia | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement