LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » 3 babies die w/o explanation - could it be Lyme?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3 babies die w/o explanation - could it be Lyme?
Shelli Nanez
Member # 7499

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Shelli Nanez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where do I start? My husband and I have lost 3 of our 4 children to an unexplained illness. Very long story. Babies had uncontrolable seizures immediately upon birth. #3 was/is extremely healthy following working with Dr. Klinghardt - thought it was an infection of some kind. I tested postitive for HHV6 and CMV. Did antivirals, fish oil, glutathione IVs. We thought we were in the clear with baby #4 who was born in Feb. 2004 - he passed away in May that year. With him found that I have high levels of an old chlorinated pesticide in my breast milk.

Now pregnant with a little girl - due at the end of July. Have been doing the same protocol that I did when pregnant with healthy #3 w/ Dr. K. Just tested positive for Lyme Disease. We have never had any clear answers as to what was wrong with our other children. Infection? toxins? Conventional medicine could never find anything wrong - every test came back normal - and there have been hundreds of them. They ended up calling it genetic - we have no history on either side. I have never bought into that theory.

Now we're wondering - could it be Lyme? If so, how did it miss our 3rd child, and what can we do about it now?

So far am doing calendula, noni, propolis, astragalus, and considering Zithromax.

Has anyone out there ever enountered a situation like ours? Any thoughts, input, experiences would be greatly appreciated. The clock is ticking......many thanks.

Posts: 2 | From Woodburn, Oregon, USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SueDonym
Member # 7297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SueDonym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my deepest condolences on your losses! I can't imagine the pain you must experience. And the tremendous fear and frustration with the lack of answers. You are tremendously brave and I'll send out good thoughts and hopes for the latest baby.

I'm just a newb here but Treepatrol puts out a lovely newbie list with references for pregnant and nursing mothers with lyme. Look for it. I hope those wiser and more experienced will have more help, but know that you have my sympathy and good hope for your future and that of your child.

Posts: 8 | From Pasadena, California, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Shelli,
Welcome to LymeNet. So, so sorry your family has had so much to endure. My heart goes out to you & your husband.

Since you are expecting & just tested positive for Lyme disease, please call or Fax the Lyme Pediatrician in CT.
He has treated over 7,000 children with Lyme & is familiar with congenital Lyme.
He is absolutely wonderful!!!

Dr Charles Ray Jones
New Haven, CT
Phone 203 - 772 - 1123
Fax 1 - 203 - 772 - 0682

Drs' names are not given on LymeNet unless they have given permission. Dr J has.

Go to www.wildernetwork.org/LDpediatricfund.html
Read "Children of L.D." that Dr Jones wrote.

Keep in touch & let us know how you & the baby are doing.
We care!!

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firsttwin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for firsttwin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shelli,

I am so sorry for you and your husband's losses. If everything else has been ruled out, it would not hurt at all to get you and your husband tested for Lyme. There is a lab in California that is very reputable for testing for Lyme.

It isn't 100% positive but it has been proven that Lyme can be passed sexually and through utero.

E-mail me and I can give you the information you need for getting tested at this lab. You can call them and they can tell you the information you need to know as to why to get tested by them.

God Bless.

Maria - firsttwin

Posts: 164 | From Rising Sun, MD, USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about your babies maybe a call to Dr Jones may help.
Pediatrics
Dr. Charles Ray Jones, Pediatrician
(203) 772-1123
FAX 1 - 203 - 772 - 0682
111 Park Street, New Haven, CT

Newbies List 06/21/05

WELCOME To LYMENET

Here's more goodys! A typical response to newcomers.

Page 1.

Hi and WELCOME! Get a LLMD or at least Dr that is willing to learn about lyme. "Lyme literacy" means, first and
foremost, knowing how to diagnose the disease accurately. Borrelia Burgdorferi is a clinical diagnosis, based on symptoms and on your response to treatment. Good Luck, bumpy road ahead.
Lyme Disease symptoms 2005
Lyme Symptoms 2005
Post for a LLMD in
Seeking a Doctor. Ps remember I am not a Dr, just a fellow sufferer.
Support Links LLMD's

Lyme State Info Cheryl's
Why we Don't Use Dr's Names Here

LYME DISEASE TREATMENT & DIAGNOSIS
Cheryl's LDT&D
Lyme Disease Misdiagnosed As ...
Art Doherty Misdiagnosed
Art Doherty Lots a Links

Conflicts in Lyme

How to Search Courtesy of Danq
TC LymeNet Links for New Members
TC 50 Questions

TC Warning To Posters

Lida Mattman

DISEASE INFO - COINFECTIONS

Page 2.

Newbie's Lingo

Links for family members

Lyme Disease Audio Network
Dr B's Treatment Guidelines

Dr. Joseph J. Burrascano's Treatment Guidelines
CDC Website on Lyme Disease
International Lyme and Associated Disease Society

Lyme Disease Symptoms
Rashes
Co-IinfectionsThanx M

Rose's 15 Facts for Newcomers
Making the Most of Your LLMD Visit
Camp A and Camp B, The Lyme Disease Contoversy
2nd Version Camp A Camp B

MP Controversy
MP 2
MP 3
MP 4

Why You Can't Trust Medical Journals Anymore
Something to share with friends and family members But You LOOK Good!

Labs
MDL
Igenex Labs
Q-RIBb
Western Blot Info

FDA It is important that clinicians understand the limitations of these tests

Explaining Borreliosis (Lyme) Western Blot Tests
Explanation of Western Blot Bands
Igenex Labs on the Western Blot
Melissa Kaplan's Lyme Website Explains Western Blot
Dr. C Explains Western Blot
( No you don't always see a bite and if there's no bullseye the only way your going to be able to tell is (symptoms) and (((Maybe))) WB or lyme dot blot 3 day urine banged with abx's to free your antigens up for the test.
- = Not Present
+ = Low
++ = Medium
+++ = High
+/- = Equivocal = Indeterminate its there but not as intense as low) )

See this ( . )thats the size of the larva stage tick...
Next nymph size... ( * )
Next is adult ( o ) to ( 0 )
Pretty small????? HUH

Western Blot
Blood Brain Barrier

ABX `s Cross Blood Brain Barrier
Blood Tests Meanings

Blood Tests Meanings

Page 3.

Flagyl,= List of ****dazole's that I have found
Cyst's Treatment
ABX= Antibiotics
Antibiotics Poll
Abx's Poll
Flagyl" by Martin Atkinson Barr
Nitroimidazoles

Drug Interactions and Other Drug Info
Drug Digest & Interactions
Drug Interactions
American Medical Women's Association
Tiscali Reference Encyclopedia

Herxing
What Is a Herxheimer Reaction?
What Is Herxing?
The Herxheimer Reaction

Herxheimer Reaction Explained

Candidiasis

Quote Lida

Ilads

Yeast Problem Diet too
Oral Yeast
Oral Yeast
ZIPZIP Thanks

IntestinalFlora

Parasites
Put word Diarrhea in Search
Morgellons
Infestations

More Tick Disease
Infections by Bugs Ticks Mosquitos Lice Etc
Infectious Disease List

Coinfections 1

Coinfections 2

Bartonella Rash's

RMSF

RMSF Tree

RMSF Spotless=HME

Tularemia
Tularemia

Tularemia Rabbit Fever

Mycoplasmal Infections
Mycoplasmal CDC

Mycoplasma

Autoimmune Debate

Mycoplasma Treatments

Alzheimer's

Elderly Alzheimer's

ALS

Another Story

Lou Gerhrig's ALS

Lida M
Good Article ALS MS And More Etc
Good Article ALS
ALS
Lou G ALS
M S
MS
Danette MacDonald
I'm not giving up
ALSO trigger MS
Lyme a hidden danger
The saga continued
Tom Grier
Links

Lupus Lyme
Lupus Lyme Misdiagnosed
Lyme Disease Misdiagnosed as Fibromyalgia
Fibro Lyme

Lyme Misdiagnosed as other disease's
Lyme Disease Misdiagnosed As ...
CFS CFID
CFS CFID
CFS

Page 4.

Garlic Proper way to eat it
Garlic

Check Diet Link Atkins Diet

PORT-A-CATH (catherter)
Abx's Port

Prolotherapy

Transmission Lyme
Transmission Fleas Mosquito's Food Etc
Transmission Etc

Transmission Art Doherty

Sexually Transmitted ???
Transmitted Through Sex?
Sex Question-Serious-Adult Content

Looks like like they killed this one hmm Blood Supply

Video On Demand: Blood Supply May Be Source Of Lyme Disease Infections

Good Site Canadian Lyme Disease Association
FDA on Lyme Testing

Legal Help
InsuranceLaws
Medical Records Privacy
Legal Help
Legal Help
Legal Help
Legal Help
Legal Help

MatthewGoss Site
GreatSite
MedicalDictionary

Cheryl's Site

MorphologySimplified

Tonsils crimson crescents

Killing Lymphocytes By Spirochetes

Wealth of Info

Support
USA Support

SupportGroups Canada
Canada SupportGroups
Associations, Foundations, and Support by Country

Marnies...... Ten Points Regarding Mg and Lyme Disease
In a Nutshell P1

In a Nutshell P2

Part1 Long over Due
Part2
Part3
Part4
Part5
Part6
Part7

Updated in a Nutshell
For My Friends

Canlyme MAG
Silver Discussions
Silver Treatments
Tom Grier on Silver
Grier

Articles By Tom Grier
NMDA Receptor Lyme Brain

Help Free
Help with Meds
Help! Free Meds
Vitamins you should Know
Tests Synonyms Guide
Lab Tests Looky

Melanie Reber

Coping with Financial Burdens

Blood Donor Info
Pain Info
Pain Info

Female Related Problems

Tin Cups Pregnancy & Lyme Update 5/24/05
Female Issues
Unplanned Pregnancy
Pregnancy
Pregnancy?
TC Link Pregnancy
Insurance
Insurance SS
Disability Help Minoucat Bunches of Goody's

Permethrin
How to apply Permethrin
How to apply Permethrin Pic
Permethrin Site
Discussion on Repellants
ALDF Four Poster Coup
Tick Testing
Tick Testing
Herbs
Herbs Be Careful
HerbsCancer Center

Psychiatric Lyme
Fallon & Tager Report
Duramater NeuroPsych Info Kids&Adults
Neurologic Lyme
Neurologic Lyme

Dirty Truth
Sporadic Schizophrenia
Psychiatric Manifestations
Columbia Lyme
Schizophrenia & Lyme Disease
Sunra links

Page 5.

Scans & How they Work

How Cat Scan Works

How PET Scan Works

How MRI Works

How XRAY Works

How UltraSound Works
Explains LD50 Chemicals Toxicities
MSDS SITE
Silver

Interested in what Trolls are?

Remember This
Rules
Success Stories
Success Stories
Chat
LD Chat Room Links
Spirochetes Pics Link
SPIROCHETES FORMS 1
SPIROCHETES FORMS 2
SPIROCHETES FORMS 3
SPIROCHETES FORMS 4
Conspiracy Theories
US Patent Pathogenic mycoplasma
CDC CITATIONS
Citations

A copy of this is stored in computer Help section.

Newbie Links

Updated 06/21/05

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Tyson
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kara Tyson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry for your loss.

Have both of you been tested for Tay-Sachs? Although it is known as a "jewish" disease, it isnt.

It is a disease in many groups of people--including Cajuns who live in the St. Charles, Louisiana area (who never have been Jewish).

Most ob's/ geneticist wouldnt think of running the tests unless the couple is Jewish, missing possible victims to this awful genetic disorder. The disease normally moves slower than what you are discribing but coupled with Lyme..you just never know.

Just a thought.

Kara

Posts: 6022 | From Mobile, AL | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biting Back
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biting Back     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so very sorry for your losses. Since you tested positive for lyme, the best thing you can do for your baby is to take the zithromax and follow-up with an experienced LLMD. I lost 6 babies and discovered last year I'd had lyme all along.

Will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 703 | From Almost Heaven | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheli,

You and your husband have my heartfelt sympathies and prayers. You are very brave.

Both my children were born with LD. One had undiagnosed bellspasey at 6 weeks. The other was failure to thrive after being born over 8.5 pounds.

I urge you to follow cbb's advise and call Dr. Jones immediately.

God bless,
Linda

Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lishs mom
Member # 2344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lishs mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shelly-Since your in Oregon, I suggest you get in touch with the Oregon Lyme Disease Network. www.oregonlyme.org

Posts: 1918 | From Central, Oregon | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shelli,

CALL BOTH!!!

Call Dr. Jones--he will help you through this--you have to press through with an emergency message and just tell the folks that answer what you told us.

Dr. Jones is a national treasure.

L

Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabbytamer
Member # 3159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tabbytamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shelli,

So sorry for all your pain and loss.

As you can see, there are many wonderful people here that are willing to share their experiences and suggestions.

Let's do everything we can to keep you and your baby girl well. Also, as you learn about Lyme, you will find out about signs and symptoms you can watch for in your baby #3.

Dr. Jones is the pediatrician to see regarding Lyme. He used to be able to even answer questions over the phone for open-minded doctors, in case a trip to Conn. is out of the question right now.

There is also a program called Angel Flights that offers free flights for children for medical reasons.

Welcome. Glad you found us. If it is Lyme that has been affecting your family, try to take comfort in knowing that there is something that can be done to help.

------------------
Tabby

Posts: 2098 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shelli Nanez
Member # 7499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shelli Nanez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Biting Back:
I'm so very sorry for your losses. Since you tested positive for lyme, the best thing you can do for your baby is to [b]take the zithromax and follow-up with an experienced LLMD. I lost 6 babies and discovered last year I'd had lyme all along.

Will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.[/B]

Posts: 2 | From Woodburn, Oregon, USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lyme bacteria causes immune suppression. This allows old infections that our body has held in check to resurface-like HHV6 and CMV.
Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

This is horrible! My sincere condolences for your great loss!

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

This is horrible! My sincere condolences on your great loss!

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do I understand that until just recently you were unaware that you have Lyme disease?

Were you ever tested before?

Women who have Lyme are often advised to take amoxicillin before and during pregnancy.

Lyme may be sexually transmitted. Has your husband been tested?

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

Save the cord blood and have it tested for Lyme-not sure which test-maybe PCR-igenex or MDL or Bowen or all of them-Sometimes valuable time is lost waiting for test results when Lyme treatment is needed.

I spoke to another mother, can't remeber who, who had the cord blood saved and sent to Florida to be saved in a freezer in case future testing was needed.

I am not a doctor, just a Lyme patient who reads a lot. This is not medical advice. Perhaps you should strongly consider starting antibiotics now at a sufficient dose. And also consider if the baby should begin antibiotics treatment ASAP after birth.

seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I vote for staying with Dr K and go see Dr J if you want a 2nd opinion.

In my experience most LLMD's only treat tick-borne infections and don't address viruses and pesticides and other infections or toxins adequately. Your current doctor (Dr K) appears to be trying to treat more than just the tick-borne infections.

Dr K is very experienced in treating Lyme and yes it is unfortunate he did not make this diagnosis sooner, but as they say "lyme is the great imitator."

For info on Dr K's Lyme protocols go to
http://www.neuraltherapy.com Click on articles and protocols.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cafe67
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shelli - don't know what to say, So sorry does not cover it. Just know you are not alone. Wow. this really made me think back and wonder!

I lost a child at 8 months gestation (no explanation) and 13 weeks (down's). Found out I had strep B, which can sometimes pass through mucus plug or baby can contact when passing through birth canal.

One screeing test came back neg. One pos for strep B?

Both boys were born with infections, though? and jaundiced. Treated with antibiotics at birth.

I always wondered if there was more to it though now that I discovered I have lyme.

I had iv antibiotics during births for last two births and probably saved both my two boys.

God bless you and prayers for your baby girl, you and your husband!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement