LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Non-tickborne coinfections

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Non-tickborne coinfections
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering who has been diagnosed with non-tick-borne coinfections that your doctor believes is adding to you symptoms. And what those infections are.

My LLMD has thought from the beginning of treatment that my worst sympotms were related to salmonella and not the Lyme. Anybody out there who has been diagnosed with salmonella and not a patient of Dr. Z?

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has there been a C & S (culture and sensitivity) done on your stool for Salmonella?

Have you had an Igenex Western Blot?

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to know what infections others have, I'm not really looking for help about my situation. I was just curious. But answers to your questions are below.

I had a bunch of stool sample tests before starting treatment. I don't know if once was specific for salmonella, but they were all negative. But I've tested highly positive for antibodies to salmonella, and they increased recently. My doctor doesn't think it's in the gut, she thinks it's causing most of my arthritic symptoms.

I've had Western Blots for Lyme through MDL. My LLMD doesn't use Igenex, but I've had positive WB. She doesn't say I don't have Lyme, just that my symptoms are more common with salmonella induced reactive arthritis.

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have tested positive for H. pylori, but since half the world's population has been exposed to this, and it was an IgG antibody test, not sure this proves an active infection. Having a hard time believing it needs treatment because I have no GI symptoms and have surely been on abx long enough to clobber it. Don't know if having ppi or other bismuth type prep added is crucial to treating this germ.

My feeling is that we have all been exposed to a lot of germs and therefore have corresponding antibodies, not active infections with all these things.

Not commenting on your salmonella situation since I don't know anything on the subject.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymed04
Member # 7454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymed04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EBV Ab Early antigen IgG / positive

EBV Ab VCA IgG / >170 / positive if over 19

Parvovirus B19 IgG / 5.3 / postive if over 1.1

Teddi

Posts: 16 | From The Land of Pleasant Living | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tested poeitive for Mycoplasma Fermentans, could be tick-borne, could be environmental.

Of course, there's Candida, I had three strains, systemic.

Son positive for systemic Strep, chronic, and also Mycoplasma Fermentans.

I also had intestinal parasites..a huge co-infection (non-tick-borne) acknowledged throughout the world, but most American MD's will not acknowledge it.

In thrid world countries a very accurate, quick, and CHEAP stool test is run...here...if you can even get tested at all..it's bucko bucks at one specialized lab, who charges you for a separate test for each species.
There are like 100 species!

It's silly IMO to think we don't have this in America. Like the parasites check themselves at border patrol, lol.
My imbalance was borne out of disease and treatment, these parasites are among us, and most people live with healthy populations of them, ones that don't hurt them...but when balance is off, meds are taken, organs not functioning, they get out of control.

I didn't bother testing, just sought through treatment and found.

ABX don't treat them, they contribute to the loss of the good guys that can control the small eggs and larvae in our bodies just through normal human exposure. Once the balance is off, they need to be eradicated purposefully, because probiotics can't control large infestations once they have a foothold.

Mo

[This message has been edited by Mo (edited 27 June 2005).]

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where do you think you got these parasites, Mo?

I have traveled in a number of third world countries, etc so there is a chance they might have a foothold in me too. Has been suggested to me that sometimes these things hibernate until immune balance upset by things like lyme, then reactivate. Don't know what to think. Not anxious to start treatment for yet another thing!

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HiHopes
Member # 7286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HiHopes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aniek,

I see Dr. Z, too. Besides Lyme and Babs, I have strep, h. pylori, m. pneumoniae.

I had my tonsils out in Sept. '04 for the chronic strep.

I was not positive for salmonella...

Posts: 31 | From Northern VA, US | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HiHopes
Member # 7286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HiHopes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, I forgot to say...Yes she thinks the strep has definitely played a major role in making the Lyme and babs symptoms worse.

When I herx, my strep titer goes way up. When I'm in between herxes, it goes back down. When the body is stressing through a herx, it allows all the other bugaboos we have to come back out to party. I have my labs done every two weeks with the mepron, so you can see the numbers go up and down with the flares...

I'm on ketek, mepron, amoxicillin and plaquenil.

Posts: 31 | From Northern VA, US | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EBV, CMV, one positive one time for HHV-6, aspergillis, c. diff, H. pylori, herpes simplex 2. No salmonella.
Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lou - I should probably start a separate thread on intestinal parasites..

though I consider it an important non-tick-borne co-infection all chronic illnes/ and or med taking patients to consider..

The subject here has traditionally been
"un-poop-ular"

So anyone can just scroll by if this is not of interest to them..

I don't know for sure where I got them..in 2000 I was in Turks and Caicos eating local fare..including raw conk..

however, I have learned in reality we can pick them up everywhere..testaurant food, pets for sure, children, people's hands..restrooms..ect, ect, ect.

I have also learned most of us have them at any given time, the problem comes when they are out of control.

Chronic illness, effected organs, and the meds all make for an environment where they can flourish, and natural defenses are down.

I thought this made logical sence, but was still very shocked to the extent I had them.

GiGi has written a bit about her experiences ..a member I haven't seen in a while named Bob Tx also..
but as I said..many don't want to think about this part when they are in treatment for so much.

I think I may have gotten them in any of the above places, and my situation made for big trouble.

Some who study and treat this reccomend intensive herbal cleansing, **after bowel cleanse (so they have a clear way out)..and then can maintain with weekly doses of anti-parasitic herbs, or daily drop of oregano..something along these lines..
to keep control over exposure we get living daily life.
(oregano oil is also excellent to put in hand soaps and in a squirt bottle to wash veggies)

However, on continued abx, maintainance would have to be tailored to the situation.

Mo

[This message has been edited by Mo (edited 27 June 2005).]

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First worms, then protozoa (amoeba and trichmonades), then strep.

Parasites are abundant in many patients. My doctor starts Lyme patients often with parasite treatments - deworming. (Salt & C)Dr. K. has found many of them in every patient, that is why he has included hundreds of them in the KMT22 device I used to treat myself with.

Giardia, amoeba histolica and trichomonas are next. These can only be detected in fresh stool for about 20 minutes. Lab tests are inadequate. ART testing locates them. Then come the strep infections which often coexist with the herpes viruses - most effective for these are the Pleo-Sanum remedies; they are also used as antidotes for aspergillus niger and mucor racemosus.

Parasites should be the first order of treatment. It makes no sense, to treat the overgrowth of viruses first and then the worms, because All worms in the gut are infected with viruses. If you treat the viruses first and then the worms, the viruses in the worms will survive the treatment and will hatch again as soon as the worms are being killed off. Then the patient has his viral infection again - the worms are gone but not the viruses.

Strep is often responsible for some of the brain symptoms. Tonsils!! They have a dominant influence on the whole rest of the lymphatic system in the gut............Lymph drainage is very important, which again is also done well with the KMT22.

Dr. K. always looks for giardia and amoebas. Giardia is in all lakes and rivers in the U.S. Amoebas in most restaurants. They did a survey under the fingernails of restaurant workers and they found that virtually every type of worm egg that's known in the word. It's not a question whether you traveled to India or Asia. Every parasite is anywhere in the world. People travel, parasites travel, -- that means there is a good chance that parasites that are living in India are now living in this country. He finds a lot of chronic fatique with Giardia; food allergies, environmental sensitivites - basically all the modern diseases - think Giardia.

Amoebas are a bit different; causing alternating chronic constipation, little diarrhea. Chronic Sinusitis. Some parasites are also learning to adapt to us and not kill us.

Worms - some new research. All parasites work very strongly to modulate the immune system of the host. This is used now in medicine to treat Crohn's and other autoimmune diseases of the gut - to implant worms! The worms kind of send out the neuropeptides to mobilize the immune system and that modulation stays behind. So once you have had parasites and they are long gone, their immune modulation often stays behind and that can be addressed by giving nosodes, the homeopathic preparation of that particular worm or parasite, just once - and the immune system will take off from there and starts behaving in a way it behaved before the parasite came aboard. So homeopathic nosodes have an important place in reorganizing the immune system!

Ascaris - the larvae travels through the connective tissue of the liver, the lymphatics of the liver through the lung at night -- in the morning, the patient caughs a few times - mucus and things -- and go on to have a normal day. What happens -- the larvae come up and they get swallowed and then grow to mature worms again. Dr. K. told of a number of asthma patients, knock out ascaris (Bentazole and such), asthma gone.

One last thing - if you don't want worms, don't drink milk. If you want worms, drink milk. If you drink milk, the worms congregate in the gut and have their feast and to into sort of a trance state. That's the time to hit them with with the herbal compound, which paralyzes them, and they come out.

I could tell more - but I got to get to the kitchen to fix dinner.

Lou, just some more of whatever you called my posts the other day. So I hope you SOB. It's for real ========= all of the above.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

I don't want to get in a fight with you Gigi. People who come here with alternative methods are frequently just as dismissive of other, more traditional medicine.

People have a right to do whatever they want to in treating their diseases. I have said this constantly. But when newcomers arrive and they get only one side, then I try to add balance. I do not call you names, so I don't think you are showing very good manners here.

Docdave has objected in the past to what seemed like your ignoring his professional experience.

This is a difference in approach that should be pointed out.

The thing that made me mad, that caused me to use the word snake oil, was Bryan's post that suggested rife to a parent coming here for advice on how to treat a child. This was a child who had never had any treatment at all. This was offensive. I hope you would not defend this.

I'm glad all your treatments have brought you good health, but not many people could have all their amalgams removed, do all the numerous and extensive treatments you have done. It is very expensive and complicated. I don't think it is insulting to say this.

Sorry to highjack this thread, but your name calling is offensive.

GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lou, I have never called anyone any unpleasant names on this board.

Just for your info, SOB means, if you don't care for the subject or object to the subject matter, scroll on by!

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

I have to say...I thought SOB meant something els...good to know.

HiHopes -
We are on a very similary protocol. I'm not on Mepron, and we think I kicked the babs with Ketek, plaquenil and artemisinin. My salmonella numbers had gone down, but rised again so we added amoxicillin back in. Somethings I think Dr. Z is psychic. Two days in and my lower back near my shoulders and sacroiliac joints are tender. Just where she said the salmonella would hit.

HiHopes
Member # 7286

Aniek,

That's great that you kicked the babs. Was it a clinical diagnosis or did you test positive? I have WA-1, which has become endemic in my area. It's definitely not just in the pacific northwest...

Can I ask how much amoxicillin you're on? I'm on 2000 mg amoxy for strep. She's had me on numerous different abx's for it and it just won't stay away...

I think Dr. Z has a good grasp on the "big picture", which is so important to recovery.

Aniek
Member # 5374

My babs titer for WA-1 was equivocal, but it was the test and clinical diagnosis. I have to say, I'm not 100% sure it's gone, but we will see.

I just added the amox back into the regiment, and she is starting me low. I could be wrong, but I think I'm at 500mg twice a day and will increase to 1000mg 3x a day. I'll try to remember and check tonight. She changes dosage depending on each patient I know. She usually doesn't give me as a high a dose as she is, but she wants to try and hit it hard.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement