LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Yeast 911

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yeast 911
amkdiaries
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7035

Icon 4 posted      Profile for amkdiaries   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going on a yeast diet is very difficult for me to stay on and keep up with, because I'm a sugar maniac and just can't stay away from sweets. And everytime I eat a big meal, after I'm done, I feel like I never ate... and could eat again. I heard this was a symptom of yeast. I've also been losing weight- I've lost about 20 pounds. I used to be 130pds, and now I'm 106. Is this also a symptom of yeast? Does yeast make you lose weight? My doctor told me that yeast does the opposite- it makes you gain. And by going on a yeast diet- by cutting the sweets, the bread, the cookies, the cake, etc, you will lose weight. But when I go on the yeast diet, I find out that at the end of the day, I have GAINED at least two pounds. Could it be that yeast makes you lose weight, and by going on the yeast diet while taking Nystatin, you are killing off the yeast, and your body is now getting a chance to put back all the weight that you lost, so that it mantains its normal function as before and balances the normal body weight that the body is supposed to have? But then I hear from other patients that the yeast makes them gain because of all the sugar and bread that they ate in order to cause the yeast infection. I think that yeast affects each induvidual differently, in a different way. This yeast stuff can be deadly.

amk

Posts: 425 | From NY, United States | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my experience that is somewhat unusual. How long have you been on the diet? After about 3-4 wks ...if you are strict on the diet...the sugar cravings should be WAY down or be completely gone.

I used to eat alot of sugar too....didn't even think of it as being alot. Half the world eats that way! [well, half of the Americans! ]

Candida elimination: http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html
Lyme symptoms list compared with yeast symptoms http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021202.html

------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice. I am not a doctor, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express!
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Am
The No carb diet is Very Important--
--No way around it--
To gain weight eat--
White meat(eaiser to digest)
Fish and
Fresh Nuts --not nut butters(mold)
Spice up foods if you stomic allows-
Eat many small meals--

Candida will make you crave sugar ect.
I ate 5 candy bars in one sitting and
I dont even Like candy.

This craving will go away--

Get Nystatin Powder--if you can--
Much more Powerful and Effective--
Powder Has to be refidgerated--

Candida eats the food that is
supposed to be for you--
so you lose weight--
But the candida also increases
in number and you gain some weight--
So it is a up and down process--

I have read that a persons digestive
system has around 9 pounds of bactira
in it--

I had candida very bad--
You can beat it --I have--

If you cheat on diet--you will pay--
-for sure-every time--Dont do it--
--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1tick3victims
Member # 7445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1tick3victims     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi amk,

I may have stumbled across something very interesting today regarding yeast. I currently have a major problem with yeast and probably have leaky gut syndrome, where the yeast has now gone into the fungal stage and has grown roots out of my intestinal walls (the lyme fog brain version of medical events).

I have lost over 50 lbs in the past year and the drs. have not been able to figure out why. When I do have an appetite, which is not often, I crave carbs. I do not have a strict diet because I eat when I can and it is virtually impossible for me to stick to.

Anyhow, I was at my llmd office today for a liver test because I am on rocephin and I happened to see my dr and mentioned that I have another yeast infection (in the private parts). He suggested that we switch from diflucan to another drug, but I made an another appt. to discuss all of that.

BUT, he asked what probiotic I was taking and said that you often times need to hit the gut with several probiotics. I am on Metagenics probiotic (supposedly one of the best).

He gave me a product called "ThreeLAC" and I went home. I had not been feeling well today, so I was in bed doing research on other topics and just happended to come across this same product.

I have the utmost confidence in this llmd because he as addressed so many side effects of my lyme disease, that other llmds/ducks have missed or not known about.

He is a huge proponent of addressing candida. The info for "ThreeLAC is on the site, so that you can make your own informed decision, but I just wanted to throw this out there.

Please don't take this as medical advice. I am in no way a medical practioner or salesperson for this product -- just an ordinary lyme patient doing as much research as possible to find the right products for my own dilapitated condition.

------------------
best regards and blessings,
paisley

Posts: 57 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlkeen
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlkeen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stuggled with weight a bit before serious lyme treatmment.

I thought it was the lyme messing with my system that caused tohe weight gain. I had been eating my "normal" diet with carbs for years with no weight problem until I was very sick with lyme.

The weight dropped quickly with long term abx, I had been doing the low carb thing throughtout my spotty abx treatments. I did end up avoiding wheat, that may have played a part too. My memory is not clear and I don't keep a diary.

It is my understanding that blend of 3 probiotics can be much better in the gut too.

You will find the right combo of diet and probiotic to beat the yeast. Your gut may need a bit of time to heal from the yeast in it. Everything inside me, just feels much calmer now. It seems to me it took a couple of week to really feel a difference.

Mel

Posts: 1572 | From Pa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyddie
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interestingly, yeast and "leaky gut" have caused my daughter to GAIN 25 pounds, mainly from fluid resulting from food sensitivities caused by food molecules going through the gut linng directly into the bloodstream.

Yeast in the gut also caused gastritis for her. Along with the weight loss, did you have pain or reflux? Did you have diahhrea? I wonder if the yeast caused some sort of problem w/absorption for you. Are you taking vitamins?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amkdiaries
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amkdiaries   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been getting constant reflux, where I'm constantly belching like crazy and I have stomach bloating after I eat a full meal. I used to have diarreah, but I don't have that anymore. The yeast is slowly affecting my esophagus and my stomach, which is probably causing me to have the weight loss because by eating, the nutrition is going to the yeast and not so much to my body and I think that is the cause of the weight loss. The yeast is getting more of the food than my body.
Posts: 425 | From NY, United States | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1tick3victims
Member # 7445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1tick3victims     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have bloating all the time. It feels like I'm full. i also have belching, reflux and throwing up. My llmd said it is yeast gone wild. I read that it is going to take time for it to heal with the proper antiyeast regimen.
Posts: 57 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement