LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » bea seibert/glutathione question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bea seibert/glutathione question
janet thomas
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bea- Do you know anything about the effectiveness of oral glutathione vs IV glutathione?

Thank you,

janet

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janet

wellnesshealth.com 800 227 2627

They were represented at Hope to Heal. One of the handouts written by Dr. Michelle Alpert says:

"For those who do not have access to intravenous glutathione at their doctor's, whey protein has been found to increase cellular glutathione. Two popular whey proteins are ImmunePro and Immunocal.
In addition, a supplement, LipoCeutical Glutathione, is now available from Wellness Pharmacy, a compunding pharmacy in Alabama, in a liposomal form for efficient oral absorption".

Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
valy-

Thanks-the Lipoceutical Glutathione is the one my LLMD has me using!

I was told (elsewhere) oral glutathione was not absorbed well. Wasn't sure what to think.

I do get IV glutathione during my monthly office visits.

Janet

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

oops

[This message has been edited by janet thomas (edited 10 July 2005).]

liz28
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can also take N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) orally.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reading about it on LymeNet, I'm taking N-acetyl cysteine and sublingual glutathione.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1tick3victims
Member # 7445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1tick3victims     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had been doing i.v, glutathione a while back and thought I noticed a decrease in my pain. Anyone noticed similar side effect?

------------------
best regards and blessings,
paisley

Posts: 57 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsatlast
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsatlast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I recently restarted IV glutathione along with methylcolbalamin injections IM and my neuropathy suddenly went away. I have had it in my feet since 2002. If I stop the injections, the pain returns.
Posts: 156 | From MA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got my computer back from the shop.

I have been told that oral glutathione is not well absorbed by several MD's.

The doctor who is doing the FDA trial on IV glutathione is the author of Brainrecovery.com and The Better Brain Book. I haven't bought his second book yet, but would suggest you check there for scientific info or check his website.

Checked the website http://www.inutritionals.com and did a search for oral glutathione -- says oral will not work but it may simply be that can't get the dose high enough like with IV.
Will go back later to view the video of Dr P from the Oprah show.

Alpha Lipoic Acid and N-acetylcysteine plus selenium and I think there are a couple of other things that are required by the body to produce glutathione.

Dr PK in Philadelphia (The Detox Book) recommends Wellness Pharmacy or Medhaus (cheaper). Hubby had a bad experience with Hopewell Pharmacy brand. These are all for IV glutathione.

Hubby did use specially formulated glutathione in a nebulizer for a while. Expensive, but it did seem to help some with lymph drainage -- he has bilateral hilar adenopathy from Lyme or Babs.

Hubby is one of those people who has paradoxical reactions to most things that should help. At times IV glutathione makes him feel much better, but more frequently I end up stopping in the middle of the IV push to give him a dose of IV Ativan.

Our new primary care doctor -- she's only 50 miles away so I hope she's right -- told us today at our first appointment that she feels the reason hubby has reactions to the Kane protocol with the IV phosphatidylcholine and the IV Glutathione is because he is so toxic from either heavy metals (mercury) or pesticides (from food) or lyme toxins (in my opinion only -- she is not an LLMD unfortunately).

Some MD's including Dr P above use IV glutathione exclusively to detox mercury. Hubby had previous treatment with IV DMPS and oral DMSA plus cilantro and bear garlic and some d-penicillamine. This was prior to Lyme diagnosis and he has never had the same type positive detox reactions with the IV glutathione as he did with the IV DMPS which worked every time before the Lyme diagnosis and does not help now.

Great Smokies has a genetic test for glutathione that is included on the Detox genetic test See http://www.gsdl.com

I am also pretty sure that Great Smokies includes glutathione function on their Detox Challenge test -- you swallow an aspirin and then Tylenol I think and then some caffeine pills. It shows how well your Phase 1 and Phase 2 detox pathways are working.

Lots of problems on hubby's detox test 2 or 3 years ago. Test requires both blood and urine samples. If I am remembering correctly the caffeine pills are what really bothered hubby -- caused lots of tremors and neuro symptoms.

I really can't answer your question for sure, but maybe I pointed you in the right direction.

Bea Seibert

[This message has been edited by seibertneurolyme (edited 19 July 2005).]

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement