LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bye bye mepron buddies...sniff...for now. Questions.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bye bye mepron buddies...sniff...for now. Questions.
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Icon 5 posted      Profile for aliyalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried editing my message that I wrote at 2 AM, that made no sense and the changes didn't show up. So I reposted and nw I will go and delete the original post.

I talked to my LLMD and told him about the constant sweats even tho I stopped the mepron almost 2 weeks ago, the muscle weakness, debilitating fatigue, etc and he told me to d/c the zith also and start flagyl, very very slowly.

I know flagyl is a cyst buster and can be rough. Here are my questions - will the babesia become resistant? Should I add artemisinin at some point? How long will this newly opened bottle of mepron last?$$$$ Also, my main question is what is his reasoning for this? I know he believes the turtle wins the race. I wondered if I had to just deal with the sx, even though my right hand is becoming very weak and the fatique is immobilizing.

Any thoughts?

Posts: 830 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz28
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think flagyl has any effect on babs.

The treatment that is working for me is mepron 2 teaspoons/2x day, artemisinin at least 300mg/day, and ketek. If you do a google search on artemisinin, the World Health Organization, and malaria, you will see that artemisinin is considered vital to recovery from malaria, and mepron is on the verge of obsolescence.

Unfortunately, I think you have to be on this babs treatment a long time. I've been taking it for nine months. Although the most debilitating symptoms were gone in a couple of months, I've continued to flare at least once per month, and cannot yet go off the abx.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, I don't know why he said that. You might want to call back and ask. I'm sure he has a good reason, but I'm like you...I'd like to understand it!

Call your pharmacist and ask how long the mepron will last. I doubt you've taken the last of it.

------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice. I am not a doctor, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express!
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pippy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6005

Icon 11 posted      Profile for pippy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops

[This message has been edited by pippy (edited 20 July 2005).]

Posts: 446 | From California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6789

Icon 10 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD also mentioned flagyl for babs when I complained about mepron nightmares.

I'm staying on mepron / biaxin though.....

Heather

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement