LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Serrapeptase and Doxy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Serrapeptase and Doxy?
felinitie
Member # 7403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for felinitie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it okay to take serrapeptase at the same time as doxy, or other abx?

Would it affect the doxy in any way, mitigating its potency?

I would like to get maximum effect from the limited amount of doxy I have, and I think that dissolving the excess fibrin in my blood and exposing the hidden pathogens would allow more to be killed.

I've herxed badly on serrapeptase alone before, and would like to continue to take it with the doxy now if possible.

Thanks for your help!

Posts: 39 | From california | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

felinite,

could you please describe what your serrapeptidase herx was like.

i'm considering a number of enzyme(s), singular and multiple. Never did serrapeptidase, and once saw this referred to as elastase, in which case it might explain the herx, as elastase is supposed to kill or bring ab out the death of borrelia.

is serrapeptidase another name for elastase.

if elastase, then there would be other problems with consuming large doses of elastase.

i had good results with wobenzyme, Rutozym, and nattokinase.

thanx

pq

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
felinitie
Member # 7403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for felinitie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pq,

Serrapeptase is a proteolytic enzyme produced by silkworms. They use it to dissolve their silk cocoons when it is time to emerge.

The commercially sold serrapeptase is a synthetic form, and is supposed to be able to dissolve excess fibrin in the blood, dissolve athrosclerotic(sp?)plaque on the arteries, reduce inflammation and promote healing.

I've never heard of it referred to as elastase.

When I first began taking it I had been having serious chest pains, heart palpitations, throbbing in my throat and abdomen, etc.; symptoms consistent with Lyme carditis.

I found that all these symptoms intensified when I took the SP, plus I got intense burning and pain in my diaphram and ribs, burning pain in my hips, pain in my legs, feet, arms, hands and face, and I got a headache.

I had started right off with two Serraflayzyme tablets (Cardiovascular Research) morning and evening on an empty stomach, but pulled back to two/day, and finally every other day. When I would stop the symptoms would lessen.

There is no doubt in my mind that the serrapeptase was exposing those buggers to my immune system and I was having quite a bit of die off.

I think it could only be better with the doxy, and I have tried it once with the same effects (big herx), but I'm concerned that the SP could digest the doxy too, rendering it impotent.

Does anyone know if this can happen?

felinitie

Posts: 39 | From california | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh goody, I'm so glad to see someone else posting about Serrapeptase.

Here is some of the info I found on it:

Serrapeptase info http://smart-nutrition.net/serrapeptase-research.htm

Serrapeptase team with antibiotics http://tinyurl.com/a5x49

I did buy this to see if it would help with the aches and pains. Doctors in Europe use it for arthritic pain. I noticed some reduction in pain, but then that stopped.

Several people here have tried it for sinus infections, but have not posted back yet.

Although I don't take antibiotics, there seems to be alot of info about Serrapeptase helping the antibiotics to work better.
(Google both words.)

You said, "I think that dissolving the excess fibrin in my blood and exposing the hidden pathogens would allow more to be killed."
I'm still taking the Serrapeptase, in hopes that it will help my immune system to get at the bacteria better.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ICEiam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ICEiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ordered some for my daughter, someone, can't even remember who said it might help her sinus problem the MRI shows. she is also in a great deal of pain right between her eyes. Right now she is only on 400 mg of ketek a day. There have been no changes yet...........she has been on 2 tablets twice a day. I will post if anything happens.
Posts: 468 | From Las Vegas NV | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Icey,
That was I who suggested the Serrapeptase.

I think maybe you can take a larger dose than that. The only problem is trying to take it on an empty stomach....I don't want to wait to eat if I'm hungry. I have it in the bedroom with a water bottle, so I can take it as soon as I wake.

Corinne E. also tried it for sinus, don't know how it went for her.

I hope your daughter feels better soon.
Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
felinitie
Member # 7403

Thank you, Carol, for the link to the info about serrapeptase and antibiotics. It answers my question.

Here is another link I discovered that quantifies the amount by which serrapeptase boosts the effectiveness of antibiotics:
http://lassesen.com/cfids/supplements/serrapeptase.htm

I noticed that my brand, Serraflayzyme, contains magnesium stearate. I wonder if that would inhibit the absorption of the abx if I took them at the same time, the way magnesium supplements do. Probably best to do as you do and take it first thing in the morning.

groovy2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi felinitie
the magnesium stearate on pills is
only a very small amount--it is used
to lubbracate the pill so it dose
not stick in the machine that
makes it--It is just a dust--

When taking doxi- do not eat
Dairy of any type
vitimans
minerals
anti acids
for 2 hours before or after taking-

Citrus --in even small amounts can
cause Extreame sun sencitivity
reaction--be very careful--
--google Photo Toxic--

Doxi Must be taken on time--
dont miss doses-very important--
--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement