LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » AKG foot pads

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AKG foot pads
heiwalove
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone know the difference(s) between the new 'heaven' patches and the old ones? any experiences as to which works better?

thanks.

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heaven don't have the same BBQ stink as the originals, but I haven't tried them. hatsnscarves has... I'm sure she'll chime ine.

------------------
Julie G.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyb
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wuzzup, Julie??
Just got my first BBQ feet last night. Wasn't ready for that, but boy do those things turn black!

- JB

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

up again

tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickedntx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Until you find someone who has used both products, you might want to check the web site, which discusses the differences: www.akgnaturals.com
Posts: 977 | From Austin, TX, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 10 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The big advantage of the new "Heaven" patches is they have very little odor and no odor stays on your feet. They are also a very light color.

I don't think they work as well as the original patches which work incredibly well for me. The Heaven patches do work though and are better than any of the many ebay patches I tried. They also have an improved adhesive that comes off easier.

I am using the Heaven patches now during summer because people would notice the strange smell on my feel since I wear sandals to work. I also think they are better when traveling (odor issues). I suppose the original patches are fine in the summer if you're going to a BBQ. The smoky smell would blend right in.

I still use original (smoky BBQ feet) podi patches occasionally and will use them more when it gets cold out and I can wear heavy socks and boots to hide the smell.

Podi patches have given me more relief than anything else has.

hatsnscarfs

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aliyalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hatsn:

What kind of relief?

Posts: 830 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Less tingling and pricking in my legs and feet, less fidgety feet. Less of the scattered energy tingly vibrating feeling in the soles of my feet, return of normal color to my soles (mottled yellow & red before patch). Less toxic feeling, less brain fog, more energy....

The relief started the minute I put on my first original podi patches. Eventually I did the 30 days straight and made a lot of progress.

hatsnscarfs

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aliyalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. That is great that you had so many improvements! I ordered mine yesterday. Hope you continue to clear out the crud and dead keet bodies...
Posts: 830 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ICEiam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ICEiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter has used them since day one, her LLMD gave her a hand out on them and told her to get some that they help but he still didn't really understand why......LOL.

Since she has used them since she started treatment I really don't know how she would feel without them. I know they smell funny and turn really black. She has always used the Heaven ones so I don't know about the old ones.

If you have any questions about them call the phone number, the lady that sells them LOVES to give you any information you want. She is a real nice person.

She also has some other products, some kind of mushroom capsule that she gave us for free and it realy helped with energy.

I hope they work for you.

------------------
ICEY

IDAHO LYME SUPPORT GROUP
[email protected]

Posts: 468 | From Las Vegas NV | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickedntx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hatsnscarfs said: >> I don't think they work as well as the original patches which work incredibly well for me.

In what ways do they not seem to be working as well?

Is it possible that you made a lot of progress with the regular ones and so might not be as cognizant of the benefit you are getting now?

It does look like some pretty good stuff in the original formula is not included in the Heaven formula, but there are things in the Heaven formula that are not in the original formula, though I didn't find any information on the site about those ingredients to compare their possible impact.

I've emailed the company for comment, and will post their reply.

Posts: 977 | From Austin, TX, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've definitely made progress but still have flares. I use the patches 1 - 4 times a week now. The original patches seem to have a stronger drawing effect. The first time I used them I slept through the night (for the first time in years). As I continued to use them I didn't have to pee many times each night and also had deeper sleep.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the Heaven patches; I have them on my feet right now. Everyone is different, they might work better than original for some people. Get some of each and experiment and then let us all know.

In any case the Heaven patches are much better than the ebay patches. Maybe ebay patches would be OK for maintenance in the future but right now I need heavy duty detox.

hatsnscarfs

Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've used the original podi patch and ebay patches both. I think the foot patches have made an incredible difference in my progress so far.
My LLMD first suggested the patches, and I bought a supply of Podi patches from here (original!). I couldn't believe how stinky they were. After about a week of using them on my entire foot each night, I realized this was going to be too expensive to do every night and I would never be able to wear sandals this summer. My feet really reeked. They also stained the sheets and a summer blanket.
BUT I felt they were really doing something positive.
I went in search of less expensive alternatives and found this seller (also on ebay).
http://healthmarvels.net/index.html

I ordered Blue patches from them (specifically formulated for Lyme). These patches were a tiny bit smaller than the others. They didn't leave a bad smell on my feet. They seemed to work well, too...though not as well as the original podi patches. They were also 5 times less expensive than either of the podi pads. And using 6 of them a night really adds up, even with the less expensive pads. Another downside of these pads is that the adhesive backing is problematic -- I had to order an adhesive remover to get off all the adhesive residue on my feet.
Now, I mix the two. I have crippling arthritis in my right knee. I still use the Podi patch (original) on my right heel each night (that correlates with my right knee) and then use the less expensive patches on the rest of my feet.
After almost 8 weeks with both pads, they're still as yucky in the morning as they were the first day. I'm so toxic!
I'm thinking more clearly and seem better able to retain information. Also, my whole right leg was swollen with arthritis. I couldn't walk without a decided limp and wonered if I would ultimately need a walker. Now, the swelling in my right leg has almost completely gone down, and I'm in a lot less pain. I actually have hope now that I will ultimately regain full use of my leg.
I continue to work, and my work is creative and academic.
I don't think any of this would be possible without these pads. I really think they've made an incredible difference in my healing so far.

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Following is information from Andreas at AKGNaturals in response to my inquiry about the difference between the "Original" and "Heaven" foot patch formulas, posted here with his permission:

<< Dear Suzanne,

thank you so much for putting your trust in AKG Naturals and for ordering the Podi Patches. There is quite a bit confusion out there since we introduced our latest brand Podi Patch - Heaven. In general both patches work extremely well. The difference between one and the other is really only for the person to decide who's using them. Every person is different, so with an additional version we try to make everybody happy.

What I mean by that is that the original Podi Patches have a very strong smoky sent (BBQ). Even after use and bathing your feet the sent of BBQ is still around you. Also the adhesive was for some a bit difficult to remove after use. Another aspect was the ingredient Agaricus Blazei Murill - a mushroom powder, and Chitosan - derived from seashells, where some people had worries with food sensitivities / allergies.
But the main reason for us was the fact that for some people the active ingredients worked extremely heavy on there system. In other words the healing crisis was for some to heavy to bear.

So, the introduction of the new Podi Patch - Heaven was able to control most of the problems. It became an instant bestseller. No smell, the adhesive is perfect, and a different choice of ingredients makes the "pulling" less rapid, like more time released, but yet very powerful.

You see, before we offer a product on the market we do extensive tests on volunteers and we use them too. Many of our clients have Lymes and they report to us. We have LLMD's who highly recommend the Podi Patches and send us their clients.

We also ordered some e-bay patches to see what's out there, yes they are way less expensive, but we noticed less pulling and the feedback form customers who come back to us after using the e-bay patches proves that fact.

Since we shipped you the Podi Patch - Heaven I would say you made the right choice. Why not start gentle first. We recommend a minimum of 30 days anyway's, best would be 3 months straight. You can always let us know with your next order to mix your order with both Patches.

Hopefully I could satisfy your questions, but again you are more than welcome to contact us anytime. Your feedback is extremely important to us.

Thanks again,

Sincerely,
Andreas

AKG Naturals
4737 W Avenue L-6
Lancaster, CA 93536
(310) 918 - 6564 www.akgnaturals.com >>

See here for additional information: http://www.akgnaturals.com/Products.html

SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am definitely a supporter and user of detox pads. I started months ago with patches from Wheatgrasskits.com and BodyPureNow.com at up to 2.79 per patch. When I found HealthMarvels.net, I was able to get patches for 83 cents each. I don't know for sure, but I can say that the HM patches look the same as the BodyPure patches, maybe the same Japanese Manufacturer, Kenrico. I am going to read more about the Podi patches and may try them just to see, but so far I am using the gold and blue from HM. See my lab results from a recent patch (this was the BodyPure test) at my web site here:
http://www.betterhealthguy.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34&Itemid=55

In Better Health,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Wow Andie, 6 patches a night!

I've been doing the rotation thing. Balls of feet 1 night, heels the next night, arch of foot 3rd night.

A few times when I was really sick I thought about putting patches on my whole foot but it seemed like more detox than I could handle at once. Maybe it would be OK with the weaker ebay patches.

hatsnscarfs

sofy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where to put the patches??? If I do this it will be self directed. Do the instructions on the pads tell you the spots you can put them on and why you want to pick on spot over the other?

Hats: I like your idea of rotating. It seems like you would be covering all bases and yet not causing too much too soon.

Posts: 561 | From connecticut | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CapriceMom
Member # 4942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CapriceMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Lyme Disease (okay, so that's a brilliant start) and one of my symptoms is terribly painful feet. I literally dread getting up in the morning because I know how much it is going to hurt to put my feet on the floor.
Do these "Podi" pads help with this? Why are the doctors actually recommending them? My insomnia has been getting worse again lately, after a brief respite from this awful symptom, from what I read on the site these pads give you energy and some people can't sleep. Is this a common problem? Can you use them in the day instead of night?
It would be nice to be able to walk with a little less pain.

Posts: 49 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hats,
When I was taking the more expensive pads, I couldn't afford to use them on my entire foot.

Actually, my LLMD thinks the patches really diminish the herx reaction. I have NO idea if that's true, because my last herx was pretty awful. I don't think the ebay patches or the ones Scott was talking about are as strong as the original Podi patch. That's why I use the Podi patch on my right heel (which corresponds to my knee), since that's the worst symptom for me.

Honestly, I've thought I would cut back just as soon as the pads started not drawing stuff out of me. It's just that hasn't happened yet. But I'm still at the beginning of all this...

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Sofy, The podi patch package has the rotation recommendation complete with diagrams. Sometimes it's hard to get the patch to stay in contact with the arch. My solution is to wear tight socks with a little piece of cloth stuffed in between the sock and the patch. Easier than using various tapes.

CapriceM, I slept through the night the first time I used podi-patch. I hadn't slept so well in years. My feet feel so much better in the morning. I keep the patches on for a few hours after I get up.

I think it is best to use the patches while you are sleeping. Wear socks over them. Since your feet hurt so much it might be good to start with the original podi-patch since it is stronger.

hatsnscarfs

CapriceMom
Member # 4942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CapriceMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hatsnscarves, thank you so much for your response.
I think I will try them. It would be nice to sleep AND not have such painful feet.
I have a recommendation that may help you. There is a bandage wrap I use for my horses that will work like a charm to keep the pads right where you want them on your feet (in case you find the socks aren't working as well as you would like. The wrap is called Vetrap. You can get it at any tack shop or feed store, or www.jeffersequine.com . It sticks only to itself so it won't stick to your skin like so many bandages and is stretchy so can get the tightness just the way you want it. It also comes in lots of pretty colors and designs, but that is just for fun. We all need a little fun these days.
Thanks again!

Posts: 49 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just sent my used patch in today for analysis from a lab. The patches I am using are from HealthMarvels at www.HealthMarvels.net. So far I think the gold, green, and blue are the best.

In Better Health,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like the heaven patches. Not only do they turn a dark color, but gooey stuff sticks to them. My feet must be releasing a lot of stuff. I have small feet, so a patch covers almost the entire bottom of the foot.

Alas, they are too expensive for me now and I will try the blue and gold ones described above. Isn't it weird the the things we find out at lymenet? Never in a million years would I have heard of Podi patches anywhere else. Hiker

Posts: 8940 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Scott:

I would be interested to know to what lab you sent your patches for analysis, the cost, what they test for, etc. Or do you have a web site for them?

Thanks,
Suzanne

aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

I sent my podi patch for analysis today. It cost $25 and takes, I think , 10 days. If you google podi patch testing you should find it.

Dr K, GiGi's doctor recommended using them during the day rather than at night. I did a search of detox foot pads yesterday. I think it had to do with more circlulation - lymph, perhaps.

tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Here is the information about how to get PodiPatches tested: http://www.akgnaturals.com/Testing.html

Do you know why Dr. K recommends using them during the day? It would make sense if the idea is that the toxins are extruded (or whatever) through the sweat glands. When we are active, our feet would sweat more, and more toxins released. Is this the rationale?

Also, someone said that the PodiPatch instructions included diagrams about how to rotate them, but I don't see it. Mine (the "Heaven" formula) just show a picture of them on the heel.

I am rotating them and can see being able to wear them during the day when they are on my heel and arch, but they are on my forefeet (or whatever that area is called) tonight, and it would be hard to walk on them during the day. A bit painful.

Semi-Retired
Member # 7722

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Semi-Retired         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Call me what you wish, but am I the only one who's noticed that most of the people hawking these things are new or relatively new?

Yes, I appear to be new too but I forgot my ^&%$# screenname and had to recreate.

Are there any "old" timers who have tried these things and found they've worked? I did it for a week and noticed nothing.

One thing I did notice was the fact that they were already colored and any amount of sweat during the night would cause them to stain. It seemed obvious to me that this was the case in my instance. It wasn't toxins, it was whatever is inside.

I just don't see the logic in this. The bottom of your feet don't have any veins sticking out so absorption is primarily through the epidermis which would imply not much.

How then do the ingredients know intrinsically to enter the body and then manage to deposit the absorbed toxins back into the feet when the body has much better means of excretion???

I would like someone to list LD's initials who are recommending this. The fact that Klinghardt is on board gives it some validity but where is the science?

I'm not trashing any individuals, just the possibility this is another case of removing us from our money. One guy's thoughts.

Posts: 52 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SemiRetired
Ive been here for more than a year and have seen this discussed several times. I do have a skeptical side, just like you but so much of what we try doesnt have solid science behind it and even solid science isnt always relieble.

For instance, for years they told females to take premarin cuz it had all the sciense tests to prove it safety over bio identical hormone replacement.

Now it seems science and all thos studies were wrong and that premarine can and does cause harm.

Im for "if it helps me with lyme" I will follow it.

I am going to try the cheap patches and see what happens. I like the fact they are less strong. They pass my safety test which is it wont hurt me and just might help and wont cost many $$$ to find out.

Im hoping for better sleep. That will help me in every aspect of my search for better health.

Posts: 561 | From connecticut | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5721

Skeptic alarm just went off. I just went to Health Marvels site and clicked on a rewards point thing and they want your personal info for Better Health Guy better known as our "SForsgren"

When someone touts a product here for their own personal $$$ gain this makes my flashing headlights start going bonkers.

Im still going to order a few and give them a try but am not going thru BETTERHEALTHGUY. This make me discount anything he has written.

Its ok to make a buck but if you are going to come here and say you are sick you should disclose that you are also trying to use your sick experience,if you are sick, to earn a $$. Up front disclosure is always best.

tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

I am not here to promote or defend these patches. I am trying them for a month to see what happens. I find it hard to believe that they do things like improve sleep the first night, or take away severe knee pain quickly, etc., but, as someone else said, they seem innocuous enough (something confirmed by my DO), and perhaps they have longer term benefit.

A couple of people have said that their LLMD's recommended these. It would be interesting to know which doctors (initials and city) and on what basis they believe them to be effective, whether scientific explanation or clinical experience with many patients.

[This message has been edited by tickedntx (edited 06 August 2005).]

ICEiam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ICEiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daughter's LLMD recommends Podi patches, he said he had no idea why they work but he told us our very first visit they do. Daughter has always used them........wonder if herxs would be worse without them?

He also gave her information on Hepapro, he doesn't sell these products so he isn't gaining anything from them. There is also a

product called Juice Plus she has taken for years that he likes his patients to take. I know from first hand experience that the Juice Plus helps her. He is a kind and I think honest man and don't believe he would do it for self gain anyway. Why would he?

------------------
ICEY

IDAHO LYME SUPPORT GROUP
[email protected]

Posts: 468 | From Las Vegas NV | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 4 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. E in NJ recommends them, and she's one of the top LLMD's. If I hadn't started using these things at her recommendation, I feel I definitely would not be in the recovery that I am in.

I used them every day for a year. Within 3 weeks, brainfog disappeared. Jaw pain - gone. Neck pain that used to require lidocaine injections to get some relief - gone. Herxes that used to put me in bed for 2 days calmed to being just a little achey, but I still got up and went to work.

They oozed BLACK every night - after a few months of use, I brought in a few used ones for my LLMD to see - and she actually gasped!!

I've been off abx since last November, after abx treatment for 9 months. No relapses. After being sick for over 10 years. (Although I still am on Prima una de Gato).

I finally stopped using the patches daily, and now use them about 3-4 days a week.

I've been on this board for almost 2 years, and while that's not ancient, it does make me something more than a newbie.

I think for many of us, Lyme was just the straw that broke the camel's back - years and years of toxic buildup

from fillings, cleaning products, smoking, paint, carpet.... just living in the toxic world we live in, coupled with a chronic bacterial infection was enough to bring our bodies to a crashing halt.

I'm not a Dr. and don't pretend to be one - just sharing my experience of how I got well.

------------------
Julie G.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

message posted twice; please see below

[This message has been edited by tickedntx (edited 06 August 2005).]

tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Hi Julie:

Thank you for your feedback. It is terrific that you feel that these patches have been so helpful to you.

My question is, and I'm not sure anyone could answer this: how do we know that the patches did this? Could it not have been the abx, or some combination of the many other things that we take on the road to recovery?

Also, I'm curious if you are using PodiPatches and if so, which formula, or which of the others?

Also, did your patches ever get any lighter? Or are they still dark?

Did you ever have them tested to determine what you are removing from your body?

These questions are for anyone who is using the patches.

kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to add my two cents here. I believe the podi patches helped me.

I am looking forward to when I have the funds to purchase more of them.

And I know that some have had theirs tested and reported on this site the test results.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tickdntx:

I still use the patches for maintenance. They did finally start to 'lighten up'. They were literally black and oozing out the edges for the first several months. They began to lighten up... but typically when I felt my worst, caught a cold, or was herxing, would become black and oozing again.

How do I know they work? I'll give you an example... This February, after using the patches for almost 9 months, my office underwent a major renovation. Despite my pleads for them to use low OEM paint (so I wouldn't die off the fumes)... they used OIL BASED paint. They put in new carpet, varnished the trim. It was a toxic waste dump in there.

Mind you the building has recirculated air - no fresh air. By lunchtime, my brain would be buzzing. My patches at night time went from being light brown to BLACK after a day of exposure and stayed that way for about 3 weeks. I began wearing them during the day to try and survive. Once the building vented I was back to normal, and the color of the patches eased back to light brown.

I have only used one kind of patches - they are the same manufacturer as the AKG patches. I realize the cost is quite high - but a year ago, they were $240 for a month's supply. They have come down significantly in price. I can't say anything about the cheaper ones since I never tried them.

My hairdresser has tried both, and admits the pricier ones work 'better' and the cheaper ones adhesive falls apart on you.

Try them for at least 30 days, and see if you don't notice the difference in your health when you stop.

------------------
Julie G.

tickedntx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5660

Hi Julie:

Thank you very much for your post. It is good to hear from someone who has been able to determine that they are working under different scenarios.

I must say that after the first couple of nights, my lower back pain is pretty much gone, except when I stretch. Of course, the question becomes, might it have gone away anyway? Too early to tell, probably.

It has, however, been replaced by some pretty severe upper back/neck pain on the right side, on top of the upper back/neck stiffness that has been a constant.

I've got a 30 day supply. When I re-order, I may mix and match the Heaven and Original forulas to see if I can tell a difference. I've also sent my patch to be tested, which should be interesting.

I imagine that it can be pretty difficult to determine what the patches are doing, and what everything else (meds, supplements) are doing.

Has anyone been able to find a less expensive source than $2/patch?

Suzanne

Andie333
Member # 7370

I'm one of the brand new people who has been using the foot patches. I'm also not a doctor, not profiting at all on anything Lyme-related (barely even earning an income at this point). Still I have my experiences over the past 11 weeks.

Dr. E. recommended the patches to me. I had severe arthritis in my right knee that caused my entire leg to swell. It had been shot with cortisone twice, and the pain was so intense I felt I would end up in a wheelchair.

I started using the original podi patches. After about 10 days, I realized the swelling in my leg was going down. The pain was also less intense. I also realized I was going to go broke wearing these things.

I went in search of a less expensive alternative and found a source with a different pad but with the same ingredients. I continued to use the original patch for my knee but used the less expensive patches everywhere else.

My acupuncturist explained the principal behind the patches, so I could understand what was happening.

After almost 3 months, my thoughts: my knee continues to heal, and I keep using the patches. I'm now hopeful that I'll be able to regain my pre-Lyme mobility. Would this have happened without the patches? Initially my LLMD said she was skeptical that I would ever get back my mobility. She's also surprised at the healing so far.

The less expensive patches, as Ticked pointed out, are NOT as strong as the podi pads. They're still drawing out all sorts of nasty stuff, though, so I trust something is working. The adhesive is probably not as high grade; I have difficulty getting it off. BUT I can't afford to use the expensive patches. Since I know these are doing something, I'm sticking with them.

I can't address the issue of herxes. Mine have been pretty terrible, patches or not. Maybe they would hve been worse; I don't know.

What I do know is that I have no plans to stop using the patches. I feel they're really valuable to my healing.

Just my own experience, for what it's worth.

Andie333
Member # 7370

One more thing -- Sofy, I bought my less expensive patches from a different source than the one you mentioned.

Feel free to email me if you're interested.

robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use the ebay patches and I think they help, but I don't think they are as good as the more expensive ones. Ya get what ya pay for .... I buy the ebay ones because it's what I can afford and it's better than nothing.

robi

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CapriceMom
Member # 4942

I just got my PodiPads and have only used them for two nights. They turn dark brown and oozing. Truly gross. I got the "heaven" ones to avoid the odor, my husband has a very sensitive nose and didn't want to offend. He deals with enought having a Lymie wife.
To the person who asked about the feet and the veins, etc. The feet are very important for lymph drainage. If you have ever read about "dry brush massage" something often recommended in Chinese, Japanese and Ayurvedic healing methods to stimulate and drain the toxin lymph system, you will note that they emphasize brushing vigorously on the bottoms of the feet and the palms of the hands. These are the most important areas for cleansing the lymph system. So putting the PodiPads on the feet goes along with that train of thought.
Hey, if it seems fishy to you, don't try it. I'm so tired of being sick at this point I am trying some new things and pulling out some old things, like diet changes and internal cleansing which had made be feel better before I was misdiagnosed and put on a bunch of different medications that made me sicker. I am detoxing from all those old medications, bad diet for the last ten years and feeling better. I took a two month break from the antibiotics but now I need to be back on them. I am trying to do everything I can to keep from toxins building up in my system again.
Good luck every body. Thanks for the info on the Podi Pads. I hope they work.

SForsgren
Member # 7686

I think treatment of Lyme has to be the kitchen-sink approach - throw in a little of everything that may help. There is no way to correlate. There are tests on the manufacturers site that show before and after heavy metal tests that provide some strong evidence, but how do we know for sure? We don't. I do still use them though.

I found the least expensive source to be www.HealthMarvels.net.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tickedntx, I like your questions. I am a newbie to this website and although I have probably had Lyme 10 years, as I was symptomatic 10 years ago and received 6 mths of hit and miss antibiotics including Doxycycline. My doctors never diagnosed Lyme as the blood test came back negative but even then they knew it was unreliable. Anyway, I never had anymore obvious Lyme symptoms until August this year. Since August, I have had severe migratory joint pain. My doctor (MD) is treating it homeopathically. I feel I am having great results. There is one medication I take weekly that usually causes a severe herx reaction. I took it this week on the same day I received my Podi Patch. My results are that while I am having pain, I seem to have by-passed the herx reaction this time. Does the Podi Patch get the credit? I don't know. My Podi Patch is only turning a medium brown. Am I less toxic? I spoke to Andreas at AKG Naturals and she said the pad will eventually remain clean but that it may take months of daily use. It is so expensive, I'm not sure yet I feel it is worth it.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vitch
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been around for a while but lose my password on a regular basis. I'm old and I have neuroLyme. I've purchased 100 foot pads for $.83 cents each this week. I'll let you know how it goes, good or bad, as I try them.

Do you all concur? Gold, green and blue are the best?

--------------------
[email protected]

www.lymediseaseassociation.org/Conflicts.doc

Worthless tests & labs, a dangerous vaccine, insurance companies refuse to pay, undertreatment the norm, all about money. MO.

Posts: 281 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

I don't know about blue but my ranking is

1. Podi patch Original (strongest relief & strongest smell)

2. Podi Patch Heaven

3. Green (I have bought from various ebay vendors)

4. Gold (ebay) These are much more liquid, runny. I use them on my arches where they work better than dryer patches.

Akg Naturals runs specials around most holidays. I always stock up when they have a sale.

I can't afford to NOT use patches. Using patches almost every night relieves enough pain and gives me enough energy to work and earn enough money to buy more patches!

I've been using the patches for almost a year.

hatsnscarfs

SForsgren
Member # 7686

The HealthMarvels.net folks also just put up a Stocking Stuff foot pad option this week. For me, I like Gold and Green the best.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

chroniccosmic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chroniccosmic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on my second night of detox pads and I can tell already that I will be continuing this treatment. My neck stiffness is somewhat relieved and I've had a couple days of loose stools. Haven't changed anything else in my protocol, I do the same thing everyday and eat the same. This product seems to have some promise. [Big Grin]
Posts: 460 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used the original podipatches for several months and they helped significantly with lowering pain, increasing energy and a general sense of well being.

I switched to the heaven because they smell less but were not as effective.

I then tried ionic foot baths and the difference is amazing. The foot bath is exponentially more effective in every way, however, it is more expensive.

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Are ionic foot baths something you do at home? could you tell us more. Maybe start a new thread.
hats

DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The baths I tried were thru friends. I am thinking of buying one because of the great results. I will research and post as I get more info.

I just wanted to let folks know this is another option and that it has been the most effective for me.

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement