LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Leaving a gift behind...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Leaving a gift behind...
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be leaving this board in a few days, but as my gift to you, I have updated my "Updated Nutshell" post and checked all links to document. Right now they all work.

Hopefully, it will be easier to understand.

It includes what I feel are my most important files to understand what is going on.

Obviously, it does not include ALL my MS word files ;-) which number over 1000.

My thanks to you all for providing the puzzle pieces and I wish you all a safe journey back to full health.

It IS possible.

The post can be found here:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/025464.html

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Member # 2001

Icon 10 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Marnie for all those you have helped along the way on your journey.

You have helped me immensely and I am having better health today because of people like you who took the time to explain things.

I have the greatest respect for you and wish you well on your journey now and in the future.

Rosemary

[This message has been edited by rosesisland2000 (edited 11 August 2005).]

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Marnie

It's a shame to see you go. (But then again, hasn't everyone left?) Your assistance and research here has been invaluable to this often thankless site.

For not only the reading and digging you've done to find answers, but posting this information sometimes over and over and over again, for answering the same questions a thousand times - I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I too have benefited greatly from your insights and have been in recovery mode for most of this year.

And on behalf of all the thankless, many many thanks, a million times over. For those who haven't already , please study up on Marnie's 'In a Nutshell'.

------------------
Julie G.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie,

I am saddened by this...deeply.

Willtalk to you via e-mail.

Hoping that your leaving the board is not indicative of the recent goings on here.

I have enjoyed your expertise....to the hilt.

If you could beat me to the ounch...e-mail me if I can still contact at a given e-mail addy.

Thanks,

kent

------------------
Now is the time in your life to find the "tiger" within.
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
Iowa Lyme Disease Assoc.
www.ildf.info

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Marnie,

I too, am deeply saddened by your departure from this board, and will sorely miss your input into ways of getting at TBDs.

Your contributions, and insights have led to very significant jumps toward a full recovery in many,including myself, who are infected with these dreaded infectious organisms.

You'll be sorely missed.

I wish you and family the best!

I'm still investigating lines of inquiry you've sent me, and will send you what I've found.

Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart!

Good Luck,

PQ

[This message has been edited by pq (edited 11 August 2005).]

[This message has been edited by pq (edited 11 August 2005).]

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie,
I have studied your explanations and saved many of your posts. I know you must be tired of people not "getting" what you're talking about, but believe me, some of us do. At least partially, when the brainfog lifts.

I really wish you would hang around.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beach4so
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beach4so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie,

You will be missed. You have helped so many of us with your knowledge. Our LLMD at our last appt was talking about the importance of Mag. it made me smile and think of you.. something you have known all along.

Please do drop in an update us on how you and your sister are doing.

Best Wishes for you and yours.
Starr

Posts: 698 | From Louisiana | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aliyalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie,

I have only been "glued " to this site for 6 months, but
I look forward to your input. I am sad that you are leaving, but I would be sadder if we all didn't recover and move on.

Thanks for the "gift", I saved it in my HEALING folder. aliyalex (Ilene)

Posts: 830 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lishs mom
Member # 2344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lishs mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie,

I know your expertise will be missed. I know sometimes you and I didnt see eye to eye on some things, but hey, were all human.

Before you go, I wanted to let you know your input was invaluable to help us through lishkas recovery process.

She went frm wheel chair and oxygen to a fully functioning student, with a boyfriend, and they love to rock climb together....not bad eh?

I know your input pushed me to look further into different adjunct therapies, including but not limited to magesium.

Thanks so much...will you be around or are you leaving all together? I did see you somewhere else, will I be able to contact you there?

Thanks for everything..btw...say HI to gigi for me too.

Love and hugzzzzzzz
Lishs mom

Posts: 1918 | From Central, Oregon | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 9 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is sad you need to leave us. I hope it's because you are doing well.

I really appreciate your insight.

Thanks so much,
Heather

P.S. I take mg 250 two times a day becuase of you.

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GEDEN13
Member # 4151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GEDEN13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i did get it marnie.i tried what you have sent me overthe past year and half.

everything you told me worked.the mag/cal is the right road.i proved it by herxing.

you are truely a wonderful careing person.to help me,a stranger,sez so much about you.

i shall never be able to thank you enough.all your info helped me to meet the cdc criteria.now i have the i.d.s fumbling all over themselves.

i caught them in there lies and have them having to treat me again...hopefully.they do tend to reach for more excuses..

bless you sweet marnie.hope you and your family only the best of life.....gary

------------------

Posts: 1108 | From PA. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shassler64
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shassler64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!
Thanks from the bottom of my heart for always being there with support and information.

You are a great person and I wish you well with whatever you are about to begin.Hopefully something exciting.

I am in the process of trying to organise IV magnesium and a few other things which you have been telling us about.

I am also going to start treating the many virus' that they have found active in my system.Very similiar to CFS.I am also on a completely grain free diet to try and help my immune system and homeopathic stuff.Can't hurt(coming up 3 years sick now).

I really thank you so much for all the posts and genuine concern and time you have given to so many of us especially when you have been sick yourself.

Take care,love and thanks,Sue from Downunder.

Posts: 801 | From Kiama,Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie,

I will miss the scientific wisdom you have given us. I know how you have poured your heart into research to help not only your sister but many others as well.

God Bless you. Hiker

P.S. Please go west and find the enzyme the western fence lizard uses to kill lyme!

Posts: 8919 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andie-ws
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andie-ws     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Marnie,

What a shock to see your post saying that you are no longer going to be part of the board!

I truly hope your departure is due to a positive change in circumstance and that all is well.

I know you first became interested in Lyme when your sister was unable to recover with conventional treatment and you began your own search for answers.

That relentless pursuit coupled with your innate brilliance has resulted in an astonishing body of work in the study of Lyme and, specifically, the role magnesium plays in the disease and treatment.

Your scientific contribution is matched only by the selfless and unflagging support you extended to the hundreds of lyme patients who sought your help.

We are incredibly fortunate to have been the beneficiaries of your intellectual and spiritual gifts and generosity.

Thank you so much and wishing you nothing but the very best.

I will miss you!

andie, jc & julie
lyme x3

Posts: 278 | From weston,ct.usa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andie-ws
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6116

Icon 4 posted      Profile for andie-ws     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry, double post

[This message has been edited by andie-ws (edited 12 August 2005).]

Posts: 278 | From weston,ct.usa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyb
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie,

Thanks so much for all the good advice. We will miss your expertise!

You have given me a good foundation to start the journey back to health, and I greatly appreciate it.

Take care!

- JB

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie,
Thank you for so generously sharing your expertise with all of us here on LymeNet.
You'll never know how many people you've helped & how many lives you've touched.

Two quotes come to mind when I think about all you've done for others.

Helen Steiner Rice:
"There are some folks we meet in passing
And forget them as soon as they go -
There are some we remember with pleasure
And feel honored and privileged to know."

Winston Churchill:
"We make a living by what we get, and
we make a life by what we give."

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sue vG
Member # 3143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue vG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie,

Count me among the many who'll be sad to see you go. Your generous contributions have helped so many.

Happy trails to you....

Sue

Posts: 1307 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
auntybiotic1499
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for auntybiotic1499   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie,

I don't get a chance to check in very often but I am so sorry to hear that you are leaving. I never did get the "last piece to the puzzle" that you figured out. You don't know how many nights I went to bed wondering what it was.

I often felt like Nancy Drew trying to figure out "What could Marnie's last piece to the puzzle be." I will truly miss you, as a expert on magnesium and as a friend. You are a angel.

Maybe now you may have time to spend with that beautidul granddaughter,

Best of Luck............you are one in a million and I am so happy for having the opportunity to learn from your expertise".

I wish you, your sister and entire family all the best.
Goodbye,
HUG
Aunty

Posts: 677 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement