LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lyme Test Neg Not surprised

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme Test Neg Not surprised
jennygump31
Member # 4199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennygump31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well My test came back neg. So my PCP says I do not have a recurance of my lyme. I don't believe him but what am I to do. There is no LLMMD in my area and with a new baby it is hard to just getup and go.

What to do?

Posts: 73 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perplexed
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1913

Icon 4 posted      Profile for perplexed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 324 | From Lexington, KY, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get a copy of the results and check the posts on this site for enterpretation of your Western Blot, to see if you have any specific bands for lyme. Unless you used Igenex or another good lyme-literate lab, you will probably get a negative back, even though you have lyme-specific antibodies. Quest is the worst.

Better would be to bring the results to an LLMD, if you can find one. Non-LLMD's are as thick as you-know-what when it comes to dismissing lyme as a cause of your symptoms.

"Oh, no, it CAN'T be lyme."

- JB

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YorktownNL
Member # 7657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YorktownNL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jenny

If you think its Lyme convince the PCP. Print out the symptoms, check those your experiencing and point your PCP to the clinical diagnosis.

Refer the duck to www.guideline.gov which is a gov't sponsored medical site and have him lookup up lyme disease. My PCP finally did this, on his own, while i was in the exam room and agreed to start treatment. even agreed to work with me on it.

You can continue to rule things out and should look for an LLMD but don't give up on that PCP for insurance if nothing else. I am on the waiting list at a llmd but it will be cash out of pocket.

The posts coninue to suggest Igenex and pocono confirmed all bands absent through another commercial followed by a positive at Igenex.

We have a house full of little ones too...makes it tough, i know.

GOOD LUCK!

Posts: 87 | From Yorktown VA USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jenny
I found that doxicycline can be
gotten from 1-800-Pet Meds-
No doc needed--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jenny,

What test?, as suggested post your results here.

You can quantitate your symptoms at www.canlyme.com- more than 20 is a serious potential for lyme-you may wish to print it and take it to PCP.

Where (about) are you from?

janet

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
This is great, but I think it is only 100mg tabs....What about Amox/Tetra?

quote:
Originally posted by groovy2:
Hi Jenny
I found that doxicycline can be
gotten from 1-800-Pet Meds-
No doc needed--Jay--

------------------
Rob

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennygump31
Member # 4199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennygump31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think one of my biggest problems is I am allergic to Cillian's. Penicillian I get hives in my throat and the others I get rashes. I have requested a copy of my test and will hopefully have then here in a few day and I will post them then.

The test that were run were:
Comp Metabolic Chem
CBC Profile
RBC SED
TSH R
CSF Lyme AB R
EBV4 AB profile

Does this tell you which Lyme was run?

Posts: 73 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennygump31
Member # 4199

up
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jennygump31:
up
Jennygump email me [email protected] where your from I may have Drs list for you. if you want to.

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennygump31
Member # 4199

Treepatrol I sent you an email thanks
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jennygump31:
CSF Lyme AB R

This is the only test that would be for Lyme, but I do not recognize it. Is it a spinal tap?? [CSF]

More info: http://www.ILADS.org/

------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice. I am not a doctor, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express!
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement