LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Worried, Need some help please.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worried, Need some help please.
I Have Lyme Etc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7439

Icon 9 posted      Profile for I Have Lyme Etc   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone
Im really not sure if anyone can offer me any advice but I thought I'd try anyway..As most of you know I've been sick many yrs with TBD's. Anywho, I went and had an upper Endoscopy done a few weeks ago an got a copy of the pathology report today. While he found I have GERD, Duodenitits, Gastritis and a small Sliding Hiatal Hernia I noted something here on the report he is not making too much of an issue on and I cant for the life of me understand WHY NOT.
It says here, at approximately the Aortic Arch, there seemed to be a negative esophagus with some dialation. The Aortic Arch was quite profound and photo documented. This may be related to her disphagia. I dont' see this doc again till Sept and I can't help but wonder does this mean the aortic arch is swollen and this is why my esophagus is dialated and Im having a hard time swallowing? Or could it mean that because of the heart burn irritation the esophagus is dilated and has caused the aortic arch to enlarge?(lack of a better word there). I am REALLY confused and now scared there is something wrong with my Aortic Artery. I am wondering if TBD's can cause some kind of artery inflammation? Im not sure where to go with this next.. Thanks for any help you can give me in trying to sort this out..

------------------
"It is not genius, nor glory, nor love that reflects the greatness of the
human soul.....it is kindness..."

Posts: 209 | From South Carolina by the beach | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I Have Lyme Etc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I Have Lyme Etc   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 209 | From South Carolina by the beach | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
call your MD and talk about this now ... getting a clarification so you don't worry about something unnecessarily!

Don't let them put you off. You need answers NOW. good luck.

bettyg

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I Have Lyme Etc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I Have Lyme Etc   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi betty
Thanks for your response.. I called my MD this morning and read the report to him and he is convinced there was a mistake made when it was transcribed.He told me there is no way the gi doc can see my aortic arch from inside the esophagus and if he could I would have died a long time ago.. So he said it was a mistake in transcription and not to worry so Im not... Thanks again

------------------

lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think I might have something similar going on like this. Having trouble swallowing. Have been told to get tested for h pylori which could cause gerd. Also told to have upper endoscopy. Did the h pylori test but resisting the endoscopy. Can you describe this procedure? How invasive? Uncomfortable?

Anything to be done about your condition?

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I Have Lyme Etc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7439

Hi Lou
Yes H Pylori can cause GERD so can a Hiatal hernia even if it's a small one like I have.. As for the Endoscope, Well, I'll tell ya I put this damn test off for over 10 yrs. Yes thats how long I've been in pain and now that I've had it done? it was DUMB to put it off because in all honesty? it was nothing...I"ll tell you exactly how mine went. I arrived at the surgery center. They made me undress put a gown on me and put me in a bed. Hooked me up to a heart monitor for a little bit and then took that off. Then ran an IV line, the one in the hand and hooked me up to a bag of fluids for a while. A little bit later they spray this stuff in the back of your mouth and tell you to swallow it.. This was the ONLY uncomfy part because the stuff foams up and for me it did burn a little bit.Once you swallow it your throat is then numb. After that was done they wheeled me into the proceedure room and started to give me the drugs to knock me out and trust me I went OUT!.. My doctor doesn't use Versed and Demerol he uses some other kind of med to make sure I'd asleep. The last thing I remembered was the nurse telling me OK we're going to lay the back of the bed down and then I remember nothing.. The next thing I remember hearing was a nurse calling my name telling me it was time to go home. My husband said the proceedure itself took less than 10 mins. He went outside to smoke a cigarette and when he came back in the nurse told him I was done and awake ready to go home soon. He said it couldn't have been more than 10 mins if that. Afterwards you feel groggy but nice and relaxed. I went home and went to sleep for a little while.. I put this scope off for so many years because I was so afraid of it but it honestly was nothing.. I would do it again with no problem if I had too.. If you're having trouble swallowing along with heartburn it really is best you get this test done. they can tell so much of whats going on and the more research Ive done on GERD and heartburn the more I have learned that heartburn can cause severe devastating damage to the esophagus in such a short amount of time.. They also took 2 biopsies on me. One of the stomach and one of the small intesting. My diagnosis ended up being Gastritis, Duodenitis, GERD, and a sliding Hiatal Hernia along with Non erosive Esophagitis..Please consider having it done I am living on mush now because of the swallowing problem and I wouldn't wish this on anyone..
As for treatment right now I am on One protonix a day I can't handle the other PPI's and Im also taking Liquid Zantac 10cc's a day along with one ativan per day to see if we can get the esophageal spasms to calm down
I asked my GI about doing surgery for the hernia and he said he doesn't want to do that right now because he could end up making me worse. I was thankful for his honesty because I have heard of horror stories of people going in to have the hernia fixed and end up comming out much worse and or in a yr or 2 it loosenes up again and they are back where they started from. So right now Im trying drugs and praying they work.. Good luck Lou and keep me posted

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement