LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Tongue got bigger ??????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tongue got bigger ??????
sofy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel like my tongue has gotten much bigger. Im always aware of it and its uncomfortable to close my mouth so my teeth touch. I let my jaw drop a little but can still keep my lips closed.

When I open my mouth it doesnt look swolen or anything but you can clearly see the deep impressions of my teeth on both sides.

Perhaps it was always like that but I dont ever remember seeing the impressions and I certainly never had this uncomfortable presence of this thing in my mouth.

Do you think this is lyme or just a dental thing.

Posts: 561 | From connecticut | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Tyson
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kara Tyson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can have swelling of the tongue/throat as an allergic reaction--particularly from a bee sting.

Posts: 6022 | From Mobile, AL | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6789

Icon 10 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sofy,

funny.......... This past week one side of my tongue felt swollen or like I had bit it or something.

It hurt a little and was uncomfortable. Didn't stop me from eating though....

It went away thankfully.

Heather

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chinese medicine has a lot of theories regarding the shape, color and size of the tongue. I don't know enough to tell you what interpretation they would give you. I have even seen books on "Tongue Analysis" in used bookstores before.

There is probably some internet site that might give you some basic info.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme_suz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A swollen sore tongue can be oral thrush from a yeast overgrowth. I had this a few time even before I got lyme, but I didn't know what it was.

Acidophilus helps. Dr. Burrasco's paper has a section about getting rid of yeast.

One of the suggestions there is to open and acidophilus capsule and sprinkle the powder right onto your tongue. It took me awhile to get up the courage to do that--it actually helps it feel better right away.

The Jarro-dophilous powder is white which is easier for me to do than the brownish capsules.
Good Luck'
Suz

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

This is from my experience:

The tongue stores toxins galore. Some of the toxins that moved to the brain will come down through the tongue when you are detoxing.

A tongue that looks like a world map and has scallopped edges - is part of a very toxic body.

My tongue used to look like that. When I was doing heavy metal and dental detox, it turned black for several weeks. Now it is pink and totally free of lines or any markings. It is also no longer green, or yellow or brownish or white - all signs of deficiencies and ill health, etc.

It is a good idea to scrape the tongue first thing in the morning when brushing teeth. etc. It avoids swallowing the toxins/parasites/bacteria again and again.

Do the Karack's Oil Cleanse - hope you can find it by searching. I have posted it several times. It removes a lot of undesirables.

Also try Xylitol lozenges - not the gum if you still have metals in your mouth.

I am sure others have more ideas.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi, you always seem to have a post when I'm needing it. My tongue problems started 18 months ago when I did a 7 day cleanse/5 colonics. Tongue is swollen, indents on sides, coated heavily, sores/bumps, split down the middle. Gross tongue. Guess the detox brought something to the surface that needs to be addressed.

Sofy and others, here's the site that explains Karach's Oil Therapy.
http://www.fourwinds10.com/news/06-health/D-holistic/2004/06D-03-08-04-oil-therapy.html

Take care, Pam

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg2711
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1865

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI, I had the swollen tongue feeling for quite some time. Never had it before Lyme. It felt too big for my mouth and I was constantly aware of it being in my way. It felt wierd and I had difficulty eating and talking when this would happen.

My daughter had the same thing, it still comes and goes for her. When she goes back on antibiotics it clears up again.

I would stop all meds to see if it was medication related and it wasn't. I know others have had the same thing. See if you can do a search on it here. I know there have been other conversations about it.

I even felt like I was talking different because my tongue muscles were not working correctly and my teeth have moved big time since this happened to me. So watch your teeth to make sure things aren't shifting around in there too.

Good luck, hope it goes away soon, it was quite bothersome.
Barb

[This message has been edited by bg2711 (edited 21 August 2005).]

Posts: 1131 | From Ohio | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement