LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » HELP - Do you get headaches and feel sick with ringworm?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP - Do you get headaches and feel sick with ringworm?
bg2711
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1865

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone. My daughter had a red rash last month that I was sure was a lyme rash because as the rash got bigger she had a terrible headache, felt sick took her to the duck and she said ringworm. I said I think its' lyme because she has flu like symptoms.

She already has lyme by the way. the rash was about the size of a quarter. She felt sick for about a 1 -1/2 then kind of okay. now another rash on same arm that looked like a bite now is starting to get circular and she has bad headache and feels sick again.

Now I can't find anything on any sites that says you should feel sick when you have ringworm. Does anyone know anything about ringworm and symptoms.

We also have a new puppy, so i am taking that into consideration too, but the sickenss thing keeps saying Lyme to me.

I started her on antibiotics anyways cuz I think the doc is really really a duck when she knows our family history of all of us having Lyme. I AM SO mad right now. I could spit nails.

Thanks, Barb

Posts: 1131 | From Ohio | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathwork
Member # 567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathwork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ringworm in isolated incidences should only be a skin bound fungal infection, treated with topical antifungals(no worms involved by the way).

I've had both lyme and ringworm....topical antifungals clear one and not the other....I never felt rotten with ringworm...

How old is your daughter?
Do you have an LLMD?

Take a photo with a copy of today's newpaper for documentation for insurance and long term records.

Posts: 1062 | From CA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg2711
Member # 1865

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi breathwork,

Thanks for the quick response. My daugher is 17 yrs. old. She has had lyme for about 10 years. Off and on antibiotics as her
s is usually easily controlled.

As soon as i saw the rash and she was ill, i really thought lyme and stressed to the doctor that she shouldn't feel ill with ringworm. thanks for your sharing that you weren't ill with ringworm. I thought it should only be topical too. ( I know it is just a fungus)

Yes we got lots of pictures and measured it. These docs are so..........stupid. We don't travel to the LLLMD anymore. I had a doc that we were using here for awhile, then found a new one who turns out is a duck. Barb

[This message has been edited by bg2711 (edited 22 August 2005).]

Posts: 1131 | From Ohio | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathwork
Member # 567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathwork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah....get the puppy tested for lyme!
I was bitten and reinfected while walking my 3 month old springer two years ago....

I had a big EM rash on my thigh and my LLMD thought that I had been reinfected...also had babs again.

BUT, my friends and family weren't as understanding until I had the puppy tested and she had lyme. In puppies even a very low titre is cause for treatment.

Ours was on three months of doxy. She's two years old now..and doing great. And, my friends were more accepting that I had been rebitten and reinfected when she too was positive...

I don't blame them for their skepticism...It had been a long haul with my initial infections, and often those on the outside just can't appreciate what this is all about.

Posts: 1062 | From CA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine202
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christine202     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in 1993, when living in SC I developed tiny red rings that spread all over my body....with them I was feverish and in general not well... I had a kitten at the time that had alst tested positive for ring worm, so when I went to the walk in they said that is what it was and gave me cream to put on all the sites. I was lterally covered from head to toe...It took several months before all the rashes completely dissapeard.

A few months after that was when I started developing all my problems that led me through years and years of Dr's and tests too finally be diagnosed with Lyme 4 years later and incredibly debilitated.

To this day I am not sure whether the rings I had was a Lyme type infection, or if the ringworm infection lowered my immunity enough for the dormant Lyme to become active...

Whichever the case, It definelty made me veru ill and was a catalysts for other things.....

I would definetly continue on abx and make sure she is tested for other infections.

Good Luck and I hope your daughter feels better..

Posts: 437 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg2711
Member # 1865

HI Christine,

Thanks for sharing, sorry you have been down the long road too. Did you get all the rings at once or did it happen over a period of time.

She only had the one the size of a quarter it cleared up well stil scared/discolored looking now and now another has cropped up 3 weeks -1 month later.

SInce we have the new puppy, it definately put a twist on things and made things more confusing. Yes I am keeping her on antibiotics just in case.
Barb

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement