LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Need advice on meds

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need advice on meds
niki
Member # 7720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for niki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I am newly diagnosed with lyme my Igenix Western Blot showed IgM was positive on 7 bands and the IgG had some reactivity but not as strong as the IgM. OK I think this mean I have long term Lyme( bit in 84). I have all the lyme symptoms CF, FM, TMJ, Candida, Blurry Vision (20/20), Headaches, traveling pain, dificulty swallowing, no hormone production and the worst is recurring Menningits. I just recovered and will get it again in three and a half weeks if treatment doesn't work.

Here is the part I need help with ID doc has diaggnosed me as having lyme and will treat me with whatever antibiotic group I want IV or oral my choice just sent me a list with the five different catigories of antibiotics.

My intial reaction is to do IV docy or Rocephin and add Flagly(spelled wrong) one of the cyst busters. I have the yeast under control right now and really want to hit this hard I have three small children to care for and can handle everything but the meningitis.

I need to know what to ask for I don't see dr. C(mo) until late sept. My appt is sceduled the week I will get meningits so if I don't begin treatment now it will be two months be fore I can see him.
Any all advice will be helpful.

I have United Healthcare PPO and cost is important but my parents have offered a loan if I need it for treatment.

I know everybody reactes different and I will probably need repeated courses and changes but I just need to know what to ask for first, the best first punch. I am totally OK going with the IV if It is a better chance of crossing the BBB. I want my brain back. Please help.

Posts: 68 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi niki
Sorry to here you are positive-
you sure got you test done fast
My doc is swomped and I am still
waiting to get my results from doc--
Its taken 6 months from the time
I made my first appointment till
Ill get the results of my tests-
My health has gone down hill
alot just waiting to get help
from my doc-

Sence you have had lyme so long
I feel it might be best to start
with orial ABX and kill off some
of the germs a little at a time
so your herx wont be to harsh-

When you hit the germs with a
big hammer- they are going to
hammer back--

Orial suggestion-Doxicycline
or Minocycline

If you go the iv root -
I would suggest Bicillin La-
and Bixian--from my research
this seams to be a good combo-
this is what I am trying to get
for myself--

I hope things go good for you--Jay-

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
niki
Member # 7720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for niki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read that Biaxin doean't cross the BBB. Is the IV version different. Hey also did you ever look into Brucella as cause of the meningitis I just got directed to a link and it is strikingly similar to my symptoms. The treatment is Doxy, Rifampin and IM streptpmycin shots or zythro max all at the same time. I am assuming the herx on that combo would make me want to die. Just wondered what you thought.
Posts: 68 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement