LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How Fast does bicillin hit you?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How Fast does bicillin hit you?
TheCrimeOfLyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started bicillin ..

It wasnt BAD after I took it, maybe a little dizzy and definately sleepy, very very slight neckache..but that was yesterday at 4:00 p.m.

Today? I have the lovely old forehead migraine going on, neck pain and a high fever.

Just wondering how fast some of you all get hit.

AND this isnt LA, yet. Im doing CR and working my way up to LA. ( MULTIPLE sensititives)

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When we were doing the 1.2 MU LA every 2.5 days, the herx usually hit after about 18 hours, and lasted until the next shot -- so continous herxing. The LLMD switched us to 2 shots on the same day, every 5 days, which meant a herx within about 6 hours, lasting 2-3 days (at first), but with a 2-3 day no-herx period. Much prefer that schedule. The LA stays in the system for 5 days.

The herx was not radical, but it was wearing. Mostly headache, achiness, and intense fatigue.

You're set up with the epipen in case of allergic reaction, yes?

Good luck with the bicillin. Hope things start going a little easier for everyone chez vous.

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David95928
Member # 3521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David95928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A number of people have reported an onset of herx-like symptoms about twenty-four to twenty-eight hours after the shot. That has been my experience.
David

Posts: 2034 | From CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyb
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually seemed to herx a few hours after the shot. Felt like I was coming down with the flu and had to go to sleep.

- JB

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pattiecake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattiecake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minoucat
I did not get set up with epipen, My llmd did not even mention this. Is that for potential serum sickness?
pattiecake

Posts: 687 | From PA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The epipen is for allergic reaction.

COL...I actually feel it almost immediately...for a very short time...then..the next day 24 to 36 hours afterwards.

Yes...pretty continuous pain I get my shots 2.4 mu LA on Mondays and Fridays.

Hope your life has gotten SOMEWHAT better.

Trout

------------------
Now is the time in your life to find the "tiger" within.
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
Iowa Lyme Disease Assoc.
www.ildf.info

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pattiecake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattiecake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
trout,
did your doc give you an epipen? Is this something I should ask for?
pattiecake

Posts: 687 | From PA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks you guys for your replies.

Yes- I have an epipen

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes...in fact...I just checked mine...it has expired...so I better order two more.

We prefer to have two of them.
(ONe for the vehicle...one for the home.)

Trout

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement