LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Whole Clove Garlic vs. Freeze Dried for Candida?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whole Clove Garlic vs. Freeze Dried for Candida?
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If trying to fight doxycycline-induced Candida infection, what is the relative benefit of whole cloves of garlic vs. freeze-dried from Pharmax or other supplier?

------------------
Best,
Scott
www.BetterHealthGuy.com

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garlic has so many benefits all the way around. But in order to get the benefits, 9 capsules is a must for a time until you are well saturated/titrated. You would have to eat a lot of garlic cloves and you might not have any friends left after a while.

The capsules are easy - and make certain that you get only organic garlic. Pharmax used to be our choice - no longer because it is not organic and when tested contains some of the toxins in the plant/capsules already that we are trying to get out of the body.
That's the nature of garlic. We only use Biopure now. It took a year and a half search for good organic garlic. The stuff coming from China --- don't touch it.

There must be many of my posts with a variety of info as to how and when to take it, etc.
Anyone interested in the huge benefits of this plant, do a search for garlic and my name.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much Gigi.
I just talked to the Biopure people this week and they were putting up a web site soon. I'll contact them again soon on the garlic. Best, Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take both the Pharmanex brand and lots of fresh garlic! Pau d'arco tea is also good for candida. Nystatin swish and swallow works well for me, and Diflucan if its really bad.

------------------

WildCondor's Lymelinks

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jloisu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7538

Icon 3 posted      Profile for jloisu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So if Biopure is the way to go, where do I go to find it?

Thanks,

jloisu

Posts: 197 | From Seeing Lyme Green in Iowa | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

You can get organic freeze dried garlic capsules from Biopure 1-800-801-6187.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know what bio pur costs but I just found this organic garlic product for just under $12 at Vitacost.com

Kyolic Formula 102 Aged Garlic Extract with Enzyme Vegetarian -- 200 Caps

Someone else mentioned their name as being a good affordable sourse for supplements so I looked and there we are.

Like so many of us here I could never afford to take the most expensive supplements. I do try to eat as organic as possible and then do the best I can for myself in other area.

PS, if you follow a strict "no yeast diet" you wont have such a yeast problem. I keep my at bay with no yeast diet, primal defense

Prevention is always better than treatment

[This message has been edited by sofy (edited 02 September 2005).]

Posts: 561 | From connecticut | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NUTBOBUTT
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NUTBOBUTT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi,
How do you know when you are well saturated? I will look into the biopure capsules.
Also how many do you recommend for kids to take? Who are not ill with Lyme(that I know of). They are 18,16 and 13.
I realize you are not a MD but do value you opinion.
Thanks!

Posts: 109 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

I posted this "talk" about garlic (which I transcribed from a tape) by Dr. K. more than a couple of years ago. However, all my old posts seem to have been eliminated by the new management - I can't seem to get anything by a search that is older. Too bad!

Sofy, there is garlic and there is garlic. You have to know the individual grower to be sure that the garlic is clean. In Asia anyone can grow anything and then it goes to a collection point and the highest bidder gets the product and they do with it as they please. We know this very, very well from Chlorella that doesn't work that comes through sources like that. By the time you buy it in the healthfood store, who knows where it comes from!

I could care less what you buy. But if you are smart, I would suggest sharing a few bottles with someone else and you will get Biopure at wholesale. Read the literature and become inventive. Have them send you a price list. I think if you buy 10, you pay half. That's exactly what we did all along the way.
We had to shell the funds out for two adults for years --- it did not fall from the sky either.

By the way, Garlic has a lot broader coverage as far as health than just candida.
Read my posts. Read Dr. K's comments a couple of times.

For younger people, I would go by body weight and reduce it accordingly.

You are saturated/titrated when you start to smell your skin, smell your own breath too long, or it becomes toooooo obvious to other people. Then cut back and stay at a lower dose.

A little bit about garlic...... by Dr. D.K., MD

The issue came up - many of you have heard me speak on garlic. First of all, here is the study on garlic --- on h. pilori - it is extremely effective to give freeze-dried garlic, or in this case garlic oil for h. pylori, which is one of the major infections that we are dealing with these days.

Here is a German study - a comparison between Bear Garlic and garlic. Bear garlic is wild garlic, which is the plant that grows in Central Europe and is absolutely great. That's what the old Germanic tribes used to do - they attacked Rome and brought the Roman Empire down in April, of whatever year that was, because in March is when the bear garlic comes out and they cut and are eating the leaves of the bear garlic and they are getting so much energy from it, they don't know what to do with it. Their hormone levels go up, all their infections go away, and ....
(laughingly) the Germanic Tribes they were doing this thing every March, beginning of April they would eat bear garlic and cleared out all the parasites, all the infections, and then went and conquered Rome and did all these other things..... All of it is long forgotten, but it has an effect on you and one of the reasons I always go in April to Germany is - my friend overthere he grows hugh plantation of bear garlic among the trees in the woods and makes me this bear garlic pesto. I do four weeks of bear garlic pesto and can tell you that it is for me incredible.....

A little bit about Allicin. Garlic is associated with this compound allicin, which has been shown to be the most potent natural antibiotic. (showing an exhibit of MIT)
It is extremely effective for Staph aureus, and some of the physicians among you know that there is no antibiotic left that's effective. Well, there is plenty of research that shows that freeze-dried garlic is absolutely 100% effective for it, and it puzzles me that science ignores that. This is from peer-reviewed journals, not small stuff. Candida - may be important for you - that freeze-dried garlic is an absolute for treating candida.

Let me talk about Allicin. Garlic contains alliin. Which is the chemical precursor to allicin, and they get converted to allicin through an enzyme called alliinase that happens when you chew garlic. When you break up the cell membrane of the plant cells, the enzyme that is in the cell wall gets released and combines with alliin and then allicin is created in 20 seconds.

Allicin has a half life of 10 days. Any of the garlic products that you buy - garlic oil, kyotic garlic, etc. - there is no allicin left in it. So any prior experience you have had with any garlic products, other than fresh garlic, forget that. Erase that out of your mind ``tried garlic once and it didn't work'' - put that on the side.
The only garlic products that have their full allicin- releasing potential left is fresh garlic and freeze-dried garlic.

When you swallow garlic, when you chew it for a few seconds and wait for 20 seconds before the conversion after you chew it, and it hits the stomach acid, the enzymes are immediately neutralize and the conversion doesn't happen. So if you take raw garlic and eat it, it doesn't happen either. If you eat it on a full stomach (on a full stomach the Ph comes up from 1.5 to 4.5); you can eat it at the end of a meal and the conversion happens. You chew the garlic, the enzymes activate it, you swallow it, it doesn't get killed by the stomach acid, and you get the full allicin release from it.

Chewing garlic has the disadvantage has the disadvantage that you smell like...........

When you eat garlic, you smell. When you take freeze-dried garlic in capsules, there is no body odor. There is a mild body odor that you can detect if you go close to the skin of the person who is taking it.

Garlic is also very effective for treatment of amoebas and giardia, most species of worms; in Lyme Disease - Dr. Zhang in New York published papers on the effectiveness that allicin also penetrates the blood-brain barrier and goes to the CSF and can clean up things there.

It is really a fantastic agent for our time. The way to take it is 2-3 capsules at the end of each meal - needs to be taken at least three times a day, better four times a day, just like penicillin. Remember, penicillin you have to take every six hours, you have to take it four times a day to make it work, and the same with freeze-dried garlic.
It is great for general health.
Question: Do you chew up these capsules?

Answer: Freeze-dried garlic - you swallow it at the end of a meal when the Ph has come up; then the juices in the gut mix with the garlic, put it in solution, activate the conversion and you get the whole shebang (sp?) of the allicin release.

I want you to try to remember that any time that any prior experience, when people talk about garlic ``yeh, tried it and worked a little bit'' or so, they didn't do it right, I promise you. If you follow these rules, it becomes the most powerful medicine that we have.

It is also for ......... clostridium, there is a study there - some of the modern infections that we have no solutions for in medicine, try garlic.

Question: either the fresh or the freeze-dried - you want to take following the meal?

Answer: Yes, there is no point - if you cook garlic, you destroy the enzyme. Also if you put it on your salad - most people eat their salad before the meal, forget it - it doesn't work.

Question: You want it to be activated after it hits your stomach?

Answer: yes. If you can't take the capsule, put it in water, stir it, wait 20 seconds until the conversion happens, then drink it. Then it won't be destroyed by the stomach acid.

The best solution for topical problems - use garlic tincture on the skin, by far the best garlic tincture is from ----- . Even though the garlic is broken up in small particles where there are still some cells intact, the moment you put it on the skin, from the drying-effect the cells rupture, the allicin is released and it is a great antimicrobial. So for fungal infections (feet and everywhere) use garlic tincture - major for staph infections on the skin (freeze dried garlic inside - tincture outside).

Tincture is also great to use orally. Great for gum disease. Do it at night - slush it around in your mouth, go to bed, don't swallow it - just sort of leave it there, and it kills all the microorganisms. If you have a partner, if you both do it (there is this habituation to the garlic taste and smell), if your partner also does it, in the morning either one of you can smell each other and will not be offended by it.

It is a powerful tool of the past and of the future."

Take care.

sofy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gigi, I cant read it all now cuz Im too tired to process it but I got as far as saturation and that sure answers a ??? I had. My daughter said I reek from my body and when I stopped eating so much raw garlic the smell went away. Very interesting.

I know the search is useless and I for one appreciate all of you who take the time and repost info for those of us who are interested.
Thanks for the tip on making it affordable. When I finish what I have I will definately check it out.

Posts: 561 | From connecticut | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement