LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Icky Feeling Like I Need to Stretch Muscles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Icky Feeling Like I Need to Stretch Muscles
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read articles on here about neurological muscle twitching but I don't think this is what I am experiencing.

The only way I can describe it is when you are really tired, in bed and you feel like you have to stretch. Its a very uncomfortable feeling and I'm feeling it a lot lately.

I've added Zithromax and Ceftin along with Heparin shots, Lumbrokinase, Samento and a zillion supplements.

Anyone know what this is and what it is from?
[confused]

Thanks --- you all are great!
Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starphoenix
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 2402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starphoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sandy: It could be Restless Leg Syndrome. I get this, too. I tested negative years ago at a sleep lab, but I only slept for a half hour! It used to be constant, but now it's more sporadic. It's worse now.

If it's persistent, you may find a medicine that helps you. Klonopin is one (used for anxiety, too), but be careful if you take this. It does have potential for dependence. I had to stop years ago, and phew! What a withdrawal! But everyone is different in their experiences.

A muscle relaxant may be of use, also.

You don't necessarily need to be tested in a sleep lab. I had the testing for another reason, actually. But it can be useful. You would need a referral.

It is awful. It's hard to describe the kind of pain, but it is pain. You just can't seem to stay still because you feel like you'll explode out of your skin. It may be called Restless Leg Syndrome, but I have more of a Restless Limb Syndrome. It can affect my arms, too.

I hope this helps.

Steph

--------------------
Learning to love, and loving to learn.

Posts: 1318 | From Shohola, PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thinking the same thing as Star.

Are you taking probiotics and watching your diet? I sometimes get this weird jerky feeling in my legs when the yeast is getting the upper hand.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they have holistic remedies for
RLS too. Quinine...in tonic water helps some people. Also the amino acid GABA helps. Prior to lyme diagnosis, had "MS" would get leg jerks. Gaba really helped that.

I just take tonic water (acquired taste) throughout day now. Can get quinine in pill form.

Herbal companies also have combos to help.

Magnesium is very important.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all. Yes, I am taking Magnesium, and also Primal Defense (4 a day) probiotic, plus Diflucan for yeast, Flexeril at night to help with sleep (plus Xyrem) so I'm doing all those things right.

Actually, it feels like "restless whole body syndrome."

ONe problem I'm having is eating the right foods. When I'm so nauseated [puke] from the ABx's, the only thing I want to eat is light stuff like oatmeal, cereal (healthy but not good for yeast), eggs which I know are good, but not veggies and meat. I will work on it though.

As usual, thanks for your help.

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

dmc, I'll give those wholistic remedies a try.

Sandy

minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get that too -- do you feel as if you need to leap up and do a jig and hurl your arm and legs around? Except you feel too lousy to do it? And a big long stretch helps while you're actually stretching, but the relief doesn't last?

I hardly get it at all any more, but I'm much better and more active than I was. Today something really upset my stomach and I'm just kinda sitting here being miserable -- and I have that feeling again.

--------------------

RECIDITE, PLEBES! Gero rem imperialem!
(Stand aside plebians! I am on imperial business.)

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

minoucat

Yup! That's exactly it!!! I do stretch when I
go to my workout so I guess I should do it when
I'm home. But, like you, it takes too much energy and no instructor to make me do it. [tsk]

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hate to
have an upset stomach. Sometimes, my heating
pad helps that if I can just think to do it.

Sandy

Starphoenix
Member # 2402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starphoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sandy: I upped my doxy dosage tonight, and the nausea has been awful. I don't know what will happen when I take the Cipro with it (which I will have to do because of my wacky med schedule). I have one more doxy pill to add per day, too. [puke] It sure makes you feel like you'll do that! Boo.

I know this goes against the yeast-diet grain, but my well-respected LLMD allows for this on his yeast diet: cereal, so long as it's whole grain. I like brown-rice cereal. He allows whole grains, overall, milk, and fruit. I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate my eating a whole box of cereal at a time (though it's so yummy--like Cocoa Krispies--that I want to!), but I can have it. Maybe you can, too, but you'd have to test it out.

Steph

--------------------
Learning to love, and loving to learn.

Posts: 1318 | From Shohola, PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Oh Steph, I'm so glad to hear that. I'll be sure the cereal is whole grain (you mean Lucky Charms doesn't count?) [lick] I love that cereal.

I've been doing a lot better taking 1/2 of my prescribed ABx's. I know I need to ramp up asap but this is sooooo much better. I may wait a few days to stabilize, get through the weekend and then go for it.

Hope you feel better real soon --- there's just nothing worse than nausea --- you just want to stick your head in the toilet [toilet] --couldn't resist that one.

Sandy

karieo
Member # 7831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karieo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't had really bad tummy issues at this point, but when I get nauseated or doubled over a bit with moderate pain, I use a homeopathic remedy I get at Whole Foods. Magnesia Phosphorica--it comes in two strengths/dilutions. I use the one labeld 6C--that works best for my tummy. I take three little pellets about every 15 minutes and usually the pain eases within that time. If I feel any more pain or discomfort, I take three more, and again, as long as I need, at 15 minutes intervals. So far, that's all I've needed, and I don't have to worry about side effects or interactions with it. It's about $7-8 a tube that lasts me 24 hours if I'm really bad and much longer, of course, if my tummy is doing pretty well. The stuff is designed for abdominal spasms, but it also works to stop my broncho spasms from asthma!! Weird. For that I think the 30C dilution works a bit better. Maybe it will help other spasms, too. Can't hurt, from what my doc tells me.

--------------------
trying to figure it out

Posts: 16 | From San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

I'll have to get some next time I go to the health food store. There's just not a lot of things out there for nausea.

Thanks ~~~ Sandy

Mathias
Member # 5298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mathias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had that same type of feeling in the past, an icky restless feeling all over.

For me that isn't my muscle twitching, that is much more pronounced.

It very hard to describe to anyone who doesn't have it.

--------------------
Mathias

Posts: 1242 | From New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had this feeling too. It helps to stretch, but afterwards I feel like I need a massage as well.

It's usually worse right before my period. Balancing my minerals has helped a lot.

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Its strange because I haven't had that problem for the past couple of days. I don't even know what I've done differently.

I'm sure not complaining!

Sandy [Smile]

DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karatelady,

I hope your relief continues. Hopefully you'll figure out what caused it for you so you can perhps have relief on-goinly.

Let us know if you figure it out. Best wishes.

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Thanks Dolphin Lady,

Maybe I was herxing? It hasn't really bothered me much. I've had a lot of other herxes bother me [dizzy] but thankfully, not that one.

Sandy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement