LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » It hurts to pee...............

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It hurts to pee...............
HEATHERKISS
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6789

Icon 9 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry,

It hurts to pee. [Mad] Didn't mean to give a visual. [Eek!]

I'm on so much stuff (antibiotics) bactrium, biaxin, plaquenil, art & mepron. How in the heck could I get a bladder infection?!

and for the love of God........ Why?????

It starts off fine then........ the end is where the sharp pain comes in. [cussing] It feels like my overies hurt. [dizzy] It's so weird and doesn't make sense. [loco]

Anyone?

--------------------
HEATHER

-

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch! I have heard of people getting UTI's or bladder infections even while on antibiotics. I would definately have a dr check it out.

Nancy

--------------------
Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it!

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be a bladder infection. Cipro usually works for that. You can drink lots of cranberry juice (natural, not with sugar) and/or take cranberry capsules. It helps alot!!
You can get your urine tested to see if you do have an infection. Hope y [Cool] ou feel better!!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I get those weird bladder pains too...ouch! What helped me, and I don't know if it was just luck or timing or what, but I got some ...oh I can't spell it...Pyridium? Pyreum? That stuff from the store that turns your pee orange. Uristat?

Anyhoo, I did that and I ate a whole bunch of raw garlic, and it was gone almost immediately.

Since then, I have felt twinges again in my bladder though. So I'm not sure. It's definitely different than other bladder infections I have had.

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it continues, then look into the possibility of Interstitial Cystitis.

www.ichelp.org

Sure hope the pain goes away soon. Did you call your dr? Doesn't SEEM like you could get an infection with all those abx!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikken
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikken     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about yeast? Mom had the same symptoms when she wasn't as diligent about her probiotics as she should have been - upped the probiotics, the pain stopped...

Just a thought.

Posts: 369 | From Ohio | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiddler
Member # 3993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiddler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI there- I have had this symptom on/off over the last few years of Lyme. I had it all 'checked' out by a urologist, had ultra sound, had test for urinary tract infection. This was before I found an LLMD.

My current LLMD says that Lyme can cause these symptoms, that the spirochetes like the bladder area (let's face it, where do they NOT LIKE?).

In my case it is Lyme related, I am sure. but I can't speak for you & as you can see- I did get it throughly checked out.

It is very painful when it happens.

Wishing you less pain.

-Sarah

Posts: 58 | From Leonardtown, Md, usa | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 9 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LLMD thinks yeast. [bonk] Well I'll be losing weight now on the low carb yeast free diet. Being dilegent with probiotics and taking diflucan.

Thanks,

--------------------
HEATHER

-

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fiddler:

My current LLMD says that Lyme can cause these symptoms, that the spirochetes like the bladder area

I agree. My IC was dxd before I found out I had Lyme. I do fully believe that Lyme caused the IC. It is MUCH better since treatment.

I would think it could flare from a herx too.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 12 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be yeast, true. The Diflucan should help alot. Have you tried Nystain?? I would still get yoru urine tested for a bladder infection, just to be sure.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was one of my symptoms, but uti test came back negatory.

It was mostly cramplike, I couldn't walk straight up. Then I've experience the incontinence and uncontrollable peeing more often.

Bladder control has been a very bad problem.

--------------------
Lymester

Posts: 519 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angela Bachmann
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Angela Bachmann   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have Lyme, my daughter does, but when I've had bladder infections, my pain was different. It wasn't by the ovaries....it was right "there" (something my mother would have said)!

Go to the doctor.....in the meantime drink Cranberry juice. Hey the thing about the garlic....I didn't know that. We eat so much garlic in this house. Lou and I are garlic crazy people. Garlic in a little olive oil with Italian bread....hmmmmmmmmmm.
[lick]

Feel better soon.

--------------------
Love,
Angela
 -

Posts: 572 | From New Jersey | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millymollymandy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for millymollymandy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Heather,
I get that too! I only get it during my ovulation time (which is really bad!)and like you, it's fine to start off with but then towards the end of the pee it's a sharp tearing pain - I have job to stand up at the end!

When it first happened I thought that I might be passing a stone or something like that. I've no idea what it is - I've had bladder infections (cystitis) but this is different.

Ouch! I know how it feels....

Love MMM

Posts: 229 | From United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HEATHERKISS:

It starts off fine then........ the end is where the sharp pain comes in. ... It feels like my overies hurt.

Definitely find out first if you have an infection.

Do you have pain all the time in this location?

If cranberry juice or garlic makes it worse, suspect IC for sure.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 4 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone. I guess I could fall into IC category. I'm on bactrum which my LLMD says takes care of UTI and bladder infections.

MillyMollyMandy,

I have noticed really tough ovulations recently.

So you have pain in your overies at the end of peeing? Wow. Isn't it so strange? To me it doesn't make sense.

I'm 38. How young are you?

--------------------
HEATHER

-

stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather, Yikes [Eek!] ....yeast certainly does this to me.

Stella

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. Wiseass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I N T E R S T I T I A L C Y S T I T I S !

www.ic-network.com

Yeah, yeah yeah - it could be a UTI or yeast -- but if you're taking antibiotics AND an anti-fungal - it's hard to buy that diagnosis;

If you're experiencing sharp pains; if your pee burns; if you have to pee a lot; if you have spasms around your pelvic muscles; if you experience weird electrical surges; if the only time you feel better is that one second AFTER you've pee-peed....

I'm not a doctor - I'm really not - even though I'm just so darn smart, but I do have much experience with....

Research it - and work on getting your pH more alkaline.

Wanna swap horror stories about I.C. or have questions that you don't want to post here...??

[email protected] OR www.ic-network.com

Hugs, [kiss] , and more peaceful pee-peeing,

--------------------
DR. Wiseass
NOT a real doc - just a real wise  -
 -

Posts: 792 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
believe3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6216

Icon 7 posted      Profile for believe3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same problem. It comes and goes. Hmmm...

--------------------
Love, Merrie
Believe in the power of your spirit..for it will carry you through the darkest hours of your life

Posts: 261 | From minnesota | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DocWA,

i can't help "butt" smile when I see that little Gremmy's waving cheeks. I love it

--------------------
Lymester

Posts: 519 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millymollymandy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for millymollymandy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Heather,
I've sent you a reply to your email. In answer to your question, I too am 38- well I'll be 39 next week!

After an ultrasound a couple of years ago I was told that I had polycystic ovaries- I then had a laparoscopy but they found nothing, the polycysts were better than they had been. No endometreosis which was what they had suspected.

The mid cycle pain is awful- and is accompanied by a variety of other rather 'personal' symptoms. As you say that you have started getting this too, feel free to email me if you want to chat about it.

Love, MMM

Posts: 229 | From United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heatherkiss,
I used to get that years ago and it's horrible. I don't think the urologist ever found out what was causing it.
Anyhow, he gave me Urised (I think that's the spelling) and I believe it was a muscle relaxer. It turns your urine a real pretty blue, but it felt so good to pee!!!
I kept that prescription around for years because it was such a horrible thing to not be able to pee without pain.
That was probably 15 years ago and it just kind of went away.....knock on wood.
I just got diagnosed with Lyme and I don't think I had it way back then, but I did have a lot of yeast infections.
Good luck

Posts: 441 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read a post last year from a man who said he had burning when he peed after eating sugar or other forbidden foods.

Back then I used to cheat on the anti yeast diet a few times a week. I might have a sliver of dessert or a little grain. Sure enough there would be burning within hours.

Eventually I got a full blown yeast infection with extreme irritation and swelling. I was even more miserable than I already was. If I cheated the littlest bit on the diet the yeast and burning would come back.

Since June I have not had any grain, flour, fruit, sugar or any of the vegetables that are too sweet. The yeast has cleared up competely and I don't have burning any more.

hatsnscarfs

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 10 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone.

I've experimented w/ food and believe it's yeast. I'll let you know in a couple days of really strict diet.

www.ic-network.com www.ichelp.org

I'll keep these website in my favorites just in case I continue having problems.

Thanks [bow] again [bow] ,

--------------------
HEATHER

-

Shaunabhealthy
Member # 7189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaunabhealthy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same problem when I have a flare. I have had it for years, and my doctor has checked me time and time again - but bacteria would occasionally show up...but not much.

Turns out that it was a case of irritable bladder; meaning it get's inflamed. It can hurt like hell, some foods aggravate it, but I have been told it is different from IC.

There are so many bladder conditions out there it's really hard to diagnose over the net.

What I do for it is I take muscle relaxants.

I hope by now you are feeling better.

Shauna

Posts: 19 | From vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Shawna and everyone,

That's something to consider.

--------------------
HEATHER

-

millymollymandy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7703

Hi Heather,
I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better. I'm going to have to go back on my anti candida diet- especially as I'm back on the abxs now. Good luck with yours,
Take care, MMM

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement