LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Get Congress to back Lyme bills. Go!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Get Congress to back Lyme bills. Go!
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is my effort to get people to contact their Congress people to ask them to co-sponsor the Senate or the House Bills. If you go to the "Thomas" site (actually the website of the Library of Congress)you can type "Lyme" in the search box and read the bills and see their status.

You can check for e-mail addresses for your own Senators and Representatives Here is a quick way to find your Congress People.

For House go to http://www.house.gov/
For Senate go to http://www.senate.gov/

Since long e-mails probably aren't read in entirety, and the numbers count in convincing politicians where to throw their weight, you could just copy the following and paste it into the e-mail box for your senator or rep. The more we contact our congress people, the more support the bills will get.

Please support S1479 (sponsored by Senators Dodd and Santorum) by becoming a co-sponsor of this bill for Lyme and Tick-borne Disease Prevention, Education, and Research. Lyme disease is becoming an epidemic in our country and help is needed now.
Thank you

Or

Please support HR 3427 (sponsored by Representatives Smith and Kelly) by becoming a co-sponsor of this bill for Lyme and Tick-borne Disease Prevention, Education, and Research. Lyme disease is becoming an epidemic in our country and help is needed now.
Thank you

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
believe3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6216

Icon 7 posted      Profile for believe3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did this weeks ago when I heard about it. Our Congressman In Minnesota called me, well his assistant did and said he would be supporting the bill. I was very excited.

--------------------
Love, Merrie
Believe in the power of your spirit..for it will carry you through the darkest hours of your life

Posts: 261 | From minnesota | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^

--------------------

RECIDITE, PLEBES! Gero rem imperialem!
(Stand aside plebians! I am on imperial business.)

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
come on guys, here we go again.... gotta keep moving the paper

thanks Anne

Lisa

--------------------
Lymester

Posts: 519 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you, Believe!

But people need to know that the two companion bills that are before congress now are not the same as the two differing bills that were before the House in June and early July.

The sponsors of those bills got together with Senators Dodd and Santorum and settled on bills that both the house and Senate could live with. Those were submitted in late July, just before Congress took a break.

You should check out the co-sponsors of the bills by going to http://thomas.loc.gov/
type lyme into the search box then you can see that all four bills are there, just the two top bills are important now.

If you click on them, you will get more information then click on status and you will be able to see the list of co-sponsors. If your representative isn't listed there, you should get in contact with him or her and with your senator. You will find them at
www.senate.gov or www.house.gov

You will be able to e-mail a short note there asking them to co-sponsor the bill. Be sure to use the bill number.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

up

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

CMarie
Member # 7855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CMarie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump
Posts: 30 | From Tennessee | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Done

--------------------
Now is the time in your life to find the "tiger" within.
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
www.iowalymedisease.com
[/URL]  -

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am TRYING to get my Congressman and Senator on this one.

Trout [Wink]

(WE have one Congressman in Iowa on the Bill.)

--------------------
Now is the time in your life to find the "tiger" within.
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
www.iowalymedisease.com
[/URL]  -

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Thanks, Trout. It means a lot when I know how much you have on your plate lately. I do hope you are both getting some answers and help.
Fellow Iowan,
Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sent a letter to Senator Barbara Boxer and Senator Diane Feinstein. Also sent a letter to Rep Richard Pombo.

Will continue to do this.

A.

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Way to go, Allison! I contacted Sens. Voinovich and DeWine and my Rep. Dennis Kucinich.

Dennis(who is newly wed) had signed on for the Smith bill in the first round, so I had to explain the new combo bill.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

8man12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8man12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we email everyday,especially,here in Pa. were they also have a bill to stop treatment.Courtesy of the head of the Infectious disease society,who must think people in Western Pennsylvania dont travel out east,for vacation,etc.
Posts: 510 | From NEVERLAND.USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

We have to keep after our government people. We hired them with our vote and we can fire them with our vote. (I know all the hard work that has been done in PA and wish I could help there too.)

Most of them mean to do well, so please e-mail them to get them to support the bills before the US congress.

For Senate go to http://www.senate.gov/ find your two senators and copy and paste the following on the e-mail you can send them on a form there.

Please support S1479 (sponsored by Senators Dodd and Santorum) by becoming a co-sponsor of this bill for Lyme and Tick-borne Disease Prevention, Education, and Research. Lyme disease is becoming an epidemic in our country and help is needed now.
Thank you

Or
For House go to http://www.house.gov/ find your rep and e-mail the following right there.

Please support HR 3427 (sponsored by Representatives Smith and Kelly) by becoming a co-sponsor of this bill for Lyme and Tick-borne Disease Prevention, Education, and Research. Lyme disease is becoming an epidemic in our country and help is needed now.
Thank you

------------------------------------------------
Quick and easy and the more of us who e-mail them, the more the numbers will mount up and they will see they have to take action and sign on as co-sponsors.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement