LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » heel pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: heel pain
heiwalove
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone else here suffer from heel pain? is this a lyme symptom? i get it pretty bad when i walk any distance; and my primary doc who is not lyme knowledgeable said she thinks i have planters facitis (sp?), or something of that nature.

any idea what to do about it?

thanks,
heather.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livinlyme
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Heather,
Sorry but it will go away in a few days... do you have a wart looking thing on your heel? if you don't have a raised area then it is most likely not that. I thought I had a bone spur on my heel when this happened to me I went out drinking to get rid of the pain and the only thing I accomplished was spending the night in the bath room and a date with John Porcelain!
It usually helps when I have a pain I can't find an answer too at least I pass out and it is gone in the morning .. not the heel pain.. I delivered pizza for a living a few years ago.. and the pain was too much.. I couldn't get an answer for why but I do know it does go away in time.. I also had jaw pain thought my tooth was bad Dentist told me there was nothing wrong with the tooth..I found out after I insisted he remove the tooth that the pain was still there for 2 weeks after...I learned that it was a form of neuropathy or possibly Myofascial syndrome.. I do think it is LD related.
you won't find anything to do.. you will most likely have to ride it out until it calms down.. try soaking it in epsoms salts to maybe allivaite anything that might be aggrevateing the nerves around your feet.. oh try naprocin or aleve.. that might help too...just thinking now,, what i didnt do...
like I said I was told it wasn't a bone spur,,,, and no one could help me get rid of it .. But I know it hurts like hell! and if you try to walk on the ball of your foot your calves will become painfully sore.. so try to walk very softly and favor that foot a bit more but try the soaks that is something never thought of back then..
Linda D hope this helps and I hope it pain leaves fast..

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out www.spondylitis.org and read about reactive arthritis and undifferentiated spondyloarthritis. Heel pain can be a symptom of spondylitis, which is arthritis of the spine.

I think it definitely can be caused by Lyme. I know mine was at least partly caused by salmonella.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it is a lyme symptom.

I used to have alot of heel pain. I always thought it was something I did. But, I would get it no matter what I did, yes it would be worse if I walked too much. But what is walking too much to one person is not alot to a person who was exhausted constantly.

I have not had alot of heel pain since treatment for lyme.

Lisi

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme_suz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son, who is 11yrs, has overall foot pain and heel pain.

He was diagnosed with that thing you said. He also was diagnosed with very high arch. He was fitted for orthotics are helping him. Dr. said that heel pain is exacerbated by high arch and also happens commonly when feet are growing. I believe that but I think it is mostly the lyme.

Takes medication for pain that we have to keep up with or it flares up.

I believe that we have a case of the lyme settling at a weak pt in body. Evil evil lyme.

Antibiotics are slowly clearing problem up. One facet was cramping which is gone.

Thank goodness this mess is treatable. But healing so slow!

Hope you get some relief soon. Keep the faith.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A clip from Dr. B Literature

Bartonella
. More ticks in NE contain Bartonella than contain Lyme
. Clinically, seems to be a different species than "cat scratch disease"

[loco]
. Gastritis and rashes, CNS, seizures, tender skin nodules and [hi] sore soles [hi]

. Tests are insensitive! (serologies and PCR)
. Levofloxacin (Levaquin) is drug of choiceconsider adding proton pump inhibitor

--------------------
HEATHER

-

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may want to as your PCP about seeing a podiatrist as well.

I had this and it turned out to be Plantar Fascitis. I went to PT and with a few weeks of stretching excercises, it went away. They had me strecth the foot 2x pr day with a long rubber strip and it did the trick. LLMD said Bart can also trigger this.

Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeLaura
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeLaura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a lyme symptom for me. Actually, one of the first. I was first diagnosed with plantar faciatis (sp?), did all the stretching, helped a little, but didn't make it go away. The pain went away after 3 months of lyme treatment. Still resurfaces when I'm herxing. We had a neighber who was having the same trouble. Turns out she has lyme too. The stretching does help, though.
Posts: 132 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livinlyme
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow lyme_suz,
Amazing I also have a high arch! but I never had the heel pain until the last 5 years and I even had it after lyme treatment heel pain as well as all the other symptoms come and go with or without treatment... I am getting so tired of dealing with this..
I have to agree with the theory that it is the Lyme hitting our weak spots.. and the weak spots vary according to what our bodies are contending with at the time... so when one "playground" shuts down there is surely another one openning up somewhere else for those darn balsted bugs to play in!!
OUCH
Sorry Heather to date no one can tell me I have Bart.. but then again I don't think there are any reliable tests for many illnesses and if someone can prove me wrong then please do.. I think our health is becoming more of a "roll of the dice" the more I hear; the more I tend to doubt science! I am starting to think that using medications is not even such a wise idea.. maybe God wants me there and not here... I am sorry but I'm just so tired to fighting to gain quality: fighting politics, fighting insurance, fighting agencies, fighting MD's who can't agree on something, fighting inadequate testing methods..

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT while my body stops and lets this disease run the show... so maybe it is my time to go!
It is very apparent that what ever happens the system is a major drain on my (and everyone with LD) existence.
I want to go to work but I want to feel well enough to go to work..
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lla2
Member # 2364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lla2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bartonella is known for causing heel pain....

if you haven't tested positive, you probably won't ..it s a tough one to test + for...just get treatment for it..very prevelent...

Lisa

Posts: 4713 | From saunderstown, ri Usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme_suz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeesh,

I cannot get away from the realization that Doug and Amanda probably have Bart.

Does it make you sleeples.?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement