LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » dizziness and numb scalp .. help plz

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dizziness and numb scalp .. help plz
shiloah831
Member # 3643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shiloah831   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can anyone help me please? i have had lyme since i was a little girl ..was not dgnsed til 1989 gave wrong abxs for 3 yrs.. 1995 IV rocephin for only 3 wks .. now on doxy only 100 mg 2 x .... i have or had almost every symptom on lyme list..except maybe 3 ... i have this dizziness that if something upsets me i get this "wave" of dizziness literally that goes through me.. sorry..the only way i can explain it. i have alot of panic attacks and alot of brain fog .. does anyone have this.or have had?. i feel like i'm falling off the "edge".. i take a clonipin and a dramamine and the feeling and dizziness goes almost all away....??????? Is it panic attack related? i feel a rush of panic go through me when i get dizzy.. also my head gets numb when iu get upset or something scares me... like the feeling when you get goose pimples and it goes up your back and to your head? only mine stays that way til i take a clonipin....please help..
Posts: 6 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frenchie
Member # 7994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frenchie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My jaw dropped when I read your post. I get that same wave of dizziness that goes through your body. I thought I was just crazy. I thought it was panic related as well, but it has also happened when I'm not stressed out at all. It is such a strange feeling. I get nauseus and feel like I'm falling.

--------------------
Laura French

Posts: 39 | From Bloomington, IN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that feeling all too well!!!!!!!
Except Dramamine, Antivert and the others don't help me. It feels as if I get goosebumps and a silky cloth is running over them.

The dizziness is horrible.,, Feeling as if falling, constantly in motion, exaggerated motion when you move your head etc..

This has been one of the most disabling symptoms for me. Can't drive, walk easily, perform tasks, even the easiest ones.

Babs treatment didn't touch it.

I also have/had most of the symptoms on the lyme list. One I excluded was testicular pain (female), but I think I even found them under the sides of my chin. [lol] Swollen glands (Bart?) [Eek!]
Some of this cleared with Cipro , but returned after stopping. I'm going to ask for more Bart tx.
Getting a little better, but not enough!!!!!!!!

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YorktownNL
Member # 7657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YorktownNL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had very similar nuero symptoms too, where I could not tolerate any stress and had intermittent dizzy spells.

Felt as if I was on the verge of falling out of my chair. Could hardly work, speak and was starting to be concerned about driving.

After shrinks, nueros and the ER, my pcp finally diagnosed lyme. I was up to 12 advil a day controlling the symptoms.

With 400 mg doxy a day, these symptoms are much better. I my advil is down to 4 a day. I rarely have dizzy spells now after 3 months doxy.

Starting d-toxying too with questran, which seems to help more.

Get your self to an llmd - those symptoms sound like lyme. It helped me to write up all my symptoms, compare with the list and show it to my doc...he is now semi into it and actually brough up Shoemakers books - desparate meds and mole warriars...

Look at tin cups Cranial Nerves Posting to help it all make sense. Its CNS Inflamation.

Posts: 87 | From Yorktown VA USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes...me too. I have had this vertigo and dizziness and more over the last several months numbness in my head (spine, legs). Also the feeling of something in side my body sort of panic.

It's hard to get around with vertigo!

What I am trying in addition to the abx is:

visualization.

humming.

Humming gets you grounded in your voice at the heart.

And visualizing the roots of a tree growing as your feet and the trunk up to your body and then the limbs and leaves up out ober your head

And breath deeply (hard when lung/chest feel like collapsing).

This is what I am starting to attempt to do in addition.

[Smile]

--------------------
www.lymefire.blogspot.com

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphire
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sapphire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get panic attacks too but I dont think the waves of dizziness are related except for

, blood pressure shifting from when you stand up from a lying down position might be part of the cause, so you get some vertigo,

inner ear problems could also be an explanation because there is a part of the inner ear that has to do with balance ,

,which may be why the dramamine helps because motion sickness is caused by the same unbalance in the inner ear.

try getting up very slowly, first roll to your side and stay there for a minute then slowly sit up, stay sitting for a few minutes before trying to stand up

part of this also might be related to dehydration
try drinking about a gallon of liquids a day for a few weeks and see if that helps. I always have a water bottle with me

I would also suggest meditation and deep breathing for the panic attacks, it really helps to stay centered

chirppractic care has lessened the dizzy feeling for me because blood flow to the brain is hindered when the muscles are tight
in the neck or the neck is out of alignment .massage has helped that as well

--------------------
[email protected]

Posts: 154 | From NH | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, yes you do feel like you're losing it. it is horrible because if anyone else were feeling this, they would have anxiety about the ability to function.

If you question your ability to function throughout ONE DAY, then compound that feeling by months, you get pretty darned depressed.

I used a lot of visualization and called the doc's nurse to just talk me through the morning tears and jitteriness.

At my appt just the other day, I told the doc I truly felt I was going to end up in the hospital. he said he never thought I'd be in the hospital. I don't know if he was saying I'm paranoid or if he was telling me he knew he'd get me better.

I'm sorry but noone knows you better than you.

Talking to someone like the posters here was extremely helpful

--------------------
Lymester

Posts: 519 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shiloah831
Member # 3643

Icon 14 posted      Profile for shiloah831   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thankyou all so much for your replies..just knowing someone "out there"that has the same feelings as i do just makes me feel better...I think i will "up" my doxy to 400 mg a day.. i have only been taking 100 mg in morning and 100 mg at night.. i am obviously not getting through the blood barrier to the brain..Thanks again ..you guys have no idea how much you helped me.. i do not have a DR. and i lost my insurance so i don't have a Dr to call when i'm scared.. just the posts here.. but you have helped alot ....:<)) thankyou again
Posts: 6 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caat
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 2321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Shiloah,

I was releived to see your last post here. Glad you're thinking about the blood brain barrier.

Been there, done that with no doctor. I hope you get some help soon. It's hell. You're a very strong person to be dealing with this without a doc. I went through that 3 years ago. I hope you will get all the help you need.

Posts: 1436 | From Humboldt county ca usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement