LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Strange symptoms from the twilight zone.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strange symptoms from the twilight zone.
bob_ffxi
Member # 7945

Icon 12 posted      Profile for bob_ffxi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to start a thread about some of the more bazaar things I have noticed since I became sick. I have had two "events" or flares in symptoms since the beginning of august. I have already mentioned the more noticable/explainable symptoms in other threads.

These are the odd ones that I have noted in my mind that just seem really strange and I wonder if any of you have ever experienced them. I call them twilight zone symptoms, because if I ever tried to explain them to a doctor they would just look at me like I was crazy.

Strange thing #1: Limbs no longer "fall asleep":
I have noticed that after each flare my arms and legs no longer fall asleep when I am sitting in an uncomfortable position. As I start to feel better they slowly return to "falling asleep" as I once knew it..... Weird....

Strange thing #2: Low pitch rumble when talking on the phone::
This one is really strange. First you need to be able to relate to the sound you hear in your ears when you clench your jaw tight or clench your eyes tightly. You should (most people do anyway) hear a low rumbling soung in your ears, I guess this noise is generated by muscles near your ears.

Alright, now you have the sound and the feeling it makes we will get to the strange part. When I am talking to someone on the phone, on occasion, I will hear that rumbling sound along to the same sensation you feel from the muscles generating it... However it occurs to the volume of the persons voice and is only present when they are speaking or some sound is made over the phone. Kind of like someone presses a button to activate the rumble every time the speak a word....... really weird

Strange thing #3 The occasional strange liquid sound coming from somewhere in the back of my head/neck:
Ok, now this might be something that is completely normal that has always happened but I have never noticed it before. Occasionally, when moving my neck or when I am laying in bed after waking up I will hear a sound like liquid being squirted somewhere in the vicinity of the lower back side of my head, neck, spine area. The sound is sort of like when your sinuses drain or have a pressure change but not coming from that area at all. Just a kind of mild high pitched squirting sound that lasts a couple of seconds sometimes happens a few times in a row. Hmm.

Well that's it for the strange observations from the twilight zone. Back to your regularly scheduled symptoms [Wink]

-Bob

Posts: 67 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob,
How about this one. It's new to me the past year or so.

Being woken up by the outside of my ear(the cartiledge part) very painful, hot and bright red. This is the ear that was on the pillow.

Anyway, it makes the whole side of my head hurt all the way into my neck and shoulder. It takes a few hours to subside. (Forget about going back to sleep!)Sometimes it happens for a few days in a row and other times not for months and then just once.

What the heck is that other than annoying? [loco]

It seems to have come back after just starting treatment again. which is why I've been thinking about it.

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob_ffxi
Member # 7945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob_ffxi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had that on occasion, it happens more often when wearing headphones but I have also had it happen when laying with my ear on a pillow. It is very annoying!

Another odd thing, right now it feels like my spine is radiating heat almost like I have a heating pad on my back between my shoulders/neck. The really strange thing is that the area actually is pretty warm, my fianc� can feel the heat by touching it. Strange...

-Bob

Posts: 67 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob_ffxi
Member # 7945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob_ffxi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I don't feel 100% wacko anymore, someone else has the weird spine fluid sound too!

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.diseases.lyme/browse_thread/thread/d8ef4f8a8cc49bc1/0570752e57536d65?lnk=st&q=sound++fluid+spine&rnum=10#0570752e57536d65

-Bob

5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since you are sharing twilight zone weird stuff and at the risk of sounding completely mental,when I herx I can't seem to stop mubbling the same phrase.It goes something like this:

"Anna mae say may say ." I know completely psycho.It just comes out and I quietly mumble it to my self.

One of the nurses at my LLD said she never came across this.That made me feel even more like a freak.

Maybe this is a way of self comforting myself or just a brain mis-fire?

I hope I am not coming unglued.

Anyone with this one?

Take care dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob_ffxi
Member # 7945

It's ok Dana, we're all crazy here [Wink]

I guess that phrase just tells you that the spirochetes in your brain are waving their flagella one last time. Don't whisper it, shout it out as an enthusiastic death cheer! You could even put some braveheart-esque face paint on while doing it..... Always good for a vacation at a rubber walled hotel.... [Big Grin]

-Bob

5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob-ffxi

Thanks so much for your reply. I don,t feel so much like a mental freak.

Take care
dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vitch
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the red, painful, outer ear is/was considered a European symptom by some. Guess it's become Americanized.
Posts: 281 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walnut
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6585

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Walnut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Delayed pain.

For example, I bump my leg on the corner on the coffee table. At the time I don't feel a thing, may get a small bruise. Then 1-2 weeks later, the "injured" spot will start hurting -- hurting badly -- way out of proportion of the original injury.

Moreover, the pain will come and go over weeks, sometime months, despite I have completely recovered from whatever minor injury I had in the first place.

My pain nerves seem to have a better memory, than I do.

Posts: 187 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brodiemac
Member # 7232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brodiemac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Twilight zone eh??? Well, my husband reckons he could write a book on that.

How about a knee that gets progressively more red as the intensity of his headache increases?

Or a heel that tingles every night for 10 minutes just after he climbs into bed?

Or a numb patch on his forehead, just above his nose, which gets far more intense when he wears his spectacles.

Or a noise like a creaking door in his neck which he is convinced is so loud I should be able to hear it.

I could go on and on. This disease must be the weirdest thing on earth.

Brodie

Posts: 72 | From Scotland | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement