LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lyme Documentary Preview

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme Documentary Preview
KrisKraft
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4329

Icon 7 posted      Profile for KrisKraft     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a preview of our upcoming documentary on Lyme disease, "Under Our Skin." click on the "View Sample" button at:
http://www.lymediseasefilm.com/

During the last few months, we've spoken with hundreds of Lyme patients, physicians, and researchers, and we're about a quarter of the way through the production process. (We're following the progress of several patients over six months or so.) We just got back from the ILADS, and LDA conferences, where we were able to interview or set-up interviews with a number of Lyme experts.

We have been overwhelmed and deeply touched with the support we've received from Lyme sufferers and the people who care for them. We feel strongly that this story needs to be told -- the sooner the better. To that end, if you know of someone who would like to make a tax-deductable donation to this project, please forward this information to them.

KrisKraft
Co-producer, Open Eye Pictures
http://www.lymediseasefilm.com/

--------------------
KrisKraft
www.lymediseasefilm.com

Posts: 245 | From Palo Alto, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow kiskraft-This is a wonderful thing you are doing with this film.

And thanks for adding Ms Tams preview.People have no eye idea what lyme is or even how it's transmitted.

They need to know.I was one of those patients that feel in the cracks of the medical system.

People need to know,the system needs to change and none to soon.

Blessings and good luck with this!

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nan
Member # 63

Icon 2 posted      Profile for nan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terrific! I couldn't get the Sample to play.
Thank you for your effort, Kris. I love this quote:

"The terrorist in my body has been found."
- Amy Tan, bestselling author

[woohoo]

--------------------
nan

Posts: 2135 | From Tick Country | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cgooge
Member # 7922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cgooge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent sample...can't wait for the whole documentary!!
Posts: 82 | From Summerville, SC | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krazykt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for krazykt1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a wonderful thing you are doing with open eye...I couldn't get the sample to play either..Looking forward to this being released!!!
Posts: 740 | From BC Canada | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrisKraft
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KrisKraft     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To play the clip, make sure you have the free QuickTime player loaded on your computer. You can get it for free on the Apple website, and it runs on a PC or a Mac.
KrisKraft

--------------------
KrisKraft
www.lymediseasefilm.com

Posts: 245 | From Palo Alto, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey ......... that is a great clip ...... I'm even in it.

robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update Kris.

Looks great so far!!!!! Good mix of people.

Any projections as to when film will be completed?

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I Have Lyme Etc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I Have Lyme Etc   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kris
Thanks so much for posting this. I watched the clip.. Excellently done and extremely intense..I was extremely moved by this clip so much so the tears didn't take long to begin as I myself and most of us can identify with each of these people. For myself it was the girl who said it would be OK if she didn't wake up from her operation and the man who sometimes thought of driving himself off a cliff. After 15 yrs of batteling this and it's getting harder each day I have felt like these 2 people more often than not..
Thanks again so much for this.

--------------------
 -
My Blog--
http://learnaboutlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Posts: 209 | From South Carolina by the beach | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathwork
Member # 567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathwork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kris...

If this is just a bit of the whole, I'm anxious to see the whole! Well done, madame....well done.

Thank you for doing this, with integrity, professionalism and heart.

Carol Ann

Posts: 1062 | From CA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kris, great trailer, Bravo.

I hope you are successful with your funding requests to .orgs to bring this to fruition.

Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful clip!
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krazykt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for krazykt1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else having trouble veiwing the clip? I click yes when the box asks if I want to download quicktime but it stops there, says done...nothing
Posts: 740 | From BC Canada | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrisKraft
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KrisKraft     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up.

--------------------
KrisKraft
www.lymediseasefilm.com

groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kris
Great trailer-Looks and sounds good-
Very intense
Played smooth on my PC and Mac-
--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krazykt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3739

Wow! Hits the nail on the head so far! when do you expect completion? can't wait...I'm already in tears! Thanks Kris for posting this
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent! The soundtrack is perfect...gave me the chills! I want to tell my story too..I have so much to say. WOW. Great work..can't wait to see the film...and recommend it to the world!
THANK YOU!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Powerful, very moving. Do you have plans to present this to PBS ?
Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh please,move mountains or what ever it takes but please make this fim make this film.
[bow]
It will make a huge impact.
dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrotek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i must have this movie, it will be great
Posts: 636 | From Wroclaw, Poland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrotek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 636 | From Wroclaw, Poland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soleilpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved it! It was definitely an attention getter. I can't wait until it's completed!

--------------------
The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back.
-Abigail van Buren (Pauline Esther Friedman) (1918-2002)

Posts: 409 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

am glad someone pulled this up again.
good luck and I hope it gets lots air time.

--------------------
5dana8

TickSick
Member # 1073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TickSick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The content looks terrific. Wonderful effort.

Unfortunately, like krazykt1, I'm having trouble getting the download to play... Anyone else having trouble playing the clip?

Posts: 45 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Kris, I finally got QuickTime downloaded. (My Ethernet connection is the pits, lol!) It looks very promising -- makes me feel bad for those people -- then I think, hey, I'm one of them. Maybe the next relapse. Scary.

I am so looking forward to the release of this documentary. "The medium is the message," and I think having our stories and feelings articulated and visualized will contribute to a ton of understanding of our plight.

Since OpenEye helped get the word out about HIV/AIDS, I'd be very interested on your ideas as to what most turned the tide to get research and treatment to those affected. Seems we could use some of that strategy ourselves.

Regards,
Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brilliant!

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mycoplasma1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mycoplasma1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kris,

I'm happy someone has made the effort to do this. I have Lyme, Myco, etc..and have been in the film business for the past ten years.

If you need any help email me.

Chris

Posts: 216 | From Upstate NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about pre-orders as a way to fund the rest of the picture?

Regards,
Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shazdancer:
How about pre-orders as a way to fund the rest of the picture?

Regards,
Shaz

Finally got the sample to work
This looks absolutely awesome!

I would definitely pre-order this. I'm sure many others would be interested also.

Any idea of release?

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kris, several comments for you:

1. couldn't view it since I have an older pc 98.

2. site describing this film; please have a LARGER legible font for us low vision folks.

3. shorter paragraphs of 6-8 lines and double spacing between lines for us chronic lymies. We can not read this as is; our brains won't let us read long paragraphs and comprehend.

Thanks for considering to change these areas I mentioned. [bonk]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docjen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for docjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would just like BUMP the link for this amazing project! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...and please let us know how we can help!!!
Posts: 393 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement