LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » son still not 100%

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: son still not 100%
concerned mother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8128

Icon 11 posted      Profile for concerned mother     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son is still battling with the headaches. We have an appointment with the lyme guy next week. My son has had a headache for 10 weeks along with neck pain. The neurologist thinks it is from sprained neck. MRI's all ok but he is responding to the muscle relaxers and neurontin. He also has a small facial tremor that the nerologist said could be from muscle strain. We also started therapy and cranial spectrum therapy. Just waiting to rule out Lymes.

:confused:javascript:void(0)
dizzy

--------------------
Amy Holloway

Posts: 255 | From Michigan | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So hard to say. You'd need to post the results of the Lyme tests here for comments.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Recipegirl05
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6729

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Recipegirl05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From one Mom to Another,

Welcome to Lymenet.

I hope your son knows how fortunate he is to have a mom who cares about him so much.

You are very smart to get your son to an LLMD (Lyme Literate MD) now when there is time to preserve his future.

This is totally my personal opinion, but a really good LLMD will most likely be able to diagnose him based on symptoms and examination and shouldn't let him leave the office without a RX for antibiotics------ if he believes your son has LD.

Remember testing for Lyme needs to be done by a specialty lab like Igenex and only supports a clinical diangosis. A test does not diagnose LD.

There is no Lyme test available that is 100% correct.

For me to get a positive Western Blot test from Igenex Lab, I had to have 12 days of antibiotic/zithromax prior to taking the test.

Because Lyme Disease is a diagnosis based on symptoms, and seeing what serious symptoms they are, it is within the realm of possibility that he has Lyme Disease.

I wished a neurologist had taken my debilitating
headaches, neck pain and tremors more seriously 15 years ago; (and I have been to some of the best neurologists in our area.)

Neck pain and headache & trmors are classic symptoms of Lyme. Your son has only once chance of treating Lyme (if that's what it is) and that is to treat early. He'll have the best possible chances of recovery if he is treated aggressively.

You've probably already read the newbie links listed at the beginning of the Medical posts, but that'a a wonderful place to start reading.

There, you can find a symptom list in Dr. B.'s Treatment Guidelines & you'll see your son's symptoms listed there.

Let us know how he does & keep asking questions.

Best Wishes,
Jan

Posts: 222 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Concerned Mother,
Thank you for posting a follow-up.

When I first read your post on the other health board, I felt so bad for your son. I have teenage boys of my own.

The neurologist who advised you on the neurology board really "missed the boat," in my opinion.
Many people here have had the same problem with neurologists, rheumatologists, Infectious Disease doctors, you name it.

Good luck with your appointment with the LLMD.
You are to be commended for getting your son help so quickly.

I'm looking forward to finding out what this new doctor will say.

Carol

p.s. When you get the testing results, you can post them here if you want our opinions.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meema
Member # 8291

Icon 1 posted      Profile for meema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi
I am new to this..dont even know if this post will go through..
but here is my story..I had a tick in my for I have no idea how long..went to the hospital and had it removed..they said it was in there for awhile..and it was starting to get infected..
when they did remove the tick (which they said was a deer tick)..that was when i had the bulls-eye rash..took blood..went on meds for two weeks..test came back neg..went to family doctor who also took blood work..also came back neg..with everything else looking good..since all of this has happened..my legs are burning..and i feel like i have the flu..the tick was in my side..under bra strap..so small I thought it was a scab..from constant scrathing..have pain there sometimes..along my ribs..also sometimes have hot burning pain in my upper back..Medical doctor is trying to tell me the hot sensations in my legs is from my nerves..because I am a nervous person to begin with..right now I am sitting here typing this with my shins and ankles on fire..
HELP..what can I do for this..and does anyone think this is lyme..
thanks..meema

Posts: 1 | From new york westchester county | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement