LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Can you detox by crying?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can you detox by crying?
Nal
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6801

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep, I have been in tears for a couple days now!!!! With all the horrible symptom flares (twitches, aches, etc), I have been crying up a storm! I know my anxiety is sky high as well (hubby leaves this Sunday and will be gone 3 weeks which leaves me with our 3 kids all alone). Im terrified! What if something bad happens while he is gone??

So, does crying help detoxify?? Im positive I am making things worse with the anxiety right?? Man oh man.

nancy

--------------------
Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it!

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brodiemac
Member # 7232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brodiemac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will cope Nancy - you know you will really. Just be strong and tell yourself that you will not let this disease rule your life. My husband sometimes gets really stressed and depressed by this disease and gets to the point of tears - such a period is almost always followed by some of his 'better days'. He reckons it gets rid of a lot of the tensions and does his good. So perhaps crying really is a detox!

Brodie

Posts: 72 | From Scotland | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When i first started getting my symptoms I used to always say crying made me feel better....especially with the throat closing symptom. I think crying does have some detox power to it.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henson2
Member # 463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for henson2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Nancy,

I have heard that tears do release toxins from the body. Way before I was sick with Lyme, I read that one should cry when one felt the urge, because it did have a kind of purging function.

With this disease I have OFTEN gone thru periods of crying spells! I do find them releasing, altho sometimes I needed something in the way of medication to be able to calm me down.

At times it got debilitating. i.e. I would cry for no reason, and often.

Are you in a position to get any anti-anxiety meds from a Dr? Ativan was helpful. I know some folks have been helped by xanax.

I think it does release toxins, but I also think if crying spells de-rail your ability to function entirely, then you could use some help with it.

Sometimes when it got too bad, I would back off the abx. Too many crying spells was a sign for me that I couldn't handle the treatment level.

Also, if a stressful time was coming up that I knew about, such as the absence of your husband that you noted, I would take a breather from the dose of abx I was on.

Check with your LLMD, ok? I'm betting something can be done to ease this road for you.

Wishing you strength and sending you hope that the clouds will clear.
[Smile]

Posts: 1066 | From East Coast | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
secondtimearound
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for secondtimearound     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I know you can because I've been doing it since I relapsed in May.

No matter what treatment I used, EVERY time I herxed it was emotional with uncontrolled crying and I always felt better after it. In the beginning I and my family really thought I was going off the deep end but a clear pattern developed.

Antibiotics, 4 days later crying, then 4 weeks later. Salt/C 4 days after starting and every 4 weeks, crying.

I would rife every Thursday and be a wreck every Monday.

I am still rifing every week but now the crying seems to be gone at least for the last 3 weeks. Now I just feel lousy for a day or two and then good for the rest of the week.

Toxins are in your brain (hypothalmus area which controls emotions) and crying is a very good and probably easy way for your body to release them.

Believe me it wasn't a pretty site to see a 6' 225lb weight lifter, and jock crying his eyes out but as soon as we understood it, we learned to accept it. (had to throw that in just in case you guys were thinking I was a little feminine:) It will get easier and I swear I never thought it would again either but it does.

All My Best,
Scott

--------------------
BTW - I am NOT a medical professional - just speaking from MY own personal experience.

Posts: 266 | From Philadelphia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read once somewhere and I think it was in a book by Hohn McKenna called Natural Alternatives to Antibiotics, that through the centuries over time, some of the natural antibiotics were thought to be garlic, onions and.....TEARS! I found that to be very intriguing. Maybe part of the crying spells we experience with lyme is a slice of the body taking care of itself with what it has, in some way. May be stretching it, but I did find that to be very interesting. Personally, over the last couple of years I have done soooo much crying, that has not really made me feel a whole lot better, just swollen and heavy, I'm thinking it may have been some way to get the antibiotic thing going...if there's any merit to the idea that tears are natural antibiotic. I have had lyme a looooong time and just over the last two or three years did it get very very very VERY bad! Finally, I ot diagnosed and have been under antibiotic treatment for a few months and I think it is helping although I do still have the rage moments which I have just discovered a metaphor to describe the total disability of emotional expression that gets directed into the self....and I call it black ice. Can't see it coming, while in it, totally out of control. I think it's a fitting metaphor. Anyway....my Thanksgiving was horrendous again for the third year in a row! But the day after and then today is much better. It really doesn't seem like I will get through some of the most despairing moments but so far somehow , I do. I'll pick up my prescription for bicillin im next week and start up on that....(((sigh))).

Best wishes to all.

--------------------
www.lymefire.blogspot.com

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few days after starting Ketek . . . .whoa I was so emotional, lots of tears. Dr said it was herx. Cycled back to the same symptoms the next month. This month much better no tears, no cycle so far. Whew

--------------------
When I feel blue . . . . . . its time to take another breath

Posts: 296 | From East Coast | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good evening Nancy,

Yes...Bb has been cultured in tears.
Hoping that after the wash, you will feel better [Smile]

My best,
Melanie

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vitch
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8094

Icon 3 posted      Profile for vitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know the answer but that's an extremely clever question.

--------------------
[email protected]

www.lymediseaseassociation.org/Conflicts.doc

Worthless tests & labs, a dangerous vaccine, insurance companies refuse to pay, undertreatment the norm, all about money. MO.

Posts: 281 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timesup
Member # 8020

Icon 11 posted      Profile for timesup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My tears are weird. They sting my face, almost like acid. Does anyone else have 'acid tears'...and would this be normal for someone with late-stage borrelia and co-infections?

Ticktoxic

Posts: 1 | From California | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ponytail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponytail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG - if they did detoxify - I'd be CLEAN as a whistle 4 sure!!!

Right before I finally gave in and retired from work - I was crying for no reason ALL the TIME - huge issue at work!!! LOL

Someone stopped in office to ask question - I cried.

Phone rang - I cried!

U know what I mean???

I understand your fear of being alone w/ kids!! I have had that kind of anxiety.

Never found anything - med wise - that helped it. Just time and trying to remain positive.

It helped knowing I wasn't crazy on my own but, even that can't stop the insanity sometimes.

Do you have some good neighbors around you? I know my work folk (former work folk now) and neighbors and friends were so supportive for me when I needed it!

I cry less now (except for the last couple of weeks). Don't know if you watch Grey's Anatomy on Sunday nites - but ever since that "PERFECT KISS" - I've been a basket case.

Strange the things that set u off!!

Please take care of yourself and feel free to email if you need to talk. Sometimes that can help so much just knowing you are not alone!

Sherry

[email protected]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 704 | From Huntsville, Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Google" the words "tears contain"...it's quite fascinating!
Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vitch
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you and the kids spend a lot of time at the church, for any reason... volunteering, playdays, cooking for the holidays... The church could be a good place when you need to cry.

--------------------
[email protected]

www.lymediseaseassociation.org/Conflicts.doc

Worthless tests & labs, a dangerous vaccine, insurance companies refuse to pay, undertreatment the norm, all about money. MO.

Posts: 281 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement