LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Babesia success stories

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Babesia success stories
citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for citruslyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone. I have heard that babs is very hard to eradicate of not impossible.
I have not yet started my TX but am worsening.
I wanted to hear some hope.
If anyone could share their babs story and what worked best for them/ how long it took and how long they had babs before treatment.
thanx so much

--------------------
citrus

Posts: 248 | From student | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had 6 weeks of treatment for babs (Mepron/zith combo). I herxed at about the 4 day mark, and on the 4 week mark, I wanted only to go to bed and stay there for the rest of my life! [Wink]

Just a few days after the meds were done, I felt MUCH better. I knew the "yellow paint" (or was it the zithromax?) had kicked something, big time. Over the next few months, only taking vitamins and supplements for immune support, I have been able to get my life back.

I teach dance and gymnastics, and shelve books at the library. I will be going back to school for my masters next year. I recently won my division at a Scrabble tournament. I have a few residual effects (tender hands and feet, tinnitus), but I am in remission.

Hang in there and do what it takes -- it CAN get better!

Regards,
Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbirdsings
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbirdsings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shaz, I am so sick I am unable to dance at this point. It also has to do with the severity of my symptoms.

How long were you sick before you began treatment? What were your symptoms, etc?

So good to hear, you had such a major improvement!! I hope my treatment goes really well for co-infections.

Posts: 114 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, blackbird, sorry you are feeling so poorly.

I recently got to take a master class by a Martha Graham Company teacher, and they videotaped me for the local TV news! Wow, this overweight 48-year-old next to those youngsters? I could never have gotten through the class a year ago.

I first came down with symptoms in 2001. I was treated for Lyme for a few months, recovered slowly for several months after that. (I first presented with swollen joints in my hands, then fatigue and brain fog.)

I slowly lost my stamina in 2004, crashing big time after packing to move out of state. This time the symptoms were worse: feet, back, and neck were painful, foggy brain, hot flashes and teeth-chattering chills, fatigue and lethargy, weight gain, hearing loss and tinnitus, depression. I had to limit my work hours, didn't have the energy to pursue more work, or even buy a Christmas tree last year.

After treating for Lyme again (all orals), my LLMD suggested trying the babs treatment.

This year, I'm getting the tree!

I hate this disease. I hope you feel better soon!

Take care,
Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalphia
Member # 8305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalphia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Shazdancer, (like that name)>>>>>>
Congratulations on feeling so wonderful. Just one question is you don't mind. Did I understand you post corrctly, that you were diagonised with Lyme and Babesia, both???????????

I've recently been diagonised with Lyme, Babesia, Mycoplasma, Epstein Barr and MVS Bacteria......what a host of things to get treatment for, will have to take one infection at a time.

I was impressed to see how quickly you responded to your treatments, how wonderful and I wish the best for you and that you continue with good health.

Dalphia

Posts: 97 | From Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for citruslyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shaz- I would do about anythign to be able to dance again and exercise!! I can't live without those hobbies.
I find that exercise helped and then after I stopped things worsened.
do you find dance makes you feel healthier?
someone explained to me that bacteria live off C02 and when you dance/ you convert C02 much faster so the bacteria absorbs less.
It is interesting.
so you had it a total of 4 years?
thank you for the hope. juts zithro and mepron for you?

--------------------
citrus

Posts: 248 | From student | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Dear Dalphia,

Thank you for your kind words. [Smile]

I was initially diagnosed with Lyme only, but when I didn't seem to respond much to antibiotics after I relapsed, my LLMD wanted to try babesia treatment. I actually didn't think it was going to work, since my symptoms didn't sound all that severe for babs. Silly me.

I seem to have a strong immune system, and started off very healthy, things which seem to serve me well when fighting TBD.

Dear citrus,

The CO2 theory sounds interesting.

Yes, it's been 4 years since I first came down with symptoms, but since I never saw the tick that got me, and never had an EM rash, I don't know when I was first infected.

I was forced to exercise, in a way, because I am a single parent and need to earn a living, and the living I was trained for was in dance. (I also coach gymnastics.) However, I pushed myself at times, and rested when I needed to. It was much tougher to stay in any kind of shape this time, until after the babs treatment. I feel for your frustraton. More than once, I thought I might never dance again.

I feel strongly that it is important to exercise while being treated for Lyme, though, even if it must be less than you are used to, and even if you have to nap after to recover from the exertion. We need to keep our bodies as strong as we possibly can, to fight the disease. And the sweat and endorphins that result from exercise help us feel better.

Now in remission, I feel "normal" tired at the end of the day, after working harder than I have in a year. I don't feel "sick" tired. (Yes, there is a difference, and don't let anyone convince you you are lazy or faking it when you are ill.) My body recovers from exertion faster. But I am also careful to rest when I can, and I try not to over-stress.

All that said, I do not think my body will be able to keep up this pace forever (it's been over 20 years), and I want to get into a different field that will enable me to earn a living even if I should need to go back under treatment. So I will be pursuing my master's degree next year. I will still dance -- either by teaching only a few classes, or by taking a few, just for me!

So put on some seasonal music, and wave your arms if that is all you can do -- but move for the joy of it! then rest.

Take care,
Shaz

Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi citruslyme,

I have been in treatment for Babesia for over a year now, and I am so much better than ever before in my whole life.
I don't really know how long I have had Babesia, but my guess is a long time. So far what is working for me is Malarone, Zithromax, Plaquenil.

Speaking of dancing, I went out dancing with my sister and a bunch of girls. (girls night out LOL) I really thought I would not ever have that much fun again.

So hang in there and don't loose your hope.
Happy Holidays. [Smile]

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil M Martin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil M Martin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See my posts about www.Hepalin

--------------------
Neil

Posts: 697 | From Tucson, AZ USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement