LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » sciatica

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sciatica
pattilynn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8065

Icon 9 posted      Profile for pattilynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone had sciatica related to lyme. I keep getting what I think is inflamed nerves in different areas that move from one place to the next.

Right now I have a painful,numb/tingly, burning area between the shoulder blades. It moves from side to side.

I also have sciatica (numb tingly left leg from butt cheek, down side of leg to heel). Chiro says it's sciatica.

These things come and go and move randomly. I'm so sick of it.

Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks in advance!

Patti

Posts: 340 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beccaman
Member # 1558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beccaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.....my sister's name is Patti Lynne...

yes all the time especially on the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet and right in between the shoulder blades......SORRY !!!

--------------------
marcia

Posts: 75 | From Pascoag , R.I. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too; this has been going on for years and extremely painful when I try to roll over & take that bad leg over too!

I'm going to call my primary dr. to see if physical therapy will help me "herx" arm/shoulder where I have lost so much strength and range of motion plus my neck and left sciatic.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brodiemac
Member # 7232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brodiemac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sciatica type pain is my husband's main LD symptom. It started with tingling at the bottom of his spine and behind one knee, then he felt cold sensations on his thigh - after a couple months, the sensations turned to pain. Then the same thing happened on the other side although not quite so severe.

Now he has constant pain starting at the area around his coccyx and going down over his buttocks, down the back of his thighs, all the way round the knees. Sometimes, his kneecaps are agony and turn very red although they never seem to swell.

He started IV Rocephin 2 weeks ago and within 24 hours of starting it, the pain had extended down his calf to his heel on both legs. That had never happened before. The pain is still as extensive and severe despite the two weeks treatment - I just hope it will start to recede soon with the IV.

Brodie

Posts: 72 | From Scotland | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got sciatica before I knew I had lyme.

It got totally cured with acunpucture, and it was VERY FAST. I had got sciatica only for a few days before the treatment, and it was not still preventing me from walking, but the pain was strong/ not unbearable though.

It took a first acunpuncture session to get rid of 90% of the pain, then a second session to get rid of the rest. It didn't come back fortunately.

My acunpuncturist is a physician too and didn't know I had lyme either, so she treated only the sciatica and it worked!

Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Littlesprout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Littlesprout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the sciatica also. I have to walk with a cane because of it. I have had it for yrs and it got alot worse several yrs ago. It comes and goes but is always there to a degree.

Right now I also have a torn rotator cuff in my shoulder. I would rather have that then the sciatica pain. At least I am not trying to walk on my shoulder.

I have try back injections, facet injections, sciatica injections, accupunture. Nothing works much. I just started Lyrica for the nerve pain, they say it takes a couple of wks to get relief.

Last yr it was alot better for a short time, I was also taking plain CSM. Wondering if it is the neurotoxins causing the pain [confused]
So I am starting back on it also.

Posts: 315 | From USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement