LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » hey Cats Claw users-? for you...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hey Cats Claw users-? for you...
Nal
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6801

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should be getting my TOA free Cats claw in the mail today or tomorrow. I ordered the Sametto from MyHerbs. Im not expecting miracles.

Any of you noticing positive results from cats claw? What can I expect from it? I ordered the drops so how many should i start out taking? I didn't notice that it interacted with any meds-anyone know of any that it does?

Nancy

--------------------
Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it!

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyb
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Nancy. I think I saw in a search that you are on Bicillin IM. I am as well, and Cat's Claw has not caused any bad interactions for me.
Hope this helps.

- JB

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, I am only on Bicillin right now (dr wants to wait to add back in the flagyl and such). Thanks for the info!

Nancy

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I started toa's free cat's claw in capsules around 350mg 3x day, on an empty stomach.
I'm not taking any other abx, so can't tell you about interactions.

I thought I had no herxing in the beginning, but was wrong. I started having herxes after the 2nd or 3rd pill. Lots of arthritic pains.

Before taking that, my basic lyme symptom was arthritic pain in one knee and sporadically, pain in the elbow and vertebral column. Since I started taking it, I started having pains everywhere, they come and go.

I was not very sick, I think, and was feeling very well before starting 'samento'.

I heard that the liquid form is even stronger, so I would advise for you to go slow if you are very sick. I'm almost a week on the 3xday regimen, and now I feel less herxing pain, but it's still there.

I'll try the non-toa free next time (in about a month) to see what happens. Some people say it works better than the toa-free.

Good luck,
Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After my initial herx (which was a doozy), my neck pain all but disappeared within 3 weeks, and my joints felt much 'looser'.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Bayliss
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI:
I have been taking non-free Cat's Claw since Nov. 28th. With two days off from it while I was checking WHAT made me sick the first day of taking three pills.
I found out it was the Devils Claw that made me feel nauscous and weak and lots of gas. However, now I am taking all three of the herbs I originally got on the net, CC, DC, and Sarasparilla and my body is getting more used to them now.
However I still have NO antibiotics yet. I am taking one capsule a day of the Devils Claw and two a day of Cats Claw and Sarsaparilla Root. My stomache had pains for about two weeks prior to taking any of these and I still have that to a degree. However, the Devils Claw has made MOST of my arthritic pain just disappear. It happened after the 2nd pill, in the knee area, and is also working on the rest of my body now, too. Everything is loosening up.
I just got a bunch of bottles of herb pills today by UPS from California, and will start taking one each of them tonight. With my touchy stomache, I have to go very slow right now, but hope to get up to at least three pills of each of the herbs at least three times a day. THAT is still below the recommended maximum for these for the duration of at least 60 days. But every person is different and have to adjust dosage according to what you can actually handle.
The bottles from California today was lots more Cats Claw, Resveratrol, (Japanese Knotweed), and the most important to kill the Spirochetes, Andrographis. Again I will be starting out slow on these and try to build up to the maximum suggested.

Jim.
###

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tequeslady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tequeslady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD had me start very slow. About 5 drops a day. I now take 20 drops twice a day.
Posts: 856 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You want to start VERY slowly. Cat's Claw can cause quite a herx. I actually started at a partial drop once a day and then increased it. (to get the partial drop I put one drop in 2 cups of water and only drank a third of the water).

You can find more info here: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/samento/

How does your doc want you taking it?

Karen

Posts: 1688 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He wants me taking it slowly. Now however, he may be rethinking me trying it for now. If so, Ill keep a hold of it (that stuff is expensive!) and we'll go from there. Thanks for sharing the info on how to do half a drop--I was trying to figure that one out myself!

Nancy

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

Big B
Member # 8229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big B     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started with 5 drops/day of Samento and within three days was up to the full 15 drops. I stayed here for 12 days and FINALLY got a herx, but it was rather anticlimactic. I thought it would be a lot worse, it was just a 'bad few days.' If it wasn't for the Samento, I probably would have attributed it to 'getting sick,' or something I ate, which begs the question was it REALLY the cat's claw after all . . .
Posts: 45 | From Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mathias
Member # 5298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mathias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It gave me much more energy and my joints and muscles are not as crunchy anymore. Been taking 10-20 drops per day.

--------------------
Mathias

Posts: 1242 | From New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowboarder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowboarder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've taken Cat's Claw for the last month and it does work very. I herxed a lot at first but am up to taking 4 drops per day. I haven't taken the pills.

Pain does feel better and hopefully it will stay that way.

Posts: 738 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Thanks I will definately be giving it a try. I am gonna wait till next week though. Hopefully my muscle weakness on my right side will die down by then and I can start it when my hubby is back in town. Hate all this crap!

Nancy

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm taking the capsules, toa-free, 3x day around 370mg each time, on an empty stomach. No stomachache whatsoever.

I herxed for a week, lots of arthritic pains everywhere, but now stopped herxing. Nothing!! Only have back my lower grade 'fever'.

I think some of the arthritis have improved though. But I still have arthritic pain in the knee that doesn't seem to improve only with this dose.

I think I'll try to take the non-toa free or increase the dose I'm already taking.

Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.
I was mis-dx'd for 22 yrs. before finding out I had Lyme. I was told I had MS, and then FMS. I am very allergic (4+) to every conventional ABX exept for Cipro, which does not kill Lyme. So, I have no choice but alternatives.
TOA free liquid Samento has been my major treatment for 15 months now, along with Nattokinase to remove the fibrin the Bb hide behind. Recently, I added Sarsaparilla, Resveretrol and Colostrum. Androgrphis raised my blood pressure too much, and also caused a serious allergic reaction to something I had not reacted to before, so I had to stop it. This can be a problem with the TH2 dominance of late-stage Lyme,since Andrographis stimulates the entire immune system, so be careful if you decide to do the whole Buhner protocol. I prefer Colostrum, since it only stimulates Th1 immunity.
Samento makes me herx so badly that after all this time I am only on 5 drops per day,so it is not expensive for me, since it works at such a low dosage. I buy my liquid from Nutramedix, and they told me they were going to stop selling capsules because their bioavailability just isn't as good. They also told me that the dosage should be indiviualized....you should go up slowly until you herx, then drop back one dose. You should NOT allow yourself to keep herxing since that level of toxicity can cause damage. I know that is very different from what some practitioners will say!
I have almost normal energy levels now, and sleep more deeply. My rages are about 80% less and I can usually bring them under control pretty quickly. My extreme irritable bladder has not improved at all, which is disappointing. I still need two heart medications and probably always will...some damage from all those yrs. can't be fixed.....unless someone can tell me how to heal 3 leaking valves and 2 conduction disorders. (Yes, I take loads of Mg, COQ10 and carnitine).
I also think other supps. are needed, esp. B complex and Mg, and hormone supression needs to be dealt with. Much of my energy improvement may be due to low dose DHEA and Armour Thyroid.
I will continue with Samento, because it makes me herx, so I figure it must be killing something. My main herxing has been neurological, which is a hard area to kill the Bb in, even with ABX, or so I'm told.
Klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Bayliss
Unregistered

Hi Klutzo:
Sorry to hear you were misdiagnosed for soooo long. DUMB docs.
I waited 5 months before I went in and the Cipro the doc gave me worked, but he believed and STILL believes the Lyme is cured withing 21 days of strong antibiotic. So hasn't been giving me anything for it, even though I relapsed about 8 months after the treatment back then. ( 6 years ago).

It got really bad THIS year, and I was at a point of not being able to hardly SEE anymore, plus all the pain, brain fog, etc..

I STILL have NO antibiotics, but started taking herbs about two weeks ago, after reading and studying Buhner's book.

After TWO capsules of DEVILS Claw, my sight got much better, and so did the pain in the tendons behind my knees.

I had trouble with the Devils Claw at first getting sick to my stomache, and tremendous gas, but after finding out what it did to me, I started taking it in the mornings only. One Capsule a day yet.

I also started taking Cats Claw and Smilax at the same time. I NOW have added Andrographis and Resveratrol to the protocol.
I have only been taking ONE pill of each, twice a day, so Far, as I have a very touchy system, with my illeostomy and all.

BUT, my viosion continues to improve by leaps and bounds, I am feeling the arthritus in my knees, hips, and other joints more now, but I think THAT is mainly BECAUSE I NOW do NOT have the brain fog or tendon and muscle pain nearly as much.

I have ALWAYS had LOW blood pressure, but last week when I went to the doc I had high blood pressure, (144 over 88), and THAT could be attributed to the herbs, don't know. BUT I did NOT have the Andrographis or the Resveratrol at THAT time.

I am more concerned at THIS point in my life of getting rid of the Lymes than a slightly higher blood pressure, I guess. My wife takes medication for high blood pressure, but has cut it way down now as she went on a HEALTHY diet last winter and has stuck to it and HER blood pressure is always normal now. She take NO herbs. SHE does NOT have Lyme as far as we know. I guess I will have to start using her blood pressure tester and see how I do. BUT I expect something to be different, as I feel flushed in the face a lot, so the stuff is definitely fighting those Sporochetes. Whatever they are.

IF I remember right, it is Astragalus that should NOT be taken in advanced Lyme, NOT Andrographis. DOUBLE CHECK the Buhner book. BUT I am SURE of it, as MINE is advance also, and so I am staying away from Astragalus, (sp). Astrographis is the very BEST herb to be taking for ADVANCED OR early LYME. I read this ALL very, very, VERY carefully BEFORE I ordered my herbs.

AND also it is better, according to Buhner, to use the Cats Claw in Tablets WITH the TOA's, NOT the extract Without the TOA's.
PLUS Cats Claw is MUCH cheaper, much, much CHEAPER, THIS way.

I personally am feeling WONDERFUL right now as I write this. And TWO weeks ago, I thought I probably wouldn't even SEE 2006. THAT is how bad I felt then.

YES, I STILL have SOME aches and pains, but only a SMALL fraction of what I had two weeks ago. And I am only taking a minimal dose of each pill, SO FAR. EVEN less of a dose than BUhner recommends starting out with.

JIM
###

Jim Bayliss
Unregistered

PS:
I meant to say Andrographis, NOT Astragraphis in the one place in my last post.

Guess I need to proof read my posts BEFORE I send them instead of after. Sorry about that. :?)
###
Jim
###

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement