LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Getting Warm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Getting Warm
Andie333
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was dx in June and though a lot of my symptoms have significantly diminished, I still feel chilled. I don't know what I can do about it.

I was just in FL for my Mom's 80th birthday. On my second day there, I had a terrible herx, and I could NOT get warm. My parents were in short sleeves. I had on a camisole, sweats, heavy socks. I was wrapped in a blanket with a second blanket wrapped around that, and I was shivering.

Today, in anticipation of snow this week, I bought a fleece blanket, flannel sheets, a down comforter.

I'm trying to keep heating costs down this winter, because there's NO extra money. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas at all?

Thanks! Brrr

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hypothyroid?

On a calcium channel blocker?

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatigued15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny you should talk about the cold. My daughter with Lyme had QiGong today. SHe was told how important it is to stay warm with this illlness. Suggested to drink warm tea with fresh ginger sprinkled in it, no cold drinks. water should have a little warm water added. Suggested a space heater to put on in her room about 6:00am to slowly warm her room before she gets up. No ice cream, etc. We are going to try this and see if it helps.
Posts: 488 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Andie, i know i am fairly new too this. But today when i was having the herx...when i got warm i felt better, so i think staying warm is very important. I have this very warm chenile throw that i wrap myself in...i also have 10 fleece blankets on my bed...

if you dont have a robe you might want to buy one if you have some extra money....i have a fleece one from oldnavy...its very warm. Fleece blankets are great for wraping in as well...some stores have them for 5.00 Fleece has helped me so much during this illness so far. Its much warmer then regular blankets.

Have you tried any heat packs or anything like that?? i know they can be expensive, but they do help with warmth.
just some ideas.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for your responses. I do actually drink ginger tea. My acupuncturist had already given me the drill about cold foods.

Now, I wouldn't have them anyway; they just sound cold.

Lou, duck endo said my thyroid levels are slightly elevated but not enough to cause serious concern. Or enough to merit treatment, she said. Duck GP agreed.

I don't understand what you mean about calcium blockers...

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was frozen for the last year. A few weeks ago I sort of returned to normal. Last summer my feel froze during a heat wave and I had to thaw them in a hot tub.

Here's what helped me with being cold. Soaking in a hot tub. Drinking hot tea, wearing leg warmers on my ankles and on my wrists, always wearing gloves outside and sometimes inside, extra scarf, putting a fleece throw above my pillow and then pulling it over my shoulders at night. Using instant heat hand warmers. I put them in my gloves on the way to work then kept them on my desk to warm my frozen hands on. They last over 12 hours. They were on sale for 88cents a pair at sierratradingpost.com
hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eletric blanket ia what I use--
Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calcium channel blocks used by some lymies for heart palps. Side effect of cold hands and feet. Beta blockers used for same purpose, don't know about side effects on that one. However, being cold is also a typical lyme symptom. Ketes evidently like cooler temps. Maybe this is why they interfere with thyroid, to lower body temp. Not sure thyroid tests reliable indicator of who might need supplementation. Lot of controversy in this field too.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lou:
Not sure thyroid tests reliable indicator of who might need supplementation. Lot of controversy in this field too.

I agree! Did you ask your LLMD about it?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chroniccosmic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7789

Icon 6 posted      Profile for chroniccosmic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is snowing our first snow of the year as I type this to you. I'm constantly cold and I'm in an old house that is a bit drafty. We have $10 heating pads all over the house, on the couch, in my bed, etc. Warm baths and straight to the couch with the heating pad so the chill never sets in.

Lets all think warm thoughts to get through this winter that has just begun. [Cool]

Posts: 460 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mbroderick
Member # 5220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbroderick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Andie,

My daughter, Adrian, had been complaining about always being cold. We had some blood work done and discovered that her thyroid was on the very low side of normal. Her blood was cold! it can also cause cognitive problems. Check that out...

Posts: 2097 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey
for a quick warm up I wet my hair and blow dry on high heat (wearing alot of layers of clothes.)

Heating pads, hot baths and space heaters but close the door.
It gets so hot in my room my dogs are panting!!

Stay warm [Smile]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tidegal
Member # 8262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tidegal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stay cold all the time. My husband finally broke down and bought be an electric blanket because he was heating my blankets in the dryer all the time and it wasn't enough. I keep mine on high all day long most days!!
Posts: 44 | From GA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andie,
Come see me ands we shall sit by the fire.

We have gotton cold hand and aches relieved
with these fabric pillows filled with seeds.

You can get fancy ones at the mall or whole foods or the mall that smell nice.

My favorite is a square bag filled with field corn that a young girl made.

This cost nothing to make, I am sure.

Heated corn reminds me of childhood on farm.

Warm wishes,

Char

PS I just posted minutes after you did asking about cold as a herx!
What abx are you taking?

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOPS.

Idea is you heat fabric bag in microwave.

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corgilla
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corgilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Andy,

I'm going to make you jealous.

I just moved to my own house last June and with it came a Stoker coal stove. Even with it in the teens outside, my family room is about 85 degrees.

The coal is really cheap too.

I always get cold when I'm at work. I go home and sit in my family room and end up sweating by the time I go to bed. It's awesome.

I've also found that exercise warms me from the inside out when I'm capable of doing it.

I'm getting an elliptical for my birthday and I'm going to put it in my family room. Talk about a great way to detox...

I think a wood stove would probably do just as well if you have a place to put one.

Take care,

Corgilla

--------------------
"I'll never forget good old Whatsisname."

Posts: 694 | From PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy D
Member # 7750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have late stage lyme, was finally dx last summer and was always cold, ran the heated seats even in summer. My LLMD put me on heparin 5000u subQ twice a day for 3 months then had me add natrookinase twice a day. I'm warm all the time now - even my hands and feet and I live in Minnesota!! I've just stopped the heparin and am to restart it if my hands and feet started getting cold all the time again.
Posts: 17 | From Minneapolis | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Thanks everyone for your great responses and suggestions!

Too and Lou, I have an appt with LLMD in 10 days and will ask about this then. I have other symptoms now (some of them new) which I think may mean a co-infection.

Marian, I probably need to have thyroid retested. Was slightly elevated a year or so ago.

Corgilla, the stove sounds awesome. And Char, I'm on my way over. Bringing a big pot of homemade soup with me!

Actually, I got a down comforter on sale that's helping a lot at night. I also took everyone's suggestions and got a big old fleece blanket to wrap around myself at night. Finally, I've ordered these things called Wristies, which I will probably wear when I type. They're fleece and designed to keep your hands and wrists warm. I'll let you know!

In the meantime, I stayed inside today -- didn't go out in the snow (though snow has always been one of my favorite things). I built a big fire and drank a lot of hot tea! Then I took a detox bath and have been herxing like crazy ever since!

Andie

JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am cold all of the time (except the times I'm sweating because of Babs). At night, I wear a sweater, socks, robe, use a blanket, etc.

Even in the summer, I would be cold. My hands and feet are the absolute worst.

Even in bed with 5 blankets, I'm freezing. Even with thermal socks, my feet are sometimes so cold under the blankets that I can't sleep.

We bought a Northern Nights comforter from QVC. I've never been so warm - don't even need to wear socks in bed for the first time I remember. It's the only cover/comforter/quilt we use now, too. It makes the bed so nice and toasty.

So, you might look into buy something from Northern Nights. They come with a 3 yr warranty too.

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate winter because I will be cold no matter what until May. Even in the warmer seasons I have a thermostat problem, but then I can go in the sun and let it warm me to the bone.

Taking detox baths will help change my body temp for several hours.

Take care, Pam

[ 11. December 2005, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: map1131 ]

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am cold all the time too.

I just bought a set of Fleece sheets at Kohl's. On sale for $35.00 for queen size. They are usually around $80.00 ..... so go now while they are on sale!!

They are much warmenr than flannel!!!!

robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Robi,
I actually just bought some flannel sheets on sale at Kohls. I don't have the energy to remake the bed, but I'm going to try them out tomorrow!

I don't think I saw fleece sheets....I don't think I've ever even heard of them.

I'll look into it; thanks for the tip!

Andie

johnnyb
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Andie!

Hope all is going well with Dr. E.
I, too, am frequently cold. Sometimes I will just start getting chills out of nowhere, but everyone else in the room will say the temp is fine.
I'm thinking it could be a lyme herx, or maybe babs, which Dr. E just tested me for.
Not ever being the type to put on weight, lyme made me lose even more, which doesn't help the situation.

Hot showers, hot tea, microwaveable herb packs, all help quite a bit. You might want to try cayenne to promote healthy circulation / warmth.

I love fireplaces, but don't have one. When we visit my sister-in-law in PA, they make fun of me because I throw too much wood on the fire!

Stay Warm!

- JB

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One last tip.
Throw clothes in dryer with a damp cloth.Run on high for 15 minets.(Multi layers.)
Put on right out of the dryer.

This works for only a short time but feels like heaven.
Unfortunately I have to hang out by my dryer with extra clothes.But no problem when I am on couch & dryer is like 6 steps away.

You can never be too kind or too warm [Smile]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

"you can never be too kind or too warm"
I like that, Dana!

JB, I do have a fireplace and love it. There's nothing like it in the snow!

Also, I've wondered about babs. I'm seeing my LLMD in a couple of weeks and want to check that out. I did test negative for all the co-infections before, but it seems I have this new constellation that makes me suspicious.

How have you been doing, Johnny?

Great to hear from you!

Andie

Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, this topic WARMS MY HEART!!!

In winter, I just cannot get warm.

I am hypothyroid too.

Andie, your Endo Duck ought to know a person's TSH should be between 1 and 2 who isn't having thyroid symptoms. "Slightly elevated" can give you lots of trouble. Ask your LLMD for a trial of a very small dose of Synthroid and see if it helps. This -- like Lyme - is a very controversial area and Endo ducks like to withhold.

I have bradycardia. I am always making monitors go off, my heartbeat is so slow, in the 40's.

I particularly enjoy getting in a car that's been sitting in the sun and just baking in it. Aaaah.

I built a house out of straw bales mostly for the superior insulating quality of straw. It stays really, really warm. I like it 75 in here, and am known to push it to 78, though others may object. [Mad] I live at 3000 feet in snow couuntry in the mountains.

A heated mattress pad (electric) is a Godsend to me! I found it much better than an electric blanket.

Ski socks and micro-fleece liners (tops and bottoms) for going out are necessities.

I never complained about early menopause.. I told my Gyno Duck (when she tried to put me on HuRT): "Hey, I'm really LIKING the hot flashes -- it's the first time I've ever been WARM!!!!!

Hurry, summer!

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you being treated for babesia? I tried to look through the posts but couldn't tell.

On my first visit to my LLMD, I wore a turtleneck, sweatshirt and carried in a sweater. I rode the 3 hours with the heater on. It was mid August on the east coast.

Fortunately we went to FL on vacation the end of August for 2 weeks were I sat in hot tubs and I was very comfortable.

I just started my 4th bottle of Mepron and I'm warmer than I have been in years. I'm hypothyroid and take a t3& t4 med. My thyroid meds have been well balanced for the last few years.

elle

--------------------
When I feel blue . . . . . . its time to take another breath

Posts: 296 | From East Coast | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Michelle, I never thought I would look back fondly on hot flashing, but you bring up a good point. [Big Grin]

Elle, I haven't been treated for babesia. My initial test came back negative and haven't been repeated since (I don't think).
My acupuncturist seems my constellation of symptoms now as being very malarial in nature.

That makes me suspicious of babesia, especially knowing the inaccuracy of the tests.

I think I'll call my llmd tomorrow and see if they can fax me a lab prescription for a thyroid test. I see the Lyme doc in 10 days, and it would be good to have thyroid results when I go in.

If anyone has any other thoughts about this, I'd welcome them. The whole thyroid thing sounded so complicated when presented by the endo that I just walked away. I was pretty Lyme-brainy by then.

Andie

5dana8
Member # 7935

I boiled a chicken last night and put tons of whole garlic's in it and tons of onions.
Drank a cup of broth (luke warm) and I was warm for about an hour.

I honestly believe it was the garlic.I take garlic supps but Maybe their is somthing to fresh garlic? The only draw back was the house stunk and I am sure so did I. [Big Grin]

Take care.

--------------------
5dana8

Andie333
Member # 7370

Today, I was my acupuncturist for the first time in 10 days. She couldn't believe how cold my hands were and concentrated the session on getting me warmed up.

Here are some of the things she said (maybe they'll be helpful to someone else) By the way, she's the one who originally suspected Lyme for me, so I highly respect her opinion.

-- She said I couldn't get warm by gloves, etc., because I'm actually cold inside. Abx are chilling, she told me; they rob the body of its heat.

-- She gave me a Chinese herb mix to drink as a tea but also said I should supplement that with ginger tea. Use ginger as another supplement this time of year, she said.

-- As far as diet, she warned me away from salads or any other cold food, especially ice cream. She said I should drink my water at room temperature or warmer. Also, she said to stay away from foods that require a lot of energy to chew (really don't know what falls into that category, but anyway)...she said that energy takes heat away rather than generating it.

Hope this helps someone else! Since that treatment today, I've actually been warmer all afternoon. Not sure how long that's gonna hold, but it sure feels good now!

Andie

imalymeabean
Member # 8375

Icon 11 posted      Profile for imalymeabean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michelle,I am very new at this site & with computer skills. Please bare with me.I am currently on I.V. Roceph.,Zithro. & Mepron.I live in MN. and am experiencing the opposite problem.I am so hot it gets embarassing.I have been treated since July.The heat intollerance is a bit better now that it is below freezing.I am 46. Could it be menopause? I'm not sure I can handle both Lyme & menopause.Has anyone gone through both and survived?
Posts: 7 | From mn. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chroniccosmic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chroniccosmic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ima,

I think this illness threw me into early menopause and yes I have had to deal with hot flashes from that. I do suspect babesia co-infection now because I have had all the hormone testing and am in pretty much good hormonal balance. Still I have these hot/cold flashes continually all day long. When it all started I wasn't sure what to tackle first but my MD is a very progressive doctor who tested hormones with a saliva test instead of blood. We then did bio identical hormones instead of the traditional prescription stuff. It has worked well but no periods for a while, so I guess I'm through menopaus now.

Hope that helps. [Wink]

Posts: 460 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corgilla
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corgilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Andie,

Your acupuncturist sounds like one that my sister sees. Could it be Cheryl in New Hope?

Corgilla

--------------------
"I'll never forget good old Whatsisname."

Posts: 694 | From PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Corgilla,

My acupuncturist is actually in Philadelphia, not in New Hope.

She's awesome, and what's interesting (and encouraging) to me is that she and my LLMD almost always see things the same way.

Saw LLMD just today. She doesn't think I've got a different TBI; she believes this has to do with the amount of toxins in my body. So I need to add some detoxy things...

Go slowly with it, she said, because my system is still so vulnerable.

Anybody have any thoughts about this?

Otherwise, I'm apparently doing pretty well...making teeny, tiny progress.

Andie

Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by imalymeabean:
Michelle,I am very new at this site & with computer skills. Please bare with me.I am currently on I.V. Roceph.,Zithro. & Mepron.I live in MN. and am experiencing the opposite problem.I am so hot it gets embarassing.I have been treated since July.The heat intollerance is a bit better now that it is below freezing.I am 46. Could it be menopause? I'm not sure I can handle both Lyme & menopause.Has anyone gone through both and survived?

Hi Ima! Welcome to LymeNet! Hey, treasure those hot flashes -- when they're gone, you'll be freezing your a$$ off with the rest of us! [Big Grin] Kidding -- I sympathize!! My GP/gyno duck (she was trying to figure out my headaches, figgered it was coming from the early menopause) put me on bio-identical hormones. It does help turn down the heat. They also did a hormone panel - a little blood draw. Confirms you're "in the zone" hormonally speaking. I was WAY in the zone! Then eventually periods stopped altegether. At age 46.

When I figured out it was Lyme, I tossed the bio-identical hormones. Just too freaking much to deal with! Pills! Creams! Antibiotics! Yikes! Besides, by that time I was kind of hoping the hot flashes would come back because I was perpetually freezing.

You CAN do menopause and Lyme! Yes! Think of the money you'll save on women's delicate care products! Think of the reduced birth control stress! (My doc looked at hormone panel and said "HAH - no WAY you could get pregnant!) I said, "Is that subject to change? Could it change back, and I could show up as an OLD mother?" She laughed and repeated "no way."

Besides, with Lyme, you're too tired to feel like sex ANYWAY -- OOPS, that's probably for another thread ... [bonk]

Hang in there!!! It gets better. Don't be afraid to ask your gyno duck for help. Get your thyroid checked too when you have your hormone panel run.

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

I just wanted to update this post.

I have seen the acupuncturist now three times and been treated for the cold. Ever since her treatments and the Chinese herbs she gave me, the cold has dimininished.

It's winter; I do still get cold, but it doesn't feel like that bone-chilling thing I was experiencing at the beginning of the month.

In fact, by the time I saw my LLMD around Christmas, I only mentioned the cold as an incidental thing. I did get a prescription for a thyroid test, though, so I'll double-check those levels.

Andie

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement